TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thanks for the encouragement Purple & Dwrgi! I need the positive vibes--sending them right back to all y'all! ;0)

Understand completely Honey, big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hia Chicken, how are you? :hugs::hugs:

Lils-I know that progesterone can cause elevated temps. Have you had your oestrogen and progesterone levels checked? I hope you have a good night's sleep tonight. 3.5 hours-:nope::nope:

Mirium-articles I read suggested that studies were done on mice, and didn't correlate with humans?? IDK, some say TO eat protein high diet, and others say NO.... So confusing! Thanks though, :hugs::hugs:

AFM, I'm having ovulation pains now, 37 hours after trigger. The body is an amazing thing.....

HTJ - I'm soooo sorry for your loss hun :cry::hugs::nope: I hope you are surrounded by loved ones and the next few weeks will be really difficult, so glad you have DP with you....Sending you a GIANT :hugs:

Hi Ladies,
First day back at work after holiday so trying to catch up… not so bad only 340 emails to go through for 2 weeks off….. But I needed to take a quick break ….so here I am!:winkwink:

Dwrgi – I’m so glad that your IUI went well… :happydance::thumbup:and that DH’s swimmers were good to go! All limbs crossed for you hun….:hugs::kiss:

Lils – I’m sorry about the BFN hun…. Not giving up on you yet though….:hugs::thumbup: Is Crinone the progesterone suppositories? That’s weird about the temp though…. I get that happening to me sometimes but it’s usually when I’m closer to AF (like day before my temp drops and I feel really cold). I think IUI is a great idea for you guys (if this month doesn't work)… if DH is willing….. so glad you got to get your feelings out…. But wish I was there to give you a hug when you were crying.:hugs::kiss:

Owl – Good luck on your Beta!.....:thumbup:and yes 9 DPO is too early girl!:winkwink:

4 ever - wow 40 lbs!! :happydance:that’s impressive in 8 months! :thumbup: Good luck are you doing IUI or IVF now?

Purps – glad you were able to take your Dad out for dinner and hope he gets to have his Chinese this week too! :hugs:Loved the last bump photo on your journal….:thumbup:

Twinks – I must have missed something with the taser ???? :haha:need to check your journal too... Hope you're doing well!:hugs:

Grkprn – happy 39 pre-bday for next week….:thumbup: I felt the same before I turned 40 this year… but it’s just like Purps said…. It’s only a number – I didn’t feel any different ….:hugs: It did though kind of give me a kick in the butt though to go see RE as I'm finally open to AC now.

Pad - hope you are okay honey!:hugs:

Manu - how are you doing?:hugs:

Asry, Fro, Madeline, Dr S- Hello!!! :hugs:

Hello to good luck to Chicken, Mirium, Honey and everyone else I missed!!

AFM - thanks for all the advice re: AD.. I think I've made her sound awful... She really is a sweet, loving child .... and often gives hugs to strangers... She is bright and fun and spunky.... She ONLY hits me... so it's good that way. I'm hoping that she won't hit other children as I haven't seen her do that yet with anyone else. My parents can't believe what I tell them because she is an angel when they watch her there. I really think she is frustrated over the potty training and I've noticed that when I put it aside for a day or more she is a happier child. But she is 3.5 and we started when she was 2 (off and on).
Dwrgi - we do have SuperNanny here too ... and I have recently started using the 'naughty step' at home and I'm now calling it 'time out' (not naughty step) because when you go out of the house or in store/restaurant you don't have a naughty step to work with :haha:

Sorry again that I brought this up on here.... I really only mentioned it because it brings me down with TTC and my confidence level.

but thanks so much to all!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Dwrgi - Thanks hun. I'm a little up in the air to be honest and don't know what to do. FF thinks AF should have been here yesterday or today (It wasn't sure because my temps weren't true because of the temperature in Mexico, I gave up in the end, and will start again at the beginning of next cycle) But AF isn't here. I'm convinced that she isn't due until tomorrow but I'm still 13DPO (I think) I was to scared to test, I would rather AF turned up rather than a BNF. But I have just pluck up the courage but I think the test was a dud, as I could see the first line before I even peed on it. So I guess I have got to wait until tomorrow now anyway because that was my last test. I will let you all know tomorrow.

oh and forgot to mention had +OPKs yesterday and today..... but I'm having my HSG tomorrow (CD 10).... WTF is going on??? I never ovulate before day 11 and now this month I get +OPKs on CD 8 and 9??? I will probably ovulate tomorrow now. (Don't know if that is a bad thing) RATS!! We BD'd last night but anything we do will just get washed away right.... The doc wanted to do the HSG on Thurs but I said I usually ovulate early .... he said well you haven't gotten preggers in 10 years so what are the chances that you will this month!?.... ARGH.....
Was looking forward to having clean tubes for this month's cycle - since I hear it's improves your chances after HSG.. but now it looks like I'll ovulate on the same day as HSG.

