TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Want 2 conceive
- I am really happy for you :happydance:!!! Congrats!!:dohh::dohh: I needed to hear that good news as I'm going for ER tomorrow... and I've been trying for 10 years... Happy & healthy 9 months !!:hugs:

Thanks Dash. Don't ever give up hope!

Some tips during your IVF. Stay calm and relaxed during your process. And stay stress free. Don't worry about anything, even little things that can make you tick just let them go and stay relaxed and zen. I'm convinced that being stress free improves our chances at a successful IVF.

Also, some extra baby dust will help too!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Want 2 conceive
- I am really happy for you :happydance:!!! Congrats!!:dohh::dohh: I needed to hear that good news as I'm going for ER tomorrow... and I've been trying for 10 years... Happy & healthy 9 months !!:hugs:

Some tips during your IVF. Stay calm and relaxed during your process. And stay stress free. Don't worry about anything, even little things that can make you tick just let them go and stay relaxed and zen. I'm convinced that being stress free improves our chances at a successful IVF.

thanks very much - I know I'm still up and should be in bed! It is true about stress levels and every is telling me to relax - but it's a little hard because I have a 3.5 yr old adopted daughter (AD) who is going through her 'trying' 3's... But I'm trying! :hugs::hugs:

Want2 - Wow!!!!! You must be over the moon!
So, so pleased for you! :happydance::happydance::hugs:

Want 2 are stoked for you.. what a great story.. between you and pad, there is a chance for all of us... and there are heroic stories happening here every day from DE to IUIs to having lots and lots of BD even in storms without power, when you can't be bothered and late at night!!!!!!

(we definitely got pregnant using the SMEP - I can't believe that we missed O as OH was away and still got up the duff! I reckon that we should all try it!)

Just so you all know bleeding has settled. Still late :)

Pad so stoked for you.. the padiva - I love it.
Purps - your dad will so need to hold purpette and have big cuddles - are you birthing in his hospital? That would be awesome..... I hope he gets better soon...
Dash - Was the trigger all good? I don't know how you do it, AD, getting up early to go to the subway and clinic, the butt shots, dealing with the three year old tantrums - one or two more weeks girlfriend and can you believe the baby dust around here - its more like a smoke machine filling the room, you can't see two feet infront.... (take note girls - you are next! you have been warned.
Dwrgi - you are so great! I swear what you don't know about fertility isn't worth knowing! I'm going to start megafolate 4mg on top of my elevit just in case.
Owl - good luck!
Neesaw and Lady - great to hear all is well.

HA - I loved your comment. We all get it. we are here for you as much as you need us, new and old ladies alike!

Kiwi Welcome ;)

Hi All

Hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread but I was trying to concieve aged 37 and was having recurrant miscarriages, I finally got a sticky bean and am now 17 weeks :happydance:
I had purchased a box of Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests and have 14 tests left which don't go out of date until 12/2013. The pack comes with the clearblue happy fave indicator stick too.
I also have 7 HPT One step test strips 10 iu/ml exp 2014.

I'd hate to have them wasted considering how much they cost and so if anyone on here is happy to post me a cheque to cover postage and packaging I will happily pass them on for someone to hopefully get my luck.

If you are interested or know someone that is then private message me and I am happy to post.

Baby dust to you all:dust:

Want2 - Wow!!!!! You must be over the moon!
So, so pleased for you! :happydance::happydance::hugs:

I've done 100 laps around it actually. :happydance:

Want 2 conceive

thanks very much - I know I'm still up and should be in bed! It is true about stress levels and every is telling me to relax - but it's a little hard because I have a 3.5 yr old adopted daughter (AD) who is going through her 'trying' 3's... But I'm trying! :hugs::hugs:

Always time to get pregnant!

Want 2 are stoked for you.. what a great story.. between you and pad, there is a chance for all of us... and there are heroic stories happening here every day from DE to IUIs to having lots and lots of BD even in storms without power, when you can't be bothered and

Thanks! Didn't even see Pads announcement! Congrat's Pad, when did you find out?

