TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Ohhh all you ladies in England! I'm so jealous of your day in Bath! I was there around 2004 but could only spend an afternoon there. We were on a short 4 day trip to visit friends in Trowbridge, so they took us to Bath, the "big pile of rocks" they call Stonehenge :haha:, the Westbury White Horse, and we did London for a day before flying out. I would have spent ALL of that time in Bath if I had had the chance!

I'm getting back into the swing of things after our getaway. I really enjoy my job, so the stress levels are low... however, as if I needed another indication that a BFN and AF are on tap for this weekend, I have developed a menstrual migraine. I used to get them every month and they would last for a week. The last year or so they are only triggered every few months usually, but this one is vicious. I am wearing sunglasses at my desk... hate that. Hopefully this one won't stick around until af comes.

Meh. Who knows. Regardless, life is STILL good, and it is STILL good to be me! :)

Good luck to those with tests this week... seems like there are several. Try to hang in there ... it'll all work out in the end *hugs*

hi guys

i am back... got some bad blood test results today my numbers have dropped so this one won't work out and I am back to TTC. I hope you are all doing well and I can hang around to see some good news from you all - so I am sprinkling some fairy dust:)

Madeline xx

I'm so sorry Madeline!!!:cry::cry::cry: God, I know that feeling all too well & it's the worst knowing & "waiting to miscarry" :sad2: If it helps, almost all early mc's are due to chromosomal abnormalities, I have found out. IDK, that seemed to make me feel a little better bc I was thinking - oh no, I had a cup of coffee that 1 day... It's not anything you did & you certainly don't want issues like malformations, etc...

Also, there seems to be a high rate of pregnancies following mc's so hoping we both catch that wagon :thumbup: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks LilSluz i have my fingers crossed for us. I don't know how long I will wait? or if it will be painful etc? I agree on a fundamental level it is natural selection at work and I am glad my body recognised so early something was wrong. I do feel upset for loss of the idea and expectation that we were going to have a baby. I have not given up though. Although I am worried about the mc and wat its going to feel like. hopefully I will be brave.

Madeline xxx

Dwrgi, what are "lardy milk bottle eggs"??? That sounds too scary - no Bath for you! :haha:

Hey I found this one thing if you guys are interested (I've been working on this stuff, but just wanted to get a few options out there!):

The special package costs £63.50 each and includes:
» A ticket to the Roman Baths
» A voucher for a 3 course lunch or Champagne afternoon tea in the Pump Room
» A voucher for a 2 hour spa session at Thermae Bath Spa
https://visitbath.co.uk/spa-and-wellbeing/spa-package

Also, see this link if you want to tour ancient ruins? I'm going to be there 2-3 days so i can do whatever we don't do, so you guys tell me OK? :winkwink:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g186370-Activities-Bath_Somerset_England.html

There was also a tour at 2pm each day that sounded interesting but I'm gonna have to find it again if interested...

One more thing. I don't think this is right? I looked up weather in Bath for June (its the first weather I've looked up for UK https://www.weather2travel.com/whentotravel/united-kingdom/bath.php?Units=1) & its says that in June the temp range H/L is 50-66F (10-19C)?!?! That can't be right (right?) - its summer? Aw, Crichey,:haha: I'm going to have to completely rethink the wardrobe for UK if it is... gonna have to break out my winter gear - lol... (one of the first things on a what-to-bring list was a raincoat, so I bought one last night! :thumbup:) They just didn't say anything about temps...:dohh:

Oh dear, Lil, that is VERY typical June weather!!!!

Lardy-lumpy

Milk bottle-VERY WHITE!!!!!

Indeed, no bath for me!!

Got to run, kids at the door!
:hugs::hugs:

thanks LilSluz i have my fingers crossed for us. I don't know how long I will wait? or if it will be painful etc? I agree on a fundamental level it is natural selection at work and I am glad my body recognised so early something was wrong. I do feel upset for loss of the idea and expectation that we were going to have a baby. I have not given up though. Although I am worried about the mc and wat its going to feel like. hopefully I will be brave.

