TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

And to cheer us all up for the weekend:

How does an RE like his eggs?
Over 20mm!

One ovary says to the other ovary, "Hey, did you order any furniture?"
The other ovary says, "No, why?"
"There are a couple of nuts outside trying to shove an organ in."

Why does it take 50 million sperm to fertilize one egg?
Because they won't ask for directions!

Two sperm were swimming through a woman's body.
The first said, "Whew. I'm getting tired. Just how far is it to the uterus?"
"The uterus?" the second laughed. "We're not even past the oesophagus yet!"

How can you tell if a man has a high sperm count?
You have to chew before you swallow!

How do you know that God isn't a woman?
Because if God was a woman then sperm would taste like chocolate!

You know you are trying to get pregnant when:
You look at your vegetarian sandwich and the alfalfa sprouts look like sperm . . .
or . . . Someone asks you today's date and you reply "Day 21" . . .

Why do gypsies have trouble getting pregnant?
They have crystal balls.

Why do male basketball players have trouble getting their spouses pregnant?
All they do is dribble.

How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Screw in a lightbulb! Hmmm . . . do you think it might help? . . .

How many flies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Two but I dont know how they would get in there.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

OK, um totally selfish post coming up, but I have to ask bc its eating at me lately. I have the opportunity to fly to Glastonbury & receive the next 3 levels of reiki "attunements" at STONEHENGE in June (how cool would that be?). I have only taken 1 vacation in last 5 yrs bc of back surgeries (used all vacation, sick & leave w/o pay) & DH has been traveling at least 3x/yr every yr, so? I know its expensive, but adding up all his trips is about 5x the amount it would cost me to take a trip to Glastonbury & do something I TRULY love & would help me tremendously...? Am I wrong for doing/wanting this? If not, UK ladies - where does one fly into & how many planes, trains & automobiles will it take to get to Glastonbury (just if you know). I tried to google, but I'm not getting straight answers...

Thanks ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lils, I don't think you're being selfish at all. After everything that you have been through, you deserve a treat and a break away. Also, Stonehenge is the most amazing place, I have always wanted to go, but never been. I don't think you are allowed near the stones any longer, but you view them nearby, and it must be quite an experience.

https://www.stonehenge.co.uk/

The closest airport is Bristol, but I don't know if you'd get DIRECT flights from the US to Bristol airport. It's mainly a regional airport and serves holiday trips to Europe, I believe. My guess is that you'd need a flight to Heathrow (don't go for Gatwick as it is much further away, although still regarded as a 'London' airport), and then a rail or bus connection to Bristol, and then a bus to Glastonbury. I've found this for you:
https://www.glastonbury.co.uk/pages/site.php?pgid=324/index.htm

If you need to know anything else, let me know! Incidentally, Bath is LOVELY! It's fairly close to Glastonbury. I'd be inclined to include a couple of nights here too: Roman Baths, an amazing spa (the Thermae Spa-out of this world), Jane Austen Centre, and amazing shops and restaurants.

https://www.thermaebathspa.com/

https://www.romanbaths.co.uk/

https://www.janeausten.co.uk/

https://visitbath.co.uk/

And it's not far from Cardiff, so I could come and meet you too!

Good luck with the planning. Give us a shout if you need more info.

Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WOW, Dwrgi - thank you SO MUCH for this info!!! I'm going to start checking everything out at lunch & hopefully start booking a flight soon! Yeah, the Reiki Master had to get a special permit or something for the Stonehenge attunement (?). And the Bath/Spa place would be a HUGE bonus!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Oh wow - I know Cardiff from the TV Series "Torchwood" (gotta love Netflix). I'd love to meet you there!!!! Maybe by June we could rub bumps!!! :haha::shrug:

And as for the jokes, those are a RIOT! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't think I'll be having any breakfast this morning now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How can you tell if a man has a high sperm count?
You have to chew before you swallow!

eeewwwww!!!!! :sick::sick::sick: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!!!!

