TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Re: low AMH
I have low AMH too, we actually got pregnant earlier this month with IUI but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. Still it was nice to see that a BFP can happen without going to full IVF.

hi ladies, Very quick because i have no internet at home at the moment so this is coming from work.

Welcome to all the newbie, I will chat as soon as I am back on line.

Lils, Fantastic honey sending you loads of love and hugs.

Hope all the bumps are doing well.

Lots of BD to you all, I hope the Christmas magic has worked.

AFM - BNF Yesterday but not due till Sunday. Loads of symptoms and it is driving me mad. I'm really bloated, hot flushes, Very tender BB and I'm constantly need to pee. I even tested myself for a water infection (advantages of working for the NHS) but that was all negative. Will test again tomorrow. Hopefully I will be back next week with good news.

Take Care and Happy New Year.

I'm sorry if I have missed anything I will reread once I'm back online at home. XXX

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I’ve been away so long.... trying to catch up – been awake since 4:30am :wacko:so thought I would use this time to catch up on here –it took a while -it’s now 6:48am! Got tons of snow here yesterday so back is aching quite a bit from all the shovelling....

Lils –
OMG I’m so happy for your little FR heartbeat !!:happydance: FB’d you as well.... have everything crossed for you and hope the nausea gets better soon...:hugs::kiss:.

Samsfan – welcome! :flower:I may also being doing IVF again (#2) in Feb/March....I am a regular on here (but just took a break) and I turned 40 this year (been TTC for 11 years and have 1 adopted daughter “AD”) I would really recommend the acupuncture as well.... The good thing about IVF is it can sometimes pinpoint problems that other procedures can’t.... also if you go with ICSI (where 1 sperm is injected into one egg) it raises chances if sperm isn’t amazing otherwise or sometimes the shell of the egg is too hard to penetrate so ICSI helps that way too.... I understand your concern re: what it does to the body – as I studied Holistic Nutrition (and practiced as a nutritionist for a while) so taking those kinds of drugs for IVF#1 was really hard for me – and took me a long time to get there – 10 yrs! But turning 40 gave me a kick in the butt....I had tried IUI 2X about 8 yrs ago (with Clomid for a few months) without luck.... but everyone is different. As for how long it takes to start IVF....I’d say once your tests are back –then my clinic just says to show up on CD2 of your cycle you want to start and there are many different protocols some longer, some shorter.... You can check out my journal if you like. Good Luck with your decision! :thumbup:

Dwrgi – your description of a “thinker” is like me too!!! I so analyze everything and research before I do anything..... Hope you had a nice Christmas hun :hugs::kiss:

Pad
- I’ve FB’d you – still can’t believe you are having a boy – I am really happy for you:happydance: !

Froliky – so glad you got to meet up with Lils – I want to move to FL!!! I am sorry about your insensitive friend:hugs:– I would probably distance myself from her too if she made me feel like crap.... or just tell her. Thinking of you these next few days and can’t wait to hear your news!:thumbup:

Lady H –
so happy for you that all is going well...:thumbup:.

Mirium – did you get results yet?? Hope all is okay!!!:hugs:

Tiger – hope you are having a nice holiday....:hugs:

OMM – hope those suppositories did the trick – sorry don’t have any advice on inflammation of cervix.... Hope it disappears soon!!:hugs:

Greenleaf – your chart is looking good! And spotting at 6/7DPO??? Hope that is implantation bleeding! Good luck!!:thumbup:

Dr.H –
Happy 12 weeks!!!!:thumbup: So glad that your parents are stoked and that went well....

Maddy – hope you are okay hun!!:hugs:

Kismet - I’m so sorry for your loss hun :hugs:– I hope next year only good things come your way....:hugs: Crazy snow we got right?

Lady H –
Happy 21 weeks! So glad things are going well for you!:thumbup:

Pebble – wow that flooring sounds like it was a killer.... I hope the house guests aren’t too much work – I know how that can be.... Good luck with the BD marathon!:thumbup::hugs:

Chicken – symptom spotting.....hmmm.... those are great symptoms and I’m crossing everything for you...:thumbup: especially if that isn’t normal for you.... I found taking progesterone cream in the TWW gave me symptoms like that but you aren’t taking any are you? Good luck!!!:hugs:

Ness – hope you had a nice Christmas!:hugs:

Purps – hope you are getting some more sleep – and enjoying every moment of your little Lana!:hugs::kiss:

Bgs4444- welcome!!!:flower:

Iamtruetome – welcome!!:flower:

Firebaby – welcome :flower:– your name sounds familiar??? You’ve been on here before right??

