TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hello all, happy Sunday .

Dwrgi - just want to say thanks for all your hard work keeping up with all of us. I spend ages reading posts and then forget half the ones I want to respond to ��

Hope there isn't too much work to be getting on with now, bet you can't wait till the holidays.

HTJ - how are you doing after everything this month? I think your testing day is same as mine , hope you are ok.

Lils :hugs:

Manulti - hope you got to do consult over phone to save yourself some money, it seems awful that it costs so much to have a baby when your struggling to do something others can do so easily. My friend conceived on the first time they tried without even knowing her cycle! And I work with teenagers who are the same, doesn't seem fair x

How are you all doing this weekend, quiet one for me as usual.

Could anyone have a look at my chart and give me some advice, it's very different this month to last month. It predicted I would ovulate on Tuesday 2nd. I was praying it would wait until my birthday on the 4th but with my limited knowledge I'm wondering if it's come early.

Massive temp rise and I'm not ill and it was tsken at usual time of day .

Any help much appreciated x
It does look like a possible ovulation on day 10 Hun. Will have to see if your temp goes up or stays high tomorrow am. :flower:

It does look like a possible ovulation on day 10 Hun. Will have to see if your temp goes up or stays high tomorrow am. :flower:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I'm concerned as its happened so early, thank god I got a surprise visit with oh on Thursday day9 and as we'd onto bd'ing in week maybe there was some good quality swimmers. Does this mean I have a chance this month or should I worry that it may have happened so early.

On Friday I had weird cramps and pains down left side, ovary area, I even had to take hot water bottle to bed to ease it, I am now hoping that's a good sign :flower:[/QUOTE]

You Always have a chance. Fx for you :thumbup:

It does look like a possible ovulation on day 10 Hun. Will have to see if your temp goes up or stays high tomorrow am. :flower:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I'm concerned as its happened so early, thank god I got a surprise visit with oh on Thursday day9 and as we'd onto bd'ing in week maybe there was some good quality swimmers. Does this mean I have a chance this month or should I worry that it may have happened so early.

On Friday I had weird cramps and pains down left side, ovary area, I even had to take hot water bottle to bed to ease it, I am now hoping that's a good sign :flower:[/QUOTE]

Honeybee, sound like ovulation pains to me! Let's hope those swimmers caught that eggy!!! FX for you!!!

Me and my OH avoided DTD around my ovualtion time this month, as we would have had to use protection (just too old for all that faffing about:haha:), as I'm about to start IMSI. I'm just doing my temps for something to obsess over, really!! :winkwink:

It may be highly fortuitous that your OH was around at the right time!!! That's a good omen, if I ever saw one!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't see it.. I think you haven't O'ed yet. Did you get a pos OPK?? Mine did the same this last month.. I was very confused at first but just kept BD'ing everytime my temp dipped.. I even spotted on CD12/13 and thought I O'ed because it followed a dip in temp but then CD17/18 I got my pos OPK and that turned out to be my O date.. So keep temping..I don't think your there yet!!

You can see my chart below

PS.. maybe it's because your temp is in Celsius that I'm not seeing it.. Not sure what you temp is..

ok I looked up your high temp on google.. and that's pretty high ;) Maybe you did o :)

Honey - your chart looks good! I would say if you managed to DTD on CD9 and then Ov'd on CD10 - your timings are good!! fingers crossed chick!

Dwrgi -oh my - it's july!!!! I am ready and waiting to cheering you on honey!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Honeybee-huge FX that you will catch that egg!!!

Who is BinksMommy???

For future reference, as far as sperm is concerned, anything that hasn't been ejected for more than five days get quite sluggish. Make sure that you tell your DH to clean the pipes out regularly if you're hoping to BD, but no later than about two days before you actually need him!!! Sounds very mechanical. So, if you think you're going to ovulate on CD14, make sure he cleans his pipes out on, say, CD11, and then abstain till CD14. Some say to BD every other day leading up to ovulation, but as your hubby is away this won't be possible, obviously.

