TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dash - Never apologize for long post, sweetie, we are all very interested to hear the deets & we like to hear other Dr opinions.

Wow, well very happy he was thorough & that you have loads of follies! :thumbup: :happydance: Seems like too little blood tests to me, but I'm not a Dr & maybe he was taking everything together & felt it unnecessary to do more? :shrug: I would have thought he'd pull out all the stops given your history of very LTTC - Level I & II Immunes, but what do I know? You can always ask when you see him next, if it bothers you & you would like to cover all the bases. HSG great idea - you may have had the sono which can also be called an "SHG" (yeah, I know they just HAD to use the same letters :wacko: ).

As far as endo, however, I am inclining to be more with you. Does this guy know how MANY women take aspirin, motrin or ibuprofen the first 1-4 days of AF??? Um, let's see - pretty much everyone I know (& me)! Along with :wine: & you name it... But I dunno much about endo. Its really good they booked a lap for you now, though, so that when the time comes you can take it or leave it - smart move!

I am very happy you went, are you? Wasn't too terrible was it? I know it can raise more Q's than A's, but just to start eliminating potential causes should make you feel good. When is follow-up? :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good afternoon ladies, I am just caught up ....

Dashka - wow there is lot to be done and a lot that has been done! Do you feel like all bases have been covered? It certainly sounds like your doc is thorough!

Dwrgi good luck tomorrow at the scan, how are you doing on making a decision? Big loves xxx

Lils sorry to hear about your poor foot! Ouchie!!

Pad:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly big loves xxxx I'm very interested in your adoption journey!

DhH ohhh have a lovely lovely holiday! It sounds fab.
Ladies can you believe that on a little ole thread like this on a site like this, you could meet someone you used to know?! Freaky but yes me and the lovely DrH used to work together!

Drs asry and frols big loves and :hugs:

Ladyh good luck tomorrow:hugs:

Nessaw and chicken and owl and everyone I've missed big:hugs: and :kiss: to you all xxxx

dashka, thanks for the update. Your new doc sure did lots of tests and asked you lot of questions - do you like him? Do you feel like your are in good hands?

drh- sooo jealous. love bangkok (well the rest of thailand more but... ) oh the street food.. have some grilled squid on a stick phet phet for me (or just lie and say you did). and lots of rambutans and longans nom nom.

Dwrgi - just wanted to pop in & give you some big :hugs::hugs::hugs: & cwtches & say good luck on your scan tomorrow! :thumbup: Wish I could come over to Wales & give you big :hug:

Purple & DrH - that's unbelievable, really?!?! How crazy - what are the odds! :haha:

Hello everybody! How are you all?

I can't believe that Dr H and Purps used to work together!!! What a small world! xxx

Lils-how's that foot of yours hun? Hope docs can stop the pain for you, :flower::flower:

Dr H-well jell of you! Would love to be in the Far East right now. Have a great time-Squid's suggestions sound fab! xx

Dashka-hmmm, interesting consult and lots to think about. I think it's absolutely fab idea for your hubs to have the fragmentation test, just to eliminate all things. My own consultant sits on the fence with regard to immunes issues, she says that it is a "grey area" but because taking the meds can't hurt, she will say to go for it. I personally think that it cannot be ignored, so it will be interesting what those blood tests bring back. Good idea too, to have the lap, and what a pain to have to wait 3-4 months. I have AF pains on the first day, excrutiating pains too and I defo have to take paracetemol. All my scans and lap have shown no incidence of endo at all. Hmm, but I have read somewhere that periods aren't supposed to be painful, so it may well be worth looking into. All the people that I know who have painful periods, are struggling to get pregnant.

I wouldn't have liked to have two guys in the room during your US, I must say, but it's down now, so :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Let's hope now that you can get some answers that will help you get your own little bubba; I so get what you mean about AD, and you know why you have delayed. That should be enough. What is the point raking over time that has gone-men!!!

Anyway, all of this sounds hugely encouraging, and I'm so pleased to hear that you can get things moving now!! Wehay!! Big :hugs::hugs: to you, Axxx

I ended up in Gayville on Wye today with the outlaws, and OH's fav place. Oh well, at least took my mind off You Know What!! Scan tomorrow at 1.40pm. What will be will be, I guess. Also wondering if Vile BiatchFace From He** has moved out as today was E Day (Eviction Day). Will find out tomorrow.

Love to you all,
Axxxxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just a quick post before bedtime :haha:

dashka - wow he took a lot of blood :wacko: but good he is doing a load of tests although maybe nbot great that he isn;t doing all the ones you want - are you still going to see that other doc that you had an appointment with or is my memory going a bit wonky? :wacko: I also agree that it sounds a bit weird about 1st day period pain. For most of the time that I have not been on the pill (about 4 teenage years and 5 years recently, I have such bad pain that I have often thrown up and have to take the strongest painkillers possible and go to bed with a hot water bottle (hasn't been that bad in last year or so but still need hefty PKs) and by day 2 pretty much OK, but I don't think I have endo, but who knows :shrug::wacko:

Anyway, dwrgi, keeping fingers crossed for scan and evil biatch having moved out :flower:

DrH have a lovely hol :plane::happydance:

Hi to everyone, must head to bed after a long day in the sunshine!! :hugs::hugs:

Aww guys... you are the best.. I know frikken AF got me.. and most unexpected as well... thought to be honest would have been a bloomin miracle if it had worked this cycle.