AFM - well we think we are going ahead with IVF#2 (went to RE followup on Dec 20th - more in my journal) It will be a low-stim and short protocol this time. We are trying to decide between Feb/March-pros and cons to each month but if I don't do by March will have to wait until Sept/October. He has put me on DHEA again and I've increased my CoQ10 to 600mg/day.

On another note - I am feeling really shitting again re: DH and I :cry:- this is my fertile time once again -think I'm ovulating today and we got into a bit of a disagreement before bed so plans to BD last night called off...Now tonight we are sleeping over my SIL's and we won't be home until tomorrow evening so pretty sure even if we BD tomorrow night -we will have missed it but we'll see... I'm so fed up....:grr::grr: It's like he's not interested /has given up on trying when I tell him it's 'time' and it shouldn't be that way. We BD'd 3 days ago when I wasn't in the mood and ofcourse that was ok. He doesn't say the words -but I can just tell.... Not mentioning 'the time' is not an option with us as it just won't happen. Argh!:nope:

Hope you ladies have a better day :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Hi ladies,

Pebble - sounds like you had a busy but fun Xmas!! Good luck with the TTC/2ww!!

Kismet - Big :hugs: to you. I hope all goes well regarding the weather and your uncle's funeral!!

Dashka - I know the scheduling of BDD can get stressful sometimes. I would probably try initiating & spicing things up... :) and not advise that it's time but you've probably tried it all and I know it's easy to say. Sometimes, when the time comes, it just does not go as planned. This whole TTC experience that we all know of must be tough on your DH too! It would be just amazing if you can succeed with the 2nd IVF and that could happen...:hugs: and :hugs:

Lils
Wow. They give anti-nauseau meds too. You have things all wrapped up dear. The steroids are masking those symptoms for me. I can tell because I can feel them but in an understated way. In the past, I would feel horrible now but I don't so I think it's the steroids as I read online that it can have that effect.

Butterfly - Hope you're enjoying the holidays!!

Chicken - I wish you get a pleasant surprise and AF does not show

Maddy - :wave:

Hello to all the other ladies as well!!

AFM
My HCG rose to 24,737. The nurse said - it's looking good. I thought of trying to calculate if it actually doubled every 48 hours but I decided not to, in order to avoid doubt creeping in. Based on when I thought I ovulated, I think that I am about exactly 7 weeks now. I scheduled the 1st ultrasound for Old Years Eve morning so Monday. I couldn't put it off any longer. I am trying to stay positive but this period of uncertainty is also tough!! Have a great day ladies!

Chicken - test again in a few days & I'll keep FX! :dust: Are you on progesterone cream now? Whats the latest with all of your testing & results/advice?

Dash - I posted in your journal more in-depth. But, I think DH is just plain tired. I bet if you talked to him, that after such a promising, stellar RE appt. :)happydance:), that he was hoping for a bit of a break. He's probably putting his eggs in the IVF basket by now. Remember its been 11 yrs & although you are the strongest woman alive, he may not be that strong & may just need a teeny lil break? But, on a better note - can't believe they are throwing everything + the kitchen sink at your IVF this cycle!!! :yipee::wohoo: I'm so excited for you!

Mirium -
:yipee: That's so awesome! yes, please don;t try to calculate it after 6 wks because it no longer doubles every 48 - its slows down to doubling every 72 (or so) & everyone's different. Yay for scan on Old Year's Eve! :happydance::haha: (never heard of that before)

Don't worry, I almost started freaking out yest/today over temp drops, but I had a new therm. When tested with the old one, it was .5 degrees diff - big diff. still a drop, but I'm trying not to read into it. Then I got worried that 6+2 (today) was behind. Had to calculate it all out & it should be 6+3 (if using FF Ov day), so only 1 day diff & one thing I learned is that reading the u/s can vary by tech/Dr & so I refuse to give into this fear. Whatever is going to happen will happen & I can't do anything about it as long as I'm doing everything that I can, within my control, right? :shrug: Same goes for you, hun. You are doing everything you can, so take comfort in that. :hugs:

AFM - I am off to the hematologist today to speak to her about my MTHFR, very high B6 & many issues I've had that I've noticed in the last 3+ yrs that may be related (severe thirst - all other tests normal, allergies, etc). I am also going to ask if she will retest me for NK cells as right now I'm not on steroids, so at the very least I will have the intralipid convo w/her to see what she thinks (more? when?). God help the poor soul if I mc over not enough steroids or intralipids... After all this time, effort & heartache, God help them is all I have to say...