Thanks Dwrgi, you have made my WHOLE DAY now!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower:

Wow girls you've been busy writing down pages yesterday!! :thumbup:
And wow LilS if you are going to Stonehenge!! You should do that really, you havent had a proper vacation in years!!
Man how I'd love to come and have few Pina Coladas with you and Froliky by the sea :shipw: I loved Florida, and when we were in FtLauderdale (y.1996)we went shopping into this FAB shopping mall Sawgrass Mill? Swamp smth??!I need to do lottery tomorrow....:plane:

Dashka, good to hear you are doing better and got a little sleep :sleep:
Lady H- when will you :test:?:thumbup:
DrS- oh my, your vacation seems wonderful, enjoy!!!:flower:
Butterfly - GL with your bootycall :sex::spermy::crib:
Oh and welcome Septbride!! This is a wonderful thread!!

YA'LL have a FAB FRIDAY !!!! :)

AFM
No, AF is still no show!!!! :nope: dunno whatta hell is going on?! A cyct? My temps are still high. And i've been excersising yesterday also, had 2 Oooooo'zms :haha: (no man involved though, I think I do need some poking down there now cos nothings happening with just minor cramps from that) I do feel like shes close though. I quit progesterone saturday, almost a week ago. I've used them before but only 1x200mg now it was 2x200/day, before I got AF 2 days after the last pill. Some of you aske if I tested, well hell yeah!!! Every day, exept for today. I've gotten 3 faint lines into different test brands AFTER the time limit, yesterday nothing showed up even later so NOT pregnant. I hate this!!!!!!!! She prob comes tomorrow, I've been having that pain now for 2 days :devil:[/

Yes, Sawgrass Mills Mall! Its an enormous mall out west. I didn't know you've been here before, how nice!!! :thumbup: I live about 15 minutes from Ft Lauderdale - (the Spring Breakers are here now). C'mon lottery... :happydance: :haha:

Gosh, I can't believe AF hasn't arrived yet - hmmmm? I HATE evap/ghost lines - what torture!!! I'm hoping for a BFP, of course! But I guess "if" AF arrives "late", that would be a good thing bc maybe ov would be after Easter weekend now & you can still go for IUI? Oh, let us know as soon as something happens!!! FX, FX, FX!!!! :flower::flower::flower: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Have a WONDERFUL Friday everyone!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've been to Fort Lauderdale too - back in 1994 - I'd worked at a Girl Scout camp in Mississippi & was travelling along the east coast by train. We stayed in the Youth Hostel - we were only meant to be there for a couple of nights but we got stuck in Florida as the train line was shut further up because of a hurricane - what a hardship - a week full of sea & sunshine!! We had almost no money so we lived on Kraft mac n cheese - yum yum - my stomach has just rumbled!!

You should come to Glastonbury - Stonehenge is amazing, even if you can't get up close anymore & Glastonbury Tor is pretty amazing too.

Dwrgi - sending you & the Welsh 3 lots of prayers & positive vibes xx

Asry - hope something happens one way or another (obviously we'd rather it was one way than the other!) soon - waiting sucks!

Dr Squid - your time away sounds amazing! I'm v jealous

Septbride - welcome!

Hello everyone else xxxx

LilSluz, yes you definitely have to make that trip, it would be awesome I reckon and dwrgi has given you all the info so i don't think I can add to that. :thumbup:

Dwrgi, sending lots of positive thoughts still :flower::hugs::hugs:

DrS, wow that sounds like an awesome holiday! :happydance:

Asry, :hugs::hugs:

I've been to Fort Lauderdale too - back in 1994 - I'd worked at a Girl Scout camp in Mississippi & was travelling along the east coast by train. We stayed in the Youth Hostel - we were only meant to be there for a couple of nights but we got stuck in Florida as the train line was shut further up because of a hurricane - what a hardship - a week full of sea & sunshine!! We had almost no money so we lived on Kraft mac n cheese - yum yum - my stomach has just rumbled!!

You should come to Glastonbury - Stonehenge is amazing, even if you can't get up close anymore & Glastonbury Tor is pretty amazing too.