Madeline xxx

- TMI Alert -

Its like a really bad heavy, clumpy period usually when its this early, but everyone is different. Maybe expect to stay home from work 1-4 days when it happens simply bc you may be emotional & you can only wear pads (no tampons) so you may have to run to the bathroom a bit. Some people only last 2 days; other last 5-7. You will also likely be crampy & may have backache so keep on hand 600-800mg ibuprofen. If you can take off work, prop your feet up, lay on a heating pad & watch some really interesting/feel-good movies/shows to keep your mind busy...

I hope this helps a bit? :thumbup: I just want you to be prepared for it & know that what you are feeling (& seeing) is "normal". Really, you can prepare yourself by including all of your fav things in those days (movies, chocolate, wine, whatever makes you happy) & just think of it as a "mental & physical holiday from life" for a few days... Its not easy, but if you are prepared I believe it is much easier to deal with... Sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs: & please feel free to ask me anything you want, as I've been through 3 of them now... (& I wish someone could have told me what to be prepared for)

GL honey & I'm so sorry you have to go thru this... :flower::hugs:

Lardy-lumpy

Indeed, no bath for me!!

It was the "eggs" part that baffled me actually! Are eggs boobs? Oh dear, I don't think it's a topless establishment, but I do admire your liberating desire "to be free" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok, so break out my winter stuff you're saying. Thanks! :hugs:

Thanks Dwrgi - I'm on my 4th round of Clomid now and was trying to find out if anyone had taken this along with oestrogen & metformin?

C
x

Lardy-lumpy

Indeed, no bath for me!!

It was the "eggs" part that baffled me actually! Are eggs boobs? Oh dear, I don't think it's a topless establishment, but I do admire your liberating desire "to be free" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok, so break out my winter stuff you're saying. Thanks! :hugs:

Doh-I meant LEGS!!!!! Why am I obsessed with eggs???!
:hugs:

Coast-I hope you get an answer. I took it on its own. Anybody else with any ideas? GL! :flower:

Lil-the package that you found sounds amazing. However, (don't you just hate that word?), it is a lot to do in one day! The Roman Baths are amazing, and you will need to allow A GOOD couple of hours to go around. The lunch will take however it takes? And what is the spa allocation? Two hours? Hmm, doable, but may be a whistle stop tour. What about Spa and lunch, or lunch and Roman Baths (i.e. one or the other?). I'd say Spa but we could have a vote! What does everybody else think???

P.S. Kids are working on a character diary and are good and quiet!!

LilS that is exactly the package that I found :haha::haha::thumbup:

Well if we can do say lunch and a 2 hour spa session that would be brill and I would love to go see those amazing regency terrace houses for a few pictures :thumbup:. I reckon I will be able to get there by about midday hopefully so some lunch, a bit of a spa/pool thing and then a couple of sights maybe if we get time, would be great :happydance::happydance:

Oh yes and about the weather - I always think that it is warmer in June but I guess 16-19 would be kind of average but if we got a good day it could be anything up to 25 :)

Butterfly, that sounds good? You guys decide bc I was thinking we had 12 - 5pm (5 hrs), & thought it would be enough time for all but, IDK? I am just "the tourist" :haha:

Dwrgi - I thought eggs were just another funny British reference. :haha: Yeah, you have eggs on the brain, I guess. Hope you are feeling OK today? :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Can't wait to meet you guys!!! Any other UK ladies joining? (I know, Purps is away rt now having fun, but any others?)

Hi ladies!

Carole - oh ....exciting Zara is coming any time now!!:happydance: Hope it is soon for your sake...:hugs::hugs:

ecoops - so sorry for all you've been through hun :hugs: Lils - gave some good info on MTHFR - and just wanted to say you have to make sure you take the folate (that is already converted for you - it is 'body ready')... The Folapro brand is the one I take too (just in case I may have MTHFR...not sure but it doesn't hurt) Good luck !!:hugs:

Dr. S - IVF here you come! :happydance: hope this is the one for you!

