TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hope39 - welcome! You have come to the right place! Gosh, those mc's all at 12wks or 9 wks, so sorry! :nope:

But, I am really happy to hear that you have taken charge of your situation & getting all of these tests done! I don't know much about low thyroid (other than the basics), but it sounds like you are getting it (now rapidly) under control! And the PCOS - I hope you have your answer very soon. :flower:

Carole - wish you could join us too! Are you going to last until Sunday, girl? Its not sounding like it, you take it easy :flower:

Lils - thanks so much - you are awesome... and thanks for making me laugh!
Hope you like the sample MP3 in the email... the 'gift' track is a relaxation one but the ones I purchased (the program) are specific for fertility. Let me know what you think! xoxo

Thanks lilsluz

All mmc were detected at scans, baby had died at 6weeks in all 3 pregnancies which is a bit strange i suppose, not one made it to 6.5 weeks according to sonographer measurements

Prof Q seemed confident thyroid was the issue as the pattern in all 3 pregnancies was identical

Well time will tell, i will have to see what happens with my next pregnancy

x

Hope 39 - welcome!! you will love it here! I am so sorry for your m/c's... :hugs:how heartbreaking.. I hope you get all the answers you need soon. My ND also mentioned that thyroid is a big factor... and that TSH should be 2 or less... Problem is it's hard to get the meds for it if you don't have clinically low thyroid (doctor's don't consider it low if 2.5 or less I think - don't quote me).. Mine was 2.3, then about 6 months later was 1.4 - and I only took natural stuff (iodine from kelp - drops).. It's tricky though you need to know how much to take and don't take too much) then I stopped taking it so not sure if it went up again. How high was your TSH?

Hope 39 - welcome!! you will love it here! I am so sorry for your m/c's... :hugs:how heartbreaking.. I hope you get all the answers you need soon. My ND also mentioned that thyroid is a big factor... and that TSH should be 2 or less... Problem is it's hard to get the meds for it if you don't have clinically low thyroid (doctor's don't consider it low if 2.5 or less I think - don't quote me).. Mine was 2.3, then about 6 months later was 1.4 - and I only took natural stuff (iodine from kelp - drops).. It's tricky though you need to know how much to take and don't take too much) then I stopped taking it so not sure if it went up again. How high was your TSH?

My TSH has been all over the place

Oct - 9.27 (Prof Q wouldn't even put me on her trial with a TSH at that level)
Nov - 5.24 (going down nicely)
Dec- 1.3 (Yay, perfect but not allowed to ttc until recurrent mc tests back)
Jan - 41.3 :saywhat: Yep you read it right, a big fat 4 and 1 making 41
Feb- 42.3
Mar - 25.9 :happydance: On its way down again
April 3.49 :cloud9: Woo hoo, getting close to 2 now

As you can see, they have been up and down and i didn;t even know or suspect i had an underactive thyroid till someone suggested i get it checked out due to the 3 mmc i had had

hope- good luck with regulating your thyroid

dashka- hey you are great at perking us up, you get to have your down days.

got my "plan" from the doc today. go for progesterone level on the 11th then start lupron that day. hopefully get my period on the 21st and get a baseline us on the 22nd (this could be dicey cause i leave for philly on the 22nd at midnight, but i guess i can get us in philly too). then around june 1 i start gonal f. of course i dont end up using my cetrotide... sigh. 6 boxes of that go to waste. noticed they didnt say anything about bcp to get from may 22nd to june 1.. but emailed the doc and he wrote back in minutes saying people dont usually ovulate on lupron so i guess that is what is going to shift my cycle.

DrS - great plan! And since it all seems to start right away, hopefully it will fly by for you! :thumbup:

Froliky - good luck on scan tomorrow & please let us know how things go! :flower: I'll be checking after I get back from hospital... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asry - hope you are doing well there little lady! I know your scan is coming up soon, too! (please don't leave us) :hugs:

Manuiti - How are you doing? :hugs:

hope - those levels are coming down nicely! Yay! I'm with you - what happened in Dec-Jan - wow! I'm glad you were getting tested periodically - can you imagine if you only tested in Dec & thought everything was just fine? Makes one wonder about tests sometimes...? hmmmm Glad you are on the right track & have more aggressive Dr's/Prof's!!! :flower:

Dashka - started reading thru the .pdf - wow, I knew some of this (as I'm sure you did, too), but I have to keep being reminded every once in a while you know? (like daily!!! :thumbup;) & it seems oh so important during TTC. :hugs: I hope you have a better day tomorrow! :flower:

HA - hope the stims are going well! :thumbup::flower:

LadyH - hope you are feeling better now & :dust: in your 2WW! :flower:

I can only manage mini-posts these days...too many people/too many fried brain cells, but I'll get to everyone eventually! :hugs:

Just wanted to send some big :hug: to those who are hurting or just having a bad day, some :dust: to those in the 2WW & some :friends: to everyone else!

