TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Nikki thanks so much ... You are absolutely right and they told us the same in our adoption classes ... I don't know why I tell people ... Part of me wants to tell people how extra special she is I guess.. Coming from an orphanage and look at her now... She was 12 pounds when we met her at 10 months! But it's going to stop as she is understanding things now and we need to introduce her slowly to the adoption idea... She was definitely born in my heart and I still feel like a piece of my heart is walking around when I see her ....

Happy birthday Nikki tomorrow!!! I turn 40 in May also!!
Hope you and baby are doing well!!

Nikki Happy Birthday in advance!! Yay :cake::yipee: hope you have a special day :hugs:

Butterfly - hope you get your O soon and get back with business in London :bunny: so happy to hear you are recovering :hugs:

Dwirgi - were you havin U/S today? Hopefully everything is lookin good :thumbup: and sending :plane: you some good vibes and sunshine so that you get the strength to go through IVF :hugs::friends:

LilS- good that it seems fever is gone, maybe it had something to do with implantation? :winkwink: I've also read some women have fever etc. when they get pregnant. Hopefully this is it!!!:hugs: I had reflexology yesterday and she said why dont you just decide this is it, IUI is gonna work - why would you want to be sad its not gonna work in advance and get too many stressvibes in your body, you can do it then IF you found out it didnt.

Carole - I'm so glad everything is good now :hugs: hopefully you can relax for the rest of the pregnancy and nothing comes in your way anymore.

Dashka - Yes I agree with Nikki, your daughter is your daughter, no need to explain ppl where she came. Shes your precious :hugs: I can see how much you love her from the way you write :hugs:

Hows purple doing? :hugs:
Froliky - have you had terrible headaches after IUI? I was just wondering if this is from doing that or just something else..ouch ](*,)

Hope all of you have a great day :hug:

Nikki, happy birthday! :cake: :happydance::happydance:

Asry, hope your headache goes soon :hugs::hugs:

Froliky, thanks for that, it would be amazing if that happened to me too :thumbup::hugs:

Grrrrrr- :grr:, just lost a LONG post!!!

Nikki-a HUGE happy birthday to you hun! :cake::cake: A special birthday for a special year, and almost at the 12 week mark! Fantastic! Hope you have a really special day! :kiss:

Asry-I wouldn't be at all surprised if the headache was down to the meds you took for the IUI. Try to relax and drink as much water as you possibly can to help flush the toxins away! Thinking of you, and let's hope there are magical goings-on inside your tum, as we speak!!! Also love your reflexologist's advice-we always expect to fail, but why not expect to win? Why not expect a miracle???! Good luck to you hun, Axxxx :hugs::hugs:

Lil-sorry to hear about the bacne-mine has cleared up almost instantly, and I'm sure yours will too, once you finish the meds. I bought a back scrubber to help slough off dead skin, but also because it felt so nicem, as my back was so irritated! Hope you're okay hun, Axxx :hugs:

Dashka, I agree with Asry that it is obvious you completely adore your AD, what business it is of others whether she is yours biologically or not. :hugs:

Butterfly-I HOPE you get lucky too! Bring on the O, I say!! And bring on the :bfp: Thinking of you, and sending big hugs and lots of love, Axxxx :kiss::kiss:

Carole, really appreciate your support, I was really touched when you popped by to leave yesterday's post. Big :hugs: to you, Axxx

Missy, HA, Twinks, Ipenn, Dr S, Lady H, Purple, how are you all doing? I'm sure I've missed somebody out, but big :hi: to you all.

I'm at home today, just sooooooooo shattered with all the meds, and sure that I'm coming down with a cold. It's not as if I'm going to be doing this every month, so I'm taking a sickie, and am just going to rest, sleep, drink lots of water, rest, sleep, etc. Scan tomorrow-let's hope there's something going on in my ovaries-GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!!

Lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to us all, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Butterfly - I am so happy that you seem to be healing - roll on the bfp for you and a supersticky bean!! :flower:

Dwrgi - good luck with the scan tomorrow! I have a good feeling for you for this month!! I hope your cold doesn't hang around xx :hugs:

lil - bacne is a bugger!! I had it as a teenager! maybe its a good sign that your body thinks it's a teenager again! :winkwink:

Carole - oh what a relief that Zara is ok! shame on your doctor for scaring you like that thou! now you can just look forwards to meeting your little girl :D

Frolicky and Asry - 2ww!! I am sending you both a ton of :hugs: and positive sticky vibes! and Asry - I hope the headache settles soon! :happydance::happydance:

Twinkle - big loves to you! has there been anymore Burlesque action at your house?? or is your lucky dh still recovering?? :winkwink:

Dashka - I agree with the other ladies - you daughter is your daughter, doesn't matter how she arrived :hugs: it's no-one elses business. :happydance: now Im rooting for you that she gets to be a big sister soon!

Missy - I hope you are ok, thinking of you and sending :hugs:

HA - big giant :hugs: and a huge bag of virtual M&Ms coming your way xx

Nikki - happy birthday for tomorrow, :cake: I hope you have a fab day! are you planning anything nice to celebrate?

Ipenn - glad you are ok after the storm! it looked awful on the news coverage here! and yay for wine :wine: and a new car!!

LadyH - I had a peek at your chart, you have a dip today I wonder if todays the day?? keeping fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

DrS - when do you start your new job?? :thumbup: good luck with it! Is iui a go or no go this cycle - when are you travelling?? :shipw:

for anyone Ive missed...huge :hugs::hugs::hugs:

afm - I went to the doctors this morning so that's one scary thing done. It was after I went to the doctors last time that I started bleeding, although I realise the two are not related. other than that now much to report. I hope you ladies are all doing ok?? big loves xxx

Butterfly - I am so happy that you seem to be healing - roll on the bfp for you and a supersticky bean!! :flower:

Dwrgi - good luck with the scan tomorrow! I have a good feeling for you for this month!! I hope your cold doesn't hang around xx :hugs:

lil - bacne is a bugger!! I had it as a teenager! maybe its a good sign that your body thinks it's a teenager again! :winkwink:

Carole - oh what a relief that Zara is ok! shame on your doctor for scaring you like that thou! now you can just look forwards to meeting your little girl :D

Frolicky and Asry - 2ww!! I am sending you both a ton of :hugs: and positive sticky vibes! and Asry - I hope the headache settles soon! :happydance::happydance:

Twinkle - big loves to you! has there been anymore Burlesque action at your house?? or is your lucky dh still recovering?? :winkwink:

Dashka - I agree with the other ladies - you daughter is your daughter, doesn't matter how she arrived :hugs: it's no-one elses business. :happydance: now Im rooting for you that she gets to be a big sister soon!

Missy - I hope you are ok, thinking of you and sending :hugs:

HA - big giant :hugs: and a huge bag of virtual M&Ms coming your way xx

Nikki - happy birthday for tomorrow, :cake: I hope you have a fab day! are you planning anything nice to celebrate?

Ipenn - glad you are ok after the storm! it looked awful on the news coverage here! and yay for wine :wine: and a new car!!

LadyH - I had a peek at your chart, you have a dip today I wonder if todays the day?? keeping fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

DrS - when do you start your new job?? :thumbup: good luck with it! Is iui a go or no go this cycle - when are you travelling?? :shipw:

for anyone Ive missed...huge :hugs::hugs::hugs:

afm - I went to the doctors this morning so that's one scary thing done. It was after I went to the doctors last time that I started bleeding, although I realise the two are not related. other than that now much to report. I hope you ladies are all doing ok?? big loves xxx

Thank you hun, you are always so thoughtful. What did the doctors say? Am sure that all will be okay with this little bean! Try not to worry hun, easier said than done, I know! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

thank you hun xx
The doctor was very nice and just checked my blood pressure and made sure I was taking prenatal vitamins. He's booked me to see the midwife in a couple of weeks, so hopefully everything stays put now.

Ladies I know it's hard to hear pregnancy details, so I am consciously trying not to post a lot of stuff on this thread about that. I have started a journal and will put it there :) I love you guys though and I don't want to leave here. I did make a tentative post on the grads thread but all the ladies there (with the exception of Carole) are busy with their own newborns/older babies and I don't really know anyone except carole, so I hope no-one minds if I hang on here for a bit. (If I am being insensitive - please say) Maybe March will be the miracle month (I really hope so!!) and then we can all go head over to a new thread together!

thank you hun xx
The doctor was very nice and just checked my blood pressure and made sure I was taking prenatal vitamins. He's booked me to see the midwife in a couple of weeks, so hopefully everything stays put now.

