TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

:hi: hello ladies, hope you are all ok. I really can't remember all as I don;t have a chance at the moment to get on and reply much so I apologise. Added to that in a few months I likely won't be ttc any more so although it sounds harsh I don't want to make new connections only to lose them again :hugs:

Anyway, Pad, glad you had a great holiday. Your chart does look a bit weird again but then you were on hols so we will let you off :haha: Hoping AF stays away for lovely :pink: BFP :hugs:

Dwrgi :hi: :friends: are you all mentally geared up for the ivf hon?

Lady H - hoping you have a lovely Birthday on Thursday and lots of :wine: and :sex: :happydance:

LilS - hope you had a good trip home - sounds like you had an amazing trip all round :thumbup:

dashka thanks hon :hugs::hugs:

HTJ fingers crossed for the new :spermy:

Drs have you had the transfer yet, sorry if I missed that :dohh:

Froliky damn those dreams :growlmad: :hugs::hugs:

To everyone some :dust: and hoping you all get your BFPs soon :hugs::hugs:

Oh and the house sale still hasn't gone through and is driving me nuts :haha:

so i had 4 grade 1, 2 grade 2 and 5 grade 3 blasts. had 2 transfered, 1 frozen today and they are checking again tomorrow to see if more make the freezing grade. the transfer went well today (other than lying down on the table which was excrutiating on my poor tushie). was only 30 min late to court and the lawyers and judge were actually on a sidebar anyway so no one even noticed. figure it isnt bed rest.. but i sat all day without doing much. tomorrow night my new meds come in but.. i dont have to do another shot (this am was the last one.. sucked to have to do it knowing how bad it would be)

btw named them inky and squirt

DrS - I hope inqy and squirt dig in deep :yipee: glad to hear everything went well :thumbup::thumbup: let the tww begin!!!! :baby:

HTJ- good luck with IUI today :thumbup::thumbup:

Butterfly - big :hug: to you hun hope the house sale will be settled soon and you can relax :flower:

:dust::dust: to you all lovelies :kiss:

Dr S-excellent result! Hope Inky and Squirt are getting settled in. It's a strange feeling, isn't it?? Why are you in court? Have I missed something???

Pad-your chart is amazing!! I hope that AF DOES not arrive! I'm thinking Team Pink!! So glad that you were away over the anniversary of your last loss, and could be distracted. Big :hugs: to you for being so brave, Axxxx :flower:

Dashka-dreams like that are the pits, as they seem so real! Also, try not to worry about the tests and AF, I'm sure it's nothing new for these people, and perhaps your cycle might be a bit out of kilter then, and it won't actually have arrived, or it will have been and gone. There is this lovely Welsh expression -'Peidiwch mynd o flaen gofid' (which you need your teeth in to say!!), but basically means, 'Don't go ahead of worry'. I really like it, so try not to worry, Axxx :hugs:

Bugger, have run out of time, as my Head of Dept has been in here chatting!!

Wanted to send Butterfly big :hugs::hugs::hugs: and will email you very soon,

Lots of love to everybody, will try and write more later!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thx Dwrgi!!!

Dr S- yay!!! Awesome for Inky and squirt... Love the names go so well with DrSquid!
Fx for you and hope you don't have to go to court anymore??? I think I missed something too??

HTJ -- good luck this morning for the IUI!!!

Hello and hugs to all!!! Will check on later!

Xoxo

So I am a bit beside myself this morning and I need some opinions from all you ladies with more experience at this... I am scheduled for my IUI at 9:45am today, and my temp shot up today to above coverline. I'm not sick, so there is no reason for a fever... which means that I ovulated sometime yesterday or overnight, right? Should I even go through with IUI??

I just put a call in to the doctor's office to see if we can catch the lab before they process the sperm but it is only 6:30 and office doesn't open until 8:30, so not sure when I will hear back. If we can't get ahold of anyone there before they thaw and wash, then we don't have a choice to go through with it, and I feel that could possibly be a waste of the $1k we have invested in this month.

Any thoughts, girls? I need advice...

I should note that on my chart, I have manually tagged ovulation for today based on the timing of the trigger shot.

So I am a bit beside myself this morning and I need some opinions from all you ladies with more experience at this... I am scheduled for my IUI at 9:45am today, and my temp shot up today to above coverline. I'm not sick, so there is no reason for a fever... which means that I ovulated sometime yesterday or overnight, right? Should I even go through with IUI??

I just put a call in to the doctor's office to see if we can catch the lab before they process the sperm but it is only 6:30 and office doesn't open until 8:30, so not sure when I will hear back. If we can't get ahold of anyone there before they thaw and wash, then we don't have a choice to go through with it, and I feel that could possibly be a waste of the $1k we have invested in this month.

I should note that on my chart, I have manually tagged ovulation for today based on the timing of the trigger shot.

Tough one, HTJ. An egg can hang around for 12 ish hours, so it all depends when you ovulated. However, it does look like a close call. Perhaps you'd be better off cancelling it, for your own piece of mind. A lot of money to throw away. Good luck, Axx

HTJ - If you can cancel, that would be my advice. I think you'll tolerate missing out on 1 month better than thinking it was all for naught. That way you can go for it next month. Unless your doc can prove by ultrasound that you haven't ovulated yet or ovulated just last night. All the best!