Dash... I reckon your new dr is a secret vampire... hence all the blood he took... is to feed his blood habit! LOL

Dwrgi... the best of British to you for tomorrow!! Will be thinking of you!

Drh... Bangkok... how exciting!

Hey Purps... you are Drs worked with eachother??

Lils awww ... you saying about fertility crystals made me think of something a friend from bnb sent me. It is a little silk bag and in it is a little bottle of blue sparkly dust and little bottle of pink sparkly dust and a rose quartz and a bluey coloured quartz... my friend told me that it has a 100% record and every one who has been given the bag always gets their rainbow, no matter how long it takes... I am the 5th one to have it and the deal is that once you have your baby you have to hand it to someone else... so WHEN my daughter comes it will be someone from here I send it too!

Mwah to all...

Oh, ladies...reading these posts can be so heartbreaking sometimes. You are all truly amazing, empathetic, compassionate, loving and supportive. I wish more women treated each other the way you all do.

Honeybee - Sorry about you and OH. I hope he gets over his cold feet and makes a decision. Sometimes it's scary to leap but worth it! (((Hugs)))

Viccat - Good Luck!! FX'd for you!! :baby: ~~~~ and +++ energy!!

LadyH - Hi!

Juleswantsone - Are you still lurking?

HTJP - Enjoy your reprieve and hopefully September is filled with new hope and good news!!

Dashka - Thanks for the update on Missy. Your RE appointment sounds a bit uncomfortable and you seem to have a lot of doubts. I guess, just let the doctor do what he feels he needs to get to the bottom of the issue and hope for the best. In the meantime, I hope he does listen to you and makes you feel comfortable and has good bedside manners. Sorry about the two in the room. Sometimes they do that if they have had a previous complaint about something. This way they feel they have a witness.

Pad - :hugs: :hugs: Fucking sucks!!

HA - I need to get to your journal. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

LilSluz - Good job on the doctors and taking charge of everything. Sorry about the darn foot!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you honey!!! :hugs:

Dwrgi - The ladies all had good suggestions of what to do. Good luck with the scan tomorrow and the eviction! Wow! Two in one day! Big day for you tomorrow!! :hugs: Whatever you decide, it will be what is best and know that no matter what, you did everything you could to have a baby!!! :hugs:

Klucie - Good Luck this cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple - Wow!! Holy smokes! Small world!! You and DrH used to work together! Cool!! So, now how many women on this thread have you now met in person? Probably the most out of all of us.

Arsy - Hi there!!! :hugs:

Miriam - FX'd for you!!!!! I only did 1 IUI and no :sex: and I got pregnant and my IUI was 24 hours after trigger shot!! It's as good of a shot as anything honey!! :baby: ~~~~~

Manuiti - Thanks for reminding us about your eggs etc. and that you got pregnant. It's always good to know that the numbers don't always mean shit! :hugs: :hugs:

Owl - Yeah!!!! Try to take it easy during the TWW. :baby:~~~~ FX'd for you!!!

DrHouse - Small world! Enjoy Asia! Good Luck this Aug/Sept. with IVF!!!!

DrS - Glad to hear all is well. Any morning sickness?

Madeline - How are you? I hope all is well with pregnancy.

Twinkle - Are you waiting to ovulate? I clicked that Sesame link and my browser had to close, so I did not try it a second time. :(

Tigerlilly - I am hoping for you and DH. My DH is the same as you but did not want to do TESE or IVF. I am hoping for you both!!! FX'd this August!!

Grkprn - How are you?

Bearlake - :hugs: :hugs:

Neesaw - I hope you and the exbf work out. FX'd for a good SA result and test results. Hopefully the wait is worth it all!!!!!!!

Butterfly - Keep us posted on the meeting on Monday (this Monday or next?). I hope the house is coming along in the meantime. Maybe the house will be ready just in time for a new chapter in your life? :hugs:

Chicken - Glad you had fun in Mexico!! What is the next step?

Maddy40- Good Luck!! FX'd for TWW!!! Sending :baby: ~~~~

Hi to everyone else, Never, Futuremommie, FlyFlorida, Carol and anyone else. I think LilSluz definitely has me beat on remembering everyone. ;) :haha:

AFM:
Well, I officially have a moving, kicking boy inside. If I want to make sure he's still alive, some ice tea does the job. I have gained about 8-9 pounds and have a small bump.

Frols -fab spoiler chick!!! :yipee:

I'm off to an appointment and then work in a minute, so will reply properly later xx

Dr H have a fabbo time. We lived in Thailand for almost 4 years & it was the bestest place ever! Have a ball!

good luck dwrgi.

thanks frol.hopefully get gd sa results although boyf dropped the sample as he handed it over to the nurse!!:)

hope everyone's well.vxx

Good morning ladies!

