TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Pad ...could that be an implantation dip?? Fingers crossed chick chicky for a pink sticky! Good luck with the packing!

Lils great that you got new opionions! It's helpful to have fresh eyes going over your details!

Dwrgi my dh said the same as pad, does she have any burly men friends who could "help" your tenant move? Naughty him! Hope you are doing ok lovely!
and
Nessaw and dwrgi -schools out for summer!! Yay ?..ladies enjoy your break, you totally deserve it!
Miriam is your lap booked lovely? Good luck with it!!

Honey oh sweetie it sounds like the hardest decision ever to have to make! You must follow your heart and do what is best for you! If oh is willingly ttc with you he has got the commitment though it would seem? Big loves xxxxx

DrS omg !! I read that article, what cheeky huggers those people are! How are you doing? Have the spotting all stopped xx

Huge loves to frols and asry and madelaine xxx

And hi to chicken and owl. I love both your avatars they always make me smile!

Hi to butterfly, off to catch up on your blog now, hoping it'll rouse me into action to paint the skirting board in the bathroom...I know it's a tiny project in comparison to yours but I'm hoping for inspiration!

Vaccat, I saw a pup today just like yours, he was all feet and ears bumbling along on the lead! Bless!

DrH are you on your trip now? If so have a fab time! Big Basildon :hugs: :haha:

Dashka I loved your pics on fb! They are fab, it looks like such a fun place! Xx

Ladies with journals, I have written in those too xxx

Big hugs to anyone I haven't named, we are watching the golf on tv and I find it very soothing, to the point where it makes me quite drowsy! :haha: so I'm not quite with it! Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Hello gorgeous ladies!

It seems that even the Hollywood stars understand where we're coming from:

Nature has got it all wrong: When you are younger, it should be harder to get pregnant, and as you get older it should be easier. When you are so ready, you can’t do it to save your life. And when you are 21, you are so not ready, but you are ripe as could be. The eggs should become more developed the older you get, not die slowly from the day you’re born. That’s one thing God got wrong.” – Halle Berry

I hope you're all having a smashing weekend.

Much love and :hugs:

C xx

purple- only had it the one day. started feeling sick yesterday. kinda sucks. was supposed to go to a friends bday party today but it is an hour drive (at least) each way. driving through san francisco on a saturday night is never fun. think im going to have to beg off

DrS have a nice rest instead!

Tigerlilly how are the meda treating you? I hope your not getting side effects!

Hi Ladies,
just going by memory - so I will have to do in several parts....

Owl - Good luck with the IUI!!

Honeybee - I'm so sorry that you are going through this.... it is really a tough decision and I hope somehow you guys can work it out and it it what your heart needs/longs for.

Nessaw - glad to hear you're all done now! Enjoy!

Dr S - glad to hear that spotting stopped.... :)

Pad - hope that is an implantation dip hun!!.... a pinky one.... Also I hope the packing gets easier - it must be really hard on you.... be careful just in case ok?:hugs:

Tigerlily - that quote is sooooo true!!!:thumbup: Hope your meds are treating you ok :hugs:

Dwrgi - how are you feeling hun with the meds etc?? Can you tell your tenant you have some 'police' friends...:winkwink::winkwink: that you can introduce her too?? Hope you don't have to worry about that soon anymore.:hugs::kiss:

HA - I'm so sorry hun - just wrote in your journal too.... sending you giant hugs:hugs:

Mirium - sounds like you have been through a lot too hun.... I hope you get some answers soon and a beautiful BFP at the end :hugs:

Lils - hope you are doing ok and hope the meds are going well??:hugs::kiss:

Butterfly - good luck at your info night!:hugs:

Hello to everyone I missed - hugs and loves to all!

AFM - :witch: arrived this AM.... I knew it when I saw spotting last night....So this cycle I had 12 day LP.... (as I manually changed my ovulation date since FF wasn't jiving with other signs) Just as I thought - My RE app't is tomorrow (Mon) and I'll be CD2 (and have to get an internal u/s right away).... I am a bit nervous :wacko: of the unknown. I can't believe it's already here. This clinic is supposed to be really high tech and really fab.... so way different from the one I went to about 8 years ago which was a small one (in a converted house)....

