TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

green i'm liking your temperatures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woweee! That is amazing Dr H! So happy for you! You will make a fab mother! Big :hugs:

Dash-glad you DTD, and hope there's some magic around for you too, lovely lady! Hope you get rid of that vile lurgy soon! :hugs:

Green-oh my, that sounds really nasty. Glad it wasn't any worse. I remember when I holidayed in KL there are motobikes EVERYWHERE. Hope he's on the mend. If I don't sleep well, my temps go completely catatonic too, although I hope it means good things! :thumbup:

Lils-you shall go to the ball!!! Yay! Hope you have a great party; I can just imagine you reclining on some posh sofa, propped up by cusions, with all these minions around you, feeding you the :wine::wine: Enjoy, lovely lady! :kiss:

Ness-send some snow over to us, please! Snow day!! :happydance: Snow Day!! :happydance: Did you DTD or did you just leave it, too early etc.? Whatever you decided, FX for youm lovely! :hugs:

Love to everybody not mentioned! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi have been dtd since fri as it had been a whole month.we'll see.not opking on anything like that.

Green hope ur hubbie is ok.

Dr h-:)

love to all.x

I feel like I'm falling behind again. Gack!!!!

Dr H, I am just so glad that you are here and giving us good news, because this thread really needs it! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Small, I echo what Lils said. Apparently it’s very difficult to get a sticky bean with a 9 day LP. Have you talked to your doc about it yet?

Mirium-- :hugs: Hope you’re feeling better these days. Do you have a nice holiday to look forward to?

Moon—hope you’re doing well. You’ve got such an amazing positive attitude after the past few months! :thumbup: glad your holiday prep is going well.

Maddy—how are you feeling? How are those tests going?? I think today is your first? 7 dpiui is pretty early, so I guess it’s either good news or no news. :thumbup: Sending you lots of :dust:!!!

Green, that’s a nice looking temp spike! Sorry your work is still in limbo, and SUPER sorry to hear about your OH! :shock: I’m glad he’s okay-ish. Those things can be so dangerous! Take care of yourself and him!!!

AFM - Been crazy at work. I've never known time to go past so quickly!
Not really been thinking too much about the TTC thing. My hubby was getting worried that I am 'beating myself up' and that I needed to relax a little. Of course, saying relax to a woman is never a good idea, so once his eye was stitched up and we left A&E, I forgave him (Jokes!!):haha:
Heehee!!! :rofl: :haha: Love this. It’s such a classic exchange around this whole TTC thing, isn’t it! Sending :hugs: and :dust:

Omm-thanks for your thoughts on the FS. I think we’re still wavering here. Has the :witch: showed up yet???? :hugs:

Dash—Yay for a good O, well timed on the :sex:!!! Sending you lots of :dust: on the hopes that all the horrible IVF hormones shifted something for you!!!! Sorry it wasn’t your most romantic encounter ever. :shy:

Kismet—not getting the news on those tests is totally PANTS. (This is my new favorite word, thanks to you folks. People here just give me weird looks and I can’t explain where I got it.) Regarding Tylenol PM, the sleepy-making ingredient is diphenhydramine, which is the same ingredient in Benedryl and lots of other OTC allergy pills. It’s a GUARANTEED sleep inducer. I took it every night for about 4-5 years. When I was working on my doctorate I kind of forgot how to go to sleep. That’s the only way I can describe it. Suffice to say that I couldn’t sleep for years without it. You can get it in pills all by itself, and it, too, is safe to take while pregnant. The only caveat is that it’s an antihistamine so it can dry up your CM. When I started to TTC, weaning myself off it was one of the first things I did, but I’ve taken it every now and then when I really need a solid 8 hours of sleep. And sorry you’re sick, too. BOO!!!

Butterfly, how do you shop for DE? (Or is it ED—I remember WHAT it is, but not the proper acronym). Is it like shopping for sperm, or do you not have as much information?

Nessaw are you TTC again, or taking some time off? :hugs: Hope you’re doing okay.

Lils, you’ve outdone yourself this time!!! :shock: :haha: I CANNOT BELIEVE you woke up during your surgery, but apparently it’s more common than many people realize. A friend of mine is involved in a research study on this. Here’s the link:
https://depts.washington.edu/awaredb/
Not sure if that’s exactly what you experienced, but it sounds like something out of a horror movie. Very traumatic. Has it been bothering you since??? Hope you’re recovering well and are able to enjoy your nice holiday. I’ll be drinking :wine: for you!