Huge FX!!

AFM, I have to take norethisterone (a drug that delays AF) on CD21 of the cycle before my treatment. I could take the drug and be pregnant, and not know about it, so they advise to use contraception, or abstain, which is what I did this time. I take the norethis. until July 12th and should get AF about July 15th and then I'll start the stimming drugs.

:hugs:

Love to everybody, btw!! Have a great week!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Girls, you may remember my post about the SIL! She has finally responded. She sounds like a very unhappy, almost bitter woman. She completely misunderstood this innocuous line in an email that I sent to her, and thought I was accusing her of not doing everything she could to keep her pregnancy! As if!!!! OMG, I just can't believe how she got that from the line that I actually wrote. Anyway, perhaps I hit a nerve, but I'm keeping well out of it in future. I will deal with my brother only, as she clearly sees my inputs as something that they are not. Sad, though, when she is going through exactly the same thing.

People, eh??? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

aww Dwrgi - big :hugs: to you! we absolutely all know that were trying to help and I would have taken it as a lovely kind thing you wrote (if it were me) don't feel bad about it !!

AFM, I have to take norethisterone (a drug that delays AF) on CD21 of the cycle before my treatment. I could take the drug and be pregnant, and not know about it, so they advise to use contraception, or abstain, which is what I did this time. I take the norethis. until July 12th and should get AF about July 15th and then I'll start the stimming drugs.

Goooood luck, Dwgri!! I'm cheering you on, girlie!! :happydance:

.. I'm rooting for all of you on here!!

:hi: and :hugs: to all,

C xx

Goooood luck, Dwgri!! I'm cheering you on, girlie!! :happydance:

.. I'm rooting for all of you on here!!

:hi: and :hugs: to all,

C xx

Purple-thank you so much, you are always so kind and thoughtful! You're like a cup of hot chocolate!! :hugs:

Tiger-good to hear from you man, and thank you!!! How are you? Aren't you having treatment this month too? All the details please, Mrs!!!!!!!! Lots of good luck to you too!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ya lovely ladies..

TGIM - nope still not as exciting as Friday! May be thank god its not monday would be better!!!!!!!!!!

Dwrgi - sorry to hear about your SIL's misunderstanding but maybe you can address it with her at another point - not that it's worth necessarily leaning on/sharing the journey.... besides you are surrounded by soul sisters anyway and you know more than a RE!!!!!!!!!!!! A regular guru about all things reproductive. Good luck for the stims and the next step in the journey.

Honey - congrats re. surprise visit. GL and cross fingers.

HTJ - crossing fingers for you too.

Purps - hope the bump is good.

All the other lovely ladies baby dust to you all.......

Our weekend was great - thinking maybe charting is a good idea - we did lots of BD despite all the challenges of working late and staying at the MIL's. Hopefully it will have stuck. Just hard to know when things are STOP or GO. Trying to organise wedding photographer at the moment.

If get preggers now will be march baby - perfect if getting married in July. Can't next month - (april) then may/june ok (nothing wrong with 36/40 at the wedding then delivering down the aisle. Hmmm.

Will never get another saturday too popular. :(

Purple-thank you so much, you are always so kind and thoughtful! You're like a cup of hot chocolate!! :hugs:

Tiger-good to hear from you man, and thank you!!! How are you? Aren't you having treatment this month too? All the details please, Mrs!!!!!!!! Lots of good luck to you too!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purple is like hot chocolate... yeah, I'd go with that! And everyone loves hot chocolate :flower:

I think I'm tagging along-ish with you this cycle! CD1 was the 29th June, I start jabbing myself on the 19th July - husband is happy to do it, a little TOO happy I think! :haha: - and first scan 2nd August. The news regarding the TESE sample was not so great, they only check a minute amount, so we don't really know what we have until they are thawed, but hey, what can you do? As everyone here knows, you just keep going, one step at a time.

