TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey Ladies

Just a quick drop by as I am on my phone and I am rubbish at posting from this.

Sorry for those of you who the nasty witch got but hoping that some of the good luck in this thread rubs off on you all in the cycle to come x x

Congrats purple on reaching 12 weeks it was a massive milestone for me that let me relax a little more. The only advice I would give is stay on this thread and avoid the first and second tri sections as some of the posts scared the hell out of me.

Frolicky re the bleeding, it is not always a bad thing as there is evidence to show that over 30% of ladies who had bleeding in first tri go on to have a perfect pregnancy. I know from experience it is not as easy to believe that when it is happening to you but I am praying you are one of those 30%. Also saw that you have a scan this week, that should make you feel so much better once you see your little bean on the screen. Hang in there honey and keep believing this is your time x x

I may not be able to post as much this week as we are on the countdown to F1 here in Bahrain with only 6 days to go so will be rushed off my feet and also interviewing people to cover me during mat leave but I will be stalking from my phone. Hoping to see more BFP's real soon x x x

Carole-you are a godsend! Please don't ever leave us! :flower::flower:

Bearlake-are you stalking and not joining in????

Purple-huge congrats on your 12 week milestone! This is amazing, and I just knew you would! You have been so calm and so measured about it all, am so chuffed for you! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dashka and Lady H-damn that witch, why can't she stay away? Makes me so pi&&ed off! Hope you're taking good care of yourselves-Cadburys mini eggs are the way to go, and thank you, Butterfly, for reminding us of their existence each and every day!!!! Are you on commission, my sweet??!! :haha::haha:

Man-I like the PMA! Yes, amh is quantity and not quality and WE MUST REMEMBER THAT rather than berating ourselves for low numbers. GL with you, and sorry you're feeling so hormonal. The TWW is a ba^tard. Thinking of you, Axxxxx

Asry-how is you hun? Hope you're having a lovely weekend? :kiss:

Frolicky-hope the bleeding scare has gone. It's my understanding that bleeding on its own is fine, as it's the embryo still implanting, which can take weeks. It's the bleeding and cramps that are the killer mix. I am sure that you are okay! :hugs::hugs:

And, last but not least,
Lil- OMG OMG OMG OMG-O M Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I am so pleased for you! That defo looks like a line to me, and that means you are preggers!!!

Huge CONGRATULATIONS, AND CELEBRATIONS!!!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::awww::awww::awww::awww::awww: Yay! Well done you! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Love to everybody not mentioned in despatches! Hope you're all having a great weekend, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Um HOLY SH**, I "think" this is a line??? Anybody? Help! :happydance:?

Oh yes, definitely a line!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Wonderful news Lil!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Dashka - I've got the VIP membership and I always wonder why I bother. You'll be fine without it. And yeah, get a new thermometer!!! lol

LadyH - sorry the :witch: seems to have arrived. :hugs: Hopefully this cycle will be back on track.

afm - 6dp3dt and if it wasn't for the ultrasound photo they gave me when they did the transfer I could easily think that I imagined the whole thing.

For those with an interest in IVF failure:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/205701/Failed-IVF-At-last-theres-hope.html

Forgive the fact that it's The Sun and written in 2007.

xx

You cought me Drwgi! (shamefaced...)
I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about posting in this (or any) thread, partly I quess because this tcc malarkey is so tough at times. After my failed IVF last September I just wanted to forget about the whole thing.
I found myself gravitating towards this thread during my current round of IVF. You women are just fantastically supportive of each other and i've learned loads about stuff from you (never heard of MTFKR before !)
Anyhoo, I hope I haven't offended anyone by my freaky stalking. I'm one of those weirdo's who doesn't always feel they have much to contribute.

Very excited about all the PREGNANT ladies in here!!!!

Lots and lots of babydust for you all xxxxx

Carole - I have talked to a few people who had spotting like mine (I was not fully bleeding, more spotting) so I am feeling fine and it stopped so that is even better. The ladies at the clinic said spotting is more common with IUI/IVF patients too? In any case, it has stopped and I hope it does not come back!

Bear - I was not offended. I get annoyed with people who have 0 posts and stalk, but I suppose some people are uncomfortable. We all stalk here and there. :) I just need to be more careful about posting private stuff incase someone I know is stalking. I know a handful of people who I know I am ttc and don't want my personal story known to everyone. Sorry about your journey and September. :hugs: :hugs:

The Sh!t People Say: Someone said to me that they are just going to ttc and if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, well that's probably the universes way of protecting her. ..... My thoughts: WTF? Are you freaking kidding me? The sh!t people say.

I am feeling calm. I went to the library and checked out 3 books on pregnancy. :happydance: I am hoping I started the :bfp: trend...let's keep em coming ladies!!! :baby: :baby:

Welcome Bearlake to the best thread on BnB!

Hey Dwrgi - that's cool - how did you know there were stalkers? Do you get a list or something? Do tell!

