TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Mirium,

Oh I'm so happy for you!!! Don't worry at all about the vitamins or exercise. Prayers for a sticky bean!

Ladies, hope you're all having a great weekend! - will catch up with a proper post later (tomorrow probably).

Ladies, what the heck. I got a BFP. It's approx. 15dpo and I have been doing jumping jacks and working out hard in group classes up until yesterday. I had a BFN at about 11dpo. I was having pain tonight and I was about to put a hot water bottle on my belly and I thought - let me just rule out pregnancy although it won't be that at all. I have not been taking vitamins, nothing and was very stressed out up until today when I got a hopeful response from a tubal surgeon that I contacted through his website... :). See his answer to my question below. I was thinking that my tubes are probably toast due to only 100 mg antibiotics given in IV after infection after miscarriage and none to go home. I made 2 trips to hospital recently to get medical records as a result. I am scared that the BFP will be gone soon since I had 2 miscarriages before however I took progesterone, baby aspirin and steroid - dexamethasone that was prescribed for me. Have a good weekend guys.

Surgeon's response to my inquiry:

Dr. Berger says:
December 7, 2012 at 7:57 am
Mirium – If your laparoscopy showed that the fimbriae were healthy, then you do not have to be worried about damage to the tubal cilia.

Mirium says:
December 6, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Hello,

I had a bad infection after miscarriage (retained products) and was not given antibiotics after emergency D&C. Uterine tissue taken 4 days after D&C for testing for mycoplasma, by other doctor was sent back with results ‘media overgrown with bacteria’. Still, connection was not made that I need antibiotics and I did not take antibiotics until months later. My tubes are open per HSG however I never got pregnant again approx. 15 months later. I am worried about damage to cilia in tubes. A laparoscopy found that the fimbriae looks fine. I am almost 39. Is there any way to diagnose condition of cilia and to correct. Would any kind of tubal surgery help what I have described? Thank you.

:dust: :dust: to all of you ladies!
That is absolutely wonderful news. I am so thrilled for you! Good luck for a hale and hearty 9 months! :thumbup::hugs:

Hi Ladies, your thoughts please. DH is going for his SA on Friday at 10.30. They have said to BD 2-5 days before the same is taken. We have BD today and I was think we should BD on Wednesday evening (Due to work shifts there is no chance on Monday or Tuesday) DH is worried it is to soon before the test and obviously doesn't want it to effect the results. What do you guys think?

Hi Ladies, your thoughts please. DH is going for his SA on Friday at 10.30. They have said to BD 2-5 days before the same is taken. We have BD today and I was think we should BD on Wednesday evening (Due to work shifts there is no chance on Monday or Tuesday) DH is worried it is to soon before the test and obviously doesn't want it to effect the results. What do you guys think?

Personally, if there is a potential issue with a low sperm count, he is better off leaving a full 48 hours between the two ejacs. So, could you have a bit of fun first thing on Wednesday morning?!

That would be my advice!

And, I soooo get your frustration with your docs. It sounds ALL TOO FAMILIAR. The only way round it is to go private, but we're not all Victoria Beckham, so it's a matter of pestering them (NHS, not the Becks :winkwink:) constantly.

Good luck!
:hugs::hugs:

Unfortunately Wednesday morning is out too, I have to leave home at 6am.

ItS 72 hours here cc i would wait as its such an impt test. My hubby's sa was greater than 200. Now I know that we should bd everyday around o not every second which greatly assisted in the bfp

Thanks ladies I think I will let him off, Is enough that we BD today x2

Thanks ladies I think I will let him off, Is enough that we BD today x2

chicken it doesn't really matter how many times it is just about the last time the pipes were cleaned out. If they say 2-5 then that should be OK but everything I have seen advises 2-3 as the optimum (otherwise the swimmers are getting old) - including when my 'donor' goes to give his sample for the IVF. Like DrH says the test is important and you want accurate results so just get him to clear the pipes himself on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning :thumbup:

Chicken – I am sorry about the appointment delay again – crazy how much time they waste of our precious time! Good luck hun ..oh just read your follow up post – sounds like a great plan! I also agree with BF – get your DH to ‘clean out the pipes’ –doesn’t matter how it’s done – but will be important to get the best sample (3-4 days max).:thumbup:

Lils – sorry to hear you can’t take any more sick days...:nope: that sucks! Very nice story with the SIL.... hope you get some energy back soon.... you have been through so much...:hugs: And who cares about the xmas cards – I didn’t do any last year –so f%ck it.... but this year decided to do... Just take care of yourself.:hugs::kiss:

Kismet – re: your question about diarrhea –I’ve never heard of those supplements causing that.... but the RE did mention that if one has diarrhea in your TWW or close to period time –that it 'could' have something to do with endo.... As the endo can affect different places in different people – some people it affects their joints, some their bowels... but do you find it has only started this cycle? (if it's not happening every cycle around the same time then I wouldn't worry about it) Good luck to you – it’s probably just a fluke.... Yes definitely take some good probiotic capsules every day to help.:thumbup::hugs:

Mirium –
Yay – that is great news :happydance:and I hope the doc can confirm that all is okay and praying for a sticky bean for you....:thumbup:

Maddy – praying that you get some good news too....:hugs:

Pebble – say what??? Why does FF keep changing it’s mind??? Good luck hun and I’m glad you have a great sense of humour...:thumbup::hugs:

Hello and hugs to everyone I missed.....:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I have been thinking about this for a few days.... I am just so tired of thinking of TTC that i need to stop -stop thinking about it until my follow up app't with the RE on Dec 20th.... I need to take a break from BnB too - so I may not be on here much or have to slowly wean myself off.... it's just a painful reminder when I'm on here and as much as I love you ladies and love the friendships that I've made -in this forum it's just really hard for me right now and I just need a break.

I have been so grumpy this past week and I don't like this side of me.

Hope you can understand .... thank you for all your support :hugs:and wishing you all the best for Christmas miracles....:dust::dust::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

green i'm liking your temperatures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was liking my temperatures too until yesterday and this morning. Tested on Saturday and got a BFN and then temp dropped but still no signs of AF. According to FF, I'm 3 days late. Not sure what's going on :( Now sitting here waiting for the witch to show...

Dashka - I totally understand because you have been through so much. I felt like I was going through the wringer too and I started to do some soul searching last week, including reflecting on all the things that will make me happy and mind pacification, more or less affirming to myself that everything will be okay regardless and I am trying to continue to do that. I absolutely hope that you can have a happy ending! Big, big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you and try to fill your time with things that you love dear...:hugs: :hugs:

Dwrgi - Big, big :hugs: :hugs: to you. :thumbup: for the positive attitude.

Pebble - FF is struggling with your chart... :) Is it that you missed the OPK surge and therefore unsure of when you ovulated too? Hope you caught the eggy.

Lils - I hope that you're regaining your sight and also that you caught the eggy!

Maddy - I just have to hope that the doc was right and based on what I posted in the spoiler, he might be, unless ectopic is involved - god forbid...hope that makes sense. I hope you're not out for the month!!

Greenleaf - Sorry about the BFN. Big, big :hugs: :hugs: to you.

Thanks ladies. I will do another test tomorrow and see what it says and go from there...sigh...no fun.

Dear ladies,

Thank you for all the well wishes and concerns for hubby. He's in a lot of pain especially when he tries to lie down and get up from bed. I suspect he has more than just a fractured rib. I can't even touch his shoulder and neck. Could it be a fractured shoulder blade? To make it worse, he had to go for tooth implant yesterday and seeing how the dentist tried to hammer the screw into the jaw at the same side of his injured shoulder made me cringe. Even the anesthetic was not enough to numb the pain.

AFM, my temp dropped yesterday and this morning but still no signs of AF. I tested on Saturday but was BFN. And my spotting this month is rather weird. It's very light compared to other months and no gunky reddish brown discharge (sorry tmi). Spotting stopped yesterday and from past experience, AF should arrive the next day (which is today). So here I sit waiting for the witch to come but I don't have any cramps like I used to have b4 AF. If FF is correct, I'm 3 days late. But with the temp drop, BFN and no AF, it's a bit worrying. Is something wrong with me??! Should I even be testing again?

Green: :hug: I'm so sorry for what DH is going through! That sounds just awful. :hugs: Has he had enough X-rays or whatever is needed to make sure nothing else is broken? As for your chat, I'd say wait another day or two and if AF still hasn't shown, test again. It could just be the stress of what your DH is going though has messed with your cycle a bit. :hugs:

They did a chest and hand x-ray. Fractured 4th rib, fingers okay. But will the chest x-ray be able to pick up a fractured shoulder blade (aka scapula)? Or does the x-ray had to be taken from the back?

No need to wait. The wicked witch just showed :( Guess there will be no more baby making for 2-3 months until DH stops falling to pieces every time I touch him. He's so fragile now I'm afraid of hurting him. To see him in so much pain scares me especially when he is someone with high pain tolerance.

I'm going to have to come back & catch up later, but for now...

I got my :bfp: this morning! A pretty good line, too, not just faint (& its the wondfo's so no evap lines on those). I'm scared shitless. :cry: Maybe #5 will be lucky for me - maybe, please God? At any rate, I am not celebrating yet because if I'm going to lose it, it will probably be quite early, so let's wait for some blood work before getting any kind of happy... Could use some magic Xmas sticky :dust: in the meantime... :hugs:

LILS
OMG OMG. I am so Happy for you... I get the wait and see but girlfriend that is very exciting news.... crossing fingers for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green - scapulas are tricky. They usually need CT and he needs to be examined from head to toe again including checking for spinal tenderness over the cervical and thoracic spine and over the scapula. If he is really sore its definitely worth having him checked out again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->