HTJ-so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like a complete shock, and will take a while to get used to. I am sending you long distance hugs and hope that you will find the strength to get through the next few days, weeks... Big :hugs:

ForeverYoung-flippin' 'eck, I'm impressed with you girl!! That is a brilliant life changing situation, and I completely admire your perseverance and determination to get there! If you can both turn things around like this, you will have the determination to do whatever you need to do to get PG!!! Brilliant!! :thumbup:

Owl-so hope that the beta gives good news. So, no more spotting? How do you feel? At my clinic, if you spot before OTD, then they prescribe more progesterone. It's all so complicated! Good luck to you hun! xxxx

Honey-you're in a very difficult situation. I know that it is easy for me to say, but I think that putting a time limit on things is a good idea, otherwise another 5-10 years will go past and your partner won't have committed, and that's it, child bearing years gone. You have to put yourself first. Sometimes, a kick up the posterior is what is required, regardless of any issues he may have. It sounds like you're fab, and he's lucky to have somebody prepared to wait for him to get his sh&t together. Sorry to be blunt, don't want to see you get hurt. Big :hugs::hugs:

Dr S-
good scan results!

Dashka-there is a character on UK TV called Supernanny (Jo Frost), and I think she's even made it to the US of A, but not sure about Canada? Anyway, she advocates the 'naughty step' if a child has been naughty, for a set amount of time. Clear boundaries and a clear sense of punishments/penalties if bad behaviour persists. You may be able to find excerpts on YouTube. Might be worth a look. I really feel your pain-it sounds like AD is targetting you, probably because she knows that you will forgive her (as we tend to do with those we are closest to). However, you want to nip this behaviour in the bud now. Big :hugs: to you, Axxx

2Have4Kids-hello and welcome! What is your situation? xxx

Purple-I met my OH through match.com (shock horror :wacko:) and, like you, we emailed and texted for a while before we met. It meant that we got to know bits about each other before the first date. It was brilliant. On our first 'date' I ended up throwing an entire glass of wine over the bannister where we were sitting as I was so excited, and my motor actions were in overdrive!!! So embarrassing. He went to get me another glass (which I now know is a major concession for him as he is so tight you couldn't get a needle out of his a%se with a tractor :haha::haha::haha:), but it's a talking point now, years later!!! Must have been lovely to take your parents out and I am sure that your father really enjoyed his Chinese! You are a star! And, strangely, despite generally being bored to the point of distraction with sport, I too am loving the Olympics. The opening ceremony made me feel so proud to be British, although I can't stand that pretentious toff, Kenneth Branagh (I'm not very opinionated today, am I????). :hugs::hugs:

Dr H-wow, Cambodia! Amazing! I am very jealous. Enjoy your trip, Axxx

Twinks-put the taser down, walk away from the taser! There's a good girl!!! Big hugs and love to you, Axxxx

Tiger-started stimms yet? Hope they're going well? What do they plan to do re. your DH's swimmers?? GL anyway! :hugs::hugs:

Manuiti-hello, lovely! How are you?? Big :hugs::hugs:

Pad-how are you? Are you 'in' yet? Hope it all goes well, Axxxx

Lils-how are things with you? Foot any better? Where are you at with your cycle? Did I read your chart right, and temp drop? In which case, HUGE :hugs::hugs: Thanks for checking in on me yesterday-I really appreciate your support, my lovely Flo Ridan friend, Axxxx

Lady H-agree with Purps, no symptom spotting, try to stay busy. Really hope this is your month, big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA-thinking of you lovely, Axxxx

Butterfly-what you up to today? Got the hawk out to do some skimming before you knock up the back extension??? You are a star! Love the photos on your blog-great to see the house take shape, but take care of that back, as you very well know!!! Enjoy the Kerdiff trip if I don't see you, Axxxx:hugs:

Fro, Asry, Never-big :hugs::hugs:

Love to everybody, and :dust::dust::dust: to us all, Axxx

All went well this morning. Had a HUGE sense of anti-climax after we dropped the swimmers off, as, of course, I should have been going for egg collection. Felt a bit fed up, but M&S's carrot cake sorted that out (actually it made me feel sick, so it gave me something else to think about :haha:). OH's swimmers were fantastic. 16 million per ml, and 73% motility, which is absolutely brilliant, so that's a huge relief. The insertion of the catheter was a bit uncomfortable, and I now feel as if I have mild period pains. I guess this is normal?