Manu - thanks for the FF comment - I joined up and now have to learn how to use it...
I also went to get a new thermometer today that has 2 decimal places... AND IT DOESN'T BEEP ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!! YAY!! I'm excited to start using it.... I can't believe it - I thought all basal thermometers were like mine so stopped doing it years ago.. (thanks to the other ladies for your input again)

Carole - thanks for your note... I do hope that Frolicky and Lils have started a trend! I hope the next month goes smoothly for you!! She's almost here!!:hugs:

Hope everyone is having a great day... I'm sipping my tea while having more Mini-eggs with almonds.... OK I know what I said about sugar... but it's Day 1 of AF - so no judging!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

XOXO

my new avatar is a Beluga whale from MarineLand, Niagara Falls years ago.... Took the photo myself!!! hee hee... Was feeling a little spooked by the 'stalking' thing... had to take my furbaby off... xoxo

Asry, Dwrgi & Manuiti - Thank you!!! I am hoping (FX) to confirm tomorrow with another Wondfo & a digi. Sorry I'm not myself today - I don't know quite what to feel (its been so damn long)? I think the initial excitement has turned into fear (like what if tomorrow I get nothing? what if it gives me a "not preg", what if...?). I'm just going to try to play it :cool: the rest of the day I think (best I can anyway!) :winkwink: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO AWESOME THANK YOU!!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Frolicky -it's really amazing how good chocolate can make you feel...... :muaha::bike::awww::rofl::rofl::yipee::yipee::serenade::friends::headspin::headspin::headspin::smug::icecream::icecream::coolio::coolio::juggle::juggle::fool::fool::tease::tease::saywhat::loopy::loopy::loopy::toothpick::flasher::flasher::bunny::bunny:

Omg Lil that's brilliant news!!!!!!!
Huge congratulations xxxx
I am so happy for you xxx
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

:lolly::loopy:Frolicky - I agree - dark chocolate covered almonds are to DIE FOR!

Bearlake - Its OK to "lurk" for a little while before joining in if you are just checking out the feel of the thread. You're funny tho you came out & admitted it! :haha: Na, there's a lot of reasons people might read a little bit & not post at first & I do have to tell you that I have seen on a diff thread where new people would try to introduce themselves & everybody would ignore them - eek. :nope: But when I read this one I started to see how the ladies were all very nice & supportive & how they treated a newbie & I found out really quickly what an wonderful, AWESOME bunch of ladies we have here! (& that this would be "my home"). They have saved my sanity (well, almost! :haha: ) Where are you w/IVF?

Dashka - so excited you are going to be on FF!!!!!! It does REALLY teach yo a LOT. Just start off temping & if any tests or CM record it. Then you can go on to recording symptoms/feelings/energy level for each day & etc (& that may also correspond w/your Chinese Medicine book about low temps = estrogen = acne, or whatever). LOVE the buluga whale - how cute! (Oh yeah, you can see the user names of all who are on the thread at the bottom of the screen)

Man - I usually get very sore/full boobs in an ov cycle but not a sore one in sight on this one. Don't worry - most early DPO "symptoms" are due to progesterone which is there whether you get :af: or preg. Its still super-early for you honey! Implantation isn't until 6 - 12 DPO, so you are just starting that stage! FX :dust:

Asry - I meant to tell you I love the "babyLils" awww, thank you! You are a sweetie :friends:

Dwrgi - meant to tell you I love that beautiful artwork, chickie! :haha: (Also, I sent you a PM bc I had a Q about UK trip & didn't want to post on a TTC thread) :hugs:

Fro & dashka - are you guys both hopped up on chocolate?! Didn't you both just get done telling everybody to cut out the sugar!? :rofl: funny!!!

LOVE you guys! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks Lils - I haven't done the FF 'course' yet... WTF - a 20 min course on how to use it??? ok that is scary... I probably know a lot of the info already...I'm assuming it's for those who have never temped ever... But I'll do it anyway.. :)

Oh yeah - just trying to be funny with the chocolate thing!! Remember I'm on my first day of AF - so no judging!! (I only spoke up about Dr S because it sounded like she was having straight sugar from the sugar bowl.... Chocolate along with almonds is ok in my books (in moderation of course!) xoxox

LilS- you are so right about the horror of being ignored after your first post. That would put me off forever!
I'm on the dreaded two week wait. The IVF this time has been a bit up and down so I feel less hopeful than I did last time. Of course I pray that this would be our time, but after two years and soon two IVF 's, I sometimes struggle with PMA.
I love the 'atmosphere' of this thread and it gives me hope to see all these BFP's !
Xx

i have a solid block in the car now that used to be choco covered almonds (with turbinado sugar and sea salt from trader joes) i bought for a party and melted.. havent figured out how to get it out yet... so i just stare at it.

dashka- heh no worries. glad you got to enjoy some mini eggs. yum

lil- yay yay yay

afm- went to bed at 10 last night planning to go to the gym for an 8am class.. so didnt happen, .woke up and said. no way.. slept til noon. got up for about 2 hrs (had my fav salad too, miso salmon, it has noodles so i wasnt eating it during passover). then fell asleep again. between work and progesterone.. went to dinner with a friend i havent seen in a while.. love vietnamese food, and love that she enjoys the weird stuff too (goat hot pot, curry frog etc). back home and ready for bed again. have a weird hunch it didnt work again (0only cd 9 though). im ok with it cause i know my odds are so much better next month because ill use decent sperm. just dont wanna deal with telling the clinic i want free rounds.

hope everyone is having a great weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->