TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Yay, back from my weekend away at friend's mountain house. It's really glorified camping, a mudbrick house with a little solar power in a beautiful mountain setting. there were hot temps (not mine, the weather :wacko: - over 100 degrees for those in the US) so we spent some time sitting in the small river that runs through a valley in their property. It was so, so lovely....

Pebble - hey TWW-mate :) How ya doing? I've just upped my COQ10 at the FS recommendation which makes it 4 capsules a day & I couldn't find the chewy ones. Gross!

Rach
congratulations, H&H 9 months to you.

Luv, so sorry about this cycles result. We had a disappointment with our first one too, back on the horse this month.

Greenleaf, is Dr considering removing the fibroid? I didn't get any positive vibes from my Dr about TTC until that was done for me. Thank goodness I did, my qualify of life improved dramatically afterwards :thumbup:

Lils, Ness, Kismet, DrH and everyone else - happy Monday!

Dear Team,

How are you all. Finally I am back in the land of the living, ie. computers you can type on! Life is good! we are back at work, like we never left, DH is cooking dinner and today I was ousted at work by my most important colleague... Dear, I feel that is more than Christmas Spread at work.. Hmmmm yes.

And today we cancelled the wedding sniff sniff.... Anyway onwards and upwards. Now one good BFP girls this month, its lucky 13, who's next??????

I can feel that baby dust swirling thickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update:
Hi all! Hope everyone is still hanging in there. Sorry been quiet for a while, but just came back from a well rested few days vacation, and have started work again today...well rested! :)... Thank you for all the replies and comments. I really appreciate it. So, just a quick summary:

Had spotting 9-11 dpo (light pink watery)...sorry tmi ;-)
Then, 14 dpo (expected af) one wipe brown blood. Thought af arrived, but nothing since!
15 dpo bfn
I'm 16 dpo today and not testing, but looked at yesterday's test and there is definitly a veeeery faint line (slight pink colour), but it could just be an evap?
So I'm going to test tomorrow again and sooooo hoping for a bfp!!

Any positive thoughts are very welcome, or if some of you maybe have experienced something similar?! Oh, and please, keep up the updates! I love hearing all the good, and the bad, cause that's why we're all here. To support through good and bad.

Lots of babydust to everyone, especially those who've been trying for sooo long! I trust that we'll all see those bfp's soon!

Good to hear that you are my dear up the duff. Two lines = pregnant...:happydance::happydance::happydance:

we had the lightest line and now look at us!!!!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased to hear!!! However, could you make sure that you spoil any good news.. How you do this is go advanced and then choose the smiley face with the black bandage over its eyes and type in the gap between spoiler and /spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So sorry, didn't realise? But anyway, not sure I'm pregnant yet, but certainly hoping for the best. And thanks for the help as I probably wouldn't have been able to figure this out myself, lol!:dohh:

Hello ladies, hope everyone had a FAB weekend?! Or at least a relaxing one? :sleep:

Ness – do you temp? I forgot if you temp & have a secret chart or if you don’t temp? Well, GL & hoping cold is a good thing for you this cycle! :thumbup: But hope you feel better soon –

Pebble – thanks for the gummy link- yummy! I’m not sure I could stop at 3x CoQ10 gummy’s tho – I’d probs down ½ the bottle & end up with super-eggs within a months! :thumbup: Love your plan, too – sounds like a winner! But hoping you don’t need it. When you go back to teaching?

OMM – sounds like some wonderful plans for you in the near & far future! :happydance: Yes, Florida likes you too, some come on down - anytime you like! :haha: (all the tourism pays our taxes for us! :winkwink:)

DrH –
Great news OH has agreed to another! :happydance: Funny DH & I had an African Safari trip in mind, including Mt Kilimanjaro hiking & such, for our 40th’s. His was over 3 years ago so we saved until mine & then we were going to go this Spring as my 40th is at the end of the month (Jan 29th :nope:). But, now – hmmm, who knows? But, hey, no trip can compare to the lifelong adventure of having a baby, so I’ll put it off forever if need be. :thumbup: That is something that 35+, LTTC & RMC people really learn to appreciate & we don’t mind giving up everything we love/cherish for it. :hugs:

Sams – Oh yes, you defo need a prenatal! That’s something I probs never mention as I figure it’s a given, so glad you are on one now. :thumbup: I am doing well, thanks for asking!

