TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

How are we all doing? Enjoying your hot summer/wet summer depending on where you are?!

I will not test.....I will not test.....I will not test.....

No symptoms really, UTI that won't shift, a mouth ulcer that won't shift and tender nipples is all. :coffee:

How are we all doing? Enjoying your hot summer/wet summer depending on where you are?!

I will not test.....I will not test.....I will not test.....

No symptoms really, UTI that won't shift, a mouth ulcer that won't shift and tender nipples is all. :coffee:

Let's hope those tende nips are a good sign!!! :happydance::happydance:

hiya girls.

getting excited re. the 16th soon soon.... will know. this tww thing is super not cool... went bowling today surrounded by very cute munchkins.... two little boys.... so cute if we could have one just like it would be stoked.

Out with MIL this evening to a concert. really lovely.....

No real other news at my end.

Lady h good luck.......crossing fingers for your BFP
Dr Squid - hope all is good as with you purps - our pregnant friends!!!
Dwrgi - hope you having a super weekend with the LOYL - love of your life!!!!
Neesaw - great to hear that you are off to get good advice - can never have too much info in this game
Dash - holidays and summer for you... perfect pregnancy vibes - GL
Pad - sorry to hear about the pants job and move - I hope it grows on you.. and maybe a change in scenery will be more pink if you know what I mean!!!!!
Honey with you re. infertility - it's a suck name - maybe a babymaking clinic would be better - what do you think!!!

Hope all the lovely ladies are great!!

I'm working on reframing the tww - closest time of the month to be pregnant - may be maybe... but it take SOOOOOO LOOONNNNGGGGGG......

Hey all.

Stay strong Lady... no testing yet! LOL

Enjoy your concert Dr H! Sounds lovely...

Dwrgi and Nee you on summer hols yet or another week to go?

AFM highs on CBFM yesterday and today.... BD yesterday and tomorrow and then Hubby goes tomorrow... so another cycle messed up... pah...

packing packing packing packing..... boxes are breeding!

two weeks to go pad! two weeks-woop2woop!

its going to be hard work this year as ammoving year groups.got to move out of my classroom but am going into a new hut which won't arrive til end of summer hols.all a bit manic.just can't wait til the 20th!x

good morning lovely ladies!

Hope you all had good weekends! I hope no-one in the Uk has been washed away!!

Bumble - your birthday sounds fab!!! and Im sorry you feel sad now :hugs: remember it can take 6-12 months to concieve in normal circumstances, give your self some more time chick. I am so nosey but I a going ask.... does you or oh work away?? how far apart are you? when you do have a baby (cos Im confident for you) will you be living together?? tell me to mind my own if you like :winkwink:

big loves xxx

It's my birthday!!! 41 today!! My God, 41 and going for IVF-am I stark raving mad???!!!!

Hope you're all okay-sorry about drop in temps Honey!!! Purps is right. My NHS consultant said that it could take up to two years to conceive for the over 35!!! Great!!

Love to you all,
Axxxxx

Hi all, how were your weekends. Mine was quiet and uneventful.

Dr h - how was your concert?
Lady h - hoping there is still no AF for you :hugs:
Dwrgi - how was your weekend with loyl? What did you get up to?

I think I'm out this month, it's dpo10 today and temp dropped below cover line and strong bfn. I'm feeling gutted, if it can't happen when I get to see oh the day before O then I think this is going to take a while. Ive had lots of naive optimism, at 39 you think I'd know better :nope:

Hiya HB, sorry to hear that you are probably out...sending you positive thoughts and hugs.....:hugs::hugs:

It must be a real challenge not to see your other half very frequently. At 39 I think the preg rate per cycle is only about 15% in women with normal fertility (I believe that its 20% at 37 where I am - really no different per cycle so I am indeed feeling this pain as well!!!!) and that's with 'appropriate coital frequency - don't you love that it has a name!!!" which I would say would be every two days between DPO 10-16.

Is there anything that you can do to improve your chances e.g rostering his work/driving longer distances/taking leave over your fertile time/changing jobs?? My intent here isn't to scare you or make you feel sad. However it would be really sad to wait a year or two not having addressed the ACF see above, because there may also be underlying reasons that you may not get pregnant easily that may not seem apparent - if the thought is only that it's a "trying enough" problem - when it could be a component of reduced fertility and trying enough that might need investigation or treatment.

Anyway if I or the lovely ladies here can do anything else to support you.. please let us know.. Really wanting lots of baby dust for you and for other wonderful TTC 35+ (elderly primips - gotta love the medical terminology) Elderly phuff!!!! phooey!!!!

It's my birthday!!! 41 today!! My God, 41 and going for IVF-am I stark raving mad???!!!!

Hope you're all okay-sorry about drop in temps Honey!!! Purps is right. My NHS consultant said that it could take up to two years to conceive for the over 35!!! Great!!

Love to you all,
Axxxxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a little internet Teisen for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: i have tried to upload an appropriate cake hopefully this works!!!!

