TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thank you so much, Purple, Lady H, Dr H!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Viccat-the doctors will generally say that over 35s should try for 6 months before going to see their doctor. However, as your schedule means you won't see your DH very often, it may not be a bad idea to get some tests done. If you are prepared to pay to go private, it will speed the process up no end. I think your GP will send you for day 3 and 21 tests to check that you are ovulating. Might be worth checking this first.

Privately, you may want to pay for an amh test (I paid about £70 for mine last summer), and this will give an indication of how many eggs remain in your ovaries. The lower the amh test result, the lower the eggs. Unfortunately, this also correlates to older eggs-the lower the number, the assumption is that the older the eggs are, so may possibly be no good for harvesting into healthy embryos (I am including myself in this description as my amh is considered on the very low spectrum of fertility).

If your amh is low, you might want to think 'sod it' to trying naturally, and go straight to assisted conception.

It might also be worth your DH doing a sperm analysis test (about the same price as my amh test). This will tell you about how many millions of sperm he has per millilitre (WHO guidelines suggest 20 million to be 'normal'), and motility (40% and above are 'normal' range) and morphology (shape of the sperm).

The more information you have, the better! Good luck!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

huge giant :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for everyone else xxxx

DrH - to add a pic (or whatever) you need to type (without spaces) [ IMG] at the beginning of the code for the pic...then [/ IMG] at the end :)

or you can click the little yellow icon that looks a bit like a postcard in the advanced reply section, and then just add the address of the picture in there :)

can I ask, and this is probably a stupid question....but amh...if this is very low does it mean eggs are running out?? does anyone remember school biology, when I am sure we were told that a baby girl is born with millions and zillions of eggs, what happens to all of those, we surely dont use them all??

can I ask, and this is probably a stupid question....but amh...if this is very low does it mean eggs are running out?? does anyone remember school biology, when I am sure we were told that a baby girl is born with millions and zillions of eggs, what happens to all of those, we surely dont use them all??

Hey you... just so you know AMH antimullerian hormone is a new marker for fertility.

The thought is that the numbers of eggs reduce from the time that a girl is born with millions. The number that mature each month is about 40 at age 20 but only one ovulates then the number that mature reduces by 37 its 10-15 per month, with only one ovulated to menopause with lower then no follicle numbers. The rest undergo natural cell death (apoptosis).

The issue is its one number generally once. Some women have premature ovarian failure evidenced by a low amh, and others are born with lower amhs and the low number is part of a more gentle decline. menopause occurs between 40 -55.

In general low amh associated with decreased fertility/poor harvests low responders with ivf and increased mc.

not something that one would wish for. but its only a number and lots of women here have got preg with low amh.

thank you hun! Ive often wondered and now I know :D

I feel edumacated !

Dwrgi – HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN!! Hope you are enjoying the day!:flower::flower::winkwink::cake::cake::cake::kiss::kiss: Any b-day plans?

Sorry I’ve been complaining about the heat here when it’s been miserable in the UK! :nope:Didn’t realize – sorry! Won’t tell you how it is here today – but more comfortable. Hope you guys get some more summer soon!!:winkwink:

Honey – that was a nice B-day description! Glad you had a nice time. Sorry you feel like you are out this month… I can’t stand 8-12 DPO – it’s the worst time. I hope you can figure out a way for you and OH to be together – perhaps schedule some days off together ? :hugs:

Pad – oh I hate packing – it’s one of my least fav things… Have moved 3 times and don’t want to move ever again (unless ofcourse I win the lottery –in that case I’ll hire movers/packers!) Good luck hun and hope the new place has some nice surprises you weren’t expecting.:hugs::kiss:

Nessaw – the end is in sight! Yay!:happydance::hugs:

Dr. H- thanks for that great explanation on eggies!:thumbup: Hope you are ok!:hugs:

Lils- (if you are lurking) HI!!! :winkwink:how did you app't go with 3rd opinion doc?:hugs::kiss:

AFM – not much to report – think I may be ovulating today (CD 12) (but lots of ov cramping Fri/Sat (and bit Sun morn) so not sure why temp hasn’t gone up yet) and more EWCM than usual – so DH and I were busy on the weekend (and for once it was great that it was the weekend)…. Went to my parents cottage just for the day yesterday and it was nice and relaxing. Can’t wait to be on holidays as of this Saturday will be off for 2 weeks! YAY!!! :happydance::happydance:
But my boss is back today - so this week will be busy before I go!:wacko:

Hello , hugs and loves to all! Hope everyone has a great week!:kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs:

xoxo

Happy Birthday Amanda chick! Hope you have or are having a wonderful Birthday... how are you celebrating?:happydance:

I found a husky cake for you... so cute!

DrH I am so pleased to have you and DrS on here... so reassuring to have medical professionals with us to explain all the jargon!:thumbup:

Packing... hmmm well... the boxes are breeding... it appears I am not still... Grrrr FF is still not sure if I am or have been Oving and now Hubby has gone for 3 weeks as he has started work in Glocs and I can't move there until the end of the month. Even the dog has gone.... bloody Army:growlmad:

Hey Dash enjoy your Hols!!!

Hello Purps... it is also soooo very lovely having you with your lovely medical and all other subjects advice...:hugs:

Hello Butterfly... how is your unpacking going? How is your back?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Can't remember who asked about getting preggers.... I got preggers easily the first 3 times, with about 6 months on average between pregnancies... then a huge 3 year gap with nothing and then my 4th pregnancy. My fifth and sixth pregnancies happened a year later with no AF in between.