Ladies I know it's hard to hear pregnancy details, so I am consciously trying not to post a lot of stuff on this thread about that. I have started a journal and will put it there :) I love you guys though and I don't want to leave here. I did make a tentative post on the grads thread but all the ladies there (with the exception of Carole) are busy with their own newborns/older babies and I don't really know anyone except carole, so I hope no-one minds if I hang on here for a bit. (If I am being insensitive - please say) Maybe March will be the miracle month (I really hope so!!) and then we can all go head over to a new thread together!

Oh Purps, you're always so sensitive. Please stay with us for longer-we miss you when you are not here, and want to know how you are getting on. I know it's a sensitive area, but you're one of the most thoughtful people I know, so I'm sure that you won't offend any one of us. Plus, we want to know what treatment you get so that we are prepared when we all get preggers!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: So, worry not, and stay with us.

Lots and lots of love and delighted that everything went well for you today!
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

thank you hun xx

Oh Purps, you're always so sensitive. Please stay with us for longer-we miss you when you are not hear, and want to know how you are getting on. I know it's a sensitive area, but you're one of the most thoughtful people I know, so I'm sure that you won't offend any one of us. Plus, we want to know what treatment you get so that we are prepared when we all get preggers!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: So, worry not, and stay with us.

Lots and lots of love and delighted that everything went well for you today!
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

thank you!
I am very happy to be staying :D

thank you hun xx

A Big Fat (cautiously optimistic?) :happydance: on the Dr Appt! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

But pleeeeeez don't leave us! :cry: (unless someone else is sensitive about it, of course & I'd understand too...) AFM, I would love to hear all the good deets as you go! Who else is going to teach us what to do/expect? - You didn't realize that you weren't just a mommy of 1 but to all 20+ of us!? :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies....
hope you're having a great day!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words re: my AD... I totally agree...

Nikki - Happy Birthday again!! Hope you are celebrating girl!!:flower:

Purple - PLEASE PLEASE don't go!! You give us HOPE! and love hearing about your details... Glad to hear the dr. app't went okay... :) :happydance:

Dwrgi - I hope you are feeling better and that nasty cold goes away.... I agree drink lots of water to get those toxins out.... FX March will be lucky for you!:hugs:

Lilsluz - hope you are feeling better... and hope that fever was a good sign! xo:flower:

Asry and Frolicky - hope you are taking it easy and fingers and toes crossed for you!:hugs:

Ipen, HA, Dr.S, Butterfuly, Carole, Never, Twinks, Missy and Heavenly (where are you?) ...hope you are all well!!! Big Hugs to you and (whoever I missed!)

AFM - I think I ovulated yesterday as my OPK strips were positive morning and night on Sunday - then yesterday around Noon I got some cramping in my left ovary side..... (it lasted about 2 hrs)... longer than usual... Does anyone know if you ovulate when the cramping is there? I have heard that is not necessarily the case... but thought I'd ask. If I did ov. yesterday than that would be Day 12 - not the best for follicular stage .... My ND said the longer the follicular stage the better (egg has more time to grow) but we'll see what happens.

xoxo

Dashka - I'm always also wondering about ovulation pains. Some doc has said it might be folly just growing fast or then bursting out. Or it could be the start of o or the end. Who knows :shrug:, I guess if you chart then you'll know after when it happend by the temp rise.
Anyhow, hopefully you'll catch that egg :happydance::happydance:

purple- you are far from insensitive. i think people like hearing about the us, normal baby visits etc especially from people who have been trying so hard.. i think people are ridiculously happy for you and want follow up =) i think what feels insensitive sometimes is graphic detail about diaper bag purchases etc

im going for day 12 us tomorrow to check the follies and plan trigger and iui.

Dashka - I'm always also wondering about ovulation pains. Some doc has said it might be folly just growing fast or then bursting out. Or it could be the start of o or the end. Who knows :shrug:, I guess if you chart then you'll know after when it happend by the temp rise.
Anyhow, hopefully you'll catch that egg :happydance::happydance:

Yes, I remember reading somewhere that it was the egg rupturing from the follicle. My ov pains used to last a few hours, so I must have flippin enormous eggs, or blooming slow ones, to take that long to get shifted. Nor did they ever do any good. Grrrr. :nope::nope::nope:

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies!