Dwrgi - good luck on scan today hun! hope it helps you make a decision either way... Hope the sun is shining in UK and giving you some hope. But either way we are sending you virtual :hugs: and :kiss: !!!! Good luck with eviction today too..:thumbup:

Froliky - loved the spoiler !! how amazing... thanks for the update!:kiss::hugs:

Pad - you are so funny girl... re; vampire...:haha: The little silk bag you got sounds very interesting.... how beautiful that it is passed on like that!:hugs:

Purps and DrH - wow what a small world indeed!:thumbup::hugs:

Nessaw - good luck - hope BF's spermies were ok in sample.....:hugs: oh dear - maybe dropping them would make them more active?? Just kidding :winkwink:

AFM - thanks for all the comments re: RE app't ....:hugs: Yeah I guess I feel ok about him so far - it's too early to tell really. I need to talk to my sister about it so she can give me her feedback. I am going to do all the tests he recommends but we'll see. Follow up is Sept.4th. So we should have results on everything (except for Lap - which I don't know for sure that we'll need yet -but he booked anyway just to get name on list). He seems pretty thorough and is highly respected - he is the Director of this Fertility Centre (so I think the other male doctor was learning from him). He has positions in a few hospitals (as Director etc) and professor at University. I trust that he knows his stuff.... but I am wondering how long it will take him to find out my problem. He wasn't interested in even discussing the immune thing yet - but maybe I'm thinking it is too early and he wants to see results on other stuff first (rule of other things)? When I brought up IVIG - he said they don't do that anymore as it is a blood product from hundreds of people and now they do intralipids (I said -oh great do you do that -and he quickly said yes and changed the subject).
I'm just going to take it one step at a time, and hopefully we can save some more $ in next few months (in case we do IVF) Next Tues. getting the HSG done. The nurse who took my blood says everyone who comes to the clinic is in their forties.... so I felt a bit better hearing that. I do feel that their facility is top knotch - a billion times better than the clinic I went to long ago.
But if he tells me one more time that I shouldn't have waited this long - going to :growlmad::growlmad: kick his ass!! I know - you don't have to tell me sir!!!:growlmad::nope::dohh:
(oh and if the Sept. 4th app't goes ok - I may cancel the other app't with other doc later in Sept. as he is not supposed to be as good as this one)
(Still haven't heard from my sister's doc - the one who believes in immunes)

Hugs and loves to all!!!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

OMG, Fro :wohoo: !!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: (btw, I cheated off of you last time I posted :haha: ) How goes yoga instructor class now that you've decided to take it up after 3 months preg? :haha: So funny...:flower:

Dwrgi, Purple & LadyH - sending big :hugs: & :thumbup: for today's appts! :flower:

Pad - oh boy, you let the cat out of the bag. :shock::haha: Wonder how many BNB women will be fighting for that lil silk bag after you have your lil Pink :baby: Padbrat :winkwink:. That's such a cool thing to do :thumbup: & gave me a great idea. We can start our own 35+ TTC #1 help-a-sister-out tradition. If I ever get my sticky BFP, I will pass on my Boji stones to someone here!!! :winkwink: :thumbup: That would be awesome, thanks for mentioning that! :hugs:

Dash - how was Cold Play?

Mirium - thank you so much for letting me know about progest suppositories not sounding rt. I looked it up & called Dr office & it s/b daily! The instructions were so frkn confusing... So glad you said something :thumbup::hugs:

I am still waiting on foot results :coffee:. She said it looked like calcium deposit on xray, but felt/looked like fracture so I'm in limbo... Its not horrible bc it is the top of my foot, but putting a shoe on is a diff story. Thank God I live in FL where walking around barefoot is entirely acceptable & encouraged! :haha:

Is it bad to get just a teeny-bit jealous of the geckos & lizards w/their lizard-babies? :shrug: At this point, I might not mind just giving birth to a lizard... or anything else for that matter (well, they were quite cute...).:haha:

Hi Lils!!:hugs::kiss: we cross posted!!
OH hun - hope that foot gets better...:kiss: Thank goodness it's summer and you can wear flip-flops..:winkwink: LOL re: lizard babies....:haha: you are too funny girl:hugs: Passing your stones to other people after you get your BFP is a very sweet idea!!:hugs::kiss:

Yes - I forgot to say the Coldplay concert last night was AWESOME!! although we couldn't stay for all the encores because had to pick up AD from parent's house and DH has to get up at 3:00am... but it was so great - Confetti, large balls (Balloon type) bouncing around the audience and we had great seats -9th row from the side of the stage.... Their opening band is from London - Marina and the Diamonds - Do you UK ladies know her? She was quite good too!

Dash - we cross-posted! So glad he is top-notch :thumbup: I am sure he knows what he is doing then! And intralipids are used to combat immunes issues, so he must believe in them somewhat & I bet he wouldn't be adverse to trying them on you? (they're pretty cheap & only fat emulsion - egg yolks, soy, etc) And very happy you are getting HSG next Tues - wow that was fast! :happydance: (but, yeah he needs to quit about the waiting so long - :grr::grr::grr: and he should know better with all women in their 40's!) In 1 ear out the other... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->