TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

This was odd, but had to share. I was getting my FSH tested at my fertility Dr's ofc on Monday. An older lady (upper 60's) was the only other person in the waiting room. I started talking with her and she tells me she is there with her adoptive grandson and his wife (they are back with the Dr.). She mentions they are trying to get PG (in their early 20s) and that her grandson is a very violent person, that he uses the F word every other word and that he and his wife physically fight. I said, "And they are trying to get PG?!" She said, "I know. That's why the nurse brought be back into the room just now...to calm him down. He was going off on the Dr."

Anyone else stunned and confused like I was?

htj- hope your us shows you havent ovulated yet and yay high sperm count

fly-that is scary

court- im getting sued. medical malpractice case from when i was a fellow. started last tuesday. the whole situation is just so weird. it is good cause i have to just sit there all day. and distracting. one of my co defendants is stressing out like crazy. im not lookinng forward to testifying but... other than that. meh. mostly just boring

doc called today and they froze 3 more. i believe i remember he said a total of 2 grade 1 blasts, and 2 grade 2 blasts.. this is why i prefer stuff in writing.. but dang great results. take that doom and gloom doc

Morning girls!!! How are you all??? I hope that you are all doing great!

I can't wait any longer to tell you that I have finished my marking:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::awww::awww::awww::awww::awww::awww::awww::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::loopy:

Well, I guess you get the picture!!! Took OH out for a meal last night to thank him for being so fabulous over the past three weeks-doing all the housework, sorting out the dogs, generally keeping me on an even kilter, ignoring my horrendous moods (who me????!!).

HTJ-I really hope that this IUI is the one for you! It seems bizarre that they left you so long when you think that the body tends to ovulate around about day 14 anyway. I am convinced that I ovulated too soon in my first IVF and it really pi&&es me off that we basically had to write that treatment off. Wonderful news about the super swimmer man-wowweee, does he live on raw Russian fish or something??????! GL for you, hope the pain eases up! xx

Dr S-wow, it never rains but it pours, does it? Great result with the frosties! I have a good feeling for you!! GL!

FlyFlorida-dreadful story. What is going on in the world? That man needs a slap and anger management. How on earth will he cope with the stress of a crying baby. Outrageous.

Manu-have written in your journal. Big :hugs:

Dashka-how are you hun?? Hope you're enjoying that lounger? Big :hugs::hugs:

Neesaw-where do you go now with no ovulation? Is that like PCOS??? Don't they give Clomid to help with ovulation? GL hun!

Chicken-how are you? Still chasing those chickens??? xx

Lil-are you home yet?? Please report to base at your earliest convenience!!! :hugs:

Lady H-
Happy 40th Birthday!
Hope you have a great day tomorrow!! :cake::cake::cake::cake:

Butterfly-big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you! xxxx

Pad-hello hun!! Any sign of AF??? I hope NOT!! :hugs::hugs:

Dr H-how are you today?? Hope all is good? When is your holiday? :hugs:

Asry, Fro, Purps, Never, Twinks (I know you're out there!), Madeline, Grk Princess, big :hugs::hugs: to you all, xxx

I am sure that I've missed somebody out-if so, :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Girls, I've been avoiding taking the call to deliver the meds. What does this mean? A-I don't want to fork out £1200!! B-the head in the sand approach! Got to do it in the next few days.

Love to you all, and big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to everybody!

Hi Lovelies :) :hi:

hope you are all well!

Just a quickie (and Ill write more later!) to say

Dwrgi - :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
:happydance: :happydance::happydance: :happydance::happydance: :happydance:

after all that work you deserve to celebrate!!!!
oh and maybe it's option C) - a bit of both???

big loves xxx

well done on finishing!

DrS - that fab news - you have a little bunch of frosties - although I really hope you don't need them :hugs:

Hey lovely ladies..

Great news - frosties as well!!!!! Dr S..... HTJ - may the force be with you... sounds like they are super :spermy: - crossing fingers and toes for you both...