Any room for a newbie on this thread? :)
I've been lurking for a while now, and posting elsewhere, but it seems that this is turning into a lucky place to be!
We've been TTC since August, and I'm currently 5 dpo, so am just hanging around and keeping everything crossed. It's been so lovely reading all the recent good news on here! Hope some of it rubs off!!!

smallhelen - Hello and welcome to the thread. :) I'm currently on 4 DPO so lets hang together. LOL!

purps - Hope your dad will get his scan soon. Lots of positive vibes to him! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

DrH - don't worry too much, you'll be fine :D

xoxo to everyone :kiss::hugs:

:hi: and welcome smallhelen. I'm 5dpiui today so if you don't mind I'll hang with you and green if that's ok :haha:

dash - thinking about you and hoping they got lots and lots of good eggies out of you! Fingers crossed!

What's up ladies? I hope you are all doing well. :hugs::kiss:

Welcome small Helen! :flower:

DrH oh so glad the bleeding has stopped! Sending you sticky :dust:

Huge loves, :hugs: and :kiss: to everyone else xxx

Nothing much from me today, very tired between hospital visits, taking mum here and there etc, honestly..I have the bestest dh in the whole world, I would be completely lost without him!
Dad is about the same, still hoping that the scan might be done soon, it depends if they can give him enough oxygen to get him to the scan department, brought the scan etc, because the cylinders apparently don't deliver enough concentration!
So keep all your fingers crossed.

Hi girls.

First question what is smep?? I have never quite figured that one out.
The latest with me is a little more positive then my outburst yesterday. The consultant reviewed all my notes and seeing AF arrived today we begin a short course of IVF starting tomorrow. Not 100% sure what that means I just know I have to see him first thing and my injections have changed and I start tomorrow evening. He said I will have to have a day off work for egg collection but we are good to go.

When they take the eggs do they fertilise them and put them back into u on the same day? Or is that another procedure? I had just got my head around an IUI that I never prepared for IVF which is provably a good thing as I won't be stressing if I had a chance to google it all.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is brutal weather here in Ireland. Storming, dark, hailstones yuck winter is here

Nessaw - how did you get that counter comparing embryo sizes at different weeks? Went to that site but couldn't find it?

Smallhelen - welcome SH. Always room for more.

Purple - hope your dad is better and hope his scan goes ok too.

Dash - hoping you have good news for us soon Dash! Keep us updated as we are all sending you positive vibes and baby dust. :dust:

Hi girls.

First question what is smep?? I have never quite figured that one out.
The latest with me is a little more positive then my outburst yesterday. The consultant reviewed all my notes and seeing AF arrived today we begin a short course of IVF starting tomorrow. Not 100% sure what that means I just know I have to see him first thing and my injections have changed and I start tomorrow evening. He said I will have to have a day off work for egg collection but we are good to go.

When they take the eggs do they fertilise them and put them back into u on the same day? Or is that another procedure? I had just got my head around an IUI that I never prepared for IVF which is provably a good thing as I won't be stressing if I had a chance to google it all.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is brutal weather here in Ireland. Storming, dark, hailstones yuck winter is here

Not sure what smep is?

I can tell you though that it will be anywhere from the 3rd day to the 5th day after egg retrieval before the embryo transfer. It just depends how fast they develop. It's never same day though. Earliest would be 3rd day after ER.

Wow it got busy on here!

Welcome kiwi :hi: yes, only take the EPO from day 1 to O :thumbup: DHEA and CoQ10 really sound like the best things for egg quality like dwrgi said. SMEP is sperm meets egg plan (or something similar) where you basically have :sex: every other day

and welcome small :hi: or should it be helen :haha: - you should know, if you have been lurking that your name has to be shortened when you join this thread :haha:

Good luck to you both :flower:

Want2

Massive congrats hon, it must be such a relief and an excitement to get a BFP after 8 years :cloud9: I bet you thought it would never happen. Very happy for you :happydance::happydance:

pad, yes ED is going to be very similar to DE I reckon - the meds will likely be the same - that is one thing that I don't know much about. I'm not sure if I will be capable of injecting myself :wacko: but I guess we all just do what we have to. Can you tell me what meds you had to do? You can PM me if that is easier :hugs:

Dash – HUGE good luck to you today! Hope that everything goes great. Sending Sandy-size amounts of :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: your way!!!

