TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

LilS- you are so right about the horror of being ignored after your first post. That would put me off forever!
I'm on the dreaded two week wait. The IVF this time has been a bit up and down so I feel less hopeful than I did last time. Of course I pray that this would be our time, but after two years and soon two IVF 's, I sometimes struggle with PMA.
I love the 'atmosphere' of this thread and it gives me hope to see all these BFP's !
Xx

Hey Bearlake you are always welcolme on here wether you are posting or stalking.

I feel for you in the TWW after IVF, I have been there and I understand just how tough it is but please do not give up hope. Our bodies work in mysterious ways and sometimes you get your BFP when you really least expect it. As for the 2 years on this rollacoaster i agree it sucks but it could come to an end real soon, I got my sticky BFP at 2.5 years off the BCP and just over 2 years really actively TTC. I was going through a whatever phase and not wanting to do anymore IVF's whilst DH was pushing for me to go back to London to try again and then BAM out of nowhere our miracle BFP and now I have 29 days until our little girl is due.

Miracles do happen every day we just have to hope that today will be our turn for the miracle to be bestowed upon us:hugs:

Bearlake-I was determined to flush you out, and I'm so glad that I did! Please come and join us, and tell us your worries and concerns. We are all here to help each other. I really hope that this IVF is THE one for you and like Carole says, you need to 'expect a miracle'! Stay with us, and good luck to you! xxx

Dr S-you made me laugh with your comment about just staring at the chocolate. That happened to me once with a bag of chocolate brazils (which are MY favourite). They melted in the car into a solid lump, and I managed to peel the wrapper off them, and they were even more delicious as a lump of chocolate than as individual nuts! FX that this IUI has worked, and if it hasn't, then you go and kick some ar&e at that clinic that gave you dud sperm, that YOU PAID FOR! xx

Lil-I have read your post, just need to sort out possible dates to give you! GL with the digi test!!! :hugs:

Dashka-love the photo. That must have been an amazing experience! xxxx

Love to everybody! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM-I have no idea where my cycle is at, vaguely think it's CD 19, but I've been really 'horny' over the past two days and actually spotted some non-John Taylor inspired EWCM on Friday so I've been getting it on. FX that I get my miracle. Am also now knocking back 10 folic acid tabs every morning. Get a funny tummy from it, TBH, so I don't know if this is a good idea. Anyway, am going to see my GP tomorrow, if I can get an appointment, and ask about the Level 1 tests. When I saw him in Jan, he said they only do them if you frequently miscarry. Flipping useless POS NHS response, so am going to ask for them on the grounds of LTTC. As they say in the trade, and I don't know what's happened to my mouth recently, MTHFRs!!!!

Butterfly-hope you're enjoying the GP! My father was in ecstasies yesterday over Kiki Rosberg's son doing so well. We saw Father Rosberg race in the 80s, in Silverstone, I think.

Please somebody explain to me what FF is....... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Drwgi, I'm actually pleased you flushed me out :0)
I'm also partial to chocolate covered brazil nuts but only take them for medicinal purposes :0)
unfortunately I need to hide them my husband!

Carole- thanks so much for your lovely message xxx

I'm off to buying some sample colours for my hall. Anything to distract me from this TWW!

Xx

Bear lake - welcome back hun! it sounds like youve had such a hard time :hugs: but Im rooting for your with this next ivf.

Dwrgi - FF is fertility friend :) omg a solid lump of chocolate covered brazils - that sounds yummy!!! :haha:

Lils - how are you feeling chick?? have you done more tests today???? :hugs:

DrS - don't waste the chocolate :haha: the vietnamese food sounds very interesting - I have never eaten it! glad you are doing some nice things after all those work hours xxx

Dashka and frolicky - a little bit of what you fancy does you good! I firmly believe that if you completely deny yourself then the cravings get worse. so enjoy your treats :hugs:

HA and Missy - hope your family visiting times are going well and that you having fun and relaxing xxx

Butterfly - going to stalk your chart again in a bit - it looked fab yesterday when I peeped! I hope this is your month too!

