TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Omm.... Ohh tent fun!! I remember that from this thread way back :haha: naughty!!
It sounds like you have some fun stuff planned though!

DrH..
I bet once the time comes, you will be completely in love with your little bundle. I hope you do get to ttc again straight away, that would be brilliant! The only downside to the c section is that we have to wait now....and I am not getting any younger...it's a worry!

Maddy those were just the stats that my FS gave me. They are not the statistics of the clinic. They are what he thinks my chances are. IDK

Yay DrH. Honestly as a mum of a blue they are SO MUCH FUN. My pink is much harder work. Then again the trauma in their backgrounds before they were adopted probably impacts....but still. Blues are wonderful :)

Samsfan I don't recall seeing your earlier post but they seem like very high IVF success rates for a 38yo. Have you had a good look at how the figures are presented? Some clinics counts every pregnancy that results from IVF and don't take into account that some don't continue - chemical pregs, miscarriages etc (so they present 40 pregnancies from 100 IVF cycles as a success rate of 40%). Whereas others count only the live births (ie: 20 live births from 100 IVF cycles = a success rate of 20%). The live birth rate for IVF in 41 year olds is 5% at my clinic which is actually lower then their IUI live birth rate which is 8%.

Lilsluz- Those are not my puppies. I have one, but they aren't mine. I like the photo.. it makes me think of fertility!!!!! I want puppies too!!!:) thanks for your information. I'm going to slow it down. I started acupuncture and I'm on a vitamin regimen. I slowed down because I have the stomach flu and I can't think of having so many vitamins when my tummy is aching... but I'm on a regimen. My gyno added a pre natal vitamin today. More vitamins!

Anyway, how are you doing and how are all the ladies doing. Best of luck this month!

Hi All, I have 9 CBFM sticks left that expire in May this year. I'd love to mail them over to one of you regular 35+ thread posters that uses them. I don't want anything for them and am happy to pay the postage, unfortunately though I will have to say Uk address only.

First to PM me gets them is the only way I can think of to be fair. Sorry outside UK ladies, I'm sending you dust and wishes instead. :hugs:

BFP this morning!! Going to get a digital later though as my OH thinks that it is not correct as it was a 'cheap' test!

Great news Rach, I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months.. If you need to post any more news here would you mind popping it in a spoiler please? Some ladies on here appreciate it as many have been ttc many years and find it upsetting to see BFP news. Spoilers allow them to choose to to read avoid.

Praying you have a sticky one. Xx

Rach
thats fantastic news. Congratulations. From what i've heard cheaper tests can be more sensitive than others. Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months

Rach,

Congrats! Hope everything goes great for the next 9 months!

I've realized I feel pretty even-keeled about the rest of the TWW, and I'm probably more nervous about getting a BFP. I'm sure if the months go by I'll just want that BFP already.

Dr h I realised I didn't answer ur question. I came off the depo injection dec 10 and got first af nov 11. I got my bfp on my 12th cycle. So now on I guess 14th cycle as had one af since mmc. It just feels like 2 yrs as waited so long for af after coming off bc and tested every month in case I was pg. I think I need to start thinking that I've only been trying a yr rather than 2.

Hi nees yeah post depot amenorrhea can be prolonged. I would say approx 12/12 Rather than 24/12 though!

Hi Girls!

Sorry- I didn't post earlier but wanted to let you all know that I had my IUI but it ended up :bfn: :cry::cry::cry::cry: My dr. says he thinks it was timing. He didn't like the way clomid delayed O and then on the day of the iui..I had already O'vd...he did like the way my body responded to the clomid, I had 4 mature follicles. Sadly, none of them stuck. I will be having another iui with a different protocol. I started taking bravell injections last night, I have to inject them in my stomach. It actually doesn't hurt as bad as I thought.

Dwrgi- thank you so much for the honey comb recipe!!! that was soooo nice of you! I lost the weight by following a type 2 diabetes eating plan. I haven't bought a crunchie in weeks. I miss going to the British shop....I will go one of these days!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Luv so sorry ur iui didn't work.hopefully the next protocol is the right one.xx

Hi luv my doggies,sorry to hear that it was a bfn. Four follicles is pretty good though will cross fingers this works for you this round! It's a roller coaster!

luvmydoggies, sorry about your iui. Shots in your stomach aren't too bad? I'm glad to hear that, but the idea has always made me shudder. Shots in the butt I'm sure I could do, but the stomach always sounded pretty bad.