I have to keep telling myself not to take anything personally - as I am really sensitive and may get turned off by what they say (went to my sister's doc about 5 years ago and he said some things I thought were really insulting - but believe it or not - I am now waiting to see him again! since he is so good).:dohh: The one I am going to tomorrow has a good reputation so hopefully it will work out... just really far (have to drive and take transit downtown).

Have to remind myself - that as long as they know what they are doing and can get me preggers - it doesn't matter what their personality is like...:wacko::winkwink:

Dashka, sorry about the witch! But good luck at your appointment today xx thinking of you xxxx

Ladies ..I cannot believe its Monday......... Again!!!

im still awake on sunday so... just over 30 min left of my weekend.. i hate it if i dont go to bed super early. i have trouble going to sleep and then regret it in the am... sigh. perhaps it was my super healthy dinner of jellybellies (im sick of "ruining" foods i like cause i feel ill after i eat them.. figure i cant go off jelly beans)

Dashka, so sorry the old hag bag came. You knew she would. Please try not to worry about the appointment. I know that docs CAN be abrupt, but like you write, see it as a small price for lots of answers and advice. I shall be thinking of you and looking forward to your update. GL. xx

Purple, I'm writing this from my bed! My first lie-in! Xx

Dashka hope the meet goes well and they give you some positive info :thumbup:

Dwrgi I am also in bed :haha: had a busy weekend with the house so I might just laze and get some SUN :)happydance:) today! Hope the needle stabbing is going ok :hugs:

I've just got up - am very jealous of those of you in bed! Dwrgi - enjoy your first day off, Butterfly - definitely get some sunshine today - we still haven't got any up here!

Dashka - I know what you mean about rude people - it's really hard not to take it personally.

Dr S - it's 9am & now I want jelly beans!

Well girls, just come back from the scan. There are FIVE follicles in total, no little ones, and that is it. Three in one ovary and two in the other, measuring 8-11mm. Apparently, my baseline scan last week showed not many antral follicles either, so the dosage I am taking hasn't caused this result.

The womb lining is looking good, apparently, which suggests oestrogen which suggests eggs.

Right, I need clear headed thinking here. There is no guarantee that I shall get five eggs from five follicles.

Do I go ahead with it, or do I pull the plug on it? I know that my clinic hopes for 8 eggs for each client, but, regardless, you won't get this from all patients. I know that after last summer's disasterous result (when I DID actually have far more follicles), I can't bear to throw away another £4000 (drugs have already been paid for). I just don't have it. I also DO NOT want to go through a scenario where I KNOW it is over before I begin. It was the worst feeling in the world last summer, and I feel the same happening again.

Positives for going ahead-one of those five follicles MAY contain a good egg. It's a big MAY. I am 41 and my amh is LOW (I haven't got a clue what it is since last May and that was before two IVF stimms, so it will be even lower). Will I regret pulling the plug, and always wonder 'What if...?' But can I afford to be that indulgent???

I feel like crying but I'm trying to hold it together. My OH and I aren't speaking either as his Precious Ma has gone away, and is texting him constantly, it's just sickening. FFS. I'm just going to call him Timmy from now on.

I am more and more inclined towards the DE scenario, but I'd need time to save up for that. I just can't trust my old eggs any longer.

Suggestions, advice????

Thank you all, Axxxxxx
:hugs:

Good morning ladies!

Dwrgi - I wish I had more experience with IVF so that I could give proper advice :hugs:..... but you only need 1 good one right? My sister's doc is the only doc we know that will go ahead with even one to transfer. Oh this must be such a hard decision to make. And you sound so alone..... wish I could give you a hug girl.:hugs::kiss:
Does OH think you should go for it? Last time you said you had more follicles - but how many of them were of this size?