Lils - Don't worry -I was only kidding you don't have to tell me what you do :haha:(think you kinda gave us an idea before). Thanks for the charting tips! I'm one of those with the 6:15am alarm clock (cause I have to) but most days will wake up at 5:30 cause I get anxious to pee (+ temp)..:haha:
Sorry to hear that the uterus test was so bloody painful :hugs:... That's terrible - you have been through so much lately. Oh and BD'ing hurting for a week after your next test (week prior to ov!!!) oh no!!! :dohh: Argh... I hope it's not too bad... Good luck on Wed !:hugs::hugs:

Madeline - oh so sorry to hear your news....:hugs::hugs: I hope you can take care of yourself over the next few weeks... :flower:

Dwrgi - glad you tests are ok - but yeah that is frustrating that they can't find what to fix! Was that just Level 1 or are you going to do Level 2 as well?
Hope you are okay - big giant hugs your way :hugs:

Butterfly - hope your trip to London this week (bd'ing) goes well :winkwink::winkwink: I usually ovulate on Day 11/12 too - so I have the same fear as you... although I have been taking stuff to improve egg quality and have heard women getting preggers when they ov. that early. I tried the cinnamon this month (to delay ovulation) but didn't take enough - only remembered a few days before ov... Think next month going to try from Cycle Day 1 until ov.... Good luck!!:hugs::thumbup:

HTJ - oh no sorry about the migraine! hope it doesn't last long... and your chart still looks good - perhaps that was a big implantation dip you have on there?:hugs:

Purple - hope you are having a great vacation!:hugs:

Hello to everyone else out there!! and big hugs to all!:hugs:

AFM - feeling a little down today - I'm only 7DPO but I have the typical irritability that starts a week before AF....argh... Could be the stress at work or I don't know... but thinking I am out before I'm even close to AF. I am still using the meditation tracks every night (Fertile Mind -Russell Davis) and it's helping me sleep like a baby - I hope that with time it's going to help these negative 'it's never going to happen' feelings that seem to pop up around 7DPO... I wish I could listen to them throughout the day too :haha: There is a cool one called "The Welcome" and you listen to it after ovulation - as in "welcoming the embryo to get comfy".... It is awesome - I totally recommend it ladies and you get the 20% off if you order by tomorrow I think.

xoxoxo:hugs::hugs:

Froliky, Asry and Man --- how are you doing???? xoxo

I so wish I could meet you all in the UK !!! Would be so awesome.....sigh....

:hi::hi: still lurking. Hugs to you all. Am only 3 DPO and really trying to think positive :thumbup:

Daksha really hoping that your feeling that AF is on her way is wrong honey, hoping and praying for a BFP:hugs:

Lady H fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you:hugs:

Lils and UK ladies totally jealous of your day out in Bath, I love that city so beautiful. Wish that I was travelling home at that time as I would definitey join you but I am not back till late July as have to get all of Zara's documents done which takes time from here.

Dwrgi mat leave is a little better than 3 weeks here we have 6 weeks tops but can get 3 weeks sick pay a year so most ladies get the Dr to sign us off before the birth so we can rest. Gonna go on Sunday and get my sick note, they give it out even if you have a perfect pregnancy as they understand how short our time is with bubba so we do not go on mat leave before labour starts. Walked around the mall with DH today and really struggled so I am now ready to give in and admit I need to be at home .

Hope you have all had a fab day off today and hope to catch up with you all tomorrow :hugs:

Aw jeez, Dwrgi, I totally forgot to post about your tests :dohh:! (The Bath & eggs messed me all up!). I know you wanted to see something that you could fix or that could "explain" things up til now. I also hate when things come back "normal" bc then you're like "F THAT! You guys are wrong!" And you feel like you lose a little control over things. I am glad for you that nothing is wrong & that your tests came back normal! :hugs: But I understand the frustration you have bc at least when something comes back "wrong" you can "fix it" :nope: (well, usually...).

I think it's hit or miss whether they order Level 2 Tests or not - really depends on Dr. & I don't know enough about them "except" that I just got off the phone w/the lab (just a normal everyday lab) & they readily offer the following (bolded) tests (one is a test my Dr office added - wasn't on the orig list you sent out):

Level 2 Tests:
-Natural Killer (NK) cell assay panel
-TH1/TH2 cytokine ratio
Tissue Plasminogen Activator (E1A)

-Leucocyte Antibody Detection (LAD) (blood also required from partner).
-DQ Alpha Antigen (blood also required from partner).
-Natural Killer (NK) endometrial biopsy.