Have a great day ladies!!! :flower: & :dust: to those Ov'ing or in 2WW!!!

:hugs: to those hurting today... :flow:

Dashka- So nice to meet you!!! I'm thinking i'll get under way by February or March also. I still have a lot of testing to do. Gyno clearance and mammo. Watersono and have to make an appointment with my endo. I also think the doctor has missed my 3 day blood tests and I have to remind them so we don't miss another cycle. How long did it take you to do all the tests.

Lil- So sorry for your loss. Thanks for being so informative

Dash, so nice to see you here and to know that you're gearing up for IVF#2!!! :happydance: Sorry OH is tuckered out. Hope you and yours had a great holiday, and that some extra supplements and rest in the next few months cook up a really quality batch of embies! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Good luck with the docs, Lils!!!

Thanks Pebble! :hugs:

Hematologist appt went very well - I am doing everything I am supposed to do, so she was very confident in me. It was a little nerve-wracking as it was a cancer center & it was just very sad *& I felt like my piddly lil issue didn't compare to these poor souls' issues. :cry: but she assured me she does work w/infertility blood matters too, so she said it was a great thing I did come in & I feel so much better now. She said she is not worried about low RBC, just when your hematocrit is low, anemia becomes a real issue (???). I'm going to keep an eye on it anyway & ask high-risk Dr about it - in Type A fashion, of course. :haha:
Oh, yes, she advises that I go see high risk OBGYN now - not 3 weeks from now, so will have to start those calls to make it happen on Monday...

TGIF, TGIFF & TFIF!!!! Pebble, Dwrgi, BF, you have mine right??? :wine::beer::drunk:

:wine::beer::drunk: to those who are ready & willing :winkwink:
:hugs: to those having a hard time
:dust: to those currently :sex: & 2WW
:flower: to the rest!

Lil-- I'm glad it went well... I'm saying prayers... Positive thoughts your way

Thanks Pebble! :hugs:

Hematologist appt went very well - I am doing everything I am supposed to do, so she was very confident in me. It was a little nerve-wracking as it was a cancer center & it was just very sad *& I felt like my piddly lil issue didn't compare to these poor souls' issues. :cry: but she assured me she does work w/infertility blood matters too, so she said it was a great thing I did come in & I feel so much better now. She said she is not worried about low RBC, just when your hematocrit is low, anemia becomes a real issue (???). I'm going to keep an eye on it anyway & ask high-risk Dr about it - in Type A fashion, of course. :haha:
Oh, yes, she advises that I go see high risk OBGYN now - not 3 weeks from now, so will have to start those calls to make it happen on Monday...

TGIF, TGIFF & TFIF!!!! Pebble, Dwrgi, BF, you have mine right??? :wine::beer::drunk:

:wine::beer::drunk: to those who are ready & willing :winkwink:
:hugs: to those having a hard time
:dust: to those currently :sex: & 2WW
:flower: to the rest!

Thanks Sams, I can use all I can get!!!

For those interested, as promised:
If anyone is interested in seeing u/s pic, its here in PARL (hope this link works?): https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ent-losses-come-join-us-781.html#post24274753.

Yep I got your share last night too :wine: :dohh::haha:

So excited about hb :happydance::cloud9:

Praying the lil-lilS is staying strong in there :hugs:

Hey Ladies, happy almost-New Year. I have been working like a dog every day since Christmas but am coming towards the end of my 6 shifts, thank goodness. I might actually have a chance to read and catch up some time next week! Great to read lots of good continued *stickiness* in the over-35s. Gonna get me some of that in 2013 :)

AFM
We've decided to try another IUI in mid-Jan. Back on the emotional roller-coast...

