TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Chicken, hugs to you. 2013 is our year.

Nessaw good news about the clinic appointment.

RdKMommy & Scorpio welcome. We are a nice bunch if I do say so :)

Emily welcome too.. Do you have a friendly doctor helping you that is monitoring your blood levels so you know the best time to inseminate, or just DIY? Good luck!

Shes here......... Going to sit in my pit and drink :cry: See you all in the new year. Take care all.

Chicken - so sorry that damn witch got you..... Damn damn damn....:hugs::hugs:

Hello to all the newbies - rdk, Emily and Scorpio - hope your stay is short and sweet!:flower:

Lils -
thanks hun.... So glad to hear that your app`t went well re: bloods - it must be really hard and nervewrecking for you right now... but things are looking really good - you are doing everything you can and are being so proactive and I`m so excited for you!:hugs::thumbup::happydance:

Maddy - yay so glad to hear you are going for IUI 2 IN Jan!:thumbup::hugs:

Mirium -
things are looking really good for you!!! :happydance::thumbup:Good luck on your scan Monday!! keep us posted !

Ness - glad to hear about your FS app`t in mid-January!! YAY!!!:thumbup::hugs:

BF - things are moving fast now - you are almost leaving soon -yes!!:thumbup::hugs:

Samsfan - glad you found my journal - re: how long it takes for all the tests - I`m in Canada and first went to see the RE end of July and had followup with RE for test results (bloodwork, HSG etc and SA) beginning of September.... then I started IVF protocol in October.... I think it would depend on the clinic.... Good luck maybe we`ll be going through it at the same time!:thumbup::hugs:

Pebble - hope you are doing okay with the visitors :winkwink: Have they left yet :winkwink: :hugs:

Hello and hugs to everyone I missed!!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - Friday morning I talked to DH on the phone and told him how pissed I was that I really felt we are not on the same page and that I don`t want to do IVF if he is not expressing how he feels etc... I said I thought we were slipping away from each other and that when he felt it he wanted to talk to let me know as this has to stop.... He immediately left work - I think I scared the shit out of him ) We had a long talk and I poured my guts out and cried and told him everything I`d been feeling and what I needed from him....it felt really good and he tried to explain too... so things are better between us now... so glad.... we`ll see if it keeps up... but we`ve promised to talk more....:winkwink:

Oh, Chicken, I'm so sorry. :hugs: :cry:

Glad you and OH had a good talk, Dash. :hugs: :thumbup:

Hi, just a very quickie - will catch up this week...

Asry asked me to update BNB for those interested -

Asry had her baby boy! :blue: :happydance: He was born 12/26 at 10:20pm, 7.05lbs (3.2kg) & 50cm tall. His name will be announced at the christening in about a month, as that is how they do it in Finland (or they have a naming party if not Christian). :thumbup: She had a pretty rough, 24hr labor & they had to use a plunger to get him out even after jumping up & down & pushing 1.5 hrs, so she is still in the hospital, but recovering well. Congrats Asry!!!! :yipee::cloud9:

Big luvs to everyone! :hugs:

Hi all again. Thanx for the very warm welcome on your forum. So I'm 10 dpo today, and after all the great symptoms (all of which I never had in previous months), ie. very watery cm from 4 dpo - 8 dpo, a very sharp pinch in uterus (I jumped from it) on 6 dpo, extreme hunger, loads of small pinches and pulls on left, right and middle of lower belly, etc.... Today, nothing except the hunger. Even CM has dried up completely. Feels that I'm already out, but AF only expected in 6 days. Anybody had symptoms that cleared but still ended up with BFP? Guess we'll just have to wait it out, huh? Anyway, how is everybody's ttc going?

Yay for asry, I was wondering how she was doing :happydance: Never knew that about naming though :wacko:

Rdk, I'm afraid that one thing you learn here is that you can have all the symptoms under the sun or none whatsoever and you could still either get a bfp or a bfn :dohh: So I'm afraid the only thing to do is try as hard as you can not to symptom spot or it will drive you insane :wacko::hugs::hugs:

Hi all

Chicken so sorry to hear. RIng in the new year with champagne and party like its 1999, with baby dust for lucky 13!

Dash stoked you got it all out your oh loves you !

Welcome to rdk, Emily, Scorpio! May 13 be your lucky no too!

No news here, uss fri!

Hi, just a very quickie - will catch up this week...