Carole - you are so sweet and you always bring a lovely message when you post here, thank you xxx

Asry - did I read that are away at the moment??? if so hope you are having fun xxx if Im wrong then ignore me and have a :hugs: instead xxx

and huge :hugs: and loves to everyone else, never, twinkle, omm, pad, and anyone I missing!

afm - we are having a nice weekend so far, and getting some relaxing in, but also clearing some junk (or which there seems to be a lot!) that will be an ongoing project! enjoy your sunday xx

Not so "great" of news this morning but not bad either, I don't think. Woke up twice in middle of the night so by the time I poas this morning, it probably wasn't that nice concentrated kind. Anyway, I am still getting same faint positives - both at 3am & 6:30am. Tough part is that I drink SO much liquid constantly (160 - 192 oz/day) & haven't been eating much due to bronch so I am wondering if that is just flushing the urine. Long story short, I don't want to waste a $15 digi on nonconcentrated urine & since its a kind that has a worse sensitivity than Wondfo, I'm going to see what tomorrow brings when I'm at least 14DPO. I know - next time get a FRER (I will - CB digi sucks).

BUT, at least my line-test Wondfos are famous for never having evap lines & for being very sensitive, so I place a lot of respect & confidence with them. Sorry to disappoint. I'm a little worried but my rational side says not to be, so I'm going to go take my mind off of TTC today if that's OK?

Dwrgi - Ooooh girl, you go get it on :sex: & Fx & everything else crossed you get that miracle girl!!! :dust: You have OPK? You can respond to the PM whenever - I just wanted to make sure you got it :winkwink: Also alot of times the immune issues & MTHFR are assoc with failure to implant so you can't even get to the stage of mc! :growlmad: As for testing, here are some good "protocols" for ordering immunology testing:

https://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/immune-issues/378398-immunology-risk-factors.html (some of the links are old, but just what is presented is very in-depth!!!)

Here is another one from Altern Med site: https://www.dralisonhunter.com/immunology.html

Show THESE to that GP!!! Its NOT just mc's! :hugs:

DrS - can't you borrow some nice pretty surgical instruments & go to town on that block? :haha:

Purple - Getting excited for you! Nevermind, already am! :hugs:

Dashka - see immunology links- espec Alt Med one & the one below

Bear - good luck in 2WW, Manuiti is also there with you in 2WW post-IVF, but there are many others natural 2WW & IUI 2WW right now. To all of thos ein 2WW :dust::dust::dust:

Carole - you are very sweet & you lift our spirits with your success story :hugs:

Ladies - just found a Guide to Immune Testing in the UK. Its old (2007) but looks pretty comprehensive as far as helpful info. This can help those not in UK too if you wanted testing done:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=82741.0

There's important info on how he got his tests done - he contacted the lab directly (so Dashka???):
To undertake these tests I contacted and paid the RFU lab directly:
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Clinical Immunology Laboratory
CLIA ID #14D0646416
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago
IL 60064
USA

Hope you all hHaving a date w/Netflix today as I'm trying to have that one last rest-up before going back to work. Getting better so I want to keep it that way. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lils - Oh don't worry girl.... Remember Laura from the other thread.... she got a positive on Day 12 on a digi....she swears by them being better than FRER.... But I understand not wanting to waste the money... waiting until 14 DPO is a good idea anyway...
I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! Please try to think positive.. :)

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to look through it... It looks very similar the the binder of info that my sister gave me (all the stuff she printed off when she was in consults with Dr. Beer's Center)... I find it all VERY overwhelming.... There could be a billion things that it could be really? I may wait until the busy time at work is over and then possibly think about going to a clinic again that's closer to work for cycle monitoring again and possible IUI - although I really don't know if I'm ready for all that again. I have been doing a little research on natural systemic enzyme therapy for infertility using Wobenzym N (due to immune issues) and may give that a try... I really need to find out whether I have it or not and which of the billion things do I have?
I find I don't like my frame of mind when I start worrying about all this... it goes from a 'trusting of myself' to the 'down on myself' frame of mind.... That's just me.

Hello to everyone out there - need to run as AD has a cold now and is very needy... :)

love you all!!
xoxo

:hi: hi ladies

bearlake, welcome back and I also have everything crossed for this IVF cycle :hugs::hugs:

LilS, yes if your weeee is very dilute it is worth waiting for 14dpo as those tests are expensive (I am too cheap to buy anything but the strips until I get some kind of + on those :haha:)

Dwrgi - get to it :sex: and I hope you have a Carole miracle :happydance: I guess that you have never temped then if you have not used FF - it might be worth giving it a try just to see what your body is doing :flower:

Drs that vietnamese stuff sounds disgusting lol but each to their own :haha::haha:

Purple, I'm with you on the clearing out stuff, I need to do much more before I move house.