Morning ladies

HA thinking about you on your latest cycle and hoping those stimms are working their magic for you :hugs:

Dr S pls do not feel bad about your next step in treatment, IVF is just a choice that is open to us all and one that takes out some of the hurdles out of this stressful journey. Do not see it as failure but simply a choice that you are making to get you closer to your dream:hugs:

AFM Lils you were right I am not making it o Sunday, going to the hospital this morning to sign me off work from today as really suffering with insomnia now and got 1 hour last night before the alarm went off. I am plain exhausted so need to be at home during the day resting and getting sleep where I can. I have finally given in and listening to my body.

Have a great day all and catch up later :hugs:

Oh Carole, I'm actually very relieved you are getting signed off now as you sounded very uncomfortable. But this is it - the home stretch! :happydance::happydance::happydance: The beginning of the end of the beginning! How funny you posted bc I was actually thinking of you tonight & kept telling myself "don't forget to tell her...".

Anyway, I may not know much about pregs, but I can help when it comes to back pain :winkwink: You may find that alternating a cold pack with the heat works even better for you (20 mins on, 20 mins off). The cold pack brings down inflammation while the heat brings blood flow to the area, so in my worst pain moments alternating tends to help the most. Also, put a pillow underneath your knees while relaxing - it takes the tension off your lower back (like massage therapist does, but a little more elevated is really preferable). Finally, I've had a lot of prescription pain patches, but none came close to the pain relief I got w/Ben Gay patches (& they are so easy because you can wear them around the house - and they actually really help!?). I hope this helps ease the pain! :thumbup:

But, the only thing I want you exercising is your thumb on the button of that remote control there little mama!!! And hope you get some :sleep: Oh, getting so excited for you!!! :happydance::hugs:

Hi you lovely ladies, and thanks for asking I'm doing good :flower: nothing new really going on, some tiredness and emotions going on a rollercoaster one minute :cry: and the next :rofl: then :growlmad: and feeling very impatient waiting on my scan.

So Dashka, don't rely on irratibility on being AF, I had that too and normal pms + temp drop that morning I had my first faint bfp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hun that this will be it :thumbup::hugs: Oh and btw, I had my O on cd12/cd13, though with injections..

LilS, you are going through another painful tests, I really wish and send :plane: some strenght from here so you'll cope fast and get GOOD results :hugs:

Dwirgi, :hugs::hugs: your Bath day totally sounds soooo lovely :coolio: you guys with your eggs 'n whatnot :haha::haha: I wanna come too! I'd be counting days :haha:

Butterfly - good luck with :serenade::sex:

Carole, I hope you got some :sleep: and are feeling better now :hugs: Not many days untill Zara is here :cloud9: And WHAT you only have 6 weeks maternity leave?? I know in US its like 2 months and thought that was very little. We have 9 months :dohh: we get paid for 3 months our normal salary, then about 60% of our salary for 6 months. I guess all that is cos we pay so much taxes that we get these advantages..

DrS - good luck with your IVF :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm missing a lot of ladies now, but sending :dust::dust: to you all, you are on my mind a lot and really wish nothing but :yellow: to you all :hugs:

:hi: just a quick one as I am on my phone

Welcome hope, there was another lady on bnb who had thyroid problems, had some losses and now is pregnant with twins (after thyroid treatment). :hugs::hugs:

Carole, glad you are signed off :thumbup:

Dashka, hope you are feeling a bit better :hugs::hugs:

Drs there are areas on bnb where you can sell off surplus meds I believe :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing fine :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Butterfly

So good to hear of a success story relating to thyroid problems. If I had known what I know now I would have had it checked after 2nd mmc.

Hope everyone has a nice day, I now off out to work for a bit, just gotta find my viz jacket n hard hat. God I look lovely in them, good job I only have to wear it twice a month!

Hi Ladies!

Hope39- WOW you weren't kidding... you did have some high numbers re: TSH... that's great the improvement you've made! Hope it keeps coming down quickly!:hugs: Sounds like you have an interesting job??!! Hard hat??