Oh, I had a look at IMSI on the good ol' internet - when I googled it, one of the results was International Maple Syrup Insititute! :rofl: Hmm, pancakes! - it sounds amazing, I'm so hopeful for you, darling! If our NHS cycle doesn't work, we think we can just about afford two private cycles, so it's definitely something I will be considering (if it's an option).

I promise to stop by more often! :thumbup:

Big :hugs: and much love,

C xx

Purple is like hot chocolate... yeah, I'd go with that! And everyone loves hot chocolate :flower:

I think I'm tagging along-ish with you this cycle! CD1 was the 29th June, I start jabbing myself on the 19th July - husband is happy to do it, a little TOO happy I think! :haha: - and first scan 2nd August. The news regarding the TESE sample was not so great, they only check a minute amount, so we don't really know what we have until they are thawed, but hey, what can you do? As everyone here knows, you just keep going, one step at a time.

Oh, I had a look at IMSI on the good ol' internet - when I googled it, one of the results was International Maple Syrup Insititute! :rofl: Hmm, pancakes! - it sounds amazing, I'm so hopeful for you, darling! If our NHS cycle doesn't work, we think we can just about afford two private cycles, so it's definitely something I will be considering (if it's an option).

I promise to stop by more often! :thumbup:

Big :hugs: and much love,

C xx

Hee hee, I wish I was doing something fantastic with maple syrup, rather than having treatment! At least I get the hunky embryologist to drool over!! :haha::haha:

So glad to hear your news re. your cycle! So you're obviously doing the long protocol. I really hope it works, and that you have some good swimmers in there! Please keep up with us to let you know how you are getting on-we'll help keep you sane too! Brill that you're getting the first treatment on the NHS-is it only one that they will fund??

Big hugs and lots of love to you!!! xxxx

Dr H-glad you had a 'productive' weekend!!! Lots of BDing sounds good to me! Hope you get a good wedding photographer-must be exciting to do all of this, or is it one big chore???!! Thanks for your support re. the SIL; and thanks for the stroke re. the info!!! Let's hope you've done enough to catch that eggy though! :hugs:

Dr H-glad you had a 'productive' weekend!!! Lots of BDing sounds good to me! Hope you get a good wedding photographer-must be exciting to do all of this, or is it one big chore???!! Thanks for your support re. the SIL; and thanks for the stroke re. the info!!! Let's hope you've done enough to catch that eggy though! :hugs:

Wedding photography very exciting.. it is scary though to be pouring thousands in to nonrefundable deposits while DF2B is making deposits of his own to knock me up! Its kind of hard to get excited in case we have to cancel it if you know what I mean...the baby is more important. We are looking at cheap and cheerful ie. $2000 or under or super expensive and awesome but the price of IVF. Mmmhhh... As we really can't afford either... its getting a bit tricky.....

Yes no worries about stroking your ego - it can't hurt you need some positive vibes flying your way... :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi girls, just doing a brief check-in. My mental attitude lately has been in the pot and I'm taking a break from ttc until at least September. I don't even want to THINK about ttc, so unfortunately, I'm going to be absent for a while. I'm pissed and disheartened at 4 failed IUIs and just need to get away from everything ttc for a while. sending loves to you all and know that I will stalk a bit and check in every once in a while :hugs:

Hi girls, just doing a brief check-in. My mental attitude lately has been in the pot and I'm taking a break from ttc until at least September. I don't even want to THINK about ttc, so unfortunately, I'm going to be absent for a while. I'm pissed and disheartened at 4 failed IUIs and just need to get away from everything ttc for a while. sending loves to you all and know that I will stalk a bit and check in every once in a while :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear this HTJ, but I can understand your position. It is a blow when you have tried four consecutive treatments like this, to not achieve success. However, I think that to move on, a plan is essential! I'm glad that you are going to give it another chance in September. Would you consider IVF, like Dr S did, with a donor sperm?

Good luck anyway, and take care of yourself,
Axxx :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"