TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

DrH I missed the bit about your hair! Was it stress that caused it to fall out?? That must've been awful!!

Greenleaf, is Dr considering removing the fibroid? I didn't get any positive vibes from my Dr about TTC until that was done for me. Thank goodness I did, my qualify of life improved dramatically afterwards :thumbup:

Before I got married when I was considering removing the right ovarian cyst, we did talk about removing the fibroid but if I wanted to do that, they had to do a laparotomy. If I only go for cystectomy, I can opt for laparoscopy. But since the fibroid wasn't giving me much problem, we decided to leave it alone.

I finally worked up the courage to trace my test results. I'm staring at it now but it doesn't make any sense to me :( Perhaps some of you can shade some light on it?

CD2 results:
Estradiol = 100 pmol/L
FSH = 8.4 IU/L
LH = 4.1 IU/L

Reference Range
Follicular phases: LH: 2-12 / FSH: 3-20 / Estradiol: 143-694
Mid-cycle peak: LH:22-105 / FSH: 9-26 / Estradiol: 345-1864
Luteal phase: LH:0.6-19 / FSH: 1-12 / Estradiol: 176-1134
Postmenopausal: LH:16-64 / FSH: 18-153 / Estradiol: < 150

CD22 result:
Progesterone = 25.80 nmol/L

Reference Range
Follicular Phase: 0.6-4.7
Ovulation Phase: 2.4-9.4
Luteal Phase: 5.3-86
Menopausal: 0.3-2.5

What do they say? Is there anything wrong? :confused: Will greatly appreciate some feedback. Thanks! :hugs:

Busy day! Is this usually what it's like now that the holidays are over?

I wish I had specific things to say, but I don't know enough yet in most cases. I appreciate all the stories and one day I'll have feedback. :)

I do understand the putting things off, though. If I get pregnant within the next three months it will kind of mess things up at work a little bit and they're not going to be happy about me going out in the fall, but I just didn't feel at 38.5 I could wait until April to try. (A December baby would be perfect, but they will just have to deal even though I'm the last one they'll expect to need leave!) I feel like there's nothing I'll feel like I didn't get to do before I had a LO.

I looked in the vitamin aisle when I was in the drug store to see the other supplements you've been mentioning, since I just take a regular prenatal + extra folic acid. I think next month I might start some CoQ10 too. Couldn't hurt. And they come in gummies.

How misleading those pregnancy test boxes are! I looked at those too, anticipating. They say you can take them 5-6 days before a missed period (depending on brand). They also say 99% accuracy. Then in the small print, the 99% accuracy says for the day that AF is supposed to start! I decided to save my $15 and wait until CD28. I normally start spotting at least by CD27. If I have nothing by then, I'll buy one. There's nothing I can do about it anyway. Maybe I'll buy a cheaper one sooner, but if I'm only going to get a false negative, why spend the money now? It's CD21. It feels like I've been waiting an eternity already!

Hi Girls!

Nessaw- Thank you!! I really hope our second IUI works.:flower::hugs:

Dr.House- Thank you!!!! for being so kind to me!:hugs::hugs:

Emily405- Thank you! Surprisingly, the shots in my stomach don't hurt because my nurse taught me to grab a roll of my fat....:blush:..so I don't even feel it at all!:hugs::hugs:

Pbl-ge- Thank you! I hope the second time is the charm!:hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi- Thank you!!!! you are always so sweet and kind!:hugs::hugs: I used ovidrel for my trigger. Yes, it's been hard not to get my crunchie fix. Nuts are good for you!

Maddy40- Thank you! for your support!!!:hugs::hugs: Yes, def. getting back on the horse.:flower: Your trip to your friends mountain house sounds so fun! It was nice and hot!

Lilsluz- Thank you!!!!:hugs::hugs: I don't temp at the moment. I do use the clearblue easy fertility monitor, which helps me so much! Just to be sure, I also bought a box of OPK's to double check that the CBRM is really working. My dr. is going to monitor me more closely this time around. Hopefully, we can get it right this time. Your shots sound painful, I'm so sorry. The bravelle doesn't sting, luckily.