Carole - so glad you are signing off today:flower:.... you need to rest mama!:sleep: You will need to store some energy for sure for little Zara !:baby:

Lils - Good luck today hun on your test/procedure... you are so brave girl... hope you get the answers you need. And thanks for always thinking of us even when you are feeling crappy yourself....:hugs::hugs: Hey looks like someone is ovulating real soon :winkwink::winkwink:

Dwrgi - how are you?? big hugs to you hun!:hugs:

Asry - good to hear from you! it must be very nervewracking to wait for the scan.... Is it next week? ALL limbs crossed for you hun!!:hugs: Thanks for your encouragement re: AF coming - we'll see what happens...\

Frolicky - do you have another scan today/tomorrow? - Good luck hun!!:hugs:

Manu - how are you? your scan is Friday right? Good luck sweetie:hugs:

HA - hope stims are working their magic for your next IVF cycle :flower::winkwink:

Butterfly - it's almost time right??!!!:thumbup::happydance:

Dr.S - sounds like a great plan you've got.... I don't see IVF as failure - I see it as bravery/courage....:hugs: I just don't have the guts.

HTJ - how are you feeling today?:hugs:

Purple, Pad, Lady H, Missy, Nikki, Never, Ipen, Twinks and anyone else I've missed - BIG GIANT HUGS!!

AFM - feeling kind of the same today -but temp did go up... Although getting some minor AF like cramps now and then (and also yesterday) and it's only 8DPO... also my bbs don't hurt as much today (they only hurt for 2 days). Hope my cycles are not getting even shorter than 24 days... we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!! xoxo:hugs::coffee::flower::thumbup:

Dashka- Aww, thanks for asking! I have had some improvement with my migraine today. I'm not as sensitive to light or sound and the nausea is leaving me alone for the moment. Hopefully it will continue to improve throughout the day!

Lils - Thinking of you and that test. Will be keeping you in my thoughts... you are certainly an inspiration!! *hugs*

Carole - Hang in there and TAKE IT EASY :D

I took a spill on my deck this morning when I slipped on wet leaves blown down in last night's storm. Scraped up my knee and my arm on the rusty cover to a fire pit when I put my hand through it trying to catch myself. "It's just a flesh wound!" :D I'm fine... will be a little sore, but will be be aaaallll goooood!

Jack-OMG, that sounds really nasty. Hope you're okay? Decking is lethal, I believe! And always has rats underneath (provate in-joke with my OH and I!) Big :hugs:

Carole-I am soooooooo relieved that you have given in and gone to get your sick note. I don't know how you managed to last out until now. Just put your feet up now and do nothing but press the remote buttons, as instructed by Lil!!! Keep us up to date with progress please!!! We're all on pins to hear your news! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad-hangover gone yet???? :haha::haha::haha: :kiss::kiss:

Dashka-I hope your cycle lasts out longer than 24 days. There is always something to worry about, isn't there? FX that the sore bbs are a good sign! :hugs:

Lil-how are you? Hope you're okay? You will notice that my chart is now up to stalk. I don't think there is anything exciting to see-am doing it very ambivalently!! We need to get booking with treatments etc. for Bath so EVERYBODY who is thinking of joining us, please tell us what you want to do! Love to you Lil, Axxxx :hugs:

Butterfly-how are you, lovely? Been doing any more fabulous painting?? When are you due to head for London next? FX this is THE ONE! :kiss::kiss:

Asry-how lovely to see your post, and I'm certain that those symptoms are all completely natural. Don't forget, also, that you have just come to the end of one battle (of TTCing) so that must feel really weird too! Go with the flow, sweetie! :kiss:

Hope-let's 'hope' that this thread brings you luck and you get some answers to your problems! Good luck to you! :hugs:

Dr S-good luck with this next cycle. Let it be the one. I'm sure you'll be able to get an us in Philliy! Will add to the excitement too!

Twinkle-:hugs::hugs:

MissyT-:hugs::hugs:

HA-GL and :hugs::hugs:

Coast-how are you hun? xxx

Purps-hope you're relaxing as you sail through those fjords! :hugs:

AFM-am going to a nutrition for fertility lecture tonight at my clinic. I want to support them as they have been so brill, plus I can cop an eyeful of the Divine Lyndon too, so I'm there, front row, with a low cut top on!!! (Ha ha-the last bit was a joke, I have no boobs to speak of!). Notice how I don't think I'll learn anything from the session? Hmm, my mind is telling me that my fight is done! Weird, that!