AFM, this month is definitely toast. :grr: We did not get in any good sex in the 36 hours between the HSG and the purported O, in part because I thought the EWCM was done, so I assumed I wasn’t fertile, and because the HSG didn’t exactly put me in the mood, if you know what I’m saying. I’m really pissed off about all this, as I definitely think my body is a bit different from the m/c, which I’m hoping means that I’m more fertile, but who bloody cares because I missed the whole damn thing anyway. I just want this stupid BS cycle to be over with already so that we can move on. :grr: If we’re REALLY lucky, then the next O will be right during the visit from the whole family, so we’ll miss it too. :brat: It really makes me want to go the FS after all, so that I can make each of these months count. As Lils said, I’d at least get the full round of blood tests done, which would be nice. I’ve never had any of that.

In the meantime, I teach my last class of the semester tonight :)happydance:). The bad news is that this means I’m about to get buried in student papers. It’s SO like this:
https://girlsguidetogradschool.blogspot.com/2011/03/grading-papers-play-some-bingo.html
I’ll be failing about 5 students in my two classes this semester, which is a new record for me. These students have all earned their failing grades, mind you, but they’re of course all sending me emails right about now asking what they can possible do to pass. A little late, don’t you think?!?! OH and I are also about to start installing about 500 ft2 of hardwood floors in our house. It’s going to be a helluva weekend! At least it gives me something to think about instead of my wasted first month back on the TTC bandwagon.

Grumble grumble grumble :jo: :jo: :jo:

I’m sure I’ve missed people. :hi: to Frolicky, Asry, Pad, Purps, Lana, Chicken, Tiger, HA, LadyH, and everyone else! Hope you’re all doing okay.

Much love!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Pbl am ntnp this month but keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle.x

Omm-thanks for your thoughts on the FS. I think we’re still wavering here. Has the :witch: showed up yet???? :hugs:

Well i say waver as much as you need, its very stressful to go to the FS, but when your ready to go you will be glad. The first meetings were the hardest, i was so stressed out, but after that i was like yeah ok, this can work, they can help. Honestly i was pretty much ok after i knew nothing was going to hurt when they did the IUI:haha:

Nope AF is just gone, i have no other symptoms of PM so i am not sure whats going on, the only thing i have had is a nasty headache for the past two weeks, i am just not sure if its from the hormones going nuts, or if its from our crazy weather. I will let you ladies know what the doctor says, when i go on saturday, i hate to say it but i do think its PM, the one weird thing is that i have taken many OPK's and i always had a good line, not positive until the time but the line was always there, now, nothing, its like i have no LH at all, so thats what is making me think that the factory has just shut down. I have to say though i keep having this thought that i am going to end up pg, and it will be one of those total surprises, like i figure menopause is here and i am done and that out pops an egg lol. The worst thing is that i always knew when to expect AF, i mean like to the day on the calendar, now i have no clue, heck i dont even know when or if i would ovulate, so weird.

Wow lils and pebble you both go to the top of the class for long posts :haha::haha:

Lils glad you are getting better hon :hugs::hugs:

Pebble dang for missing O :growlmad::growlmad:

OMM will be interesting to hear what the doc has to say :wacko:

DrH :happydance::happydance::hugs:

Green hope hubby is ok :nope:

Nessaw fingers crossed for a miracle :thumbup:

Maddy fingers crossed :flower: :dust:

Pebble you specify physical traits to find the egg donor and the clinic match you up. Not sure how much more info they give you though :shrug:

:hugs: and :dust: to everyone else, have a sore throat brewing so hoping it is not turning into a full blown cold :cold:

Greenleaf - so sorry to hear about your hubby... Hope he gets well soon!:hugs: And stress/lack of sleep definitely will affect your temp - but I hope in this case it isn't that.... See how you go tomorrow...:hugs::hugs:

Dr. H -
Yay again!! so happy for you :happydance: must be so magical to see that heartbeat :cloud9:

Pebble -Nice long post!:winkwink: sorry that you think this month is a no-go....:nope::hugs: Totally sucks! :hugs: I hope you your hard-wood flooring goes in nicely :winkwink: Are you doing it yourself?? Wow you are handy!:hugs: Hey if family comes next cycle - can you still try?? I only say this because MIL stays with us half the week -so we often have to 'try' with her in the other room - not the greatest thing I know:wacko: - but if you have to you have to....:hugs:

OnMyMind - I hope you get some answers soon - it must be frustrating.... I am still hoping for you :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

Maddy - when do you test?:hugs::hugs:

Ness - fingers crossed for you :hugs::hugs:

Hugs to everyone I missed.....:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - so I spoke too soon.... I don't think I ovulated yet because my temp didn't go up this morning....:grr: So today is CD16 and I don't think Bd'ing tonight is an option.... Think this month is another no-go... haven't BD'd since CD14. WHATEVER.

Green, I am glad your dh isok!! What a horrible shock though!

Nessaw, fingers crossed for yOu Hun xxxx

Omm, yes keep us informed about what your doc thinks xxxx

Butterfly, hope you are not getting poorly! Xxx

Dwrgi, are you feeling better chick? I hope so! Xxxx

Asry and frols

Not long ladies...let us know!

Ladyh

Smashing bump!

Pebble, hope the burying und work isn't too ad for you xxxx

DrH

Love your scan pic!!

Kismet, get well soon!

Lils omg! Your hospital experience sounds awful! Glad you are recovering!M

Pad

Happy 18 weeks! Xxx

Helen, I've heard x2 opts a day is good to catch that luteal surge, just on the most likely ov days xxx

Dashka, big loves Hun xxxxxx hope you are ok!

Huge hugs to everyone I'm missing xxxxx hope everyone is ok?
:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Is it time to roll out the whatever wagon??!!?am def on board.x

Hey ladies, I'm at work so very briefly - had 7dpiui bloodwork on Thursday. It was just a progesterone check, nothing else. All came back fine with a very healthy level. Next testing Monday for progesterone again.

Btw, ladies, I'm playing a new game. I took FF's crosshairs off my chart. If you chart experts were to take a look, when would you guess O was?

Any takers?

Pebble- :haha: I was planning on yelling about why FF didn't give you crosshairs :blush:. CD14 or CD17. CD14 looks better bc of fertile CM & it did technically create sustained temp shift of .4+. i would guess that 97.7ish would be your cover? But CD 17 looks good too... :shrug:

So, when does FF say it is & when did you BD last? Are you totally out, or is it just not the desired BD day?

Yeah, my anesth experience was different - that one looks like general anesth where they wake up but don't look awake & can't really communicate that they are awake? I've heard some nightmarish stories about that too! :shock::nope: And there's a horror movie called "Awake" with Darth Vader before he became Darth (Haden Christianson?). I was just in twilight, so I woke up full-on whilst the numbing needle was puncturing my eyeball (I am guessing this since I felt it, although Dr says he was just poking my eye -I think he was trying to make it better saying that). I full-on yelled "Ahhh Needles are in my eye, needles are in my eye!!!" & remember the whole thing. Thankfully, was only about 30-45 secs before happy sleep commenced again...

So, I'm not sure how to say this, but if you are worried that you are too loud when family is over :shy:, you can always use the pillow-over-mouth method! :haha::blush: Or if bed's too squeaky, you may have to just get adventurous about where BDing shall take place? :winkwink: Could be fun...

Hi Ladies I'm so angry right now, I called the clinic today because I still hadn't received my appointment and they don't know anything about it. So I rang the GP and asked to speak to the practice manager, She said that it says on my file that they will refer me once DH gets his results back. I told her that wasn't what I was told or DH but they are refusing to do the referral until after he gets his results. I don't understand why I have to wait my referral isn't on the condition of his results so why wait. So angry right now. Sorry for rant.

