TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

BFN.

AF day 26. early. not pregnant. not happy jan.

will write more when red wine positive.
Sorry to hear that drhouse - here is a :hugs: and I hope your red wine makes you feel a bit more mellow.

What type of dog is he? He's very beautiful!
Thank you! He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback - one of two which, along with the cat, are our furry family. I see other people's photos and wonder how many of us have furry four legged kids? Our other ridgie had a husky friend for a while when she was our only dog. She adored him, and he was one of the only doggies in the park who could match her energy levels!

I'd rather not be doing it. My heart isn't in it. It's something that I'm just going through so that in ten years time, I won't look back and think that I didn't do everything possible to achieve a pregnancy. I feel like I'm throwing £5000 (which I don't have) down the drain, but don't feel like I have a choice.

Suppose, in my heart, I feel that the fight is over. Just tried so many things, and none have worked. But, with these 3-for-2 I feel like I can't walk away from it either.
Sorry to hear that :( I can understand what you mean about not looking back, and I sometimes wonder "how far am I willing to go?"

BFN.

Sorry to hear that drhouse - here is a :hugs: and I hope your red wine makes you feel a bit more mellow.

What type of dog is he? He's very beautiful!
Thank you! He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback - one of two which, along with the cat, are our furry family. I see other people's photos and wonder how many of us have furry four legged kids? Our other ridgie had a husky friend for a while when she was our only dog. She adored him, and he was one of the only doggies in the park who could match her energy levels!

I'd rather not be doing it. My heart isn't in it. It's something that I'm just going through so that in ten years time, I won't look back and think that I didn't do everything possible to achieve a pregnancy. I feel like I'm throwing £5000 (which I don't have) down the drain, but don't feel like I have a choice.

Suppose, in my heart, I feel that the fight is over. Just tried so many things, and none have worked. But, with these 3-for-2 I feel like I can't walk away from it either.
Sorry to hear that :( I can understand what you mean about not looking back, and I sometimes wonder "how far am I willing to go?"

I think this is it, in a nutshell. You always hope that things will fall into place and that you will never have to make the decision when 'enough is enough'. I know of others in the same boat as me. I know I said, from the outset, that I would do three IVFs and I WILL do that. I was heartbroken when I was told I had to do IVF in the first place-I never, for one minute, thought that I would never be a mother, but that is a possible reality that I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with. I can't believe that I am here at all-you always believe that having children is a God given right, and that, of course, you'll have babies and a family, but you learn, that this is not the case.

Thing is, my OH and I have a free 'go' where we'll only need to pay for the meds. I don't think I'll go for donor eggs if the IVF doesn't work, and, at the moment, I'm not even sure about adopting. I have been through such a lot, I just need a complete break from it, but you can't take a break, as a woman, because every month that biological clock works against you, mentally and physically. You have to keep on going, for as long as you are ovulating. :nope:

Your dogs sound amazing! I love the sound of the husky friend! Yes, they are full of energy, but great fun too. And, I agree, I think that a lot of us have furry babies, to replace the real babies we don't yet have!! My furbabies are lifesavers, as I would be a complete wreck without them-I am such a nurturer, and NEED to care for something!!! Al says I spoil our dogs and cat rotten (but so does he!! :winkwink:).

:hugs::hugs:

viccat - he is adorable!! I love the little wrinkle around his chest in the pic :D

Dwrgi - so next week is cheering week for all of us!! :happydance: :happydance: how are you feeling about now that it's imminent??

It's all bollo% really!!!

Bet you wished you'd never asked!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:cry::cry::hugs::hugs::hugs::friends:

Dwrgi - I would never wish I didn't ask you how you were doing! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I wish I had words to make you feel really excited about IVF or just great generally - but I just don't. still I care about how you feel so I am glad I asked.

big huge loves and :hugs: for you, and if its ok, Im going to remain quietly hopeful for you and will a bfp your way!

Viccat - i think quite a few of us have fur babies :D
these are mine:

https://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/louisefowler/dogs.jpg

it's Pickle (lying down) and brody. they are both rescue dogs we adopted from kennels about 6 and a half years ago. they were both horrible thin and scared when they arrived, but now they are little devils!!!!

I think this is it, in a nutshell. You always hope that things will fall into place and that you will never have to make the decision when 'enough is enough'. I know of others in the same boat as me. I know I said, from the outset, that I would do three IVFs and I WILL do that. I was heartbroken when I was told I had to do IVF in the first place-I never, for one minute, thought that I would never be a mother, but that is a possible reality that I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with. I can't believe that I am here at all-you always believe that having children is a God given right, and that, of course, you'll have babies and a family, but you learn, that this is not the case.

