TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Ok Ladies, now you can officially call me nuts :fool: as I told you my clinic is closed sat-sun and I got smiley face on saturday, also on sunday morning&evening. Had ovulation pains sat+sunday. I always thought (still do ) that ovulation happens/egg is released when pain stops, not sure though. Anyhow, after googleing for whole weekend and finding reserches on timing of IUI I decided that we'll do IUI monday, and I just had it done 2 hours ago :happydance:
Everything looked good, we had 9,5milj :spermy: my lining was 12mm and ovulation had happened. My gyn said that egg is fertilizable for 36hours, so now just hoping and praying that egg is still alive [-o<and those spermies find it!!!
And it didn't hurt at all!!!! Like she said nature is so wise that when we ovulate cervix is straigtens and is little bit open for spermies, like mine was now and didnt feel the cathetre AT ALL :thumbup: like in my hsg she couldnt get it in and hurt like crap..
I'm exited, not too optimistic but glad I went. Next cycle (if it comes) we'll go injectables with iui.
Sorry for this TOTALLY selfish post :blush:
Thanks for all of your support :hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope march brings us miracles :cloud9:

You're allowed a 'selfish' post after what you've been through!! Let's hope that the sperm finds the egg and you have your own little bb in 9 months time! FX for you hun!!

asry - thats wonderful news!!! I hope those spermies meet that eggy and get super snuggly!! :hugs:

hows everyone's day today so far??

Yeah, I was thinking same thing - if prog makes temp go up after ov, then maybe taking "extra" is giving me a bit of fever. I run very cold so I never usually go above 98.6 (lucky to get that), but I'm at 100 this afternoon.

Oh well, they said that I may experience some unusual things... I just get a little scared when messing w/hormones & thinking perhaps I should wait for 2nd opinion (in another month or so)? But then, I think if I wait for 2nd opinion & I timed things correctly this month, not taking it could ruin any chance I may have? Aye, carumba... :dohh:

Lil-:hugs: your immune system does drop. Do you have a cold or just low grade fever?

Hey Frolicky - just fever, no cold, don't feel sick or anything. Thats why I was thinking must be the hormones. It is better today - actually FF threw that temp out yesterday. I have to stop for 1.5 days anyway bc getting a bunch of tests done tomorrow. I didn't know you can lose some immunity - just in beginning or as long as you are taking?

Awesome you are in in 2ww, now! So, wait - did you get your 2nd round of IUI, too? I think you have higher chances after mc bc your body is "in mode". FX!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

P.S. - believe it or not I don't seem to mind the 2WW too much (remind me of this stmt in a week). Its the 10-day ov/bd-ing/am I going to ov? that freaks me out the most :wacko:(& takes the most energy!) :haha:

Yay Asry! Yeah, if you kept getting smileys all Sunday, then LH still surging so your 12-24/36 hours window still going on & Monday is a good time to get IUI!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

So, you are in 2WW too - would you be 1DPO or how does that work?

So glad for you!:hugs:

Hi Purple - my day is just getting started :coffee:(on a Monday - fun). How is yours?

When is your Dr appt? Can't wait... :hugs::winkwink::happydance:

YAY Asry willing those spermies to catch that egg and burrow in deep:hugs:

Dwrgi I am thinking of you constantly on this round of IVF and sending you every ounce of positivity that I have in me to let this be your time. Hang on in there :hugs:

Purple half way through first tri now yippee you will be fat and round before you know it and wondering how it all went so fast:hugs:

AFM I finally got the all clear for Zara and I am so relieved, I never want to be put through anything like that again and told the Dr's that as they chose not to tell me at 20 weeks they really shouldn't have said anything at this point but just made me have the scan by telling me it was normal practice at this stage. I really wouldn't have known any different and then they wouldn't have needed to scare me to death. Anyway I am glad it is all done and I can go back to enjoying the rest of my pregnancy.

Will catch up on everyones news later as at work and just jumped on quickly whilst the boss is in a meeting.

