TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

soo uncomfortable and bloaty. did an us today and the big follicles are gone, thjere are a few small ones on each side. ovaries are upper normal size but no free fluid etc. doubt i have ohss but damn, i feel crap

DrS- I hope it's worth it! It will be some day!!!

I am reading Unsung Lullabies and crying off and on. My DH seemed annoyed when I told him our KD called to discuss the cover of Elle magazine. My DH is so amazing to let me do this.

Happy birthday and 11weeks,
Happy birthday and 11 weeks,
Happy birthday and 11 weeks Purple....
Happy birthday and 11 weeks toooooo yoooooo!

Purple - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND 11 WEEKS!!!! What a wonderful surprise for your family.... and I love Lils suggestion - I'm pregnant pass the turnips!!
Have a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY!!:flower:

Hi ladies,

A lot to catch up on in 24 hrs.... I thought for sure I'd remember everything without writing it down...but SIGH.... I now have forgotten who said what!

Thanks for all the getting well wishes - I have been taking a lot of natural remedies including oil of oregano (similar properties to grapefruit seed extract) and that usually does the trick... and still taking homeopathic cough syrup and think things are starting to work - the mucous is starting to come out more (GROSS!) and I got 5.5 hrs straight sleep last night - whoo hoo!! I am still taking the inhaler prescribed by the doctor (Symbicort) but one of the side effects is throat irritation!!! Go figure! And also that it makes you very jittery. (I'm taking half the dose now) Yes thanks Manu - that is Bee Propolis - I am a very big fan of bee products as I used to take Bee Pollen years ago and got rid of seasonal allergies that way. I am planning on getting one more remedy that my ND prescribed (but she didn't have in stock) hopefully today that is supposed to be very good for coughs.

I think I'm about 8DPO today - but really not feeling any symptoms at all -no sore bbs or anything yet - and usually by this point I am feeling some PMS symptoms... don't know if that is a good/bad thing. Probably this stupid cough is screwing things up....
Not planning on testing until Day 12/13 if AF doesn't show - but don't have high hopes for this month (even though our BD timing was great) My last cycle was only 24 days so we'll see this month.

But enough about me!! and sorry for this selfish post!

Manu - that is GREAT news!!!! I am praying that those 3 embryos keep growing for your transfer!!!:hugs::happydance:

Frolicky, Dr-S, Asry - I have my fingers crossed for you ladies!!!:hugs:

Dwrgi - you go have fun girl and don't feel bad about it!!:thumbup: You deserve to 'let go' when you feel like it...

Lils - glad you have a bit of time away from visitors - Yes being in Florida you must get tons of visitors!:dohh:

Missy, Twinks, Never, Butterfly, Nikki, HA and anyone else I missed - BIG HUGS!!

have a great Easter :kiss::kiss::kiss:!!:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::toothpick::toothpick::toothpick::toothpick::toothpick::toothpick::toothpick: May the Easter bunny be good to you!

oh sorry I forgot I was going to comment about the Immune thing.... My sister had the elevated NK cells thing and she did get the "iv" treatment to lower the immune system (it is kind of scary though as you are lowering your immune system to anything and everything including diseases).... Even though my sister never had m/c's -it is possible to m/c before you even know you're pregnant (body rejecting it right away).

My sister had IVM done (which is similar to IVF but I think (and don't quote me) it's done at a later stage of follicle/egg - She went numerous times to Czec Republic (cheaper than doing it here) for the first pregnancy and numerous times for her second son... I would say altogether she must have gone at least 8-10 trips.... Which you can imagine would cost A LOT!! It was becoming her 2nd home! She was on numerous other meds for that and the MTHFR... and plus the drugs for IVM cycles themselves.... She now has 2 beautiful boys and is 44 now (had her 1st when she was 41 and 2nd in October last year after her 44th b-day)... I look at all she has been through and I know I could never do it all... it's just not for me. Because of my nutritionist background - I have to keep asking myself -what is causing the problem instead of how to fix it. If I do have this immune problem -what is causing it? What is the root of the problem? One of the things I've been trying to do the last few months is eat a gluten-free diet as much as possible....as that can trigger immune problems sometimes. Something that has been in the back of my mind too with this cough etc I've had is - if I keep taking things to boost my immune system is that a bad thing if I do indeed have the immune issues - which I don't even know I have or not. Anyway I think it is more important right now to get better. My ND did tell me before that I should NOT take extra stuff (when I was well) to boost immune system just in case.

She went through the Dr. Alan Beer's centre in US for the testing (sent all tests in via courier or whatever) and had phone consults etc... altogether for the immune testing and consults it was $3000 or so.... I think we can do the MTHFR testing here -but it's just the 2nd list of tests Dwrgi (or someone mentioned) that we have to send to US for.

Anyway - don't know if this helps anyone - but thought I would post...
xoxo

Good Morning to Everyone!!

Lil - Enjoy Sunday with the family and your reprieve till then.