Love to you all,
Axxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - I do hope you can think of the all-clear on the tests to be something very, very GOOD! Its a funny feeling getting normal test results back & being mad about it huh? I am happy for you though :hugs:. (I did like your :sulk: guys). I'm excited you are going to chart too :happydance: - attach it when you get a chance! :thumbup: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asry - aw, honey :hugs: I hope you start feeling better soon :flower: Only 6 more days until that scan! :thumbup I don't know how some people can last 12+ weeks before a scan - that has to take some incredible patience & resolve!!! We have it at 6 wks (& now 5wks but prob just bc of age/mc history) & that seems like forever! And just FYI, I am MOVING TO FINLAND - 9 months!? Paid 3 months & 60% the rest? Holy moly! We get 3 months off, but its not even PAID its just that we should be considered lucky they don't fire us for having kids. So, of course I had to google & was shocked - apparently we are living up to our workaholism slave-state: Only four countries have no national law mandating paid time off for new parents: Liberia, Papua New Guinea, Swaziland, and the United States.[3] Gosh, "I'm just so glad we're not the only ones" (where the heck is Swaziland?). :grr::grr::grr: Gosh, we have it great here, but we defin have our fair share of a-holes that make some of these laws to offset that!!!:growlmad::trouble:

Dashka - In my preg cycle I noticed the lack of hurting boobs (when they typically do hurt), so that may be a good thing! Estrogen is released during implantation (I broke out into 100's bumps on face 9DPO) so it can stave off some of the effects of progesterone (like sore bbs). Hope you feel better soon tho, your temps lookin good! Oh, I usually have a fake ov before my real one. :haha: "yeah, I fake Ov sometimes" :rofl:. So. I'm hoping my typical late CD20 ov stays on track bc I need time for poor Mrs. Ute to heal! :winkwink:

Butterfly - been a little busy there honey :thumbup: Hope you catch that egg, girl - FX!!!! :flower:

HTJ - OUCH!!! :dohh: Um, when I heard rusty :blush::shock: I hope you scrubbed the living crap out of those wounds & put betadine in there!

Have a great day ladies! Off to my pretend surgery? now (they make you go thru the gamut of surgery prep in case). Actually, I was a little mad thinking this test was perhaps too much or useless (I have issues trusting Dr's), but after finding out that a lot of women have scar tissue after D&C (& so much other stuff that doesn't show up on u/s), I am feeling better about it. After the D&C I had - well, if there was a camera, they could have made a horror flick out of it, so now I'm wondering. Hope its all clear of course... I'll check back, I just may be on drugs!!! (Funny thing is, you probably won't know the difference :haha:)

LilSluz - Will be thinking about you today! Hang in there... you can handle anything as long as you know it will end! And it will!! *hugs* :hugs::hugs::hugs: And I did indeed scrub the scrapes it out well with lots of soap, but I didn't have any betadine or peroxide on hand. It really was just a scratch.

Dwrgi - rats? No problem... I'll feed 'em to my boa constrictor :haha:

AFM, I am either 10 or 11 dpo and still have absolutely no symptoms/signs. My face has been getting oily like it does when I'm PMS-ing... but that is it. Hoping I'm not out... but feelin a little low about it. Only time will tell!

Hey ladies!

I cannot believe how many of you all have been or know about Army Navy! Mental!....\\:D/

Dwrgi.. yep over hangover, but have now come down with a stomach bug... talk about through the eye of a needle... OMG TMI but hell, it is bad:shy:... and Hubby has buggered off to Cyprus so I am home alone feeling crap... literally lol...:dohh:

Guys what the heck do you reckon is happening with my chart??? Looks frikking odd to me!:coffee:

My mate has sent me some pink baby dust... awww bless her!:kiss:

Hopeful I have thyroid issues too.... auto immune also. Highest I ever got was 55... Dr nearly had a heart attack lol. Everytime I am pregnant they test my thyroid quite frequently. Does make me ill when they get my levels wrong...:nope:

Dwrgi... well, I dunno if it is a good thing or a bad thing that the tests came back with nothing.... hmmmm odd... what next then?:confused:

Lils I am sooooo P*ssed off I am missing out on the get together.... though I reckon you and Butterfly and Dwrgi will have a whale of a time!! Hope the procedure went OK:hugs:

Dash how are you hun? Sore boobs are always my first sign that I am up the duff .... that is Brit for Preggers! Here's hoping!:thumbup:

Carole I think you are doing a wise thing... you need to rest up cos it isn't long until Zara gets here!

Fro and Asry good luck with your scans!

Hey everyone else! Hope we are all well!

Pad, although a bit hills and mountains :haha: I think your chart is OK - I normally have a coverline of about 36.3 so only go over that after Ov :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->