TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi lovelies.

struggling to take it all in at the mo.

Was going to prescribe lots and lots of bds during hurricane sandy for our american ladies...

times of crisis = time to get up the duff

We had a nationwide blackout some years ago and lo and behold 9 months later there was a baby boom LOL!!!

Happy :sex: everyone! :D

Hi ladies!

Dr H- I was sure I posted you a separate post yesterday - but now it's gone???
CONGRATS hun!!! yay you were right!!! So happy for you :thumbup::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Purps - I need to check your journal - but I hope your Dad is okay hun...sending you lots of :hugs::hugs:

I got to work really late today (11am) so don't have a lot of time on here - but just wanted to say hi and send hugs to all!! :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - all good at clinic today and my ER is set for this Thursday :thumbup:(and transfer Sunday) Doc says I have 6-10 good sized follies (and lots of smaller ones) Giving myself trigger shot tonight at 1:00am. Last day of work today before I'm off until next Thursday....I am getting excited now... please please please let it all go smoothly [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

As for the storm - we just had a heck of a lot of wind and many without power -but nothing nothing compared to US..... I feel so badly for everyone there..... Hope everyone's friends and family are ok in US!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purps – oh no, honey :hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope your dad is doing better now? Please give us an update & hang in there hun :flower:. Also, thanks for the pic-in-a-spoiler instructions! I have saved them now :thumbup:

Pebble – Stay dry today!!! What do you have a Dr in? Also, very glad you decided to sit this cycle out. That worried me a bit. Better to be safe than sorry – you don’t want to go thru this again, hun. It’s tough, but you can do it – just take that :wine: duty very seriously :haha:. Also, very surprised that the use of spoilers incited mass chaos? Maybe it’s just the sensitive threads like 35+, LTTC, RMC, etc that really know how heartbreaking one person’s good news can be for another who is experiencing loss or failure. :nope: That’s OK, you found the best thread anyway :winkwink::haha:.

BF – got my crosshairs today, so I think you were right! I kinda had symptoms after, so maybe it was CD22, but whatever – close enough! I’m just complete crap at my own chart – I do way better with others’ charts – maybe because I’m the one that’s in the middle of it all (forest thru the trees thing?). How’s that back doing? Funny, I was recently thinking of Nikki, too!? Maybe she delivered her pkg & we all just have “that ESPN thing” going. :winkwink::haha:

Dwrgi – yeah, those stats are dismal. I never knew.:nope: But for those girls that haven’t been able to pet pregs at all, it seems IVF works best for them – well, usually. I love your suggestion of the Baby Making Bible by Emma Cannon (I know it was via email, but thought I’d mention in case anyone else interested). I’m not a “how to” or reference book kind of person, but I like how it is supposed to identify your unique body type & then tell you what your unique difficulties are & devise a plan from there, so that’s different than the rest - thanks! :thumbup: And yes, with DE I agree – it does take a while & a lot of soul-searching to get thee, but some women do get to that point. And all of the women I know who have done it were chocked & dismayed that they hadn’t done it sooner – no regrets whatsoever. And not just the nourishment part which is an excellent point, but also so many personality & character traits come from a child’s parents & environment, too! :thumbup: Hope you are doing well today, lovely :flower:

Maddy – Ah, I was thinking of Thailand when I wrote that, but wasn’t sure where you lived – and its seriously the same price :shock:? That’s either super-great for living in Australia, or super-expensive for Thailand! I’m hoping it’s the latter if (& only if) you need a back-up plan.

La Berg – you’ll get used to it! Doesn’t look like O has happened yet, how long are your cycles usually?

Ness –
one day at a time, chic – you’ll do just fine. :thumbup: Yay for 1st appt!

Moon – yup, tried reverse psychology & just got me absolute 0% chance of BFP – lol. I’ve tried everything until it came down to talking to him & trying to make him understand that his role is only a few days every 5 weeks (not even every month!) & explain what I do on a daily basis. He just has to be reminded of that - monthly. :wacko: Na, its just that it’s a good 7-9 day process (mine takes forever) so at the very end when it really counts, honestly after 22 months of this, we are both tired old fogeys! And take whatever time you need for TTC – everyone is different. :flower: I am really glad you got out & had some fun, honey. That’s really important – and so is :wine: duty!