I'm having a good birthday. My dad sent a wonderful fruit basket to my work for me to share with coworkers. My DH has something planned for me on Saturday (it's er a "surprise" but my BFF has hinted around a bit, LOL).

The only little bummer to it all (and it's very minor) is that because I'm still hiding the PG from everyone until after my nuchal translucency Monday (my last big, yet scary, hurdle of the first tri), I can't mention the biggest birthday gift I've received in front of all my family and friends. :nope: So close, yet so far. :shrug:

Ummmm, Purple...you DO know someone else on the Graduates thread besides Carole. :haha: I would love to have some company, since as you've pointed out, most of the graduates are almost done with their PG or have little ones already. :happydance: Waiting for others in this forum to join us. :hugs:

Dwigi: Hope you feel better.

Daska, if the longer the folli stage the bigger the egg, then my egg was the size of Montana, because I tried and failed to ovulate twice in December before it finally happened on day 22. :dohh:

There's so much conception activity going on at the same time that something's gotta stick! I expect to see BFPs at the end of the TWW from Froliky and Asryella.

Sigh, OK, gotta jam, but hello and thanks again to everyone for my fantastic b-day wishes! :thumbup: :cloud9:

Happy Birthday Nikki & I'm more than happy to have you & Purple hang out with us for as long as you want to! xx

aww Nikki - thank you lovely! I haven't got my courage up yet if Im honest! but of course I know you :hugs: I didn't know you posted over there too thou :)

and ladies, thank you, big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: - I love you all xx

Morning girls!

How are you feeling, Frolicky and Asry? Hope you're both resting up as much as you can!

Purple, how are you doing today??

Butterfly-hello!!!! You okay, hun? Thinking of you!

Missy-come back to us!!!! We miss you! xxxxx

HA-big :hugs: Thinking of you loads!

Dr. S-good luck with day 12 scan.

Lady H, Ipenn-where are you?

Nikki-happy birthday! What a lovely surprise from your father. Hmm, I bet you're desperate to tell everybody your news. Only a few more days to go!

Twinks, what you up to? Hope you're okay?

Dashka, Lil-love to you both!

Big hi to anybody that I've forgotten!

Had my second scan today-loads of follies, more than last year (7 biggish ones one one side, with another 5-6 little ones, and 4 on the other side, only two of a good size, tho.) and a perfect triple lining at 8.2mm. Nurse was delighted. Follies seem to have grown faster than last year too, as we compared results. Yes, I said to her, I know this sounds good, but how many eggs will we get from it? That's the big issue. She couldn't make sense of last summer's outcome because, as she pointed out, the thickness of the endometrium correlates to the number of eggs, and I had a lovely thick lining last summer too... Let's hope for better luck this time! Next scan on Friday, with EC on Monday or Tuesday. Yikes!

Love to you all, am off back to bed now with my hot water bottle. Splitting headache, and feel like poo pants.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ohh Dwrgi - It sounds good so far! :dance: I'd like to whisper to your follies and give them a little pep talk maybe and explain to them that they should all try and grow big and fat and be just about the right size!
How are you feeling in yourself?? is the headache from the nasty cold or the meds do you think?? Hot water bottle sounds a great idea, make sure and drink loads of fluids and rest lots!!

frolicky and asry - how are you ladies doing in that 2ww?? I am constantly thinking about all you ladies on this thread, but when someone is having a treatment or even just a hard time I send some extra positive vibes their way!

DsS - thanks hun, how are you doing?? Is your trip soon?? Good luck tomorrow :thumbup:

Missy - big :hugs: just because.

Nikki - I just reread your post and my mouth went all watery over fruit baskets - yum yum! what do you think your surprise is???

HA - big M&M :hugs: to you!

big squishy :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to Lil, Daska, LadyH, Ipenn, twinkle, Heavenly and any lurking ladies (I still think about Pad and OMM and wooly and wonder how they are!) I hope you are all having a good dayxx

afm - Im in work today (I have the rest of the week booked as holiday - to use up the rest of my entitlement for the year before April) and I am tired - nothing to do with pregnancy though - my two naughty doggies both snored all night long last night and kept me awake!! little devils. I am looking forwards to home time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->