Hey girls! I'm new here and would like to share my experience with ttc #1. I am 37 years old and I have been trying now for 4 months. My cycle is 28 days (like clockwork from when I can remember, but seriously tracked for the last year) and ovulation usually CD13/14 (have been using OPK's for the 4 months ttc). And here I was thinking I'm perfect and will fall pregnant on my first try!! LOL! Not so easy, hey?! Guess it's time to realise that age does matter. I'm 8 dpo today and hoping this will be the one. We have just been relying on the good old fashioned way, so no dr's appointments or treatments yet. Any advise on natural herbs etc. or general advise will really be appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent... sooooo frustrating! Good luck with all on those BFP's

Hey ladies made it back from oop north with the out laws in one piece.their idea of xmas fun is hiking up hills whilst mine is most def not!fortunately the dogs behaved.they hadn't
been invited to stay since the eldest one wagged down most of the tree 6 yrs ago!!

Welcome all newbies-have forgotten who i already said hi to-doh.

Mirium and lils-stick stick stickety stick.x

pbl and butterfly am with you on the vino-white wine positive for majority of festive season. :)

maddy and dash-hugs.glad u have a plan of action.

Afraid i can't remember who said about cramping pre af.i have had this since coming off depo injection-even before my periods started again.my theory is it is a side effect of taking folic acid as the timing fits.i def didnt have it before as i never used to know when a period was coming.

Afm made it thro with just a slight wobble on xmas day.used to love the song all i want for xmas is u but now cant bear hearing it.am on day 13 but havent done any opks as been away and didnt want to poas at the in laws.and of course there was no bding involved!

Best news on return home tonight was appt for the fert clinic for the 16th jan so hopefully can get some answers/ideas etc.

Sorry for missing people but thinking of u all.huge thanks for all ur support.

Love to all vx

Hi. I'm Emily. This is my first cycle ttc, and I don't want to tell a lot of friends and family in case it doesn't work out, but I really wanted a place where I could share with others who get it. I'm a pretty private person and I don't want people asking how it's going, in case it doesn't. I'm a lesbian so no one is expecting me to get pregnant, so fortunately I've never had anyone ask me if I'm going to have kids. Well, beyond the "do you want kids" questions, but those pretty much ended when I hit 35, and I'm 38. But yes, I always wanted kids and was charting and had everything planned out to ttc a few years ago, but the economy crashed and I broke up with my former partner all at once, so I had to put things on hold until my life was a little more stable. I'd have done it all when I was younger if I could have. So pretty much only my donor, my girlfriend, and two really close friends know. If I get pregnant I don't want to tell anyone else until I get safely through the first trimester, though we'll see if that really happens. Last night I was just bursting to tell the friend I had dinner with, though I didn't.

This is day 12 of my cycle. I inseminated on days 9 and 11 and today my fertility monitor says that I'm ovulating in the next 24-36 hours. Well, I guess under 24 now since I tested this morning! I am reading all of the stories about how long it could take, or that maybe it won't work at all. I feel like the two weeks are going to be an eternity while I wait to know one way or the other!

More newbies!! Welcome RDK and Emily! (Will write more anon. Gotta go bd :haha:)

Hello Everyone, New Here. I am 38 And Have been TTC for Over 7 years now, This is the First time I Have ever joined a TTC site and Hope that in Sharing And Learning From eath other I May Be able to Finally Get My BFP this year 2013 =)

:hi: hi newbies, rdk, Emily and Scorpio

It is great to have this board here to share with as there is so much knowledge and often you don't want to share with people irl as they may not understand.

Rdk 4 months is still early days so no need for docs yet :thumbup:

Emily good luck with the donor, I was in a similar type of situation where I had to figure out which day to go to see my ex :winkwink: cd 9 seems quite early for a day13/14 ovulation though (sorry that sounds a bit harsh but wondered on your reasons for that :flower:)

Scorpio Wow 7 years, sorry you have been on the ttc train that long. Have you seen docs and found out any reasons? :flower:

Hi Everyone a really quick update AF due tomorrow and still BFN but getting cramps so I think he is on her way. Not sure if I'm more upset that I had convinced myself that this could be it for getting the BNF. All I ask now is that if she is going to come she gets a more on because I wont have a new year drink until she does. Happy New Year to you all and will talk soon I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->