I had a dream last night I got a positive pregnancy test at 9dpo so silly me tested with CBD and BFN. Dugh. Oh, the dream was so wonderful. Too bad I had to wake up.

soo uncomfortable and bloaty. did an us today and the big follicles are gone, thjere are a few small ones on each side. ovaries are upper normal size but no free fluid etc. doubt i have ohss but damn, i feel crap

Lots of fluids is the way to go Dr S, ironically, as you don't feel like drinking anything that will fill you upm even more. But lots of water should do the trick! GL! xx

Dasha-I thought yout post was very interesting, and I am encouraged by your sister's success story. My gosh, that would have cost a fortune. This is what I can't help but think-we may be gettig pregnant, and mcing before we know anything about it. I am also curious about the test which looks at your cells' compatibility to your partner's. I know that I conceived ten years ago without any trouble at all, and on the first month without BCP. But my eggs were younger then too. IDK, I think it's about leaving no stone unturned.

How are you feeling now? Glad you had some good quality sleep last night. YOu sound as if you need it!

BTW, I love your new pic-your Westie looks gorgoeus. My mother bred them when we were growing up; lovely dogs!!

I'm getting loads of headaches at the moment, and I'm convinced it's the after effects of the treatment. So, I'm trying to drink loads of water but I'm also sooooo tired. Poor OH wanted to go for a few drinks to Cardiff later, get the train, have fun. But, I just don't feel like it-I'm becoming such a boring cow, but I just want my sofa, the fire, a schmaltzy DVD and LOADS OF chocolate!!!! However, I shall drive to Cardiff, do a bit of mooching and then have a meal and come back. I think it's called a compromise!

Frolicks-those dreams STINK. They are just so unfair as you BELIEVE they are true. Grrr. Let's hope your BFP isn't far away!!! Keep the PMA going!!!

Purple-hope you're having a fantastic day! Thinking of you and good luck with the announcement about the turnips!! :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

Happy Easter to you all, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Dwrgi! I hope the diversion helps and that the compromise ends up being a good idea. :hugs:

Dashka - You are right with the rest of us in this TWW. :hugs: Sending get well vibes~~

I booked a massage today. I totally give myself the freedom to nurture and help me relax anytime I need during this journey. I am definitely not wonder woman.

froliky- massage.. that sounds wonderful. im on day 2 of an 8 day straight work week. gonna be a total of 79 hrs.. did 10.5 yesterday.. sat and sun are always brutal. plus i have to go to a seder tonight instead of going right home to bed

DrS - Sorry about your work week! I think I would collapse. I guess we do what we have to do to keep the bread and butter on the table and pay for our dreams to become parents. Such a darn expensive thing for some of us. I believe we have spent $12,000+ already and we just started in November. :( Take care. I will be thinking of you. :hugs:

yeah ive probably paid about 10,000 which really pisses me off cause i might have saved most of that with a freakign 150 test the first month.. luckily my job pays very well so the pain of this many hours is washed away by the paycheck =)

Good Morning to Everyone!!

Lil - Enjoy Sunday with the family and your reprieve till then.

I had a dream last night I got a positive pregnancy test at 9dpo so silly me tested with CBD and BFN. Dugh. Oh, the dream was so wonderful. Too bad I had to wake up.

Thanks so much Fro, I will - glad to have you back "FT"!

Weird - the one time I had a dream like that I had never had a +OPK, it was CD28 & I had a dream of a smiley face. I thought CD28 was completely ridiculous to ov on but I POAS anyways & wham-bam-thank-you ma'm, I got that wonderful :). I ended up w/43 day cycle. Its not +HPT, but its like Christmas morning for me when I get that smiley! (espec w/weird/long cycles)

So, you just never know? Perhaps it's showing you "your future" & could be in a few days or just a few mos.? :thumbup: Don't be nervous (easier said...) you have done everything you can & have done it correctly & all you can do is be healthy & calm right now & let nature take it's course - get some sun on your face (gorgeous day) & get some nice R&R, darlin'... :hugs::flower: Sending you :dust::dust::dust:

Oh yeah, Frolicky, be careful about getting massage in 2WW bc massages release toxins in your body. My Thai massage therapist agreed & said only in 3rd Tri. Also another BNB post talked about it & a therapist on there said no bc certain points can cause mc?

Anyone else know about this or want to put in their 2 cents? I've just been avoiding them 2 weeks out of every month (one of my splurges when AF comes) but I only have therapist recommendations vs scientific studies...

Hey Liz I regularly had foot massage from a great lady at my salon and once she knew I was pregnant she refused to give me any. She said that the pressure points can cause MC in early pregnancy or pre term labour later. She told me she will start again in 2 weeks when I am 37 weeks.

Wow!! Holy smokes thanks for telling me that! Yikes! I already got the massage so hopefully I did not do anything stupid! Ugh, I would feel awful!!

froliky- i woulndt get worried https://www.webmd.com/baby/pregnancy-and-massage

OK, so I think DrS's article refers more to specific massage geared toward "pregnancy massage" so maybe the safest thing to do is just make sure they are a certified prenatal massage therapist. This article supports that, too (but specifically states make sure they're certified):

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/prenatalmassage.html

Carole, my massage therapist wouldn't do me either when she found out I was preg last year & gave me the boot. I think it's better to be safe than sorry - if they turned away business/$$$, I'm sure its for a very good reason... (thanks)

Thanks for the input everyone - it's a good topic of discussion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->