TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

:hi: girls,

I am new to this site so will give you a quick rundown on where I am at. I am 36yr TTC #1. Been trying since 0ct 2010 but only this year things started to get more serious. I am from Aust originally but DH is Irish so I have been living in Ireland for the past 7yrs.
Tests after tests, this month I had the lap and dye test. All came back perfect. No cysts, no endo, no tube blockages all looks great. AF is due today but after 2 FRER tests (both came back negative) I am hanging out for her. Was to start IUI when AF shows however after my scan today I got my AMH results which came back pretty bad at 2.3 (according to the Irish medical whatever i should be between 9 - 25 for my age). So now we wait. The nurse is going to give all of my results to the consultant tomorrow who will make the decission on where to go to from here. Do we continue the IUI route and if it works - great and if it doesn't then its on to IVF in the new year (cause they break for the christmas break) or do we skip IUI and go straight to IVF. Thankfully AF is late and we have an extra day before the injections start.

My head is a little bit better now. I think I have cried as much as I can. I have been "banned" from Dr Google for the next few days until it has all settled down so hopefully by tomorrow we will know more.

Sorry for rabbiting on a bit. I look forward to getting to know you girls and share the journey with some people "my own age" :) There is far too many posts to catch up :rofl: so will just start from here!!

Hi everybody!

Pad-
Really delighted with you for your news!! You must be over the moon, and you so deserve it after everything that you have been through. Huge :hugs: and congrats to you lovely, :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Purps-sorry to hear that your father couldn't get scanned, but sounds like their doing the right thing as far as he is concerned. You must be so worried. Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you lovely!

Dr H-a line is a line is a line, however dark it is. Dark blood is old blood and I bet you a million kangaroos that it is implantation spotting. Try not to worry lovely! I have a good feeling about this! :hugs::hugs:

Welcome to Kiwi (can we shorten it to Kiwi???:shrug:)-I so share your pain after getting a low amh result myself. It is the kick in the bollo** you do not need. If I was you, I'd go straight for IVF and not even bother with IUI. The reason I say this is that with each stimming procedure, the ovarian reserve is depleted, and you want to keep what you have, as much as you can. However, it's not just the quantity of eggs left that cause concern, but the thinking is that the lower the amh, the 'older' the eggs are. So, you need to look at supplements to improve the quality of the eggs, and you can do this with omega 3s, Royal Jelly, CoQ10, and DHEA (which is THE biggie for you). They will take three months to take effect, so the quicker you can start taking these, the better. I assume that you are on a pregnacare type vitamin too, and that your partner is on a male version-Wellman Conception comes highly recommended. Good luck to you and don't lose heart! :hugs::hugs:

Big loves to everybody!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kiwi welcome :hugs:

Pad
yay so happy or you, I understand less than 3 on the NT is good :thumbup:

Dash hope trigger went well :flower:

DrH
my IC lines took ages to get darker, I think it was when I got 3+ on the clear blue (5 weeks preggo) that it got dark, pic on front page of my journal if you want to see

Purple sending lots of love and positive vibes for your Dad Babe, hope he recovers quickly :hugs::kiss::flower:

Hugs to you all you fantastic Ladies :hugs::flower:

Awww HA.... I am in tears... and it is not down to hormones.. xxxx

Butterfly, you know if you want any kind of info I would be happy to help... I know I didn't try embryo donation, but I reckon ED comes almost close. xxx

Dwrgi my darling! What is in your mind for your next try? x

Welcome Kiwi... Dwrgi knows loads about IVF... unlike me who is a dufus! I would def recommend Wellman for your OH and Pregnacare preconception. I would also ask to be prescribed high dose folic acid 5mg as there is some evidence that it can help conception.

Hey LadyH! How are you feeling?

DrH please please do not obsess about the lines... take one test... get a BFP and then do not test again unless you absolutely have to! That is my advice lol

Purps hope you are doing OK....xxx

Only time for a quickie as Halloween is in T-40mins & I have no candy yet :shock: Will catch up later, but...

Pad -
:yipee::yipee::yipee: :wohoo:wohoo:wohoo: So happy for you chick - just over the moon! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Kiwi - Welcome to our thread! So sorry you find yourself here, but we will try to help you in whatever way we can. These girls are truly FAB & caring girls...:flower:

To everyone:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

:witch::witch::witch::witch::witch::witch::witch::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::muaha::lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly::change::change::change:

Hi everybody!