Dwrgi - congrats on the marking... :happydance: - now to concentrate on YOU!

I have just started CoQ10 - hoping it is the magic ingredient to make energy in these 37 year old eggs, just went and had a facial - trying to relax.....!!!! Hope this works soon..................

Still haven't arranged our holidays yet - four weeks to go... oh oh... never mind!!!

Work crazy.... busy, hard and the like... note to self a week at a health retreat would be super... no point this holidays as DF2B too far away for any relaxation to be effective..

Take care girls.

DR H

Hi ladies,

I got what looked like a good lh surge yesterday at about 4:30 pm however my DH is out of town (and that's usually not the case)...so some bad luck/timing. He'll be back today at about 2pm or depending on how his trip goes by 6pm. I was mad because I started temping this month and decided I would start trying real hard to make 'sperm meet egg'... :) I calmed down after because I thought that timing should not be too bad after all since ovulation is supposed to be 24-36 hours after surge and egg can survive for approx. 12 hours. I've heard could be even up to 24 hours but I am not betting on that. What I don't like though is that I started to feel ovulation pains about 3 hours ago. Seems like the pains is no indication that one would immediately ovulate though. I hope not... :) Any thoughts on this?

Have a great day ladies.

Just left the Doc after my HSG and follow-on ultrasound to get a better look at a polyp for removal. Tubes are clear, but my bloodwork came back bad. She said I am healthy, but I have an AMH of 0.93 and FSH of 16.5. AFC was 12. She said the AFC wasn't bad, but my other numbers were. She said she was changing the recommendation from my initial consult (gradual fertility progression of pills to shots to IUI to IVF). She said I need to go directly to IVF. That I may be close to needing donor eggs (for my husband and I, that is not an option). I wasn't expecting that news. I held it together, but am crushed. My poor husband. Our military careers put babies on hold, and now my eggs are old.

38yo
Hubby 36yo
TTC #1 since last Aug and also tried in '09

No I know but I'm saying...mine are 2 yrs older than yours and look at the results I got. Age isn't everything.

Just left the Doc after my HSG and follow-on ultrasound to get a better look at a polyp for removal. Tubes are clear, but my bloodwork came back bad. She said I am healthy, but I have an AMH of 0.93 and FSH of 16.5. AFC was 12. She said the AFC wasn't bad, but my other numbers were. She said she was changing the recommendation from my initial consult (gradual fertility progression of pills to shots to IUI to IVF). She said I need to go directly to IVF. That I may be close to needing donor eggs (for my husband and I, that is not an option). I wasn't expecting that news. I held it together, but am crushed. My poor husband. Our military careers put babies on hold, and now my eggs are old.

38yo
Hubby 36yo
TTC #1 since last Aug and also tried in '09

Try not to put too much into those numbers hun. I got pregnant on my first IVF with an AMH of 0.2, FSH of 26 & AFC of 6. You can do it!!! :hugs:

Manuiti,

Thanks for the mini pick-me-up. The Doc was direct/to the point (which I like), but it hit me like a ton of bricks. Wish my husband had been there during the consult. I felt upset for about a minute on the way home, and am now either numb or in denial.

Honeybee-so sorry that I forgot you in despatches. Bugger with the old bag face hag. What I have learnt with this vile journey is that you have to go with the flow, and you have to suck a lot of sour stuff before you get to the sweet stuff, iykwim. Hopefully you will ovulate earlier, FX!!! :hugs:

FlyF-what strikes me is that doctors like to tell us we need donor eggs, and we have had this discussion on here before. We have to keep an open mind about that, as it is sometimes clear that their main motive is to have good success rates at IVF, and that will include donor and own egg. You have to go with your gut instinct, and there are lots out there who have got pregnant with practically zero amh. Hang on in there! :flower:

Mirium, I always have ov pains and always assumed that it was the egg breaking free of the follicle that caused the pain. Let's hope that the egg is in no hurry to get anywhere, and will hang around for hubby's fish! GL to you!!! xxxx