Nothing wrong with 41 sweetpea, O and G friend recently delivered a woman at 47!!!! And now we keep our teeth and live longer - more power to you..

It must be a real challenge not to see your other half very frequently. At 39 I think the preg rate per cycle is only about 15% in women with normal fertility (I believe that its 20% at 37 where I am - really no different per cycle so I am indeed feeling this pain as well!!!!) and that's with 'appropriate coital frequency - don't you love that it has a name!!!" which I would say would be every two days between DPO 10-16.

Is there anything that you can do to improve your chances e.g rostering his work/driving longer distances/taking leave over your fertile time/changing jobs?? My intent here isn't to scare you or make you feel sad. However it would be really sad to wait a year or two not having addressed the ACF see above, because there may also be underlying reasons that you may not get pregnant easily that may not seem apparent - if the thought is only that it's a "trying enough" problem - when it could be a component of reduced fertility and trying enough that might need investigation or treatment.

Anyway if I or the lovely ladies here can do anything else to support you.. please let us know.. Really wanting lots of baby dust for you and for other wonderful TTC 35+ (elderly primips - gotta love the medical terminology) Elderly phuff!!!! phooey!!!!
What a useful post DrH! A bit scary for me, being in the "inappropriate coital frequency" camp. How on earth do I deal with not doing it enough to find out whether we are actually fertile??

Hmmmmm ..... I'm starting to think I maybe need to pay for private tests to know whether fertility is an issue for me. Anybody in the UK been down this route, or should I just go see GP and ask for tests anyway?

What a useful post DrH! A bit scary for me, being in the "inappropriate coital frequency" camp. How on earth do I deal with not doing it enough to find out whether we are actually fertile??

Hmmmmm ..... I'm starting to think I maybe need to pay for private tests to know whether fertility is an issue for me. Anybody in the UK been down this route, or should I just go see GP and ask for tests anyway?[/QB

The funny thing is that the first thing that anyone will tell you is to BD more... and potentially not really investigate you that seriously

BDing is like everything the 80/20 rule applies.. ie. some things that you do will have a greater effect than others...

So soft lights/music/partner massage/slinky dessert numbers really important three times a month DPO 10-16 - then you can go back to sitting in your PJs and ugg boots for the rest of the month...... and watching two farting ladies and coro street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex: only useful sometimes

being a doc i get to hear from patients re. normal - which ranges from 3 x a day to 3 x a year.... if that helps.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Amanda.......Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!!!!

https://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/6591/600-1280633646.jpg

I was trying to find a husky cake but no can do :( but this little doggie is quite a cutie!!

Have a wonderful day chick xxxx

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Amanda.......Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!!!!

https://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/6591/600-1280633646.jpg

I was trying to find a husky cake but no can do :( but this little doggie is quite a cutie!!

Have a wonderful day chick xxxx

How did you get the photo in the box!!! I too found a great cake but couldn't cut and paste it.. trying attaching but it didn't like it!!!!

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, Purple, Lady H, Dr H!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Viccat-the doctors will generally say that over 35s should try for 6 months before going to see their doctor. However, as your schedule means you won't see your DH very often, it may not be a bad idea to get some tests done. If you are prepared to pay to go private, it will speed the process up no end. I think your GP will send you for day 3 and 21 tests to check that you are ovulating. Might be worth checking this first.

Privately, you may want to pay for an amh test (I paid about £70 for mine last summer), and this will give an indication of how many eggs remain in your ovaries. The lower the amh test result, the lower the eggs. Unfortunately, this also correlates to older eggs-the lower the number, the assumption is that the older the eggs are, so may possibly be no good for harvesting into healthy embryos (I am including myself in this description as my amh is considered on the very low spectrum of fertility).

If your amh is low, you might want to think 'sod it' to trying naturally, and go straight to assisted conception.

It might also be worth your DH doin a sperm analysis test (about the same price as my amh test). This will tell you about how many millions of sperm he has per millilitre (WHO guidelines suggest 20 million to be 'normal'), and motility (40% and above are 'normal' range) and morphology (shape of the sperm).

The more information you have, the better! Good luck!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

A me darling, Happy Birthday!! how did I not know it was your birthday?! Did you have a good weekend celebrating? You know that you are in your prime as 41 is a prime number :haha::haha:

Sending lots of love and happy vibes your way today as always :kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::happydance::happydance::cake::cake:

Viccat - omg I just saw the puppy in you avatar - what a cutie!!!!

DrH - you are right! most doctors will tell you to dtd more before testing, especially as the percentages for catching the egg are quite small.... when you actually think of it, it's a wonder any of us are actually here !! I have to laugh at your last line.....

So soft lights/music/partner massage/slinky dessert numbers really important three times a month DPO 10-16 - then you can go back to sitting in your PJs and ugg boots for the rest of the month...... and watching two farting ladies and coro street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:haha: - that's about right!

LadyH - big hugs chick - how are you doing?? did you manage to get to comic con?? we are decided we are defintely going next year!!!

pad - i hope the packing isn't too bad lovely, :hugs: Im sorry though that you have to leave the home and job etc that you love :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->