Pad-
Really delighted with you for your news!! You must be over the moon, and you so deserve it after everything that you have been through. Huge :hugs: and congrats to you lovely, :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Purps-sorry to hear that your father couldn't get scanned, but sounds like their doing the right thing as far as he is concerned. You must be so worried. Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you lovely!

Dr H-a line is a line is a line, however dark it is. Dark blood is old blood and I bet you a million kangaroos that it is implantation spotting. Try not to worry lovely! I have a good feeling about this! :hugs::hugs:

Welcome to Kiwi (can we shorten it to Kiwi???:shrug:)-I so share your pain after getting a low amh result myself. It is the kick in the bollo** you do not need. If I was you, I'd go straight for IVF and not even bother with IUI. The reason I say this is that with each stimming procedure, the ovarian reserve is depleted, and you want to keep what you have, as much as you can. However, it's not just the quantity of eggs left that cause concern, but the thinking is that the lower the amh, the 'older' the eggs are. So, you need to look at supplements to improve the quality of the eggs, and you can do this with omega 3s, Royal Jelly, CoQ10, and DHEA (which is THE biggie for you). They will take three months to take effect, so the quicker you can start taking these, the better. I assume that you are on a pregnacare type vitamin too, and that your partner is on a male version-Wellman Conception comes highly recommended. Good luck to you and don't lose heart! :hugs::hugs:

WOW thank you so much girls for the lovely welcome. :hugs:

I am on pregnacare and have been for about 2yrs :) I also take 2000mg of EPO usually only day 1 to ovulation (which I found on some website that it was recommened). I have been on EPO for about 3mths so do you think I should continue taking that everyday now? I am a chemist so can get my hands on 5mg folic acid if you think this will help? Will check out DHEA tomorrow :)

Hi everybody!

Pad-

WOW thank you so much girls for the lovely welcome. :hugs:

I am on pregnacare and have been for about 2yrs :) I also take 2000mg of EPO usually only day 1 to ovulation (which I found on some website that it was recommened). I have been on EPO for about 3mths so do you think I should continue taking that everyday now? I am a chemist so can get my hands on 5mg folic acid if you think this will help? Will check out DHEA tomorrow :)

EPO is good for CM too so I should think you need to stick with this. If you're looking into DHEA, go for the MICRONISED kind as you will have fewer side effects (I had dreadful bacne when I went for a non-micronised type, lasted for the entire duration that I took the blasted things). I would recommend PURE DHEA but you will have to get this from the USA, unless you know of some influential chemists :muaha::muaha::muaha:

Good luck! :hugs:

Wanted to update everyone.

Ok, so I couldn't wait any longer. Went to Dr.'s office on day 11 after transfer. Did a Pregnancy test there and it was positive so I did blood work too and got the results back this morning! Beta HCG level was 102(on 11th day). Finally after 8yrs of trying a solid BFP! I know it's still a long road to go but just getting over this bridge was great.

Thank you everyone for your support on here. I am really grateful and hope I have helped some of you in return as well.

Hi kiwi! :hi: the ladies here are fab and very knowledgable! So you'll be able to get loads of information without needing to venture to dr google xx

:hi: and welcome kiwi

want2 -
congratulations - so happy for you! :happydance:

Hi Ladies!!

Pad -
YAHOO!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I am so happy to hear that your scan went well... I'm sure the results tomorrow will be just fine too.... Little Padiva is a fighter - and spunky just like her Mom!!:thumbup: :hugs::kiss:

Dr. H-
as the other ladies said - you will be fine... as long as it's not total red blood I think it's fine.... So happy for you !!:happydance:

Want 2 conceive
- I am really happy for you :happydance:!!! Congrats!!:dohh::dohh: I needed to hear that good news as I'm going for ER tomorrow... and I've been trying for 10 years... Happy & healthy 9 months !!:hugs:

Purps - I just wrote in your journal too... You are such a great daughter!!:thumbup: I hope your Dad is well enough soon to do the scan and sounds like Purplette is helping you spend time with your mom and dad right now.:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Kiwi - welcome to the best thread!!! good luck with the supplements - However be careful with DHEA if you decide to take it -make sure you are tested for your level first as it can be really harmful to take if your levels are not low. I used it for 9 months last year (it generally takes about 4-6 months to improve things) I did have side-effects including the 'back-ne" that Dwrgi mentioned, plus bloating and sometimes cramping after ovulation I think.

AFM - I know I'm forgetting tons here - but haven't been feeling well today after acupuncture and I've missed so much sleep in the past week so I need to get to bed.... Will try to update tomorrow afternoon/evening as my ER is at Noon.

Hello and hugs to all!!! :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->