TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Yay DrH. Honestly as a mum of a blue they are SO MUCH FUN. My pink is much harder work. Then again the trauma in their backgrounds before they were adopted probably impacts....but still. Blues are wonderful :)

Samsfan I don't recall seeing your earlier post but they seem like very high IVF success rates for a 38yo. Have you had a good look at how the figures are presented? Some clinics counts every pregnancy that results from IVF and don't take into account that some don't continue - chemical pregs, miscarriages etc (so they present 40 pregnancies from 100 IVF cycles as a success rate of 40%). Whereas others count only the live births (ie: 20 live births from 100 IVF cycles = a success rate of 20%). The live birth rate for IVF in 41 year olds is 5% at my clinic which is actually lower then their IUI live birth rate which is 8%.

Hi

Spoiler alert so am on phone and don't know how to spoil on a mobile device.....

Downs rate lowest seen for my age 1/2870 great news, no amino required.

The sonographer suspects its a blue one. I've been desperate for it to be pink. It is very very healthy with all the right things everywhere.
fantastic news I'm so happy you don't need to go,through the stress of amnio that I did :hugs:

DrH

Woohoo! That sounds fab! So happy for you!! And blue bundles are lovely! Huge congrats and loves xxx

Happy Friday, ladies! This thread is nearly back to its normal overwhelming pace. I’ll feel better once I’ve totally lost track of things, like I used to every week. :winkwink:

DrH
That’s great news! I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with the baby one HE arrives! :blue: I’m really hoping for a girl, just because OH and I cannot agree on any boy names. At all. He suggested “Edward,” and I told him there was no way in hell we were going to name a baby after the main character from Twilight. :ban::yellowcard: But he hates all my boy names, too, so everyone has to think pink for Pebble, I suppose. :haha:
How are you feeling? Has the second tri glow begun?? :cloud9:
Maddy, you and I are TWW buddies! :friends: How are you feeling? More about mine down below. I see that you’re not optimistic about it. More IUI next month, or something different?

OMM, when do you start travelling? :plane::boat: I do think about what we’ll give up if/when we have kids. Both OH and I would love to do lots of travelling, but we don’t have the sort of income to do that with little ones in tow. Perhaps you should be on travel duty, akin to wine duty, for us! :haha: We’ll live vicariously through you, but this requires LOTS of picture!

Speaking of travelers, welcome back, Owl!!! :hi: Glad you had a good trip. :thumbup: You and Chicken will be IVF buddies! I agree with purps—this is going to be a lucky thread in the next couple of months!!! :happydance:

Green--:hugs: for the temp plunge. It also looks like you’re dealing with a lot of spotting. I’m not sure if you‘ve been asked this before, but have you tried a B complex? I used to spot for a week before AF, and it cleared right up with a B100 pill. Of course, I’m not sure if it really affected the root of the problem, but there are studies that suggest B vitamins (specifically B6, but you don’t want to take it alone) can increase fertility. Hope you’re doing well. How is OH? Has he recovered?

Emily, some people swear by BBT adjuster algorithms, like this one:
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php
I sleep badly, too, although I generally find that it doesn’t affect my temps too much. Of course, the days that seem really variable are always the key days around O. This is the main reason I’ve decided to go with OPKs for the next two months. I’m tired of being so uncertain! As for being old, it definitely seems to be pretty common for women to have babies at our age now, so I’m hoping we’ll fit right in at the PTA meetings. :haha:

Ness, I don’t know anything about the tests you mentioned, but I hope your answers are good! :hugs: Hope you’re feeling better.

Carole, thanks for dropping by, and congrats on your LO!!!! :pink:

Lils, SO glad you pushed those doctors to give you what you need! :thumbup: How are things looking? Thanks for the advice with supplements. After I wrote that the other day, I immediately went out and got some CoQ10 vitamins. They’re the gummy kind, so it’s a treat to take them. :munch: I THOUGHT my prenatal had Omega 3s, but I just double checked, and it doesn’t seem so.
https://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal#supplement-facts
This is my third type of prenatals, so it must have been the last ones that had DHA. I have a DHA supplement, so I’ll start popping it, too. Since I eat no fish (mostly vegan household), I definitely need those! As for Femara, it sounds like that’s the first thing they try, even for women who are ovulating normally. Higher quality eggs, more robust corpus luteum—this is the theory I’ve heard. I’d be totally fine with multiples :oneofeach:, so I’m open to trying, even if it’s not something I totally “need.” Did you never try clomid or femara?

More for Lils
Five days til your appointment! :happydance: Have I yet mentioned that I think I’m responsible for your success? Remember all that dust I sent you???? :haha: :winkwink: As a totally ludicrous man once said about something he was equally uninvolved with, "I'll take a lot of credit for that." :rofl: :haha:

Looking good, Pad!!! :thumbup:

:hugs: and :kiss: to everyone here—HA, LadyH, Dash, Moon (where the HELL is Moon?!?!), Kismet, Mirium, Asry, Chicken, Purps, Scorpio, and anyone else I’m forgetting. Hope you’re all doing fab.