Lil/Dwrgi if you are having a secret meet up then I might try make it too :winkwink::hugs:

AFM I am being very naughty and testing early - of course BFNs so far but I think my chart still looks OK so I will not lose hope until I get a BFN at 12dpo (then I will lose it big style :haha:)

Butterfly - 8dpo is way too early lady! Talk about being a POAS addict. :haha: FX'd for you!!! Looking for joiners and stickers.

Lil - :hugs: :hugs: I am patiently waiting the results.

Carole - When you got pregnant were you watching your diet or doing anything special?

Dwrgi - Glad you are being more aggressive with the doctors and demanding what you want! Also, your ovulation signs sound great! :thumbup: FX'd for this cycle and getting more information!!

Dashka - Whale is beautiful! Enjoy your FF toy!

Man - FX'd!! :baby: ~~~~ :hugs: :hugs: How are you doing?

Bear - Glad you are back and hopefullly the IVF gives you results! :hugs:

Ha & Missy - MIA ladies enjoying family time....see you when you get back..

Arsy - Feeling anything? Any news?

DrS - Lol - regarding block of chocolate (ohh..love the ones with sea salt in them..yummy). Rest & Relax! Holy crap you had a crazy work week! I love Inidan, Thai, W. African (some stuff), but have not tried Vietnamese. I still think you deserve some sort of discount. Call me cheap, but customer service is customer service and I think that's pretty bad that you got crappy sperm. Hello! How the heck are you suppose to get pregnant (paying all this money and get bad sperm???).

Purple - So excited about your scan!

Hi to everyone else!! I think Ipen is moving on to adoption?

AFM - Feeling OK. Taking it one day at a time and trying to just enjoy the present.

Thanks Fro, Butterfly & Dashka :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just so you guys know - Dwrgi & I (& now Butterfly) aren't meeting secretly or anything. I just didn't want to discuss all the details (back & forth & back & forth) of a non-TTC item on the TTC thread. BUT, when we nail something down, we'll post it so anyone else who wishes to join in - the more the merrier! I wish we could ALL meet, but I know that's not really practical for anyone outside the UK & even some inside who are far away... :nope:

Lots of Luvs :hugs::hugs::hugs: & LOTS of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Bear - :wave: welcome back. I'm in the IVF 2ww with you. I'm at 7dp3dt. How about you???

Froliky - thanks hun. Still feeling totally normal, as thought the IVF never happened. Just trying not to obsess about it too much, and crossing my fingers that they've embedded nicely and are developing normally. Roll on a week on Monday and OTD!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.
:hugs:

Man - Does that mean OTD 4/16 or the following week? :hugs: Hang in there!! We're here if you need to vent or anything. Remember not everyone feels things. Purple did not feel anything. Moreover, sometimes you think you feel something, and it's just normal strange body stuff which us women have. :hugs: I know though, the waiting sucks big time!!!

Butterfly-hope you're enjoying the GP! My father was in ecstasies yesterday over Kiki Rosberg's son doing so well. We saw Father Rosberg race in the 80s, in Silverstone, I think.
Amanda you there horny girl :winkwink::haha: hope you are having a good times :happydance::happydance: FX for you :thumbup::thumbup: and did you know Keke Rosberg is a Finn?
so ofcourse we all here think as Nico is a Finn also (he's 1/2 German) though he doesn't even really speak finnish.

Bearlake - welcome to the wonderful thread :flower: you've found a good place to come!
Purps- thanks, I was on a 2 day trip during easter :hugs: Happy 12 weeks :happydance::happydance: time goes by so fast!! :dohh:
LilS- I'm sure you are fine, if you test tomorrow I'm sure it'll be darker line :hugs:
Froliky, I'm already having af cramps!!! :grr::finger::finger::gun::tease::ignore:
baaaaaahhh..I did test out the trigger, I did get faint BFP's (oh was it just so wonderful to see them!!!!:cry:) on dpo8&dpo9 but nothing today. I don't think I'll be testing anyday soon anymore, and I really don't think this is going to be THE cycle.
Otherwise the weekend has been busy & lovely :flower: hope its been nice and sunshiny to you all too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolio:

ps. Butterfly, your chart is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

froliky - nope, the following week - the 23rd's my OTD. I'm not feeling down about not feeling anything. If I did feel anything it would most likely be the progesterone anyway. What will be will be... (That's my mood for the moment anyway. :haha:)

asry - how many dpo are you? is it not a bit early for af cramps? and anyway, i've read loads of post where the person was convinced af was on her way and bang bfp! hang in there hun, it aint over till it's actually over... and it's not over. :flower:

Hi Ladies,

just checking in again....

