TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi Ladies! :xmas3:

After about 3 solid days of 18 hours of work, our house is more or less presentable to the houseguests who are arriving in a couple of hours. I'm DEAD. :xmas15: But we got all the floors installed (didn't do the trim work, and I've got a sneaky suspicion that'll be a few months), the house is clean-ish, everyone has a bed with clean linens (Have I mentioned the washing machine just broke? :wacko:), and there's plenty of :wine:. We had a couple of truly wretched days, that I won't even go into right now, but FX it'll be a relaxing holiday now. :xmas9: Oh yeah, that emoticon reminds me that I should go trim the tree.

Hope you are all doing as well as can be expected, given your situations.

Kismet, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle! :hugs:

Mirium, hope all is well. Keep us posted. When do you get more news?

Pad, congrats! Although I have to admit that I'm confused about how that's possible. I think I've missed something. :blush: :wacko:

OMM --hope you're okay. :hugs: I don't know anything about that, so I'm no help. :shrug:

That's about all I have time for--just wanted to catch the biggies. I'll post again as soon as I can. Many Christmas/Pagan Tree Day/Kwanza/Belated Hanukka/Secular Holiday/Or Whatever hugs and kisses to everyone!!! ''

Hi Everyone wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas and a Wonderful 2013.

I'm 8DPO today and driving myself mad symptom spotting :yellowcard:

Pbl chillax now.

Chicken gotta love symptom spotting!gd luck.

Afm struggling at the mo with how xmas was meant to be this yr but trying to keep positive.think i was just keeping it together til the end of term.blah!any hoo new yr new start etc.my cbfm arrived so am going to start that up next cycle.

Am off to boyfs family for most of week so will wish u all a very merry xmas and hope all our wishes come true in the new yr.

Much love vxx

I wanted to pop by and wish you all happy holidays! :xmas8::xmas3::xmas9::xmas23::xmas12::xmas10::xmas8::xmas6:

Big hugs to all who need it! :hugs:

And a huge thank you for the support. You're the best! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Wishing everyone here a safe happy and peaceful Christmas xxxc may 2013 bring you all exactly what you ever wanted xxxxx

Merry, merry Christmas to everyone - all of the ladies!!! :cake::pizza::icecream::wine::lolly:::xmas14::xmas16: We should all try to relax and eat and drink and enjoy this day!

Merry Christmas all! Ate too much just about to have presents! Woo hoo!

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I am 36 and TTC for just over a year now. Have been on four clomid cycles and have started estradiol this month and now progesterone pills (all per my OBGYN). it's so frustrating each month, because I get cramps and lower back pain pretty much right after I ovulate....it's like my body doesn't even allow itself time to get pregnant! anyone else ever feel that way?

I have been lurking on here for a long time and have also read pages and pages of posts starting from page 1. I hope it is okay for me to join all of you ladies on your TTC journeys, as I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this.

I am 36 yo and have been charting (FF) since May '12 when I got off BC after many years of using it to control cysts and heavy, painful periods. DH and I have been actively TTC since.

Some other background...Recently I have been experiencing nights sweats for 3-4 nights in a row during AF. I went to my ob-gyn about this a few weeks ago, and she wants to do an FSH test because she is concerned this has something to do with the night sweats. After looking at my previous cycle, she also mentioned a chemical pregnancy (My temps remained elevated throughout AF), but I don't quite understand how they can determine a chemical pg. As for the blood test, I'm nervous about it...

In addition to my issues, my husband has DE, so while we can BD just fine, he doesn't ejaculate. Needless to say, this has made babymaking even more challenging and stressful. As a result, we have been doing home insemination using a needle-less syringe, but it hasn't worked yet (still hopeful).

Hubby got a referral to get an SA at the Shady Grove Fertility Cinic, so our next steps in the process are my blood test and his SA.

In the meantime, I foolishly spent the last two weeks scrutinizing every last symptom and had convinced myself I was pg. Sadly, AF showed up yesterday, so now I'm looking on to the next cycle...

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. :)

Welcome ladies. Afraid i don't know much aboit ur indiv issues but I hope ur stay here is short but sweet!

Hope everyone is having a lovely xmas.x

Hello everyone!!!! I'm fairly new to the site. I'm in my research and consulting stage.
AMH .53 38 yo Consult : IVF... still have another sono to go on January 7th.

bgss same thing happens with me. I ovulate and than I am crampy and sore until my period.

Thanks for the welcome, Samsfan and nessaw.

It is nice to know there are people out there who truly understand what you're going through.

Totally understand. I'm trying to digest what my fs has advised. He advised I go straight to IVF. I'm debating whether I try IUI first. He said results are at 10 percent with IUI and IVF has a success rate of 40 percent.

Tough dealing with the effects of IVF... I have a lot to think about. Wish it would just happen naturally. Starting to take my temp. Maybe a miracle will happen in January

Thanks for the welcome, Samsfan and nessaw.

It is nice to know there are people out there who truly understand what you're going through.