AFM, I’m 5 dpo and symptom spotting like mad. ](*,) :dohh: AFTER I told RDK a few days ago that symptoms are meaningless. :haha: I don’t know what’s going on with me, but I feel unusual for 5 dpo—my boobs have NO right to feel this sore and heavy. :holly: :rofl: And it’s soooooooooo early that I think I’m freaking myself out for another ectopic. I really need to just STOP. :yellowcard: :ignore: :argh: ](*,)](*,)](*,)

Otherwise I’m doing okay. :thumbup: I posted elsewhere about my Plan of Attack, but I’ll just copy it here, in case anyone is curious. Spoiled because it’s a repeat.
Here's my plan:

This month:
- We BD'ed every other day during the entire fertile window.
- I'm taking prenatals, Vit D, iron, and a B100. Just started CoQ10.
- Took guafenesin and used pre-seed.
- During the TWW, I will eschew vigorous exercise (swimming and walking, but no running), and will munch on pineapple cores (who knows? :shrug: Whatever it takes!)

Next two months:
- SMEP using OPKs.
- Exercise every other day up until O.
- Preseed, and guafensin as above.
- Gentle exercise during the TWW as above.

If those two months don't do it, I'm marching my butt down to the FS.

That's my plan. I hope we all get super sticky BFPs this year!!!!!!!:dust:

hi . I'm 39 and ttc first baby. OPK was +ve on cd11 so im currently on cd 26 (14/15 dpo). AF due monday or tuesday as i normally have a 28/29 cycle. can i test now as i appear to have ov a liitle sooner?

Owl - what the queen didn't want to see you? Ugh, the nerve... :winkwink: Glad the trip went well & drink lots of :wine: now as you may not be able to soon!

Purps - why quietly stalk? Come join in the festivities! We miss you on here :hugs:

Maddy - thanks hun! Sounds like you need some relaxation time - very important for TTC especially w/ART so try to spend some nights or days just recharging your batteries by reading a book watching movies or TV shows, meditating, or just plain lazy :sleep:. :thumbup: Your chart is definitely challenging this month! :wacko:

Sams - are those your puppies??? :cloud9:

DrH -
:yipee: Congrats to you!!! Wow, way to go on those great #'s! A blue one will be absolutely perfect, you just watch. :cloud9::blue: So happy for you! :hugs:

Pebble - glad you got some more Vits & checked your current ones. Mmmm gummy vits, I'd never miss a day of those! I didn't know that about Femara. I've done Clomid once bc my Dr. thought I wasn't ovulating (CD21 prog tests when I was O'ing CD21... :growlmad: jerk). I had no idea. But Clomid dried me up like an old raisin & I didn't see EWCM for 5 mos when I just decided to go off of it bc I knew something was wrong. EWCM returned once off of it. So, I think it did the opposite for me & made me less fertile (when I started temping & researching "what this slimy stuff was each month", I figured it all out - was pretty pi$$ed as I was O'ing just fine). But Femara & higher quality eggs sounds good to me! Although I'm still betting you won't need it & things are sounding "most intriguing" for you this cycle so far?! (implantation dip in progress, or - ?) Wait...

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
(there, now I returned the favor & I'm going to be equally not-responsible for yours! :haha::haha::haha:) :hugs:

Big hugs & luvs to you all!!! Can't name everyone or I will defo forget someone!

To all the TTC#1, 35+rs...
TGIF, TGIFF & TFIF!!!! :beer::wine::drunk::munch:

:hugs::kiss:

hi . I'm 39 and ttc first baby. OPK was +ve on cd11 so im currently on cd 26 (14/15 dpo). AF due monday or tuesday as i normally have a 28/29 cycle. can i test now as i appear to have ov a liitle sooner?

Hi Rach & welcome to 35+, TTC#1 :flower:

A +OPK could mean you are going to Ov "within 12-48 hrs:, but it doesn't confirm ovulation (just so you know, so that's why we temp to confirm). BUT, given that lil tidbit of info., even if you are 12DPO at worst, your test will most likely show up, so yes you can :test: (use FMU tomorrow morning, though). GL! :thumbup:

It definitely depends on the quality of your test, but it's always better to wait:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When_can_I_expect_a_positive_HPT_if_I_am_pregnant.html

Ha, Lils! Lots of crossposting! Thanks for the dust! I feel overwhelmed in it! :wacko:

Rach, Lils is right about first morning urine (=FMU, in case that wasn't clear). So wait til the morning and :test:!!!

Hi rach!
Welcome to the thread, although hopefully you'll test tomorrow and won't need to be here! Good luck xx

thanks for the quick responses! lots of friendly people here :)

I'll see how i feel tomorrow and let you know :shrug:

Welcome rach! I rarely get to the stage of testing-in fact just once. I managed to hold oug and wait that time! But this cycle I want to do it everyday and am only cd 19!

Drh-fab xx

lils how r u?

Purps dont leave us will u?