So, does anybody know what happens now? What should I do for the next few days? I have suggested to OH that we get a bit of You Know What in tonight (he looked a bit pained at that, which was Charming, I thought) (he also got my year date wrong in the clinic-said I was born in 1970. WTF?? :saywhat::saywhat::saywhat::saywhat: :haha:). So, any advice gladly received!

Love to you all and thanks for your support and for being there for me (you know who you are!!!), Axxxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Dwrgi, thanks for the welcome bella:flower: We've been trying for a while now (over a year) and I've been charting longer than that. I started seeing whacky BBT and AF went from 7 days to 3 so got in to do some testing with the fam doc. She thought I wasn't ovulating sent me to FC where we tried 3 rounds of chlomid, 1 with iui, july 1 natural with a chemical preg, 1 more natural this month (using softcups now) and then Sept going for IVF, FX for an August conception.

Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson s last month and I really want my parents to see our kids. OH's parents passed away already. Had surgery May 2011 for stage 4 chondromalacia patellae. The kind radiologist had called my doc so fast after the xray, OH called told me to turn around & go straight back to the doc's office. The surgeon dremmelled off some nasty bone spurs and told me I've got no soft tissue between the knee caps and leg bones and if I wasn't so young would be up for knee replacements. Needless to say, arthritis has been slowing me down and I think it's going to be hell to carry (pregnant) but I want 4 kids; I will suck it up. The knees swell like balloons when we travel and walk around cities, but I'll do anything to have my dream big family of 4, balloon knees and all. After surgery I said to the OH "Lets GO! Now or never!" He's great, anytime I say the word he's putting the soldiers to work. Strong Scottish genes and great counts (@IUI nurse started dancing with the vial in hand...said he did 64 mill/ml after wash) thank goodness for one of us.:wacko:

FC told me I have less than 10% chance with the low reserves...my guess is they're probably stinky, old, rotten eggs too(at 36 years old) lol. So doing lots of research, gleaning knowledge from the women on B&B, treating my body kindly-no more running & impact sports, lots of antioxidants & supplements to avoid m/c & stretch out the last years of my fertility.

I'm REALLY grateful for this blog and the other kind ladies out there. Their stories have inspired, educated, made me laugh and many times, made me cry. :shrug:

It sounds like you just had an IUI? Not alot to do next, after mine I did acupuncture where the lady told me to stay away from cold drinks. We BD more too just in case. Lots of warm fluids, keep very hydrated, stay away from stress, relax and enjoy your summer. :dust: to you chica!

Dash - if HSG in the morning, maybe it'll be perfect timing just before O time?

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! :hugs::kiss::friends:

:hug:

oh and forgot to mention had +OPKs yesterday and today..... but I'm having my HSG tomorrow (CD 10).... WTF is going on??? I never ovulate before day 11 and now this month I get +OPKs on CD 8 and 9??? I will probably ovulate tomorrow now. (Don't know if that is a bad thing) RATS!! We BD'd last night but anything we do will just get washed away right.... The doc wanted to do the HSG on Thurs but I said I usually ovulate early .... he said well you haven't gotten preggers in 10 years so what are the chances that you will this month!?.... ARGH.....
Was looking forward to having clean tubes for this month's cycle - since I hear it's improves your chances after HSG.. but now it looks like I'll ovulate on the same day as HSG.

That wasn't a very professional answer from the doc...I guess if you do get preggers we'll have to keep FX that the baby doesn't pop out a glowing fluorescent green colour lol. Good luck with the HSG dash.

Hi Dwrgi, thanks for the welcome bella:flower: We've been trying for a while now (over a year) and I've been charting longer than that. I started seeing whacky BBT and AF went from 7 days to 3 so got in to do some testing with the fam doc. She thought I wasn't ovulating sent me to FC where we tried 3 rounds of chlomid, 1 with iui, july 1 natural with a chemical preg, 1 more natural this month (using softcups now) and then Sept going for IVF, FX for an August conception.

Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson s last month and I really want my parents to see our kids. OH's parents passed away already. Had surgery May 2011 for stage 4 chondromalacia patellae. The kind radiologist had called my doc so fast after the xray, OH called told me to turn around & go straight back to the doc's office. The surgeon dremmelled off some nasty bone spurs and told me I've got no soft tissue between the knee caps and leg bones and if I wasn't so young would be up for knee replacements. Needless to say, arthritis has been slowing me down and I think it's going to be hell to carry (pregnant) but I want 4 kids; I will suck it up. The knees swell like balloons when we travel and walk around cities, but I'll do anything to have my dream big family of 4, balloon knees and all. After surgery I said to the OH "Lets GO! Now or never!" He's great, anytime I say the word he's putting the soldiers to work. Strong Scottish genes and great counts (@IUI nurse started dancing with the vial in hand...said he did 64 mill/ml after wash) thank goodness for one of us.:wacko:

FC told me I have less than 10% chance with the low reserves...my guess is they're probably stinky, old, rotten eggs too(at 36 years old) lol. So doing lots of research, gleaning knowledge from the women on B&B, treating my body kindly-no more running & impact sports, lots of antioxidants & supplements to avoid m/c & stretch out the last years of my fertility.

I'm REALLY grateful for this blog and the other kind ladies out there. Their stories have inspired, educated, made me laugh and many times, made me cry. :shrug:

It sounds like you just had an IUI? Not alot to do next, after mine I did acupuncture where the lady told me to stay away from cold drinks. We BD more too just in case. Lots of warm fluids, keep very hydrated, stay away from stress, relax and enjoy your summer. :dust: to you chica!

My, you've been through it, but you sound like a very strong lady! Very good idea about increasing intake of antioxdants, etc. Glad you've found this site helpful-the support on here is really wonderful, as I'm sure you will find out.

Glad that your DH is on side, and woweee for those numbers! I'd be dancing too, if I were that nurse! I was pleased about my OH's numbers, as in our first IUI which was aborted, he had four (yes, FOUR: one, two, three, four!) healthy sperm!!!

Thanks for the advice re. warm fluids. I've been knocking back cold water all day, so will put that right, pronto!

Anyway, a huge welcome to you, and I hope you realise your dream of 4 babies, dodgy knees or no!!!! :winkwink::winkwink:

Ax :hugs::hugs:

thanks Lils - the HSG isn't until afternoon.... I just left a message with clinic to ask if I should cancel....and they called back with a message asking if I WANT to cancel? I left them another saying I don't want to cancel but just want to know if it's a problem that it's the same day? (ie. will it be more painful etc)
Guess we just won't BD tonight if I do... (and although we did last night ... what are the chances right ..)

2have 4 kids - Welcome!! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.... I hope you get your BFP soon!... Also with the arthritis.... you may want to get tested for immune issues....Is this arthritis considered auto immune? If so, then that could be hindering fertility. Good luck!!

Dash, maybe since +OPK so early you won't ov until after? maybe you can go home right after & dtd? That's weird that happened ot you bc I usually get +OPK & ov within 6-12 hrs of it. This last cycle I got +OPK early (CD17 vs CD21) but didn't O until CD19 - so 48 hours later -??? maybe that will happen to you? Worse comes to worst, you have to sit the cycle out, are you willing to do that? But gosh if you O right after, talk about sticky-perfect timing!?

Dwrgi/2have4 - that jogged a memory - I had also heard about not having ice-cold drinks! Yikes, I'm glad I don't do that generally. I think RE told me that & a Dr Chinese medicine (warmth = blood flow too which is definitely what you want! Just not overheated obviously)

Oh yeah - Dash Crinone is progesterone - I keep saying suppository but its not really. Its a cream that just goes up the who-ha. I wanted to mention that to you bc I remember my Dr CM telling me that really the best place for me to rub the prog cream was up the vajayjay & or all around/inside. (sorry if TMI). So it may be something right up your alley if they do prescribe it to you :winkwink:

thanks Lils - I think the nat progesterone cream I get is different - just topically on breasts, inner arms, inner thighs etc.... But if I do end up getting the crinone with treatments I'll remember that!
My sister did the progesterone supp + the progesterone injections - in the butt! at the same time - ouch

My, you've been through it, but you sound like a very strong lady! Very good idea about increasing intake of antioxdants, etc. Glad you've found this site helpful-the support on here is really wonderful, as I'm sure you will find out.