Bearlake - hope this TWW goes quickly and that this IVF has a great outcome!:flower:

Dwrgi - you're so funny.... you go girl!!:haha: I like the new language and SOB MTHFR's!!!! :thumbup:

Manu - glad you aren't obsessing over symptoms....Like your 'laid back' attitude....:coffee: Hope this week goes quick for you!:thumbup:

Asry - Don't give up girl!! :hugs:you still have time! When are you testing? Yes you're probably getting progesterone symptoms (not AF symptoms).. xo

Purple - glad you are enjoying the weekend .... xo Was so excited to read on your journal that you heard little Purple heartbeats!:hugs:

Butterfly -your avatar is giving me a craving again.... hee hee... Your chart looks awesome... yes way too early to test... Fx for you!! :thumbup:

Carole - just wanted to say thanks again for posting your very inspirational and supportive notes... We really really appreciate them. xo:flower:

Missy - hope you are having a great time with family...:winkwink:

Lils - hope you are enjoying the day and we look forward to your report tomorrow! hee hee.... xo Hope you are feeling a little better too.:hugs:

Dr.S - I love Vietnamese food - although haven't had too many things... but I love the Pho Noodles Soup with beef..(love all the fresh basil, lime and bean sprouts you get to throw in there!) Yummy.... What happened with your melted chocolate? I love chocolate with sea salt too...:thumbup:

AFM - CD2 - AF a little crampy and I'm still sick if you can believe it! I still have the cough (although not as bad) but now I'm starting to sneeze and my nose is more congested.... I am wondering if the doctor was right about me getting allergies? Or perhaps I've caught the cold that my AD just got the other day too..... Any I'm throwing the WHATEVER... out there today....Almost 5 weeks and I'm still sick... no energy either :sleep:... I even went to the doctor's 3 times and got meds and followed their suggestions... Normally on my own stuff I can get rid of it in a few days...
WHATEVER!!!!!:dohh::dohh:

Have to get some cleaning done while AD is taking a nap... oh no she just woke up already?? too soon...
xoxo

Lil-that is fantastic information, and you are wonderful for going to all this effort. :hugs::hugs::hugs: I had read the FF posts before but had forgotten it all, as there is so much to digest, Hope we can meet up in June! GL for tomorrow morning, btw, waiting for concentrated urine is a very sensible plan. :thumbup::thumbup:

Asry-you're a star, and I so hope those are implantation cramps! FX!!! Also, good to hear of the Finn win in the GP!!! :hugs::hugs:

Butterfly-I am so excited for you! Is the temp rise a very good sign??? FX! I did used to temp, but it only showed me what I already knew-that I ov around days 13-15 and AF shows on CD28 and 29, so I lost heart with it. Good on you for sticking with it! I think you have a real scientific brain!! Hope you've been enjoying the G Pricks!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Purple-so glad that scan went well, you must be soooooo excited! :hugs::hugs:

Man-I felt exactly like that! The IVF process is soooo intense, and you feel as if you live in the clinic, and then nothing. It is such a weird experience. Hope those little embies are getting snuggled in. What happened to the third? I forget what you posted, :nope:

Love to everybody, and hope you're all okay-and Dashka, that you're better soon! Have the docs taken your bloods? Can't understand why you haven't shifted it after 5 weeks, :hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies :hi: I've been on a little BnB break while my mom was here for a visit... still trying to get caught up on everything but just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here!

Dwrgi - 3rd one didn't make it. It carried on developing with multinucleated blastomeres so in all likelihood wouldn't have been viable or would have had severe chromosomal abnormalities even if it did ever implant. But the positive I took from that is that it carried on developing - it didn't arrest - which I'm hoping meant that my two inside me carried on and didn't arrest either. Can but hope! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->