Thank you Dwrgi and Mirium. I just talked to the nurse @ doc's office and she said we should go through with it because "Doctor H doesn't put much stock into BBT, especially when we are using artificial methods such as the Clomid and trigger shot."

My spouse keeps going back and forth on it...saying we shouldn't do it, but then on the other hand, if we DON'T do the insemination, then there is NO chance of getting pregnant, where as if we at least do it today then the chance still exists.

My doc puts all of his faith into the shots and the timing of it... and I'm not so sure he is taking into consideration that sometimes, a body may react differently to the drugs.

Gah! I'm so confused and uncertain! I think I will ask him to do an ultrasound before the insemination... and even if I have ovulated, then at least we know for future tries that I ovulate earlier than they think I do and we can time it better. The sperm is being thawed as we speak, so no going back on the insem this month, I guess.

Now I have to figure out how to turn this doubtful attitude into a positive one for the tww. *sigh* Tall order...

Htj If it is any consolation, when I got pg in jan I only had :sex: after my temp rise :thumbup:

Thank you Dwrgi and Mirium. I just talked to the nurse @ doc's office and she said we should go through with it because "Doctor H doesn't put much stock into BBT, especially when we are using artificial methods such as the Clomid and trigger shot."

My spouse keeps going back and forth on it...saying we shouldn't do it, but then on the other hand, if we DON'T do the insemination, then there is NO chance of getting pregnant, where as if we at least do it today then the chance still exists.

My doc puts all of his faith into the shots and the timing of it... and I'm not so sure he is taking into consideration that sometimes, a body may react differently to the drugs.

Gah! I'm so confused and uncertain! I think I will ask him to do an ultrasound before the insemination... and even if I have ovulated, then at least we know for future tries that I ovulate earlier than they think I do and we can time it better. The sperm is being thawed as we speak, so no going back on the insem this month, I guess.

Now I have to figure out how to turn this doubtful attitude into a positive one for the tww. *sigh* Tall order...

Don't worry about it because you don't need worry in the 2ww. Put your faith in the doc this cycle. That's how they time it for everyone else and they're the ones doing it everyday so just keep your fingers crossed. Seems like they don't like doing the ultrasound before IUI but why not. If it would give some info about when one ovulates - it would be good! All the best!!

Haha! Doc was so funny... when he came into the room this morning he walked up to me, put his hand on my shoulder, looked me straight in the eye with a as serious a look as he could muster and said "When you get home, the first thing I want you to do is to go to your bedside table and get that thermometer. (at this point I thought he was going to tell me where to shove it! :haha::haha:) Take it to your medicine cabinet, put the thermometer on the shelf, and close the door. Don't take it out again until you are SICK and need to know if you are running a fever!" :blush:

So, apparently my doc doesn't think that BBT is a very accurate method when it comes to using Clomid and Ovidrel (Ya think?? :haha:). As concerned as I was this morning, I am equally as comfortable with the decision now... as right on time, within that 36-42 hour window (for ovulation post-trigger) I started getting just awful cramps. If I wasn't sitting right now, I would be doubled over in pain. :dohh: I thought LAST month's cramps were bad.... gah! What I wouldn't give to take an 800mg of advil right now!

Doc didn't do an ultrasound but didn't really explain why he wouldn't, just said they don't do that.

Butterfly - Yes! That does help my morale! Thanks! :hugs:

So, now, we wait.

Oh!! The new donor... we got the numbers this morning and WOW! His sc is more than DOUBLE what we were getting with our previous donor! Pre-wash, he had 150 million and in the wash we only lost 15 million... so we "went in" with 135 million! :happydance::happydance: The highest our other donor had was 50 million post wash!

So... here is hoping! FXed! Love and smoochies to all! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

HTJ - that is great news about the new donor!!! and yay for going through with it today!! All limbs crossed for you! :thumbup::thumbup:
(hey - didn't something like that happen for you a few cycles ago where you ovulated before they did IUI??)

Good luck hun:hugs::hugs::hugs::flower:

You're right, Mirium... gotta have that faith that the doc knows what he's doing! Thanks for the reminder!

Dash - Yes (good memory!) ... we started the first two months doing the IUI on cd 16... and it turns out that was too late. I was ovulating the day before we were doing the IUI, so we changed it to follie check and trigger shot on cd12 and IUI on cd14, and last month we were right on the money when I compared it with my chart. Hoping re: today's temp spike perhaps I had too many blankets on last night! :p Thanks so much for the encouragement!

yah HTJ - go with the doc's expertise!! I really hope this is it for you! xoxo

HTJ - fingers crossed for you!!! If it helps, when I told my RE I'd been temping he just said 'pffft' and wasn't interested. So I think he's of the same opinion as yours. They are the professionals so sometimes it's good to put a bit of faith in them. I'm off for my d&c follow up appt now...

:hugs::hugs:Good luck Manu !.. hope you get some answers hun.....

Sorry I'm still in selfish mode. Don't think for much longer though as I'm back to doing nothing but waiting. Anyway, I had my D&C follow up appointment - 10 days after having had it done. He did a vaginal ultrasound & said I could expect to continue spotting for another 7-10 days from what's left to come out. But he gave me the all clear to get back to normal life, exercise, etc. Tests on my placenta showed that everything was fine there. Tests on our baby take 28 days from the D&C. RE says there's no point discussing what's next until those results are back as at the moment we don't know what's next. All the details in my journal if you're interested. Wish hubby was home with me... I miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->