TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

heh, i actualy do eat really well. today i had mango and grapes for breakfast, veggie soup and jicama sticks for lunch. snacked on more fruit. have salads for dinner most night (generally with chicken). drink tons of water etc. but i also like sweets. work has free pastries everyday which i usually eat a bit of (you can cut off small pieces rather than taking a whole one) but it is passover so ive not had any. but honestly i really dont think it matters. i see morbidly obese patients everyday with horrible diets, drug habits, alcohol abuse etc who get pregnant. if a bit of sugar and alcohol could prevent pregnancy we woulndt need condoms. now does it make sense to be as healthy as possible while trying to conceive... sure ill go along with that. i think there is something to be said for decreasing stress and we each have things that decrease that stress for us be it accupuncture, massage, exercise, a glass of wine here or there, a fancy meal, sweets, a hike etc. a lot of this getting pregnant thing comes down to luck but we tend to throw a huge helping of superstition on top, it is human nature.

DrS - Being healthy has nothing to do with superstition and those people that have got pregnant on drugs etc. are usually in their teens or early 20s. I was a Guardian Ad Litem and worked with the kids. p.s. How was residency? How many hours a week did you have to put in? Just curious.

eh, saw a 38 yr old yesterday who kept screaming about her methadone who was 19 wks (and didnt know).

i wasnt trying to say that eating healthy=superstition. i just mean there are lots of things that people do to try to get pregnant and the month it works, they decide that it was some factor they just added (or removed) rather than a coincidence. that is the idea behind evidence based medicine (ie something has to be reproducible and have a statistically significant difference). i think we all get caught up in a somewhat ocd like cycle of things we think we have to do or not do because it worked or didnt work last time (or for someone else etc). we scoff at baseball players who need their lucky socks, or the hockey players and their playoff beards. we feel like we need to change SOMETHING , anything from a failed cycle even though statistics support failure more than they do success.

btw, im really sorry if ive offended anyone i dont mean to, and trust me i have my own crazy stuff i do or dont do each cycle (and vary each cycle etc).

residency... well i had to do 1 yr of medicine and then 4 of radiology. on floor months we took call every 3rd night so wed work from like 7.30 am until around 1-2 pm the next day. regular days were like 7.30 to 5 or so. radiology was 7-5 except when we took call then we left at 8 am the next day but you never got to sleep. so about a 50 or so at lesat work week

Yeah, I guess I understand. I think Teebow (is that how you spell his name? Football player that prays etc. and thinks his winning streaks are because of his belief in god..(if there is one)...I think god has more vital issues to deal with than who is winning the football game!) I wanted to clarify and understand where you were coming from.

Regarding residency - you hear all the horror stories about the hours but 50 hours is not as bad as I thought/heard. My ex-boyfriend is finishing pediatric residency and I can't stand that man. I swear he has an ego the size of Jupiter. I wish I did not think this and hope it goes away soon but sometimes I hope he gets a major med mal lawsuit to bring him back down to earth and give him some humility/humbleness. I know that is horrible and I should take that back. ;)

well i was also radiology and they have changed the rules now to not allow anymore than a 60 hr work week. surg residents routinely worked 100 or more hours before the rule (and likely often still do). you also gotta realize we dont get lunch breaks . we had noon conference everyday during lunch time (not that we always got to go). it also varied by how much we took call, and there really wasnt down time during the day so you are working all of those hours then going home and studying

My beta was 399 but I am still bleeding. I went to office depot and thought for sure I was getting my period. I am nervous. My last beta went up 3.5x and now it went up 3x. I am hoping that it's not slowing down.

How did I miss this post??? :dohh: - Awesome Fro! :happydance::happydance::happydance: You only need to double & you tripled!!! I'm sure the bleeding had you worried, but now you know its OK & your #'s look great!

Thanks Lil! Trying not to worry but it's always in the back of your mind; I believe as you enter parenthood (not that I would call this "parenthood" yet, but you know what I mean).

DrS - Wow! My ex is raising 3 kids and supporting his sahw all while in residency. Holy smokes.

people i was in residency with had their family on food stamps. we made about 35,000 a year.. oh and yeah i agree on the tebow thing =)

OMG DrS I worked a 115 hour week once & it was Mon-Sun & I think I got only 3-4 hrs sleep each night? I have major respect for that & the health field altogether. You guys can go thru some serious sh** & have no life (but you have the big paychecks - its a trade off! :winkwink:)

Just try to make sure it doesn't stress you out too much. But, it sounds like you are getting good sleep & eating well, so that's really good to hear :thumbup: & you're getting a nice long break coming up - you have to be really :happydance: about that!