Dr H-there was a CoQ10 discussion on here a while ago, with many advocating it as a help for 'old' eggs. Supposed to improve egg quality. Supposed to be good all round, with energy, etc., which, let's face it, we need to have all the enrgy we need to get on with the marathon :sex::sex::sex: sessions we need during OV time!!! :haha::haha::haha:

My OH made a lovely picnic tonight and we went and had it (the picnic, girls!), on a cliff overlooking the Bristol Channel. It was lovely. Particularly being stared at by newly shorn sheep. Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Norethisteronecanneverspellthebloodyword starts day after tomorrow..... :thumbup::thumbup:

Love to everybody, raining here, it was ever thus........ :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi all.hope everyone is well.

thanks dwrgi for mention.got a call from clinic yest and got ultrasound next thurs.just goes to show how quickly things can move with a gentle reminder!follow up appt is the following fri.at previous appt dr mentioned stimulating ovaries so i presume that means meds along the lines of clomid.will find out sound.

love to al vx

I have to go back and catch up but wanted to say first......

Happy Birthday to ladyH - who is the big 4-0!!!!

and also Happy Birthday to Chicken

https://cdn.solidrecipe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Birthday-Cake-Photos.jpg

Hope you ladies have a fab day!!

huge loves xxxx

OMG!!! Purple-I came to school distinctly feeling like having some chocolate, and you do this to me!!! I will have to reach for the Chunky Kit Kat which just happens to be in my bag (it's been in there for over a month, for emergencies! This is an emergency!!!). xxxx

Happy birthday Lady H-I did all the squiggly stuff yesterday, but hope you have a great day!! And an even better party on Saturday night!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Chicken-here's for you:
Happy Birthday!!
Have a great day, and may all your dreams come true this year!! :hugs::hugs:

ok, I think I am caught up!

firstly - good morning all, I hope you are all well. the weather is appalling again - british summer time meh!! :haha:

Ill probably cross post because I am going to try and write a great long post - but have to do it in between work (work really gets in the way!! :rofl: )

anyway, here goes....

Dwrgi - I am so jealous - your dh is lovely - with his picnics and you have some beautiful places nearby to enjoy them in too!! have you made that call yet??? :hugs:

Butterfly - I really hope you don't have to worry about the time limits, because this your month - I am keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

Lils - are you home safe and sound now?? I expect you are catching up on sleep lost in your adventures!!

HTJ and DrS - ladies I am so hopeful for you both!! fingers crossed xxxx

Nessaw - good luck at your appointment chick :hugs:

Manu - huge :hugs: lovely, I hope you are doing ok xx

Mirium - :hi: how are you doing?? :hugs:

Pad - Im thinking pink pink pink and hoping that the :witch: doesn't show her face!!

Asry and Frols - big squishy :hugs: ladies I hope you are both doing well!

Honey - I am sorry about that :witch: arriving!! and I am sending you some :dust: for July, xxxx

DrHouse - I took CoQ10 for 3 months and then got a sticky bfp, now obviously I can't say that the coq10 was the reason but I do feel like it helped!
(and I didn't have any side effects from it)

Dashka - :hi: lovely, how are you doing??

FlyFlorida - that's terrible about that couple that were at your appointment, as Dwrgi said - how is the man going to cope when there is a screaming child in the mix?? :dohh:
and there are several ladies here who got pregnant either via assisted conception or natrually, with a lower amh - so try not to worry too much...although I know it's hard xxx

Never and Twinks and HA - I will stalk over to your journals but in case you are reading this... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I really really hope Ive not missed anyone, but If I did - I am so sorry!! big :hugs:

afm - nothing much to report here :) big loves to all, and have a fab day!!

Dwrgi - Ohhh I LOVE the idea of emergency chocolate - and I am so impressed that you kept a bar in your bag for a month - that is willpower!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->