Dash – Trigger shot day yet? Gotta get to your journal! How’s the weather there – are you getting Sandy now? Is it really cold there? (maybe it will snow instead of rain?). Thanks for attempting at the chart – I do always get a dip at 3-4DPO – every single cycle no matter what, so it makes better sense now. OH, I don’t know why it didn’t click at the time :dohh: about wearing orange that Dwrgi had mentioned? Orange just so happens to be the color of your sacral chakra!!! :thumbup: I’m not even sure Dwrgi knew that, so it’s so interesting that she mentioned that there were studies and wham – put it altogether???? Here you go:

The Sacral Chakra [Swadisthana] is located in the sacrum (hence the name) and is considered to correspond to the testes or the ovaries that produce the various sex hormones involved in the reproductive cycle. Swadisthana is also considered to be related to, more generally, the genitourinary system and the adrenals. The key issues involving Swadisthana are relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, Swadisthana governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm

I’ll post more on your journal…

HA – hey honey :flower: No farting rainbows allowed, there lady! :haha: Have to get to your journal but how you are doing well :hugs: You must be getting some yucky weather too! :nope:

Pad – roll-on Halloween :happydance:. Of course we support you, chick!!! :winkwink::hugs::hugs::hugs: I got in a hurricane party on Sat. - right at the beach! :happydance:. You’d be proud. :thumbup:

DrH –
Still over the moon for you hun!!! So happy & excited for you! I know UK doesn’t usually do it, but being that you’re now in Aus, and you’re conveniently a Dr., would you do bloods on yourself, or will you follow the protocol in the UK w/the midwife appt 1st? Just curious! :hugs:

Green – thanks hun! I’m sure you get your fair share of hurricanes/typhoons there too? Funny about the blackout “results” – let’s hope Sandy brought forth lil sandies, too!

:hi: everyone else & :hugs:!

AFM – just wanted to pop in but as usual, I wrote a novel anyway :D. Very tired as I was up all night on “text-duty” since I suppose all of my friends & family consider me the “hurricane expert”. :wacko: I guess I’ve been through enough of them – maybe 8 or 9 over 17 yrs. of being here?! (which is highly unusual, actually, it’s just that I’m lucky!) :haha: So, 4m+ people w/o power today, but most of my family is fine. My aunt's house is old, so they had some windows blow completely out of the house from the frames, but they are nailing them back in for now :wacko:. That's actually scary - happened to me before (glass didn't break, its just the whole freakin thing blew off the house!) Another aunt & family are "stuck" in Key West - poor things, they posted a pic on FB of an empty beer can that had blown over yesterday...:nope::haha: Friends in NJ not so great - houses completely flooded & their boats are gone - completey. Sianara. :nope:

Anyway, FF gave me crosshairs – yay! Still has been an odd cycle? :shrug: Anyway, Happy Halloween tomorrow to all that celebrate – hope the undead don’t get you because I happen to like you guys!

Lots of :hugs: to those having a hard time
:dust: to those who are actively trying or in 2WW
:wine: for everyone else – except
our "lucky ladies" get a :cloud9:

Oh, one more thing....

pumpkin-scarecrow-mooning%255B1%255D.jpg

:haha: Purps you have created a MONSTER! The problem I was having is that I had to copy the URL & do the little image icon thingy & then spoiler it...but then how do we insert a jpg?

:haha::haha:

Lils you can just spoiler the jpg. If you use the attach method you will end up with (I think) [ attach]12345[ /attach] without spaces then just Add

[SPOILER ] [ attach]12345[ /attach] [ /SPOILER]

But no spaces inside the square brackets!

Back is doing better thanks. I had first physio appointment and she gave me exercises to do 3 times a day :dohh::haha:

:hugs:

Lils – Yay for crosshairs!! :happydance:Yes I knew it! :thumbup:Hope you caught that eggy! Sorry to hear you were up all night texting!? Hope your family in Maryland is okay??? We were okay here – just a lot of heavy crazy winds – one woman died –got hit with a huge sign… And lots of power outages –but I wasn’t affected. It is cool but not as cold as yesterday. Should be 10 degress celcius for Halloween tomorrow (by colder at night) .