Asry asked me to update BNB for those interested -

Asry had her baby boy! :blue: :happydance: He was born 12/26 at 10:20pm, 7.05lbs (3.2kg) & 50cm tall. His name will be announced at the christening in about a month, as that is how they do it in Finland (or they have a naming party if not Christian). :thumbup: She had a pretty rough, 24hr labor & they had to use a plunger to get him out even after jumping up & down & pushing 1.5 hrs, so she is still in the hospital, but recovering well. Congrats Asry!!!! :yipee::cloud9:

Big luvs to everyone! :hugs:

Congrats asry! Holding your baby boy must make the labour and ventouse pale into insignificance! Good luck for the naming party!

Dash, so pleased that you and DH had a good long chat. He needs to know how you feel, and what you need from him! Hope he keeps up the good work! Xxxx

Chicken, damn the witch. I hate her! Big hugs and lots of treats for you, xxxx

Lils, you're doing brilliantly! Am so proud of you and have A Very Good Feeling about little Rice Grain! Xxx Thanks for updating on Asry!

Asry, congratulations!

Love to everybody! Xxxxxxx

Hi Guys Thanks For The Welcome . I Have Stage 4 Endo, When I Was in my 20s I Had a surgery to take apart my left ovary and reconstruct it At Hopkins, I See one of the Best in the Country. At that Time I Was told to try but I Was not Ready. Since then About 4 yrs ago I Had a Fibroid above my cervix that I DId not know about and Since had that removed. Before that I Was told I Had a blocked Tube. A Year ago in August I Had another HSG test which showed both my tubes were open. So I Now have 2 functioning Ovaries, To Open tubes and a uterus and Sad to say 38 still trying. I Have had my ups and downs and keep hoping one day it will happen. I have been to 2 of the best IVF places and Both stated They could get me pregnant But Due to Having At times grapefruit sized cysts and Leiden Factor v Blood disorder I Keep trying Naturally since I Have the equipment. If it's ment to be it's ment to be. I Have been through every surgery and test known to man and have had hundreds of sonagrams to the point I Can read them LOL So I Hope I can Help others through those things and will take any advice for things I Might have not tried yet=)

Chicken sorry about af.xx

dash glad u had a gd talk with hubbie.

Congrats asry great news.

Wow scorpio uve really been thro the mill.gd luck.

Happy new yrs eve eve folks.x

True - :hi: & welcome! You should get not just FSH, but you should be tested for the remaining hormones, as well. Usually Dr’s will test FSH, AMH, TSH, LH, Estradiol and some other hormones/tests on Day 3 of your cycle to see where you are at hormonaly. You may also get a test at Day 21 (OR 1 wk post-ovulation if you have a non-28 day cycle – very important). GL & hope the tests show you some answers. :flower:

LilSluz, thanks for the warm welcome and the sound advice. I should be ovulating sometime within the next 4-5 days, which means DH and I will attempt home insemination once again this week. It tends to get a bit complicated not being able to do it the "natural" way, but we both want a family, so we're willing to do whatever it takes. If we strike out again, I'll go for my FSH during the start of AF (I'll be sure to ask them about all the other tests you recommended too), and DH needs to get a SA. On top of his issues with DE, he had a surgery in his '20s "down below" and also used Propecia for several years until recently. I'm concerned that one or a combo of these factors is influencing his sperm. Then there's me, my age, my history of cysts.

One day at a time...
:-=

:dohh: Clearly I need to learn how to combine all my posts into one reply. (Sorry for all the posts, everyone! I will get the hang of this eventually!)

LilSluz, after replying, I read further and saw your u/s, which is so heartwarming. I will pray that you have a peaceful pregnancy and all goes well for the next 8+ months. :flower:

First of all, Happy 2013 to all of you on this board! I am so glad to be here in a place where women can openly discuss their concerns and fears, and also celebrate their successes on this TTC journey! I hope we all get BFPs this year, despite the various hurdles that come our way. Thanks to all of you for being so warm and welcoming to us newbies. I have been lurking for a long time...

Welcome, Emily! Are you inseminating at home too? My DH has DE, and we can't conceive the "natural" way, so we're taking the home insemination route (via needle-less syringe) and just hoping it will eventually work for us. I have been on other forums where couples have had success with this method, and I think we have gotten it down to a science...now just hoping it takes.

Do you know others who have had success with home insemination? Hopefully you will get a BFP in two weeks! :) Good luck!