Purps – how long do you have to wait post c-sec & why? Is it just that the scar/tissue has to heal or other reasons? I have to go get a Lana fix soon… :hugs:

Rach –
Congrats to you! :flower:

Luv – oh, so sorry to hear this! Do you temp? It could help the timing if you did & you could also confirm when you do Ov & even predict it when the temp drops if you know your cycle. Do you do OPK’s to tell when to go in? I’ve been shooting myself in the stomach for 6 months now with Lovenox. Usually they aren’t bad, but my drug just happens to be a stinging one. Hint: Use ice first, numb it, grab the 1-2” tight, inject & then numb again- will cut down on any pain & espec bruising. GL for next cycle. :flower:

Dwrgi – I see you’ve O’d! :happydance: Did we catch it? I see you are using Progesterone this cycle too! Wow, you are pulling out all the stops – loving it! :dance: :thumbup:. What does the “E” stand for under meds? Hope you are enjoying your 1st day back! :nope::hugs:

Maddy – any chance of natural BFP? Looking at your chart…

Rdk –
You are right, you do actually have to get that line within that 5-10min window (whatever your particular test says) or it could be an evap line, but hopefully its not! GL for tomorrow’s :test: & let us know :thumbup:

Dashka – hope you had a great weekend & things are looking up for you hun. You deserve some good news for a change! :thumbup: :hugs:

BF – 4 days til :test:!!! And lovely Spain! :shipw: Getting excited for you! :happydance::hugs:

Kismet - welcome back to the madness! :winkwink::thumbup:

So at the New Year do peeps in UK/Aus look back & tell what they are thankful for? I am noticing a lot of that in HNY posts & its' interesting as we usually look forward & say what we are going to do better/change/do something new this year for our greatest good (New Year's Resolution). I think I'd like to combine them as I love both approaches!!! My resolution is - well, obviously what we are all here for (that's a given for all of us, eh?). But, beside that I want to also get myself healthier in terms of eating more organic, locally grown foods, more veggies/fruits & less processed foods, exercise (had to actually cut down recently, but need to strengthen my back big time :blush:), go greener/recycle more, more au naturale on a lot of things (eliminate some toxins from lil stuff like deodorant, cleaners, etc.). Just little changes that will last, nothing drastic. Although I’m starting to sound totally granola. :haha: Make love, not war, man – peace out, dudettes! :winkwink::thumbup::haha:

Ok, so getting nervous for Wed. 8wk scan. :cry: My symptoms have been very light to nonexistent since last Wed. & I don’t like that. They went from completely overwhelmingly taking over each day to almost nothing. :nope: This sucks – I almost POAS to make sure I’m still UTD this morning as I also had some cramps over the wknd (although I think they were just “wind” :blush:). But there’s nothing I can do about it anyway. I’m trying to hang in there… Ommmm~~~ Ommmmm~~~ Ommmm~~~~ :hugs:

Lils

Keeping everything crossed for the scan on weds [-o<[-o<[-o< I have heard of symptoms coming and going and hope this is not a bad sign for you hon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have been rubbish at new years resolutions I have to admit :dohh:

Maddy that weekend sounds amazing :cloud9:

Rdk

Fingers crossed that turns into a good line and :bfp:

DrH Shame about the wedding but all in a good cause and lol at your colleague outing you :haha:

:hi: hi everyone else :hugs:

Hi ladies.

Lils i dont temp. Never been a great sleeper and wake up so early in the week that to do the same at the weekend wd kill me!!maybe after a couple of cycles on cbfm to check etc. Hope ur ok.

Drh-great reason to cancel!!

Rdk gd luck.

Butterfly so exciting for ur trip.gd luck.

Maddy glad u had a lovely break.

Greenleaf sorry about af.

Dwrgi how was first day back?

Afm left with a sore throat and chesty cold so feeling better since its left the old sinuses. Good day at school-going a bit bootcamp this wk as all a bit hyper pre xmas. Cd22 not much to report. Some soreness in boobs but this is earlier than the pg month although guess all pgs cd be different. Think i'm just thinking about it too much and glad to be back at school to take my mind off it.

Fingers crossed and baby dust to everyone.

Much love vx

Lils
I thought I'd let you know that one night and the next morning - all my symptoms were completely gone. It really felt like I was out and then they came back in the evening. It was very interesting. Right now, I don't really have any symptoms/sickness either except a little bit of sore boobs although I was sick all weekend. I am hoping and praying for you!!

Hi ladies - I have tons to catch up on .... sorry !!

but may not be able to until tomorrow as I have to leave early to take AD to the doc's - she has some weird rash thing going on.

Just wanted to send :hugs::hugs:to all and I promise will catch up tomorrow or next !

:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Helloooooooooo!!!!

Is it safe for me to come out of my hole?

I am hanging my head is symptom spotting shame. I thing I'm ready to come back and face the music.........

Hi Girls!