Helen – I’d say do it 2x/day near O no matter what OPK you are using, but it does help to know the brand. I think some brands require 4 hrs w/o peeing (which I only recently found out which is probs why I never get +OPKs!). Thanks to Kismet, I now know that CB Digi is one of those OPKs & you can, in fact, use FMU :saywhat:. I guess I don’t read instructions so well :blush: (now that I’ve been doing digi 1 yr now. :wacko:). Also, some info for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luteal_phase

Kismet – oh no, allergic to Tyl?! Let me know what you find out w/Valerian root bc I have it, but have barely taken it bc I thought I read somewhere that it was questionable, etc. :thumbup: Oh no, you caught the creeping crud?! Feel better soon :flower:

Ness – aw, putting on the Xmas play must be so fun! And funny. And nerve wrecking all in one! :haha: Enjoy –

Dashka – So glad your biopsy went somewhat OK & glad to hear that most biopsies are benign :thumbup:. I hope you, DH & AD get lots of :sleep: & :coffee: this weekend, hun. You guys need a break!!! :happydance: for chart! You didn’t have to attach it, I was kidding…sorta.:winkwink: And O’ing CD16?! :saywhat: That's great! What is going on around here? Wow!!! We are in role reversal this cycle :haha:. Hoping that means it’s a special slow-roasted Xmas eggy so lots of Xmas magical fairy :dust: coming your way! Btw, BD on CD14 & it looks like you O’d in CD16, is good! :thumbup: I’m in the same situation myself – BD CD15 & O’d CD17, so FX! :flower::hugs:

Green – I’m so sorry to hear about DH – I hope he heals very quickly & very soon! I saw you threw out the temp. How high stress affects BBT is tough as some say it lowers temps & some say it elevates. But if you were waking up all night, I’d throw out the temp too, unfortunately, due to the sleep deprivation (must have >4hrs straight). But, hey, if you are preggers, no matter what your temps are, you’ll get that BFP. :thumbup:

DrH –
Oh, wow – both hb & scan – how wonderful!!! You must be ecstatic! So, no twins, I take it? (I’m a quick one, huh :blush::haha:) Whew – you lucked out on that one dear lady! :thumbup: Such great news, I’m so happy for you :cloud9:

Dwrgi – ahhh, if only it went that way! (cute, only-wearing-a-sheet minions, that is) :haha:. I hope you are feeling & doing better today, lovely lady? How’s that sinusitis/cold? Ugh, I know how much that sucks, so I am just really glad you are now on drugs for it. Hopefully will clear up soon. When do you get out of school permanently? TGIFF to you dear & big :hugs:

Pebble – already covered you, but I did love that Bingo card! And if the students failed, well, that’s their own fault. If they don’t get the notion of hard work & studying hard by grad school, then hey, their prob… :nope:

OMM – let us know what happens! Moon & I don’t get +OPKs too often either, but we still O – are you taking temps? Perhaps maybe you should start, if not? Your temps can say a lot… :thumbup: +OPks aren’t even a guarantee that you will O, as many people can get +OPKs til the cows come home, but never actually O. Only temp shift, u/s &/or CD21 (or whatever day) bloods can confirm O. :shrug: GL at Dr’s :flower:

BF – Hope that is not the nasty cold that is going around?! :growlmad: :flower:. When I was inquiring about DE, they even sent me a database link where I could search through the specs of my donor & pick her by her pic. I never actually looked in it as I was just curious about a few options, but maybe you will get the same? :thumbup: :hugs:

Purps – Thanks hun :flower::hugs:
Oh those pics of Lana are precious as can be!!! Soooo adorable! :cloud9:

Maddy – GL hun :flower::dust:

AFM – Company party went well – ate wayyy too much as it was family-style Italian (yummm). I have been feeling very off this week & I can’t wait to exercise again. Actually, I can’t BELIEVE I just frkn said that? :saywhat::haha: But also been sooooo tired :sleep: so probs my body is still recuperating (but I have no sick time :growlmad: - had to borrow sick leave just for the surgery). :nope: So, it’s tough sh!t, work sick or don’t get paid. :grr: I shall :sleep: this wknd in between Xmas shopping, wrapping, decorating & I think the cards are now out the window. :nope: Oh well, nobody will die if I don’t send Xmas cards this year, right? :shrug:

So, over TG I had a convo w/my SIL’s BF. I knew part of her story, but not the deets. Anyway, she tried for 5 years TTC. She went thru 5 IVF’s & 1 mc – no baby. She also had Factor V Leiden. She finally gave up but continued her acupuncture for well-being. She got a sticky BFP 1-2 yrs after giving up - on Xmas day when she was 39. She does swear by the acupuncture, just FYI… She ended up having to inject Lovenox her entire pregnancy but had a healthy baby boy who is now 3. Just a happy story I thought I’d share with everyone. :thumbup:

:dust:, :hugs: & :wine: to all & TGIFF!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->