The other ones require special attention, special labs & expensive so my Dr. said that since I have no indications for them, they really are not needed. But I don't know what those indications are? (I think I gave that long list of "protocols" for certain tests a while back if you still have? if not I will try to find :hugs:)

I know you want to do as many tests as possible & get "some answers", so I hope I'm helping (rather than hindering) here by thinking of more/diff tests for you? :blush: What about the saline sonogram test I just had or the hysteroscopy I'm doing tomorrow - are those offered there? (if you get the hysteroscopy you don't need the saline sonogram & if I would have known that i would have just went for the mother-of-all-uterus-tests [hysteroscopy]). I am just not sure what the protocol for these tests are bc I know I'm getting them for RMC, but I also have seen these tests sometimes mandatory before some people get IVF #1 or #2... so? They are for detecting problems with implantation due to lesions, scar tissue, polyps, cysts, extra tissue, & fibroids among other things, so perhaps it would be worth a look if you have some time & worried that implantation is the issue? just some ideas to help...? :shrug: (just tell me to shut up if I'm not helping - my intentions are good :kiss:)

I just want to send you really huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: & lots of xoxoxoxo's (glad kids are being good for you!)

HI Ladies

Do you have room for another TTC No1 35+?????????

Heres my story in brief so far - I was first pregnant back in March 2010, sadly that turned into a mmc (discovered at 12w scan, i conceived my second pregnancy in sept 2010, sadly that turned into a mmc too (discovered at 12w scan), i conceived my
third pregnancy july 2011, again a scan at 9w showed mmc (heartbeat was seen at 5w6d). So i have come to the conclusion my body likes to hold onto my little beans!

My last mmc was in October 2011 so i was sent for testing, minimal amount of tests as this is the NHS we are talking about!

So far i have been diagnosed with auto immune thyroid disease, the antibody critters are attacking my thyroid making it underactive, i also have a bicornuate uterus. NHS have only tested me for blood clotting disorders and thyroid antibodies . Blood clotting came back negative even though i tested low in activated protein c resistance.

I also went to see Professor Quenby for NK Cell test but she refused to do it as she felt my thyroid was my problems. I was told not to try until my thyroid tsh was under 2, well it has so far taken 7 months to stabilise and still not quite their but i am not far off now so hopefully i can ttc in June.

I went to see an endocrinologist privately to get my thyroid sorted as the docs/nhs were increasing my medication too slowly for my likeing and he put a plan in place and it seems to have worked, my thyroid has come down dramatically. My endo also thinks i have pcos (no cysts, just the syndrome) so i have had blood tests weekly for the last 5 weeks and am waiting for my next appt to discuss results, He will treat me with metformin if i test positive.

So thats it really, been trying for 2 years, had 3 mmc and a have a useless thyroid!!

I was 35 in Jan 2012

Wishing all you ladies lots and lots of luck on the ttc bandwagon, hopefully we will all get our BFP in 2012

xx

AFM - feeling a little down today - I'm only 7DPO but I have the typical irritability that starts a week before AF....argh... Could be the stress at work or I don't know... but thinking I am out before I'm even close to AF. I am still using the meditation tracks every night (Fertile Mind -Russell Davis) and it's helping me sleep like a baby - I hope that with time it's going to help these negative 'it's never going to happen' feelings that seem to pop up around 7DPO... I wish I could listen to them throughout the day too :haha: There is a cool one called "The Welcome" and you listen to it after ovulation - as in "welcoming the embryo to get comfy".... It is awesome - I totally recommend it ladies and you get the 20% off if you order by tomorrow I think.

xoxoxo:hugs::hugs:

Look, little Canadian lady :hugs:, you are an inspiration to us all & you are allowed some doubt & bad days! I know you tend to get these :af:-type symptoms a week before, but you just never know (& may I point out that irritability is also an early preg sign? I know - we should all be pregnant with quints by now then right?).

Please don't give up - it sounds like you are onto something really awesome with these mp3's - ahhh, just to :sleep: like a baby? That's nice! (got my email, so I'm gonna try it!). Your chart looks really fab, too! Hang in there, honey & sending you big virtual :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->