Sorry- I didn't post earlier but wanted to let you all know that I had my IUI but it ended up :bfn: :cry::cry::cry::cry: My dr. says he thinks it was timing. He didn't like the way clomid delayed O and then on the day of the iui..I had already O'vd...he did like the way my body responded to the clomid, I had 4 mature follicles. Sadly, none of them stuck. I will be having another iui with a different protocol. I started taking bravell injections last night, I have to inject them in my stomach. It actually doesn't hurt as bad as I thought.

Dwrgi- thank you so much for the honey comb recipe!!! that was soooo nice of you! I lost the weight by following a type 2 diabetes eating plan. I haven't bought a crunchie in weeks. I miss going to the British shop....I will go one of these days!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: Sending you hugs, but dont worry, the first IUI did not work for me either, i honestly think it was the stress of not knowing how the procedure would go, but every one after that worked. I think this next cycle you will see your bfp!! The bravell will work great, and your right they dont hurt, lol although i have to say the first injection i was like eeeeek, and then after i did it i was like wow, that did not hurt lol.

OMM – sounds like some wonderful plans for you in the near & far future! :happydance: Yes, Florida likes you too, some come on down - anytime you like! :haha: (all the tourism pays our taxes for us! :winkwink:)

[/SPOILER]

Oh i so love Florida, if we could sell our house we would be living down there, my goodness, besides the great taxes you have there, and a whole lot less on the theiving politicians, its WARM, i am so sick of living here in IL and freezing my rear off. I really want to know what its like to wash your car in Feb and not have it freeze up like a popcicle lol. One of these days, the housing market will come back up and we wont be upside down, and we are going to pack our bags and join you there!!

Helloooooooooo!!!!

Is it safe for me to come out of my hole?

I am hanging my head is symptom spotting shame. I thing I'm ready to come back and face the music.........

LOL no need to hide in that hole, we have all been guilty of symptom spotting, even when you tell yourself nope im not going to do it, that little voice in your head is going "Ohhhh but look at this symptom we never had that before". The funny thing is that several times when i was pg, i had no symptoms AT ALL, not one, and those were the times i was like heck no i am not pg, i have no symptoms at all, and ta da, there was the positive lol. :hugs: No need for shame, we all have done it and still do it lol.

Lils life is what happens when we are busy planning! I am crossing my fingers for you that symptom reduction is just the normal eight week feel better mark.

All of us here no matter how long we tried, would do anything for a LO, certainly holidays, weddings, promotions at work all pale into insignificance. My hair has just grown back now after falling out in grapefruit sized clumps post amh results! Iwas so bald i couldnt wear a pony tail! I've wanted to be a mum since I was five!

It's mind blowing though, trying to rebook a wedding considering a baby, when does it sleep?/should we wait a year so that it can come too/ who looks after it!

My oh wasnt as keen on a baby as i was, he did this because he would lose me otherwise. I promised him his dreams too - africa, india and alaska before a baby, but with my crappy amh we couldnt wait and I feel a bit guilty in some respects that my dream compromises his. He spent thirteen years in the burbs child rearing while I gallivanted from south America to asia to working in the uk where I met purps ten yrs ago, to my masters partly completed in the USA!

Its not about being selfish or ungrateful, its just very very foreign with respect to a life that used to be planned years in advance and now is a rather big q mark! I'll be more careful with my posts, as I would hate to think that anyone thought I was ungrateful when this has been the only thing I have done, thought about or worried about since June, when I wasn't even trying for a baby!

Good luck to all the ladies here, you all deserve it!

Ness anD chicken.... Naughty ladies!! Lol! No more symptom spotting :haha:

DrH,
sorry about the wedding....but it will be soooooo worth it! Massive :hugs: I'd wait till LO arrives before booking again to see how you feel...you might want LO in the wedding!
Lils-
I had complete loss of symptoms and so did neversaynever! Big hugs Hun xxx amped yes...after c section you have to wait in case the scar on the uterus bursts open when you get a bump! :sick: some doctors say wait 6 months, or 1 year, some even recommend waiting 18 months!

Luv – oh Hun, I am so sorry! Massive loves and hugs xxx

Pad-hi, how are you doing?? Xxx

:hi: and :hugs: to everyone I've not mentioned! Hope you are all having a great start to the week xxx

Emily...yes, definitely pick a time and do your Temp at that time every day. As long as you've managed a god 3 hours sleep, it should be reliable :)

Rach jay

Congrats ! Wonderful news! Happy and healthy 9 months xx

Kismet welcome home xxx :flower:

Drh I literally meant its a great reason to cancel! Didn't mean it any other way.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->