Hi, Scorpio! I am new here as well... I hope that 2013 brings you a BFP, as you are a trooper and have clearly been through a lot! :hugs:

Thank you everyone for your responses and the warm welcome. I wish the best for all of you who have been trying for a long (or short) time and appreciate reading all of your stories.

Maddy40, I am just doing it myself for now. I have health insurance that will cover pregnancy expenses but not fertility ones, so I figure since I'm not paying for sperm I might as well try it myself for a couple of months and see if it works. I don't have daily access, but a donor who can meet me most days is pretty close to doing it the old fashioned way, and if I had a male partner I wouldn't be heading to the doctor but just be going off birth control and trying for at least a few months, I'm sure. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the fertility monitor is right, and since I've been charting my temperature I'm pretty sure I am ovulating and it's not just the hormones showing up.

I think I miscalculated when to inseminate this cycle. I feel kind of stupid about it. I get the hormone surge really early, CD7, so by CD9 I was thinking it was time. Then I thought it was too early, and instead of doing it CD11 we should wait until CD12, but he wasn't available as he'd planned around the dates I gave him. He was willing to meet me again today, CD13, but I figured it was already on the late side. Since I had the ovulation cramps early this morning, by the time I would have met him I would have already released the egg. I know it's possible to fertilize it a few hours after ovulation but it's better to inseminate before ovulation. I'm hoping that since sperm live inside the body for a few days, CD11 wasn't too early. If it didn't work this month, I'll know not to jump the gun for next month. Sometimes I ovulate as early as CD11 (but it's usually CD13-14) so I was nervous about missing it.

iamtruetome - well, not at home, but DIY method. My donor lives a few hours from me, so I'm driving to meet him, using the Instead cup in the bathroom, and hopping back in the car and heading back home. I guess it's all a learning process. If it works out the first time I'll call myself very lucky, and if it doesn't, we'll try different days next month, and if that doesn't work, keep trying other stuff and possibly I'll see a doctor about it if I have to.

Good luck Emily, Truetome and Scorpio. It sounds like you've all had quite interesting and at times difficult journeys to date. Hope 2013 is your year - and mine too :)

AFM wondering if the IUI injectibles last month might have mucked up my cycle as I got a really strong positive OPK yesterday and a lighter one today. I never O before Day 14 so CD11 would be really early for me. Sigh....this process is really tiring at times.

Lils -
thanks for the update on Asry:thumbup: - (atlhough knew from FB already - so happy for you Asry!) Hope you are feeling well Lils - thinking about you.....:hugs::kiss:

Emily, Rdk, Scorpio (and any newbies I missed) - good luck and it takes a while to get used to the speed of this thread (although it's been slower during the holidays :winkwink:) Hope 2013 breaks a record on here for BFPs...

Maddy - yah the drugs can do that to your cycle.... my first cycle after IVF my ov was several days later than usual.... this month - who the hell knows if I've ovulated yet....:shrug: Good luck hun....:hugs:

Hugs and kisses to all and may everyone have a safe and Happy New Year filled with lots and lots of :dust::dust::dust:

AFM - had a horrible night last night - my BIL called to ball me out about something that took place on Christmas Day and (really should have been for DH to hear) but he totally took it out on me....In my entire life - I've never been spoken to like that and made to feel so shitty. He then spoke to DH but by then he had let go of all his steam. It was 20 min of torture....I cried for 2 hours after that -went to bed at 1:00 and got up again at 5:30 and the tears started again. We are supposed to go to their place for New Year's tonight -but I don't think I can face him. ..... what a great way to end the year...:wacko::nope:

Thanks, Maddy40 and dashka.

dashka - I'm sorry about your BIL. :(

No rise in temp this morning. I still may have ovulated yesterday as I don't usually get much of a rise until the second day, but of course was hoping for a little rise this morning to indicate that I had. Sometimes it goes up by a few tenths of a degree the first day and then half a degree the second. I do tend not to have a huge variation between my high and low temps, really only about 4/10 difference between the top of the low range and bottom of the high range, but was still hoping to see some sign that I'd ovulated since I think I inseminated too early. My CM isn't tracking with other ovulation signs this month either. It usually does, but I've read on here about babies being conceived with little CM, so who knows? I'm trying not to worry about it. It's only the first month of trying.

Emily I had no CM which was unusual for me (see spoiler in my sig)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->