Pebble where did u get the gummy coq10 from?was thinking if trying it.also got b6 but taking it without any other b vits-is that not gd?

Hello to everyone that I havent mentioned.hope everyone is gd.

Afm stupid cold now in sinuses. Cd 19 dont know if/when i ov.no symptoms to speak of.have convinced myself that i also was poorly at this stage in my cycle before my bfp. The things we can believe eh?!?

Owl glad u had a gd hol.

Love to all.x

Apparently I'm going to spend all day on this forum instead of getting any work done. It IS vacation for me, after all!!! :dohh: :haha:

Ness, I just got them at the grocery store. It's these:
https://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-C...1357327437&sr=1-1&keywords=coenzyme+q10+gummy

The same company makes a prenatal that I took for a while, but I don't think their formulation is fantastic:
https://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-P...qid=1357327469&sr=1-1&keywords=prenatal+gummy

Sorry you're still sick!!! :hugs:

And Purps IS NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE! OR STALK QUIETLY!!! Speaking of these things, I think I'll go check out the newest pics of Lana........

Welcome, rach.jay. Hope you get good news!

My morning temps are all over the map but they have not been below where they were on the day I think was O-day, so I'm guessing that I did. Since I do usually wake up a bunch during the night and I never get 3 hours at a stretch (but I don't get out of bed either), I'm testing at least twice, usually between 3-4 and between 6-7. Sometimes it's higher the first time and sometimes the second, and supposedly it should be lower the longer I sleep, so I don't know what to make of it. But since it's higher than it was before O-day should have been, I'm guessing that there was an O-day. My temps during both halves of the month are lower than they were in the fall, but maybe that's from it being winter and sleeping in a colder room. I'm using the CBFM for predicting and just the temping for O confirmation.

Tomorrow should be 7 dpo, probably the earliest I could test. I haven't even bought a test yet, though. I don't want a false negative so I'm going to wait at least a few more days. I don't know if I'll make it until the day that AF should show up or not. Since it's my first month I'm ok with my life not changing quite yet even though it feels like I've been planning it forever.

Good luck Rach

Emily - I tested at 12 DPO my successful cycle and the second line was so so faint you could barely see it, so to save the crazies I do recommend you leave it as long as you can. Good luck!

Emily, i did temping and cbfm in the same way you are! Good luck! I'd try and hang on to test if I were you, cos as Ladyh said the line would be so faint for now it'd be almost invisible. Hopefully you'll get a good result x

Pebble, aww thanks chick! I always feel dead cheeky being here but I can't help myself cos I think you are all so fab..just can't tear myself away :hugs:

Big loves to everyone xxx

Remember though any line is a line! The test is very specific ie does not have false positives ie if there are two lines = utd. No other explanations. Having said that I'm with lady h, wait as long as you can stand! Having a chemical will be diagnosed more frequently and I am not sure knowing helps all that much. We think we had a chemical month 2 as I was four days late (unheard of) but its just a late period when you don't test!

Coming to terms with the news of yesterday. You will have all forgotten dh edict of one baby only, he's got a 13 year old son. We fell in love at first sight and I told my dad he was the one for me within a week (once he confirmed I could have a baby!) Hence why I was so keen on a pink one, he's never had a daughter. But with the powers of feminine persuasion it seems we may use shettles and have another go once this one is born. My
Plan would be no birth control
Post delivery. My dream family would be two, an older brother and a little
Ballerina so maybe this is the grand plan!

OMM, when do you start travelling? :plane::boat: I do think about what we’ll give up if/when we have kids. Both OH and I would love to do lots of travelling, but we don’t have the sort of income to do that with little ones in tow. Perhaps you should be on travel duty, akin to wine duty, for us! :haha: We’ll live vicariously through you, but this requires LOTS of picture!

Well the first travel will be camping this spring, we are going to buy a bigger tent and this time we are going to bring our 4 legged baby with, it will be interesting to have a tent with the two of us and a 65lb fur ball, but hopefully it works out and he does not freak out lol. We plan on going camping several times this year, and the big thing is we are planning on driving down to Florida, i LOVE Florida, and then on our way back we are going to stop in Tennessee and stay in a cabin in the mountains. Next year we are either going to go on a cruise to the Caribbean, or we want to go to Aruba. We have a lot of bills to pay off, so for now we have to take simple trips, but eventually we will get caught up and then whoo hoo lol. I would love to post pictures when we go and all you ladies can see them while your sitting with your little ones, i am thinking positive that each and every one of you will have a little one of your own. And if we had a child we probably would still go camping, but not much else, now we get Florida, and Aruba, and cruises, and oh the East Coast, i am fascinated with the beautiful blue water of the ocean, and the mountains, lol i grew up in Illinois, and its totaly flat here, and lets face it Lake Michigan is not exactly pretty lol.

Wow omm very jealous! Our trip (honeymoon) to Africa to climb mt kili and see the gorillas is now off for at least five years!!!!!!!!! We will try to babymoon in hawaii in april. Thank god we got to Spain and morocco this year as it may be the last decent trip for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->