I have now been waiting a year and 1 month since my last angel left me.

Does that help?

happy birthday dwrgi!!!!xxx

pad-good luck with the packing.

dash-thanks.am making a start tom after school at emptying the cupboard in my classroom.got sports day tom if the rain holds off!fingers crossed.

viccat-I went to gp after 6 months and she sent me for cd21 bllod tests then ultrasound when they showed no ov.now referrd to infertility clinic although u/s showed ov.have to go for swabs and boyf booked in for sperm analysis.so get it kick started.

afm-i know i shouldnt complain but know the u/s showed ov this month i've got the 2ww causing chaos in my head this month.have been chilled last couple of months cos knew there was no chance.keep repeating to myself that am not pregnant am not pregnant....

hope everyones well vx

Pad I would say you ov'd but I think FF is likely confused because your cbfm is saying high! I think this is your first month with cbfm...is that right? If so, next month you'll likely find that peaks happen at the same time as temp rise and then FF will be happy again! It happened to me too the first month or two of using cbfm!

And thank you!
I just love hanging out here because all you ladies are so fab!!

Big hugs nessaw!
I'll keep everything crossed for you that this is the month for you xx

:hi: Hi Pad, bummer about all the moving stress and boxes, I know what you mean :grr: - still have lots of stuff hanging around from my move and nowhere to put it as I have moved to a smaller place :dohh: And I need to decorate round it! Back is just about holding up thanks hon

I have to admit your charts do look a bit strange and look like you may not have ovulated the last couple of months :wacko: I wonder though this month if you O'd a couple of days ago and just need a few more high temps to get x hairs :shrug::hugs::hugs:

Happy Birthday Amanda - hope you're having a lovely day!!

Love to the rest of you too, am off on holiday tomorrow morning until Saturday - AF is due Wed & we're staying in a tent - - fun fun!!

Will catch up with eveyone's progress when I get back xxx

have a great time Twinks!!!

oh no about expecting AF coming while in a tent..... ouch....

Can't do a "proper lurk & run" whilst it is Dwrgi's birthday :nope: So, Dwrgi, i am coming out of my hole just for you, my "spunky" (American kind) :haha: Welsh darlin':

HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::flower::flower::flower::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::munch::munch::munch::dance::dance::muaha::muaha::muaha::drunk::drunk::drunk::friends::friends::friends:

Here is some eye-cake :haha: for you, so I hope you enjoy it!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: & :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Attachments

• 51rZCy%2B3UAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51rZCy%2B3UAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
I miss you ladies!!! And Dashka, I'll post in a bit as I just wanted to pop in quickly. :hugs: to you for thinking of me though. BIL died :cry:, family drama erupting :trouble: (unrelated) & loads of other fun stuff :wacko:. I'm going to break out my British & say PANTS on it all! :winkwink:

But, I am keeping up with every one of you :hugs: & keeping fingers, toes & eyes crossed for some BFP's!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all & :dust: to those in 2WW!!! Oh - and sending heat/sunshine :shipw: to our British friends across the pond! :flower:

:hug:

Hi ladies,

Happy, happy birthday Dwrgi!!...:cake:. I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Lil Sluz - I am sorry about your BIL!!

I went to see my RE today. I scheduled the visit. I was trying to be proactive as usual. I thought that it would be good to discuss a few concerns I still had with him - like the bad infection I had after my 2nd miscarriage and whether something is wrong hormonally since I am not getting pregnant anymore. It's been 11 months now. I also inquired whether a laparoscopy is a good idea. I was looking forward to him pacifying me as usual and implying that I worry too much... :) because I feel so drained. I was starting to feel like I had done everything I could. Actually, I was looking forward to not being able to do anything more and relaxing but still have a good chance of getting pregnant because I had done it all... :).

But lo and behold - my RE actually responded to my infection question by stating that it could have possibly damaged the fimbriae in my fallopian tubes causing them to 'not be able to pick up' my eggs anymore. He responded to my laparoscopy question by stating laparoscopy could possibly fix that if the damage is not bad. However, he advised that IVF is best for me now. I agree - if only I could afford it. Still though, do I have to be that proactive on my own. I am not mad at my RE but I brought up all these questions on my own after brainstorming for a month or two and now he's advising & responding to them. I guess, they eventually get down to the nitty gritty but don't they know that time is of the essence?

It almost makes me wonder - am I creating things to worry about? I mentioned that my HSG a few months ago showed that the tubes are open however he correctly advised that - that does not rule out tubal damage. I honestly wish I did not have more stuff to worry about. That is why I arranged the appointment. It was to discuss these things but because I feel like I won't be able to afford IVF - I feel somewhat helpless. He advised that laparoscopy is an alternative to IVF in this scenario if I can't afford IVF but how much fixing could they do to damaged tubes. I've read that an ectopic pregnancy could possibly happen later due to problem tubes. Then again - I don't even know that my tubes are damaged. It sucks because there's never a clear answer as to why pregnancy is not occurring. The only info he gave that sounded positive was when he stated that I can possibly do good via IVF because my history shows that I am creating multiple eggs and responding good (to Femara and injectables used recently) and that my labwork history looks good. But, then again - I don't believe in anything anymore. Ok, I have said enough... :) Ladies, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. I just want to vent and let out my worries.

Has anyone had a lap done??

I feel very sad and stressed after this appointment today so ladies please excuse me for not addressing everyone.

Have a good night everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->