Take care and big :hugs: to all

YAY Asry willing those spermies to catch that egg and burrow in deep:hugs:

Dwrgi I am thinking of you constantly on this round of IVF and sending you every ounce of positivity that I have in me to let this be your time. Hang on in there :hugs:

Purple half way through first tri now yippee you will be fat and round before you know it and wondering how it all went so fast:hugs:

AFM I finally got the all clear for Zara and I am so relieved, I never want to be put through anything like that again and told the Dr's that as they chose not to tell me at 20 weeks they really shouldn't have said anything at this point but just made me have the scan by telling me it was normal practice at this stage. I really wouldn't have known any different and then they wouldn't have needed to scare me to death. Anyway I am glad it is all done and I can go back to enjoying the rest of my pregnancy.

Will catch up on everyones news later as at work and just jumped on quickly whilst the boss is in a meeting.

Take care and big :hugs: to all

Am so pleased to hear this, and you did right to tell your docs your feelings. It would have spared you all this worry and anxiety. I guess they forget that we have feelings. Anyway, delighted to hear your news, and Zara will be here before you know it! Brilliant! :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words, btw. It is hell on earth, isn't it, IVF? Don't know how people hold it together.... Second scan on Weds-roll on!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Question for any of my progesterone-challenged friends: When you started taking the cream did you get a fever? what about estrogen? I'm taking both since Fri. & I have a fever today but don't feel sick (now that I'm not sick I have a fever?)

Its gotta be the hormones...(?) Thanks :thumbup:

Hi Lil - I started using the cream over a year ago (still am -only after ovulation until AF) and the only symptoms I get are that it gives me tiny little pimples on my back (not too terrible though - just a few but sometimes they are the painful ones -yikes) Try to exfoliate your back -before ovulation it will help..

And I've also noticed it makes you feel pregnant more - like tired, bloated etc... never got a fever though... Fever is a sign that the body is fighting something (infection ???) Do you think you might have a UTI or something?

Good luck girl - gotta go!! xoxoxo

Hi ladies !!
Carole - YAY YAY YAY!!!!!! SO glad to hear that you and Zara are okay.... was thinking about you a lot.... Yes I agree the doctor's shouldn't have told you anything until they were sure..... Try and relax and enjoy the rest of your time preggers!!

Frolicky - fx for you the this IUI is the one!!!

Asry - So glad to hear you got the IUI this morning!!! awesome!!! sometimes things just work out! fx this is the one for you!

Lilsluz - glad to hear you're feeling better - hope you got that eggy too!!!

Ipen - glad you are okay! enjoy the new car!!

Purple - sounds like a great show.... I love muppets so would love that too! Is your doctor's app't tomorrow?? good luck !!!! xxoxoxo

Dwrgi - I really hope you get your BFP soon .... injecting in the parking lot must be so hard! wow you can see a castle from your home!!????? so amazing...

Butterfly, HA, Missy, Twinks, Never, Dr. S (and anyone else I missed-sorry!) Big hugs and hello!!!

AFM - yeah baby shower ok -I actually did have a shower for my adopted daughter when we arrived home with her (at 1 yr.old)... but it's definitely not the same when you are preggers and have that baby inside you - I love her more than anything - but just want the experience of carrying a baby ...
Yesterday at my daughter's gymnastics (she's 3 now) the instructor said to us that she is the spitting image of my husband (she doesn't look like me so I think people are curious and always say this to us)....So I tell them she is adopted.... and they are floored. I have to stop doing that though... it is none of their business and just saddens me when I do...

Yesterday I got positive OPK strips twice (morning and night) so I guess I'm ov. today /tomorrow... Not feeling any twinges yet though.:shrug:

Hope you wonderful ladies have a great day!!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flower:

Carole, so glad you got the all clear for Zara but :grr: at those doctors for puting you through hell!

Dwrgi, can't wait to hear the results of your scan on Weds, I guess they will be measuring the follies etc and you will start to get a good idea of what is developing :happydance::happydance:

Went to the doc this morning and he thinks I don't need a D&C :)happydance:) - I'm hoping that my tests will be negative by the end of this week then I need to look out for O and hope I am able to dash to London in time to catch it...

Carole, so glad you got the all clear for Zara but :grr: at those doctors for puting you through hell!

Dwrgi, can't wait to hear the results of your scan on Weds, I guess they will be measuring the follies etc and you will start to get a good idea of what is developing :happydance::happydance:

Went to the doc this morning and he thinks I don't need a D&C :)happydance:) - I'm hoping that my tests will be negative by the end of this week then I need to look out for O and hope I am able to dash to London in time to catch it...