Omm- Thank you!!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: for all the support, I so need that right now! I have been so down. I'm trying to gear up for the second IUI. I'm glad to hear that the Bravelle works. I am so scared about all of this...I barely know what I'm talking about.:dohh: This is all so new to me. The clomid made me so freakn' bloated, bat shit crazy:wacko: and hormonal. So far, the bravelle has not made me feel bloated but....I'm still bat shit crazy!!!! :wacko: I'm yelling at dh one moment and crying the next. Yes, def. know the feeling...when you first give yourself the shot...it's like what the hec am I doing???? this is going to be soooo painful. Then you do it and it's not so bad.

Purple-Thank you!!!:hugs::hugs:

Hello to all of you lovely ladies!!!!

My laptop was taking a poo...but dh took it to our friends house and he was able to fix it!! I go to the RE tomorrow for an U/S to check how my ovaries are doing. So just trying to take it one day at a time!! I started working out again this week. I went to the beach and walked 4 miles...it really cleared my head...to deal with all of this!!!!!!

Greenleaf the only bit I remember from cd21 test is they want prog to be around 30 for ov so that looks gd.

When I got up this morning the bulbs we planted with our egg sac had started to flower. :)/:-(

Greenleaf, is Dr considering removing the fibroid? I didn't get any positive vibes from my Dr about TTC until that was done for me. Thank goodness I did, my qualify of life improved dramatically afterwards :thumbup:

Before I got married when I was considering removing the right ovarian cyst, we did talk about removing the fibroid but if I wanted to do that, they had to do a laparotomy. If I only go for cystectomy, I can opt for laparoscopy. But since the fibroid wasn't giving me much problem, we decided to leave it alone.

I finally worked up the courage to trace my test results. I'm staring at it now but it doesn't make any sense to me :( Perhaps some of you can shade some light on it?

CD2 results:
Estradiol = 100 pmol/L
FSH = 8.4 IU/L
LH = 4.1 IU/L

Reference Range
Follicular phases: LH: 2-12 / FSH: 3-20 / Estradiol: 143-694
Mid-cycle peak: LH:22-105 / FSH: 9-26 / Estradiol: 345-1864
Luteal phase: LH:0.6-19 / FSH: 1-12 / Estradiol: 176-1134
Postmenopausal: LH:16-64 / FSH: 18-153 / Estradiol: < 150

CD22 result:
Progesterone = 25.80 nmol/L

Reference Range
Follicular Phase: 0.6-4.7
Ovulation Phase: 2.4-9.4
Luteal Phase: 5.3-86
Menopausal: 0.3-2.5

What do they say? Is there anything wrong? :confused: Will greatly appreciate some feedback. Thanks! :hugs:

Green I'm by no means an expert but did they do an estradiol test at CD 14 (or whenever you believe you ovulate) to check if your E2 was high enough to confirm you are actually ovulating?

I misunderstood about the fibroid, mine was internal to the uterus so had to come out if a pregnancy was ever going to have room to grow. It was the size of a mango! Such a relief to have it gone!

Green I'm by no means an expert but did they do an estradiol test at CD 14 (or whenever you believe you ovulate) to check if your E2 was high enough to confirm you are actually ovulating?

I misunderstood about the fibroid, mine was internal to the uterus so had to come out if a pregnancy was ever going to have room to grow. It was the size of a mango! Such a relief to have it gone!

They didn't ask me to do a CD14 test. Only CD2 and CD21 and scheduled me for HSG next Tuesday. I'm not sure about my fibroid but they didn't comment anything. I guess that's the difference between paying and non-paying customers :(

Oh ness how wonderful and bittersweet at the same time. Hugs! Hugs!

No Unfort dwrgi and Purps no joke, exaggeration or wit, It was just overnight after my amh results and really frightening!

No Unfort dwrgi and Purps no joke, exaggeration or wit, It was just overnight after my amh results and really frightening!

Oh em gee. Mind you, that doesn't surprise me. I was brazenly expecting my amh results to come in at around 10 (mid-way betwen 'normal range' for my age, 5-15), and when they said 2.9, and out of that range, well, I almost fell over. I was really upset, tbh, although my hair stayed in its follicles!! :thumbup:

Bless you, lovely!!! :hugs::hugs:

Lils life is what happens when we are busy planning! I am crossing my fingers for you that symptom reduction is just the normal eight week feel better mark.