Dashka - hope you get better soon. I don't mind selfish posts either! And don't worry about you AD, that's nothing to do with you. Toddlers are very much like our dogs, in the sense that they test boundaries all the time, it's just what they do. If you ask me, you're doing great!

Purple - hope your dad's scan goes ok, FXd for good news.

Dwrgi - I don't think the test tells you anything about your egg quality, only quantity. So for me, as is clear, there aren't an awful lot there, but it's not to say that they're aren't some pretty awesome ones in there waiting to be found... for a 37 year old! :haha: I have to say, I like your clinic's policy. From what I've read it really is all about quality and very little to do about quantity... though I do go green reading about people who are lucky enough to get both. Oh and I'm pretty cheery most of the time, but I have my swings. I went for dinner at my parent's tonight and burst out crying at the table because they made some very light hearted joke about me... which I of course couldn't help but take far too personally, even though my logical self was right there saying, it's the hormones woman, it's the hormones!!!! :dohh: My parents were very sweet and understanding though. :flower:

(I thought Tea meant 4:00pm where you had actual tea? It means dinner too?) I think you guys confuse us on purpose!!! :rofl: You do, don't you? A little "let's mess w/the Americans"... yup :haha: (it worked!:haha:)

Oh yes, tea can be the drink, high tea or dinner. But not everyone calls dinner tea. Some people call it dinner, and others call it supper. Some people call lunch dinner. Basically us Brits have no idea what anyone's talking about half the time! :haha:

Froliky - Good news about the Beta results, they just need to go up and they are. FXd for the next one. Have you told your RE/ clinic about the bleed? And about all the details that you don't want to go into... I'm sending you these instead... :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Man -I did tell them about the bleeding (they don't seem concerned). I have told my doctor some stuff but have done a lot to know I have a support system if needed. As time goes on I am healthier and farther from those issues. Thank freaking goodness!!!!

:hugs: Those breakdowns are funny sometimes in hindsight. :hug:

Dashka - I have been in remission for close to 7 years thanks to a wonder drug called Remicade. Before Remicade I could not get off of prednisone and ended up with a perforated colon out of the deal. Yay. A bowel resection on my birthday!!

Yes the vitamins one is pink and the other is blue. I think you can get them with less than 5mg of folic acid as well. The ones with 5mg of folic acid are called preg Vit Folic 5

As fat a COH goes, I think some doctors call using any type of ovulation inducing medication COH. My first cycle never had a name it was 100mg of Clomid. 2nd cycle he referred to as a combined cycle which was Clomid followed by injectible fsh injections. The COH cycle was no clomid, a higher dose or fsh as well as fsh/lh. COH cycles are more aggressive. My COH IUI cycles start the same as an IVF cycle would.

Hello Ladies, I popped back to post from a selfish perspective, as I am at my wits end now...

No idea what is going on with my cycle. On cd18 today and still just highs on CBFM. No sign of a second line when I look at the sticks. Yesterday I had some spotting and today it seems a lot more. Does not feel like a proper AF but I guess if it is it would be light as its on 18 days since my last. Shall I press m on the CBFM? Seems too heavy to be ovulation spotting which I have never had. Idk. any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Love to you all, good luck to next weeks testers and fx for you Frolicky that you have a superglue bean xx

Hello Ladies, I popped back to post from a selfish perspective, as I am at my wits end now...

No idea what is going on with my cycle. On cd18 today and still just highs on CBFM. No sign of a second line when I look at the sticks. Yesterday I had some spotting and today it seems a lot more. Does not feel like a proper AF but I guess if it is it would be light as its on 18 days since my last. Shall I press m on the CBFM? Seems too heavy to be ovulation spotting which I have never had. Idk. any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Love to you all, good luck to next weeks testers and fx for you Frolicky that you have a superglue bean xx

I probably wouldn't press the m. If its still saying "high" then why would AF be coming around - do those things measure your pee? I tried to look at your chart for temps but they weren't there? It did show WCM tho. I really would wait bc I'm really not sure if you can go back after pushing the m & CD18 seems super-duper early?

Anyone else? I think Purple used one before...

GL honey!:thumbup:

Um HOLY SH**, I "think" this is a line??? Anybody? Help! :happydance:?

LIL - AHHHHHHHHH - I THINK YOU ARE PREGGERS GIRL!!! I SEE A LINE TOO!!!!! OMG OMG OMG !!!!! I AM JUMPING FOR YOU!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
Get a Digi-test ASAP to confirm girl!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->