Yesterday I decided there was no possible way I am going to get a BFP this month as FF tells me O was CD14 and I inseminated on CD11. I don't trust FF's accuracy this month since I've temped twice every night except last night (slept straight through for the first time in a week!) and my temps have been different by .2 to .5. I think I need to pick a time of morning and stick with it rather than just the lowest temperature of the morning. I haven't marked down the time I took the temps though. Anyway, after deciding it wasn't going to happen this month, I woke up this morning with breasts sore like the worst period day. I think it's 7 dpo. FF thinks it's only 6 dpo. Either way, it's seven or eight days before I'm due for AF, so I doubt it's that so soon. I'm probably just imagining things. Does this happen every month or do you get used to the TWW and not spot possibly imaginary symptoms?

Ness, I realized that I didn't answer your question either :haha:--B6 alone apparently can be bad, and I don't think you're supposed to continue with high doses once you're pregnant. I can't seem to find a link to put here about taking it in combo form, but here's one on general safety:
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitamin-b6/NS_patient-b6/DSECTION=safety

Here's a long BnB discussion on all this:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html
Hope some of this helps.

Luv, I am so sorry your IUI was a bust. :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: Hopefully second time is a charm!

And Emily, you're definitely within the "it's possible" range, so don't give up all hope. :thumbup: You're really teasing us with all these descriptions of your chart!!! :winkwink: One completely nonscientific thing that I've heard is that the egg is almost always fertilized if sperm are around, but whether or not it implants and/or grows is an entirely different issue (this is what my friend's doc told her). They do say that up to 70% of fertilized eggs fail in this first stage. It seems like a lot of women experience unusual symptoms the first TWW and AF, and some of that may be paying more attention, and some of it may be that there is actually something different going on. :shrug: But sore boobs are definitely a good sign, and I'm right there with you, sister. I actually wore a bra to sleep last night, and have taken pain relievers this AM. Mine have been hurting like a mofo since about 3 dpo, which is way too early, so I'm assuming it's not a symptom and it's just my body giving me the middle finger.

I'm a little cranky today. :blush:

Hi Girls!

Sorry- I didn't post earlier but wanted to let you all know that I had my IUI but it ended up :bfn: :cry::cry::cry::cry: My dr. says he thinks it was timing. He didn't like the way clomid delayed O and then on the day of the iui..I had already O'vd...he did like the way my body responded to the clomid, I had 4 mature follicles. Sadly, none of them stuck. I will be having another iui with a different protocol. I started taking bravell injections last night, I have to inject them in my stomach. It actually doesn't hurt as bad as I thought.

Dwrgi- thank you so much for the honey comb recipe!!! that was soooo nice of you! I lost the weight by following a type 2 diabetes eating plan. I haven't bought a crunchie in weeks. I miss going to the British shop....I will go one of these days!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Luvvie, great to read your post but very sorry that your result was a blooming negative. It is just so unfair! But, four good follies isn't a bad result at all, so onto cycle 2 and let's hope that they can time O a bit better this time. What did you use as your trigger shot? I have read somewhere that actual hcg is better for us oldies, but don't quote me on that, as I read that months ago, and my memory has defo gone into perimenopausal mode (i.e. gone south!) :nope::haha:

Good luck this cycle, and I shall be willing you on! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh, and well done for keeping out of the British Shop! I just wish I could keep out of the chocolate brazils drawers, although I'm kidding myself that the selenium in the nuts is what I'm after!!!! (Liar!!!). xoxoxo

Green--:hugs: for the temp plunge. It also looks like you’re dealing with a lot of spotting. I’m not sure if you‘ve been asked this before, but have you tried a B complex? I used to spot for a week before AF, and it cleared right up with a B100 pill. Of course, I’m not sure if it really affected the root of the problem, but there are studies that suggest B vitamins (specifically B6, but you don’t want to take it alone) can increase fertility. Hope you’re doing well. How is OH? Has he recovered?

The witch showed yesterday :( Another month, another failure. Just went for my CD2 hormone test this morning and scheduled for HSG next Tuesday. Let's wait and see what happens.

My spotting has been going on for more than 10 years. I'm not sure what will cure it but the docs say it's most probably due to my ovarian cyst and fibroid. They don't seem concern. I've tried taking B complex but it made me hungry every 2 hours and I put on 2kg after taking it so I stopped. That was more than 20 years ago and now I don't need the extra pounds. LOL!! I have enough to make another me :p Now I'm taking multivitamin which also contain B1, B6 and B12. Maybe that's making me put on weight too. Hmm... :-k Gotta lose weight too! Argh!! :wacko:

Hubby is recovering well although he still complains of stiffness and pain in the neck, shoulder and chest. But he's well enough to mop the house so that's a great improvement since his accident! Praise God for that! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->