All of us here no matter how long we tried, would do anything for a LO, certainly holidays, weddings, promotions at work all pale into insignificance. My hair has just grown back now after falling out in grapefruit sized clumps post amh results! Iwas so bald i couldnt wear a pony tail! I've wanted to be a mum since I was five!

It's mind blowing though, trying to rebook a wedding considering a baby, when does it sleep?/should we wait a year so that it can come too/ who looks after it!

My oh wasnt as keen on a baby as i was, he did this because he would lose me otherwise. I promised him his dreams too - africa, india and alaska before a baby, but with my crappy amh we couldnt wait and I feel a bit guilty in some respects that my dream compromises his. He spent thirteen years in the burbs child rearing while I gallivanted from south America to asia to working in the uk where I met purps ten yrs ago, to my masters partly completed in the USA!

Its not about being selfish or ungrateful, its just very very foreign with respect to a life that used to be planned years in advance and now is a rather big q mark! I'll be more careful with my posts, as I would hate to think that anyone thought I was ungrateful when this has been the only thing I have done, thought about or worried about since June, when I wasn't even trying for a baby!

Good luck to all the ladies here, you all deserve it!

DrH -

Oh no, DrH, I certainly didn't mean anything like you are ungrateful or unappreciative!!!??? :nope: I am so sorry if it came off that way, as I included you in that group 35+, LTTC & RMC. I was just noticing lately that in a lot of your posts you were bummed out about a lot of your plans & things that you wanted to do were being put off & cancelled altogether, so I was trying to cheer you up by telling you that the greatest adventure of all times that was growing inside of you (& a darn hard one to get for ladies of our "advanced maturity"). :winkwink: :flower:

I really, truly didn't mean it to sound like anything other than trying to pick you up, help point out the +side & cheer you on. :flow: :hugs: (I need that myself too!!! :wacko:)

Btw, as far as wedding, have you guys considered tying the knot privately & then having the official wedding & reception/party sometime after? That's what some friends/acquaintances have done who have gotten preggers or otherwise had to save for the wedding/party/honeymoon, or couldn't do the "big deal" right away for whatever reason ( career, etc). It makes it not so much a "rush" that way they say, but protects the family, i.e. all under same health insurance & all covered, all being covered by life insurance (just in case), MFJ on tax return (best tax status! :comp:), no question about who deducts dependents, pays for stuff, etc.??? Just something to consider in your lil predicament! :thumbup:

Also, holy sh*t on your hair?!?!?! :saywhat: Hopefully those prenatals are helping it grow back nice & thick. Funny (well, not funny at all) how stress can manfiest itself physically - and that quickly! People don't realize what severe stress can do to their bodies. While it may not always be as drastic & immediate as what you experienced, its in there just slowly wreaking havoc - sometimes deadly havoc. :nope: But you know that way better than any of us & I'm sure you've seen its work first-hand... :(

Oh em gee. Mind you, that doesn't surprise me. I was brazenly expecting my amh results to come in at around 10 (mid-way betwen 'normal range' for my age, 5-15), and when they said 2.9, and out of that range, well, I almost fell over. I was really upset, tbh, although my hair stayed in its follicles!! :thumbup:

Bless you, lovely!!! :hugs::hugs:

I was quite shocked w/mine too. :nope: I came back & googled the heck out of it & found the few charts that said "low normal", instead of "very low" like some said (which upset me a lot), & decided I'd stick w/"low normal" charts "as those have to be the correct ones". :winkwink::thumbup: (yeah, my hair stayed in place too, tho!)

:hi: All! Gotta keep up on this thread these days!

Green, sorry for AF :hugs:. And I’m sorry that the B complex didn’t work for you either. Those sound like crazy symptoms! :shock: You’ve probably tried the progesterone cream, too, right? Sorry if I’m telling you things you already know. Glad OH is doing better! :thumbup: Is he recovered enough to perform his husbandly duties regularly? :haha: I know you were worried about that when he first had his accident. Those test results look good to me! :thumbup:

Maddy, your trip sounds great! I love all camping/nature communing possibilities. Your chart still looks good—hopefully IUI won’t be necessary!