Glad that your DH is on side, and woweee for those numbers! I'd be dancing too, if I were that nurse! I was pleased about my OH's numbers, as in our first IUI which was aborted, he had four (yes, FOUR: one, two, three, four!) healthy sperm!!!

Thanks for the advice re. warm fluids. I've been knocking back cold water all day, so will put that right, pronto!

Anyway, a huge welcome to you, and I hope you realise your dream of 4 babies, dodgy knees or no!!!! :winkwink::winkwink:

Ax :hugs::hugs:

4 healthy ones DWRGI? How did that happen? His numbers are great now - thank goodness. I don't get why OH has such great numbers, I know when he's not eating my home cooking (healthy stirfrys and LOTS of vegg) he's shovelling back burgers & fishn' chips. The scots drink alot too, he's never said no to a wine, beer or whiskey. :dohh:

Dash I will ask them about immune function/fertility. I've had this in the back of my head for a long time and said nothing but I've read a little on it, it seems rare but I should go the length and tell the clinic about it. I'm sure I wrote it in my chart, I'm off work now and will give them a call. Thanks for the advice.:thumbup:

I feel the need to explain about the taser as I'm actually feeling quite chilled atm & don't have the need to take anyone down (enjoy it while it lasts kids!)

In a previous post Dwrgi wrote - 'Twinks have you started stunning yet?' (I think she'd got a bit mixed up!) & it just made me imagine running round stunning people who irritated me!

Don't worry you've not missed anything exciting, but you're always welcome over at Chez Twinkle!

Love & hugs to all xx

Dwirgi - glad to hear your IUI went so good!!! :happydance::happydance: And what fab results with the :spermy: wowee!! :thumbup: My gyn just said to bd the next day too, so we did and that was the only time in that cycle :haha: well we actually went for a trip then and had company so no place for it anyhow - and I hated to bd while on prog.supps as they are so messy!! Did you get pregnyl shot? I remember testing it out and on dpiui10 it was neg, then 11 pos ;)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dashka - good luck with the HSG, hope O doesn't show up untill after hsg, I guess they'll tell you if the eggy's still there before hsg, so if yes then....:thumbup:

HTJ- I am so sorry for your loss hun..:hugs::hugs::hugs:

All the lovelies here, I'm rooting for you:happydance:!! And pregger ones, keep em babies comfy :flower:

Hi Ladies... it had been my intention to start coming back as a regular this weekend, but my whole world turned upside down when I received a call on Saturday morning that my mother died suddenly during the night on Friday. She was only 62 years old. After DP managed to pick me up off the floor, my very next thought was that my mother will never get to hold any of the childern I hope to have...

The last 36 hours have been the most difficult of my life...and we have to prolong the pain to give family enough time to get here from around the world. My father is devastated and so lost... so DP, my sis and bro-in-law and mom's two grand daughters will be here with him all week.

I never understood how DP managed the pain of losing her parents far too soon... guess I'll have to figure that out myself...

Sorry for bad news, but wanted to explain why my return to BnB and ttc will be severely delayed. Much love to all...

I just wanted to send you my deepest condolences. I lost my father in January and it was completely out of the blue - he passed in his sleep - so I have some idea of what you're going through. I also lost my mum to Cancer in 2009, so I understand that nagging thought of them (grandparents and your future children) not knowing eachother. I like to think that they'll always be looking down on us, keeping an eye on all of us.

It's very difficult trying to cope with the emotions of a cycle on top of anything else - we're completing the sale of my dad's house in the midst of my first ICSI cycle!! - but if you can take the time out, it's such a good idea. You need to come to terms with the loss, which is so hard when it's completely unexpected, even now when the phone goes I think it must be my dad with one of his daft jokes.

Please look after yourself and take as much time as you need.

Much love and loads of :hugs:

C xx

I feel the need to explain about the taser as I'm actually feeling quite chilled atm & don't have the need to take anyone down (enjoy it while it lasts kids!)

In a previous post Dwrgi wrote - 'Twinks have you started stunning yet?' (I think she'd got a bit mixed up!) & it just made me imagine running round stunning people who irritated me!

Don't worry you've not missed anything exciting, but you're always welcome over at Chez Twinkle!

Love & hugs to all xx

I'm such a doofus Rufus! Quite a funny analogy though, you stunner! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back