Oh hun - I hope you go with what's in your heart and we'll be here to support you.:hugs::thumbup:

oh Dwrgi - like Dashka - I wish I was an IVF expert, so I could you!!

how are these eggs looking in cpmparison to last time??

if you stopped right now... would you always be wondering "what if"
also if you stopped now, how much (sorry to talk about money) would you be saving??
if you went ahead and did DE....how much would this cost?? - is there a massive saving to make by stopping now and going with DE?? - would this mean you could ahead quicker with a DE cycle for example???

Im trying to think of questions for you here that might help......
sorry - Im not helping really.
DH needs a kick up the backside - now is not a time for his mommy!!!

huge loves to you chick :hugs:

ohh - what does you FS recommend, have you been able to speak to anyone there to discuss it??

Dwrgi - I am not knowledgeable about IVF either however my advice to you would be to ask your RE as much questions as possible. Also, would you be continuing with stimming meds/what cycle day scan is this? If so, maybe more eggs will grow. It seems like some women get pregnant with small amount of follies since all you need is one. I am inclined to say - give it a shot but, of course it depends on how much risk you can bear to take. Big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: dear.

Dwrgi - Remember my result. I had 4 follies in the running (all on my left ovary, my right one went on strike), a 5th one appeared in the last few days, I had no small ones. They retrieved 4 mature eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 normally, both were put back and both stuck! Ok, so I lost them both in the end, but that bit might have just been an unlucky fluke... that's what I'm hoping anyway. Anyway, as my RE said, it's nothing to do with quantity and everything to do with quality. You only need one good one to make a baby. But that's just me, I know I'm never going to get high numbers of eggs so I'll always continue, even if there's just one in the running as I've got to take every chance I can get.

Sorry that I didn't get on here earlier A, what a tough decision. :nope:

OK, so this is what I would think:

1. How much will you save by pulling the plug now?
  2. If you pulled the plug now would they give you a different dosage of stimms next time and hope to get more eggs?
  3. How bothered are you about using your own eggs?

OK I think that is the questions I would ask myself. So, if you save a heck of a lot of money pulling the plug now then that is one yes. If they don't have any answers as to whether they think they would get more eggs with different drugs next time then that is two yeses (?). And if you are not that worried about whether you use DE or your own then that is 3 yeses and personally I would probably pull the plug and save the money for a DE IVF. But that is just me and I get what Manu is saying about the fact that there might be one or two good ones in there, but what if there isn't? And what if they don't fertilise? I know, big what ifs.

OK so that is my opinion and I know everyone won't agree but such is life :flower:

Big hugs hon :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss:

Well girls, just come back from the scan. There are FIVE follicles in total, no little ones, and that is it. Three in one ovary and two in the other, measuring 8-11mm. Apparently, my baseline scan last week showed not many antral follicles either, so the dosage I am taking hasn't caused this result.

The womb lining is looking good, apparently, which suggests oestrogen which suggests eggs.

Right, I need clear headed thinking here. There is no guarantee that I shall get five eggs from five follicles.

Do I go ahead with it, or do I pull the plug on it? I know that my clinic hopes for 8 eggs for each client, but, regardless, you won't get this from all patients. I know that after last summer's disasterous result (when I DID actually have far more follicles), I can't bear to throw away another £4000 (drugs have already been paid for). I just don't have it. I also DO NOT want to go through a scenario where I KNOW it is over before I begin. It was the worst feeling in the world last summer, and I feel the same happening again.

Positives for going ahead-one of those five follicles MAY contain a good egg. It's a big MAY. I am 41 and my amh is LOW (I haven't got a clue what it is since last May and that was before two IVF stimms, so it will be even lower). Will I regret pulling the plug, and always wonder 'What if...?' But can I afford to be that indulgent???

I feel like crying but I'm trying to hold it together. My OH and I aren't speaking either as his Precious Ma has gone away, and is texting him constantly, it's just sickening. FFS. I'm just going to call him Timmy from now on.

I am more and more inclined towards the DE scenario, but I'd need time to save up for that. I just can't trust my old eggs any longer.

Suggestions, advice????

Thank you all, Axxxxxx
:hugs:

I tunk everyone have covered everything I was thinking, I wish I had some experience to be able to give you good advice. Go with your heart and guy instincts after taking all the good advice.

I can give you a big virtual hug though if it helps a little :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->