DrH, sorry about the wedding. :hugs: It’s great that DH is willing to try for another one after your :blue: comes! :thumbup: Gotta make sure you time the wedding better next time, huh!? :haha: Glad your hair is back in. :shock: Is hair loss associated with low AMH? I didn’t know that. I had one weird unexplained incident in my 20s when a large patch of hair fell out right on top of my head. The dermatologist was totally obnoxious and promised me it was just some fungus. Then that test came back negative. I never went back to rub it in his sneery little face, because it started growing back right away. Incidentally, this was the first time I got the nickname of “Pebble,” because my hair was standing straight up in that patch.

More for DrH-
So glad things are going well for you! Have you started shopping yet? Thanks for being such a great cheerleader for those of us still TTC!

RDK-
Have you tested again? FX!

Lils-
It IS difficult to only eat 2 of the little CoQ10 gummies. They’re pretty tasty, and I’m taking January off candy to try to break my addiction. I eye the bottle frequently thinking “just one more couldn’t hurt….” I see you’re trying to eat healthier, and eat more veggies. Allow me to recommend one of my favorite sources for recipes. It’s the Vegetarian Times website, and they have lots of great healthy veggie-rich recipes for free.
https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/
It used to be more search-friendly than it is now (damn regressive webpage updates!!!).
More for Lils-
Good luck at your scan!!!!!!!! I’ll keep everything crossed for you (but my legs, as you know :haha:). I’m sure the little bean is just fine. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I hope you’ll come here and post an update ASAP, because we’re all probably almost as nervous as you!!! :argh:

Chicken, there is no shame in SS! sorry AF come for you. :hugs:

Ness, hope you’re feeling better. :hugs: They say the flu season here is pretty bad.:sick: Sorry for the reminder of the flowers. :cry:

Emily, welcome to the true craziness of the TWW! I think we all start out this process pretty sane. Then the months start to pile up, maybe there’s a loss, and we go off the deep end. :fool: Hopefully your stay will be short and sweet so you don’t end up as loopy as some of the rest of us. :haha: Are you going to test or wait for AF? :dust:

Dash, how are you doing? :flower: I need to go check in with your journal.

Luv, :hugs: Good luck for this month! :dust: :dust:

Mirium—
No news is good news, eh? :thumbup: When do you have a scan?? :hugs:

:hi: Purps and Lana! :hi:

:hugs: to all I’ve missed. :dust: and :hugs: and :kiss: as appropriate. :winkwink: Nothing much to report here. I’m 9 dpo and could swear AF was coming on, but there’s no sign of the usual spotting even. :shrug: In the meantime I’ve been taking care of my poor, sick greyhound. I actually had to cook chicken this AM for him, since he’s on the bland diet. That may actually be the only time in my life I’ve cooked chicken, and I hope to never repeat it. It made me feel pretty ill. :sick: I’ve been a vegetarian too long!

Btw, I’m still on :wine: duty for you all!!! :friends: :drunk:

Realized I should have put my friend's IVF story in spoilers. Sorry!
PS. I hung out with one of the few friends who knows I'm TTC last night, and she told me that she still has 24 frozen embryos from her one round of IVF that resulted in her daughter. :shock: :saywhat: :argh:

Have you EVER heard of that?!?! She said she was VERY uncomfortable.

Edit: Maybe is was eggs. Dunno. :shrug:

Ness aww Hun that's lovely :hugs:

Pebble wow :shock: 24 left is amazing!! Glad your hair sorted itself out!

DrH ...is your hair all grown normally now, I think if I remember right, you had thick dark hair?

dwrgi..stress caus all kinds! It's a wonder people ttc are all raving bald, drooling loonies really !

Luv be kind to yourself Hun! Allow time to recover. Long walks on the beach sound like good medicine! :hugs:

How is everyone else doing? Massive loves xxxxx

Lils
thinking of you tomorrow for the scan, can't wait for you to come in and post that you have seen heartbeat :cloud9: and all is well still

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->