Lil – How’s the TWW going? :wacko: Glad to hear Sandy mostly missed you and yours. Somehow I'm not surprised that you're the go-to information source for your family! Btw, my doctorate is in social work—someone’s gotta teach all those MSWs running around!

HA – the farting rainbows line was the funniest thing I’d seen in days. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks for the good laugh, as it helps me cope with the frustration and emotion from all this crap. I had a raw day yesterday, partly because one of the women here who knows I mc'ed asked for a update. Glad she asked, but I cry whenever I talk about it, still.) A couple of hours later a different co-worker I barely know came into my office for the sole purpose of showing off her newborn's Halloween costume. :grr: She had no idea, so I don't blame her, but I had to shut the door for a little cry after she left. :cry: So, yeah. No rainbow farts here.

Dr. H
Sooooooooooooooooo glad to hear everything is looking good! :thumbup: As others have said, a bit of spotting is meaningless, as I’m sure you know well! I'm sending you superglue sticky thoughts!

Pad –
:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
That is all I have to say on that. :haha:

Purps—Glad to hear your Dad is at least stable. Hope his testing goes well. Looking at your journal I’m guessing Purplette is coming soon! :happydance: !!!!!

Hi Kiwi, and welcome! :hi: Sorry to hear about the AMH test results. :cry: I’ve never had those done, so I can’t offer any advice. Have you heard yet what the docs plan to do? :hugs:

Lady H
Ooooooooh, almost through 1st trimester!!!! How are you feeling? :happydance:

Nessaw
How’s it going for you? Any scans lately?

Dwrgi – I scanned through your journal. I’m not sure I’m 100% sure I’m following the convo, but if you have a way to get sperm donated from Antonio Banderas, I’ll need to hear about that ASAP. My OH never needs to know.

That IS what you were talking about, right? :haha:

Want2
WOW!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Owl, how are you feeling? TWW going well?

La Berg, nice temp rise after O! :thumbup: Do you think you timed :sex: well? Hope you caught the eggy!

Hi CC, thanks for the encouragement! :hi:I don’t use OPKs, but hopefully someone else will want them.

Helen, welcome! :hi:

Who am I missing? How's Chicken? And Moon, darlin', how are you holding up?

Nothing new for me, I'm afraid. I guess I'm in a TWW, so I should get the :witch: in about 10/12 days. Then I'll FINALLY be back to square one! I did also figure out how to combine FF charts, in spite of bleeding, so for your entertainment, allow me to present an artwork entitled, I Confuse Fertility Friend:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3da656/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Whoa--I posted and then got three emails about cross-posting :wacko:

What the heck is the difference between ED and DE?!

And SMEP is here:
https://www.smep.org/

Kiwi, glad things are looking better!

Whoa--I posted and then got three emails about cross-posting :wacko:

What the heck is the difference between ED and DE?!

And SMEP is here:
https://www.smep.org/

Kiwi, glad things are looking better!

You get emails about cross posting? :dohh::haha:

ED is egg donation where you get the eggs then your partner fertilises them and DE is donor embryos where you get the whole shebang all knocked up already but frozen - you just defrost them and shove them in the oven (technically speaking obviously) :haha::haha: As I don't have a partner I'm hopefully going for embryo donation (and it is cheaper :haha:) :flower:

Hello Lovelies, I love the idea that this thread is getting lucky, we are due! Such a long dry spell we had but I reckon Lils reiki thingy is finally kicking in. :thumbup:

AFM
scan day tomorrow, I feel fine at the moment. Still sore BB's but that's all really. I'll say Hi to the bean tomorrow when I see it from you all! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->