OMG - I LOVE your new Avatar! :rofl: I'm going to have to steal it & post on FB. :haha: You guys are cracking me up today! (& egging me on for the trip - going to go research some prices now - thanks!!!)

Gosh, that sounds like quite the trip! Must have been really tough on you staying all those extra days on the beach & living on mac-n-cheese :haha:. Yeah, even if hurricanes don't "get you" directly, they can wreak havoc on plans, travel, services in FL (but in your case, I think you dealt with it pretty well) :winkwink:

Yeah, I've always been in awe of Stonehenge & the Egyptian & Mayan pyramids, etc. With all our technology, no one still can seem to figure out how they did it all...? :wacko: Ok, getting :happydance: now...

Welcome, septbride! You are not alone!

Lilsluz, Stonehenge sounds like an awsome trip! I would totally go! Oh, and not only can they not figure out how they built the Mayan ruins and Egyptian pyramids, they can't figure out how to get a woman pregnant!

Asry, I hope no AF is a good sign too. I know how frustrating it can be though. I'm sure you just want to know one way or the other. Suspense during TTC sucks. Like the TWW isn't bad enough.

Dwrgi, those jokes are hilarious! LOL.

AFM, I'm on CD11 so I should ovulate soon. I had acup this morning. I always enjoy talking to her because we have the same views on diet and nutrition. She has a lot of books she lets me borrow. One was on soy which I was dumbfounded by the information. I found out that beer, soy and flax have estrogen and that is bad for men. No more tofu for DH. He's also agreed to quit beer. Then I read another book on GMO (genetically modified organisms) and was pretty upset that the US is one of the few countries that still won't label GMO foods. Anyway, off to make my super grapefruit smoothie to help with my CM.

Arsy - Any news?

Dwrgi - Thanks for the jokes! :)

Lil - Enjoy your researching!! Always nice to think about other things that we enjoy in life and make us happy! It sounds like a wonderful trip and after back surgeries and no vacations etc.!!! Say What? You definitely deserve a vacation! I think I should move to Europe or something, because I don't fit in with the whole work, work, work motto. Don't get me wrong, I like being productive, but I think a month vacation a year is necessary for health and well being. :) Happy planning to you!!

Hi to everyone else!! In-laws arrive tomorrow. :happydance: I may not be on this website much (we decided not to say anything so we don't have to inform them of the results in two weeks etc.) so have a great week! I have my us on Wednesday and we'll move forward with IUI#4 shortly there after!

Good morning ladies! Hope you are all well! Wow so much to catch up on ... I read through all your posts at work yesterday but by the time I finished I didn't have time to reply!... been so busy at work lately -not enough time for BnB!!:winkwink::wacko:

Frolicky - good luck with the in-laws this weekend! I understand your decision not to tell them.... whatever makes it easier for you guys you should do.. Good luck on your u/s next Wed !! Fingers crossed this is your month!:flower::hugs:

Lils - OMG -that trip to Stonehenge sounds amazing!!!!:winkwink: You should go if you can! You deserve it!Happy planning!!!

Missy - your seminar sounds so interesting - Wish I could have gone too and driven the 7 hours.... So hard leaving AD for a weekend (I did it in Jan/Feb with my SIL -we went cross-border shopping for the weekend -but so hard leaving her -even though she had a great time with DH)... I have to check out Julia I.'s website. Good luck with catching the eggy - you're almost ov!:hugs:

Dwrgi - I hope you are feeling better today... Thanks for the very funny jokes! :haha:And hope this next week goes faster than you think! I like Missy's comment about maybe TSC are checking you out to see how you handle stress.:hugs::winkwink::flower: You are right that you have made it this far :happydance:and HA is right you have done ALL you can at this point:thumbup:... You are going to be a GREAT mommy!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purple - how are you feeling? Hope the nausea isn't too bad. Hope you've got some nice 'me' time in for this weekend!:hugs:

Dr.S - wow sounds like an amazing trip!!! great way to spend the TWW... Sorry if you already mentioned.... but when do you test?