Frolicky-well done and good luck!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly-so pleased you don't need D&C! Delighted for you. I hope results will be negative by the end of this week and you can get down to business, so to speak!! Fingers crossed for you hun! What's it like being home? :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Thanks hon it is good to be home but the downside is that, much as I get on with my lodger, I really need a place of my own now so am hoping I can sell this place quickly now. :wacko:

Thanks hon it is good to be home but the downside is that, much as I get on with my lodger, I really need a place of my own now so am hoping I can sell this place quickly now. :wacko:

Yes, hope so too! You need privacy, really, don't you? Sending you big hugs-:kiss::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Dwrgi IVF is a complete biaatch that takes you on a rollacoaster ride of one extreme emotion to the other. You get so hopeful and then so doubtful, you get scared to be too positive just in case it jinxs you and then you feel like if you are not super positive it will also not work for you arrgh. You put so much into it with emotions, physical and financial with no sure outcome.

On the positive side it does overcome so many of of the steps of getting pregnant that you are just left with the implantation phase to conquer.

I am a firm believer if you can deal with the challenges of IVF and come out sane then everything else in life will be a doddle. Hang in there honey and visualise those follies growing perfectly giving you top grade eggs at the end.

I will be continuing to send you lots of love and positivity :hugs:

I am at work, but wanted to quickly reply to this...

I went to yoga yesterday and the yoga instructor had a mc too and she was 9 weeks when she mc and she had a D&C and got pregnant right away afterwards. FX'd for you!! :hugs: :hugs:

Question for any of my progesterone-challenged friends: When you started taking the cream did you get a fever? what about estrogen? I'm taking both since Fri. & I have a fever today but don't feel sick (now that I'm not sick I have a fever?)

Its gotta be the hormones...(?) Thanks :thumbup:

Hi Lil - I started using the cream over a year ago (still am -only after ovulation until AF) and the only symptoms I get are that it gives me tiny little pimples on my back (not too terrible though - just a few but sometimes they are the painful ones -yikes) Try to exfoliate your back -before ovulation it will help..

And I've also noticed it makes you feel pregnant more - like tired, bloated etc... never got a fever though... Fever is a sign that the body is fighting something (infection ???) Do you think you might have a UTI or something?

Good luck girl - gotta go!! xoxoxo

Oh great - I'm already wrestling w/the late-30's pimples that I didn't even deal w/in puberty, now my back - I'll be like a spotted leopard espec if I go to the beach. Must have been something weird - no fever today (whew).Thank you so much for the feedback & luck!:flower:

GL to you catching your eggy too - yay for ov! :happydance:

Carole - sooooooo glad to hear! Argh, you must have been beside yourself for several days not knowing! But so so glad it worked out well - whew! :thumbup:

Butterfly - thank God for no D&C! :happydance: Its really rough - really rough (I cried whole time at my 12.5 wk mc bc it was so painful) Sooo glad you don't have to go thru that! :flower:

I'm hearing good news on this post now, ladies - let's keep it up! C'mon Miracle March!!!! Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

AFM - yeah baby shower ok -I actually did have a shower for my adopted daughter when we arrived home with her (at 1 yr.old)... but it's definitely not the same when you are preggers and have that baby inside you - I love her more than anything - but just want the experience of carrying a baby ...
Yesterday at my daughter's gymnastics (she's 3 now) the instructor said to us that she is the spitting image of my husband (she doesn't look like me so I think people are curious and always say this to us)....So I tell them she is adopted.... and they are floored. I have to stop doing that though... it is none of their business and just saddens me when I do...

Dashka: Yes, why tell strangers your DD is adopted? She is your child--she is from your heart instead of from "under" your heart, that's the only difference! I don't bother to "correct" people when they refer to my SD as my DD. It's none of their biz. I totally respect my SD's parents, but I'm not going to negate the care and the love I put into her (and make us feel awkward around people who know nothing about us) simply because she's not mine biologically. And that's just my SD. If she were my AD...shoot! I'd be taking those compliments all the time--"why yes, thank you, she looks just like her daddy, doesn't she?" LOL. That's your baby girl, and it's no one's biz how she got to be in your arms unless you (or she) chooses to share that info. Your baby girl sounds precious, BTW.

AFM: Gulp. Yikes. Gasp. I'm the big 4-0 tomorrow ladies! :haha: :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->