Your dogs sound amazing! I love the sound of the husky friend! Yes, they are full of energy, but great fun too. And, I agree, I think that a lot of us have furry babies, to replace the real babies we don't yet have!! My furbabies are lifesavers, as I would be a complete wreck without them-I am such a nurturer, and NEED to care for something!!! Al says I spoil our dogs and cat rotten (but so does he!! :winkwink:).

I didn't join this site when I first started TTC, because I thought "Oh I wouldn't want to upset anyone by turning up and then getting pregnant straight away". I cannot believe now that I actually thought that. :dohh: It took me three months to accept that this might be a longer road than I originally thought. Who knew my ovaries weren't age proof?! :blush:

I am still not at the point of thinking about assisted conception. Perhaps still naively, I am hoping that I CAN do this naturally..... :shrug:

As for furbabies - well my OH is the dog-loving nurturer! He was much more patient when Finn was a puppy so I know he will make a great dad. I have more energy for playing games, and like to think up things to amuse them, so I am the "fun" furbaby parent :D

Thing is, my OH and I have a free 'go' where we'll only need to pay for the meds. I don't think I'll go for donor eggs if the IVF doesn't work, and, at the moment, I'm not even sure about adopting. I have been through such a lot, I just need a complete break from it, but you can't take a break, as a woman, because every month that biological clock works against you, mentally and physically. You have to keep on going, for as long as you are ovulating. :nope:
Dwrgi, I couldn't agree more with what you said. :hugs:
When I started trying 2 years ago it never even crossed my mind that I might need medical help to conceive a baby. Then I accepted that I might need help but wouldn't go any further than clomid. When I started clomid, I said I would never even consider IVF. Now I will be on my second round of injections and the Doc has thrown the "IVF-word" out there in case the injections don't work form me either. Now I already changed my mind and would do IVF (at least once), so I can say that I've tried everything.
And even when I'm on a break from the medicine there is never a break from TTC because this little voice in my head always tells me that I shouldn't let a month go to waste. Will there ever be an end to this? :wacko: It's exhausting.
:flower:

drhouse, sorry for :witch: and bfn :hugs:

Honeybee, any news? What's your temp doing? :witch: still staying away? fxd for you!

Hi ladies....
don't have much time today -just checking in quickly.... but wanted to send HUGE :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss: to everyone who is feeling down....
Owl - you hit the nail on the head when you said TTC is "exhausting"... It is consuming, exhausting, mind torturing, and overall soul sucking....:hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - I won't be around much next week to cheer you on... but you know that I will be thinking about you and sending you the most positive vibes there are that you can make your dream of becoming a mommy a reality...:hugs::kiss::kiss: I kind of feel the same now... never thought that I would consider IVF...but don't want to regret things 10 yrs from now...

Honeybee - your chart says you spotted on Day 10...??? could that be implantation spotting if it stopped a few days ago.... in which case you would have to wait at least 3 days for a BFP to show up... Maybe try using a CB Digital test tomorrow or next if AF stays away...:hugs:

Dr H - sorry the big fat &itch of a witch showed up..... Hope the wine helped hunn.... I myself had some wine last night (unlike me) -just cause I had a bad day. :hugs::hugs:

Sending everyone out there big loves and hugs....just because...:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

dwrgi- *hugs* sorry. fingers crossed

dr h- so sorry.. id join ya in the red wine but.. i dont like it..

purple- watch those squishes.. boobs are KILLING me. got a leaping hug from a friends 6 yr old the other day. got nailed in the boob by his knee.. nearly dropped him

viccat- i have 2 spoiled cats.

viccat - he is adorable!! I love the little wrinkle around his chest in the pic :D

Dwrgi - so next week is cheering week for all of us!! :happydance: :happydance: how are you feeling about now that it's imminent??

It's all bollo% really!!!

Bet you wished you'd never asked!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi,
I haven't posted on this board before, so I don't know all of you very well yet, but I feel just like this...I started with my lupron yesterday and I am not sure its possible to feel more ambivalent than I did. Just wanted to let you know that I am right there with you feeling the same. i think you're on a shorter protocol than I am, but it's sort of like we're IVF cycle mates, if having company makes you feel better :flower:

My first time here too...40 nearly 41, TTC after 3+ years of marriage, and almost at the point of Clomid, in the next month or two.

BFN.