Lady H - how are you? What day are you? Have you tested??? Good luck hun!:hugs:

Asry - any luck with AF ??? I hope she's taking a long break for a very good reason too!:flower:

Butterfly - good luck with the 'booty-call' - so funny.... :happydance:

Ipen - hope you get a new computer/ipad soon so you can join us more often! Hope you are well!

Hello to Never, HA, Twinks, Carole, Heavenly, Nikki and welcome to Septbride!! And anyone else I missed (sorry)!

AFM - well I'm feeling a lot better.... still have the cough once in a while and phlem wants to get out - but it's not often anymore....just more annoying than anything. The meds are working. Only took the 'codeine' cough syrup one night as I felt too drowsy the next day. (No -you can't get Over the counter here-only prescription) Got 6 hrs sleep last night and the night before... so I'm catching up! Went for acupuncture on Thursday night ---ahhhhh so lovely... She did points for my lungs too not just fertility. That's what I love about it -you not only get treated for fertility but also whatever you may be feeling at the time (ie. cold, headache, sore joints - whatever it my be - there are points in the body for that!)

The weather has been so hot here in Toronto this past week - we had highs of 27, 28 and with humidex was like 30 C !! Yesterday it got a little cooler -around 15 or so and Monday and Tuesday going down to 6 or 7 C.... You see how crazy the weather can get here!! But we're actually going down to our normal temperatures for March.... I picked the worst week and a half to get sick - was the nicest outside it's been in 6 months and everyone had spring fever.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!:hugs::flower:

Dashka, I am so pleased that you are feeling better. That sounded like a really nice infection. You want a cough medicine with guanifesen (sp?) in it to loosen the phlegm (and, as it goes, get the old EWCM going!). So typical when you were ill when the weather was good. Hope now that you're on the home straight and back to your normal self very, very soon! Big :hugs: xxx

Manuiti-has AF arrived? I'm thinking of you and hoping that everything will go well (which I'm sure it will!). xxx

Missy-it's bizarre that the US won't label GMO foods! Anyway, good luck with the :sex::sex::sex: this weekend! Get plenty of :spermy::spermy::spermy: up there, poised for the egg! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Frolicky-good luck with the visitors, and hope that IUI 4 goes well. Good luck on Wednesday! Shall be thinking of you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Asry-any sign of You Know Who? I so hope you get some answer one way or another-limbo land is just the pits! Thinking of you, Axxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Purple, Butterfly, Lil, Ipen, Dr S, HA, Carole, Twinkle, Madeline, and anybody else that I've missed-big :kiss::kiss::kiss: and :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all!

I am now 10d post 3-day transfer, and not one symptom. Not a sore boob, no nausea, headaches (yeah-having those), but nothing else. I have a FEW twinges every now and again, and if I run up and down the stairs, boobs are slightly sore, but I am sure these are down to the oestrogen and butt plug progesterone. Just had this overwhelming feeling since Thursday really, that it's all over. Even feels silly talking to T, S and C. I know there's another week to go, but I honestly feel no different to how I did before I started the meds. Just preparing myself now, really. Oh well....

At least He and I are off to the theatre now, to see 'A View from the Bridge' which I teach to my GCSE group. Looking forward to that, but it's such a beautiful day, such a pity to be indoors!

Hope you're all having a great weekend, lots of love,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello everybody

:wave: everyone!!!

Our internet's awful at the moment and it's taken me 3 days just to catch up on all the posts thanks to it dying all the time. :growlmad: I have to say you guys have made me giggle a lot while reading everything though.

Dwrgi - sorry you've been having a tough time, and I hope today is a better day for you! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asry - I hope af is away for all the right reasons. I'm so curious to know, so I can't imagine how you're feeling!