Yes thanks – I’m thinking of wearing a big coral orange scarf on ER day -thanks Dwrgi! (I hear the room is cold) – Yes that is true about the Sacral Chakra colour Lils – I just remembered that too!:thumbup::hugs::kiss:

Pebble or anyone else in NY - are you ok????

Lils you are so funny and YAY for the crosshairs.

Purps Hope you Dad is better soon and come on little purps we are waiting for you XXX

Chicken - how you holding up darlin'? :flower:

Dashka - Oh wow, I guess we cross-posted & I didn't realize it! 6-10 follies :happydance::happydance::happydance: Go follies, go follies, its your birthday, gonna have a party, like its your birthday, gonna have...tamales?...like its your birthday :shrug: (sounded good :blush:) Posted more in your journal...that was just a spontaneous thing like what happens in musicals. It won't happen again - promise. :haha: :hugs:

BF - hmmm, I think I tried attaching, but will have to try, try again - thanks! Oh exercise just 3x/day- that's it? :haha: I knew there was a reason I stayed away from those places! :wacko: :hugs: Really hope it helps though - it will be worth it :flower:

Hey all!

Purps how is Dad??

Dash yay for ER on Thursday!!! You are doing so well chick! I will keep sending those vibes!

Lils I have no idea what you are talking about... chakra's and orange? EH? Yay for cross hairs! Remember my cycle was totally screwed and I was complaining about it... and look what happened.. Yay for hurricane parties!!

Dwrgi how is the cider going down?

Remember guys I tried DE after a lot of soul searching... and I don't regret it.... I regret it didn't work... but I don't regret trying it x

Hey Butterfly... who knew you were such a techie?!! LOL Great news you have got some physio help!

DrH... have you got your head round it yet? I still haven't to be honest lol

Hey Moon, Green, Pebble, Pbl, Maddy and Chicken... how are those stars?

Guys send me some love for tomorrow... next hurdle is looming!

Good luck for tomorrow Padster!! I know that everything will go really well! Will be thinking of you, Axxxx :kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs:

(No cider thus far! Full of cold, might go to bed! :nope::nope:).

Oooo Dwrgi... I had that all last week... try some hot water, lemon and honey with a dash of whiskey or brandy.... really helps chick xxx

Hi Lils I still hanging in there thanks Hun. My best friend is taking me for a spa day tomorrow so really looking forward to that. Will feel better once the test results are back next week and we can more onwards and upwards.

Pad not many stars about at the moment a bit to cloudy here. But will be sending any I see your way. Good luck for tomorrow honey will be thinking of you. XXX

Hey Lils - we're having yucky weather due to Sandy, but nothing dangerous. Cold (~45F, because Sandy is sucking down Canadian air into the midwest), rainy, and really windy (~40-50mph winds)... but as long as the really old, really enormous tree in our front yard holds up through the winds, we'll be fine! :thumbup:

Just a quickie as just back home after evening visiting to my dad.....

Pad-thinking of you tomorrow and sending you a ton of loves xxxxx can't wait to hear how everything goes! :hugs:

Thinking of you all and sending all the :hugs: and :kiss: I can!

Ohh and I am so glad that it seems like everyone is safe in the wake of sandy!

Does anyone know where futuremommie lives?? I hope she is ok!

Padster, sending good vibes for tomorrow :hugs::hugs:

Yes, I am a secret techie :haha::haha: (I used to be a programmer)

Ohh and I am so glad that it seems like everyone is safe in the wake of sandy!

Does anyone know where futuremommie lives?? I hope she is ok!

FM lives in North Carolina but far enough inland that she should be good - I'll check with her on FB and make sure....

Glad to hear you ladies are alright. I read on the news that Sandy ready did a number on the East Coast. New York maybe without power for a week and millions of people affected by the storm!

pad - tons of positive vibes to you!! Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine! :hugs:. My butterfly is flying towards the flower. Hope she reaches there soon!

Lils - we don't get hurricanes or typhoons here fortunately! We get tropical storms that can come without any signs and disappear in a blink of an eye. We do get our shares of flash floods, uprooted trees, flying roof shingles and broken windows but nothing as bad as what hurricanes do.

To all ladies in US East coast - stay safe and stay warm. Remember to boil your water before drinking because that will be the main source of contamination. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->