G'day DrHouse...maybe it will be positive next month for our hemisphere! I prefer to be 'white wine positive' but trying very hard to only be 'green tea positive' while TTC.

hey all.

am def on the white wine positive side of things tho yest i stopped at 2 glasses as knew i would down the whole bottle if i didnt!have picked myself up and got on with it.

drh sorry about the bfn.

dwrgi and all the ladies who commented on ur post.am coming round to the idea that things wont go as easily as anticipated.i remember when i first came off the injection in dec 10 and reading stuf about people taking 2yrs plus to conceive and thinking that wont be me but here i am on 1yr8mths since coming off and nada.

trying to be positiveknowing ive been referred and should get appt at the dream (infertility) clinic soon but disheartened to go onto facebook and see yet another scan pic.

anyhoo.6 more get ups to the end of term.thanks for all ur support. i wish i was as gd at putting into words as you are esp dwrgi and purps.but everyone has been so lovely.

welcome to our newbies i hope ur not here for too long.

my cheesecake is the gift that keeps on giving.nice big slice tonight!

much love vx

I have cheesecake jealousy! We had a surprise guest for dinner tonight so I give up the last slice of chocolate fudge cake to them. I had fruit instead - I should go to heaven, right? :D

Welcome newbies :hi: I've not been around long myself.

Hi Ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA. We went to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and I fell in love. Now, I want to move there permanently. It was beautiful!!

It looks like it's been a tough few weeks for many but a few BFPs which was good to see too.

Madeline - Congrats!!

Butterfly - :hugs: Keep us posted and please stick around. I want to hear about the progress too. :hugs:

Dwrgi - Belated Happy Birthday!! Sorry I missed it!! :hugs: Your post about not being excited this cycle etc. made me sad and brought some tears to my eyes. :hugs:

Purple - Love a Purple Day!! Wine and Chocolate and Neesaw's cake and more!! ;) Bring it all on!! I hope your dad's recovery continues to improve and keeps the cancer at bay, that shitty disease! Sigh.

Honeybee - How are you?

Arsy - Hi!!

DrS -
Congrats!! Keep us posted on the progess of the beanies!! Wow! What a surprise!!! When are you going to tell close friends/family?

Pad - I am FX'd for you!! My CBFM could be crazy too, but it always had the "!" which meant error, but it was always right, so I am not sure why I got the "!" but whatever.

Tigerlilly - Good Luck this cycle!! :hugs:

HA - Good Luck!! Holy Shit!! Wow!! Right around the corner....I will be on pins and needles for all you ladies doing IVF around the same time!! FX'd BIG TIME!!!!

DrHouse - :hugs: Sorry hon!! :cry:

Dashka - I loved Cape Breton! The place is gorgeous!! We had so much fun! I am looking forward to hearing about your results from July 23rd appointment. FX'd for you too!!

Manuiti - :hugs: :hugs: When is your next cycle?

Twinkle - :hugs: Sorry if I kept you away with any pg news. :hugs:

Mirium - :hugs: So sorry about everything you're having to process and experience! :hugs: It's really heart breaking and not fair!!

LadyH - :hugs: Sorry about the :witch: :hugs:

Neesaw - That cake sounds freaking delicious!! Sorry about :witch: too. :hugs:

LilSluz - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: What a tragedy! Not fair and so young. Sorry hon, you have been through so much. I truly hope a silver lining is nearby a.s.a.p.!!!

Juleswants1 - I had postive LH tests for two days in a row. It's not unusual.

FlyFlorida - I am not sure about the BC stuff. My DH does not have any sperm and I love him and would not trade him for the world!! I am sure your DH feels the same! I knew that when I married him we would not be immune to challenges, but that my heart/love for him would get us through them and nothing is perfect but we are perfect for each other.

Viccat - Wow! That is early but my CBFM was a bit wacky too. Like I said above, I got "!" after the results too, which basically meant "error" but it always worked. Perhaps you have an early or strong LH content but ovulate later (like 48 hours after LH surge or so..that is very common). Finn is adorable too!

KsLuice - We will all be cheering you and Dwrgi on and sending lots of baby dust to you both!!

Maddy40 - :hugs: Welcome and I hope your stay is short.

Hi to everyone else!! Lots of Love!! xoxo Fro

Hi everyone,

Dwrgi - I want to wish you all the best with your IVF. I really, really hope this is it for you. You have been so gracious. All the best!!!!

Drh, Lady H & Nessaw - Sorry about the BFN. All the best in the next cycle!!

Honeybee - I wish that this could be your surprise/rainbow pregnancy!!

Dashka - Have fun on your vacation!!

FlyFlorida - Don't put too much pressure on yourself hun!!

Butterfly - All the best if you decide to move on to adoption!! I heard that some women induce lactation to breastfeed adopted babies. I didn't know that was possible.

All the other ladies - manu, lil sluz, htj, chicken, purple, ella_e, jules, viccat, froliky, asry, tigerlily, owl35, twinks, drS, grkprn, maddy40, ksluice and anyone I missed - :wave:

I am trying to chill now. I am doing femara and IUI this cycle although I am not invested in it. I am just going with the flow. In a sense, I don't mind because I am tired of being invested. I need a break however I am thinking about doing the laparoscopy as my RE advised.

Have a great evening ladies!

froliky= when ? ha.. told my folks immediately and i think my mother has told everyone she has ever met. my friends knew i was trying so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->