Bgs4444 - Welcome!! I hope your stay is short. I've had the same constant soreness after ovulation in some cycles too.
It's only a mere few weeks but I got pregnant recently
My advice is to keep consulting with your ob-gyn about it but don't get too worried because it seems like getting pregnant sometimes really has no rhyme or reason!

Iamtruetome - Welcome!! I hope your stay is short. I have ran into the Shady Grove Clinic website online. It sounded like a really good fertility clinic. That's great that you're running some tests and reading through the thread. Give it all your best shot and I hope that you have success soon!

Samsfan - Good luck with the consulting. I hope you come up with an awesome plan!

AFM
I did testing again today so I am waiting for results from both today and last Friday. I really should have called for it today but I just could not bring myself to :nope:. I also realise that I am holding back on scheduling the date for my 1st sono. I just find it all very stressful. However, I will have to face the music so tomorrow I guess I will get results and/or schedule the sono. Today though, I was extremely tired and sleepy so seems like the pregnancy is still progressing. Take care ladies

Totally understand. I'm trying to digest what my fs has advised. He advised I go straight to IVF. I'm debating whether I try IUI first. He said results are at 10 percent with IUI and IVF has a success rate of 40 percent.

Tough dealing with the effects of IVF... I have a lot to think about. Wish it would just happen naturally. Starting to take my temp. Maybe a miracle will happen in January

Just wondering...why did fs advise that you go straight to IVF? You said you're just starting to temp...how had you been determining ovulation before then? I'm temping every morning and using OPK. Despite having it all timed "perfectly" the last few cycles, it didn't take. We are doing home insemination, so I'm sure that is a factor too. For how many cycles have you been ttc? (I apologize if you have already mentioned this.)

I have two friends who struggled with fertility, but I don't feel I can talk to either of them right now for very different reasons. One went through both IUI and IVF. It was an emotionally draining few years for she and her husband, and she is now going on 41 and not sure if they'e going to continue trying. They are also considering adoption. Another friend TTC for five years...was told she had "old eggs" at 33. She went through two rounds of IVF with no luck. They took a break for over a year, and she is now due in January with her first, a baby boy (she will be 37 in April). I am so thrilled for her that I refuse to discuss my TTC struggles. I don't want to dampen her happy moment...she has already been through so much and deserves this.

IAMTRUE---- I am married 3 years, using OPK's for last 6 months. We have really been trying to conceive for a year... prior to OPK's I just charted... We never used any protection for 3 years we have been married. I recently went to FS in beginning of December. I had a sonogram, blood tests, femvue and more blood tests. My AMH is .53. We originally spoke about IUI. FS states success rate on IUI is 10 percent with drugs its 15 percent with IVF it is 40 to 45 percent. I am 38 years of age. We had a lengthy discussion about my profession, lifestyle concerns and he then suggested IVF. I am not a worse case scenario.. but he doesn't suggest waiting to try naturally. He says he doesn't know how much time I have. He really cannot tell. I guess that is why he suggested IVF. He felt strongly about IVF after our conversation.

I also have a friend who had IUI. I feel the same way. I cannot discuss it. I also have another friend, who is very supportive. She has 2 kids from a prior marriage.. She had them young. She was remarried at 38 and she has been through 7 years of IVF without success. She is now 50. She encouraged me to go to FS. She also feels that I should jump into IVF.

I have another blood test, gyn exam and sono scheduled for first week in January. I guess I have to decide by January 7th and we will take it from there. This process takes a while. I probably won't be able to start until Feb if that is the avenue I'm going to take. Don't know if that helps. I saw on another thread about acupuncture. I think in the meantime, I'm going to give that a try.

Just wondering...why did fs advise that you go straight to IVF? You said you're just starting to temp...how had you been determining ovulation before then? I'm temping every morning and using OPK. Despite having it all timed "perfectly" the last few cycles, it didn't take. We are doing home insemination, so I'm sure that is a factor too. For how many cycles have you been ttc? (I apologize if you have already mentioned this.)

I have two friends who struggled with fertility, but I don't feel I can talk to either of them right now for very different reasons. One went through both IUI and IVF. It was an emotionally draining few years for she and her husband, and she is now going on 41 and not sure if they'e going to continue trying. They are also considering adoption. Another friend TTC for five years...was told she had "old eggs" at 33. She went through two rounds of IVF with no luck. They took a break for over a year, and she is now due in January with her first, a baby boy (she will be 37 in April). I am so thrilled for her that I refuse to discuss my TTC struggles. I don't want to dampen her happy moment...she has already been through so much and deserves this.

Iamtruetome - Welcome!! I hope your stay is short. I have ran into the Shady Grove Clinic website online. It sounded like a really good fertility clinic. That's great that you're running some tests and reading through the thread. Give it all your best shot and I hope that you have success soon!

Mirium,

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. I hope that my stay here is short too, but it is comforting to know there are people to talk to if it becomes a bit of a longer visit than I'd like. :)

What tests are you getting done? I hope that everything goes well for you and you go on to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->