TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi! :hi: I've been lurking around a bit and thought I should introduce myself. I'm 38, and am going to start TTC for #1 in June/July. At the moment I'm getting off some medication, sorting out my nutrition and basically getting ready to be pregnant. I've mostly been posting in WTT but am looking forward to getting to know you ladies. :)

Welcome, Kismet! And congratulations on your pending auntie-hood! I absolutely love being an auntie - I have two nieces (10 and 2) and two nephews (both 5 - cousins, though, not twins), and I work hard to spoil them rotten. :cloud9: It's the best - all the love, all the fun, none of the disciplining. :winkwink: If DH and I end this journey with no kids of our own, we will love pouring our energy into those kiddos. :kiss:

I'm glad you popped up to introduce yourself. Please don't feel you need to wait until you're officially ttc to post regularly - I think you're close enough. :thumbup: I hope your ttc journey is a short one!

it was nice out today... block melted yay =)

did the gym this am which was good. i am feeling a bit crampy but it is only day 10 (generally have a 14-15 day lp). hoping it is a good thing not a bad thing (but last time cramps started early i had em all along til i got my period..).

autie- glad you are doing ok

watched the flyers penguins game today. fabulous.

Welcome Kismet! I am an aunt but my neices and nephews llive pretty far away so I don't get to see them very much but I send them gifts and even set up a bank account for them (right now they only each have $50 :) ). Congratulations on preparing to TTC. I hope your stay is short too!

DrS - If the block melts, then what? I hope the cramps go away.

HA - Glad to see you're back too and had a nice time with your mom. April is 1/2 way done. How are the meds treating you? :hugs: :hugs:

I have no social life. It's bad. I need to get out more, but our home is our utopia and I love it. Moreover, there is nobody I like to be with more than my DH. Pretty sad though that I talk to you ladies more than any of my gf on the phone anymore (almost all have moved away due to jobs etc.). I just don't feel like talking to them though. Oh well. Maybe in a few months. Hope everyone had a great day. It was gorgeous here. I mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool. :happydance: :winkwink:

froliky- chocolate soup... but at least the nuts are now free to be picked out and eaten.

:wave: Kismet!!! Good to have you joining us, though I hope your stay is a short one.

As well as sorting your nutrition, it might be worth considering going for a quick bloods work up and an HSG, just so you can start out knowing that everything is in tip top working order. And also, if there's anything of concern, you can get it sorted at the start, just like you're doing with your nutrition. I only say this, because I wish I had when I started ttc.

As long as your tubes aren't blocked (as far as I've read, that's when it can hurt) it's not actually much worse than a smear test. I didn't find it bad at all, and that's that they had to try 3 times! :dohh:

Sounds like you're really well prepared.

HA - long time no see :flower: I've missed your posts :hugs: I hope you are doing good :hugs:
Manu - I want your calmness, can you buy it somewhere :haha:
Kismet - welcome to the thread! And I will also tell you that hsg was not painful, so do not worry :thumbup:

Now I need to vent, cos I cant do it anywhere else...sorry and thank you guys for being here :hugs:

I'm going :wacko: here, I'm 11dpiui (also 11 days past trigger shot) I told you guys yesterday I tested trigger out as I got bfn yesterday&got AF cramps. This morning my temps got down so I totally broke down :cry: my natural LH-phase is normally just around 10 days but I'm on supps. now. I decided to test anyhow, brushed my teeth after that and saw that blank stick with one line. Went to do my breakfast and I was so bummed :cry::cry: but then went to look at the test about 10 mins after and there was a line :dohh: Now it's so confusing and I'm stressed that its not legit. Could be the trigger, could be just false cos you' re supposed to toss the test after 5 min. I know you guys don't have the answer, all I can do is wait and see..just gotta tell someone!!! As I'm going nuts ](*,)
Can you see it? I wonder if this is a crappy test, Wondfo one step 25iu

Attachments

• 160412.jpg
    160412.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10
I can see it for sure but since it was after 10 minutes I would drink minimally and hold my pee for as long as I could (for at least 4 hours) and do it again. Fx

I think I'll wait untill tomorrow morning to test again....i think...yes I will!! I need to have some willpower now.

Kismet - I think the hsg is different for everyone. I dont want to scare you. I didn't have any blockages and I would say yes it hurt. It wasn't bad to start but at the end I was breathing my way through it. As soon as he was done injecting the dye it started to feel better but I did have AF like cramps for the rest of the afternoon. I went home and put a heating pad on my belly. It was less painful than I had imagined from what I had read and from what a friend said. My friend had to have it done under sedation. I have a really high pain tolerance. I did not need pain medication stronger than Tylenol3 after my bowel resection due to a perforated colon from which I had gone septic. Same with the ostomy reversal surgery and the hernia repair.

hi Kismet and welcome :flower: hope your stay here is short onceyou actually start ttc, its great that you are charting already because that gives you a head start!

HA - missed you :hugs: hope you had a nice time with your mom xxx

Asry - it looks like a bfp to me!!! same thing happened to me first time round - i confess i fished the stick out of the bathroom rubbish bin to look at it. :test: again and Ill hold my breath for you xxxxx

Thanks Purple-hun :) I do not want to get my hopes up as this could be false..
Nicker here in Finland time is 10.32 am (monday) now

Asry, sorry I can't help you with your worry. I never test and can't quiteremember how long the trigger stays in your system. Hugs xx don't go mad, I'm sure others who test will have words of wisdom for you.

Man- I am 7dp5dt. I'm going for a blood test tomorrow morning as am away for work for the rest of the week. don't know if I'll ask the clinic to ring me with the results on Wednesday or if I'll wait until Friday to do HPT. Strange that your test isn't due until next week isn't it? Different clinics & different protocols I suppose.

LilS- I wouldn't worry about cramping too much; the only time i've ever seen BFP ( in 2008 that ended in mc) I had 'period' like cramps all week and was convinced that The Witch was just around the corner. Hold on in there hun xxx

Good luck Butterfly x I hope this is The Month for you xxx

Hello Kismet! Good luck on your journey, may it be short and sweet!

I'm on my phone yet again, sorry no lovely smiley faces/ hugs!

Gotta run, but loads of babydust for all of us who need it and hugs to you all xxxx

Sorry this is short -

Welcome Kismet & Bearlake

Lil & Asry - keeping everything crossed for you

Love to everyone.

Witch is here :(

Twinkle, Sorry about the Wicked Witch xxxx so wish we didn't have to see her for nine months or so.....

Twinkle - Oh Pooh! Pooh! Pooh!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: - so sorry about that :witch:

Bear lake - good luck with your blood test tomorrow hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->