Sbridge - welcome! Wonderful bunch of ladies on here, though I hope you have a short stay.

froliky - hope the visit by the inlaws goes ok.

lils - oooh, yes please add me to your list. and also, yes go to stonehenge! It's a bit of an awkward place to get to in terms of public transport as it's in the middle of the countryside and you'll definitely need to get a bus or drive yourself (it's a really straightforward drive and you simply can't miss the place unless you're blind! lol). Bath is a beautiful city and the Roman Baths (the spa) are fantastic, you'll love it.

afm - af arrived yesterday so I'm going to start stimming this evening. will be videoing it for dh as he desperately wants to be as involved in this as he can be even though he's away. I've got my first scan booked for the 28th, might try and video that for him too, and got my flights and apartment sorted too. I'm a nice short walk from the Dr's which is fab. I think I might start giving bnb a bit of a break now until this cycle is done as I've noticed that with all the info on here, I've got myself a bit wound up and worried about the whole thing, rather than a couple of weeks ago with the Dr all full of confidence, I was really happy and confident too. I keep seeing so many people saying they got over 10 eggs etc etc and all I can think about is that I know I'm not going to get any more than 6 and it's getting me down. I quite liked the blissful ignorance, so I think I'm going to go back to that happy place for a while, and just keep my journal up to date for now. :flower:

:hi: Back to you Manu!! That's so great of your DH to want to be so involved. Are you using Skype or just taping it? Thank goodness for all these equipments :thumbup: GL with stimming also!
I already picked up my Puregon injections yesterday, but I still haven't had her visit me :wacko: And if I dont start by monday then I cannot go to cd5 u/s and can't get injections started!!!!! :growlmad::gun::finger: and no IUI for this cycle then!!!
I did go to gym today and planning on getting OH do some dirty dancing with me :haha::sex: so maybe after that...
Test was negative again this morning (dpo19) but temps are high.

Dwirgi - howcome you still have to wait a week? Are you planning on testing sooner at home? :winkwink: This cycle I didn't get any symptoms either from progesterone, no bloating, no feelings in boobs. I guess it varies a bit cycle to cycle. Oh and thanks for the great jokes!!!!!! :haha::haha:

Dashka- wow about your weather!! Is that normal up there or has it been lately like that? Global warming? I thought you had as cold as we do :haha:
Good that you are starting to feel better!! Remember to drink a lot :coffee: (not coffee though..)

LilS- have you booked your trip yet?? :plane:

Froliky - good luck with inlaws, I hope you have a good time with them :hugs:
Let me know how your u/s goes :thumbup::hugs:

Missy - I know what you'll be doing this weekend... :haha: enjoy and catch that egg little :spermy:

Have a happy weekend you lovely ladies and :dust:
you are all very special :hugs:

I had three dreams I was pregnant. Last night I was holding a baby the whole dream. Had several people tell me they thought it worked and wham af this morning. I really don't think this is going to work for me. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.*

Hello Lovelies will post properly tomorrow but will be 14 DPO tomorrow so will test in the morning. AF was due today but nothing so far.

:wave: everyone!!!

Our internet's awful at the moment and it's taken me 3 days just to catch up on all the posts thanks to it dying all the time. :growlmad: I have to say you guys have made me giggle a lot while reading everything though.

afm - af arrived yesterday so I'm going to start stimming this evening. will be videoing it for dh as he desperately wants to be as involved in this as he can be even though he's away. I've got my first scan booked for the 28th, might try and video that for him too, and got my flights and apartment sorted too. I'm a nice short walk from the Dr's which is fab. I think I might start giving bnb a bit of a break now until this cycle is done as I've noticed that with all the info on here, I've got myself a bit wound up and worried about the whole thing, rather than a couple of weeks ago with the Dr all full of confidence, I was really happy and confident too. I keep seeing so many people saying they got over 10 eggs etc etc and all I can think about is that I know I'm not going to get any more than 6 and it's getting me down. I quite liked the blissful ignorance, so I think I'm going to go back to that happy place for a while, and just keep my journal up to date for now. :flower:

Manuiti YAY to starting stimms, this is a fantastic step forward for you and one that takes you the closest to get your sticky BFP. I understand if you need to take a step back from this thread for a while but just be aware that you may also need it at times. IVF is such a rollacoster and pls do not look at how others respond and feel the pressure to be like that, as we know our bodies are anything but predictable whilst some get 20 eggs at EC they may only have 6 fertilize whilst others collect 8 and have 6 fertlize. Then you have other ladies who have 4 eggs with 2 fertilze and still get a BFP.

I am a strong believer that keeping positive can only help, try to visualise each step of the process with the start of those follies growing, then the Drs collecting lovely mature eggs and then fertilization and dividing/developing embies. You will be amazed at how strong you really are and just how you do cope with the whole process. I love this thread and found it such a help but to be honest I stayed away from any of the other threads even IVF ones as they did freak me out at times:haha:

I will be stalking you through this part of your TTC journey and will send you positivity and love each day.

Take care and praying that this is your time :hugs:

Hey Lady H big hugs to you today, it totally sucks when you get a BFN. Do something that makes you smile today and spoil yourself and then just try to think that next cycle will be your BFP. I know that is easier said than done, I saw far too many BFN before I ever saw a BFP but it did happen in the end so never give up hope.

Hey Dwrgi saw your post about feeling like it is over, I wanted to share with you my experience with my first IVF that resulted in a BFP. I was absolutely convinced that it had not worked and remember going out to dinner that evening with my best friend and hubby and chatting to her in the toilet that I am convinced I am not pregnant and didn't know how to tell DH as didn't want to crush him. Low and behold I got up for the loo at about 2am and thought I might as well get this over with and test and there is was a beautiful BFP. I had not one symptom at all and to be honest this time again I really did not have any until slightly sore boobs starting at 7-8 weeks.

Please please please do not give up hope with this cycle you may just get the loveliest surprise of your life, keep believing honey you are nearly there :hugs:

Thank you Carole. Your words mean a lot! I never thought the TWW would be so hard. DH got me to read the Lynn Grabhorn book yesterday on thinking positively, and I do feel better. As Emma Cannon says, Expect a miracle! Everything went really well, so why shouldn't those embies be snuggling in?!

How are you? Not long to go now and you must be exhausted! Have you packed your hospital bag yet, in case of an impatient Zara?! I hope you're okay? I'm sending you HUGE hugs! Have a great day hun and lots of love to you! Xxx

Good morning ladies!

Dwrgi - I'm glad you are feeling better.... Carole's post says it all.... Also Purple said she didn't have any symptoms either.... so it may be a good sign. Do you normally have symptoms at 10 DPO on a regular cycle? I am praying for you that this is it!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower: Absolutely - EXPECT A MIRACLE! Thanks re: cough syrup - I was taking one for a while and tons of phlem was coming out... now I've stopped it as I noticed it was making me cough more but nothing much coming up. (TMI).... Now it's just a pesky once in a while tickle cough.

Dr. S - I'm so sorry that AF arrived...:hugs: it must be really hard after a great vacation...Hang in there! Are you home now?

Lady H - I'm sorry for the BFN.... but it's not over til the witch arrives... even if you are 14DPO... I hope she stays away :hugs::hugs::flower:

Manu - exciting that you are starting your stims now... I understand that it can get all overwhelming sometimes on here - but Carole is right -you may need the support along the way - so we are here for you! I agree this thread is the BEST!!! Good luck.... breathe in..... breathe out.....:hugs::winkwink:

Asry - wow I can't believe AF hasn't arrived.... Yes do the :sex: for sure!! I hope it comes and you can get a move on with everything this month. :winkwink:
Re: our weather - Yes I live in Toronto - but it's not normally like this in March - we broke a lot of our records for weather this month. Today is cooler - I think 17 C - but Mon/Tues going to 4 or 5 C or something. That is typical weather for this time of year. The trees are all budding and tulips coming up early... hopefully there isn't a big frost now.

Carole - you are getting so close!!! so exciting... and so happy for you:hugs:

Hello to Missy, Lils, Purple, Never, Nikki, Butterfly, Ipen, HA, Carole, Twinks, Madeline and anyone I missed!!!:hugs:

AFM - Today is CD8 and I'm going to probably ov. in about 4 days (usually do on Day 12) but because of all the sickness and meds...I'm not sure what will happen this month.... hopefully it won't affect it too much... but if ov. comes later it will be a good thing.

Have a great day ladies!!!:hug::friends::friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->