TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

ha ha ha.... dwrgi!@ thanks!!!! Tis a completely internal problem currently.... so completely stink free...... Will NOT update you with TMI or deets on this one!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on here...

AF was scheduled to show this past weekend, so I had made an appointment to get my FSH test on Monday in an attempt to get the ball rolling in figuring out why we haven't been able to conceive.

However, I had very light brown spotting for four days last week (mainly when I wiped, except for one day when it showed on a panty liner), then on Saturday I got a tiny bit of red flow, along with the cramps, bloating, etc. that I typically get with AF. Since then I've had barely anything, but some brownish-black blood (again, spotting on a panty liner) this morning. :shrug: Unfortunately, I had to cancel my blood test yesterday because I wasn't having a true period.

I'm not pg (temps have dropped and HPTs are negative), so now I'm worried something might be wrong. My periods were always 5 days, and in the last year they've been more like 4 days with only one of those being "heavy" flow. This wasn't even a full day of AF.

I couldn't sleep last night...concerned that my body is turning against me, and it is so discouraging. I have made an appointment with a new ob-gyn (closer to home) in mid-February, but DH and I are still filling out the paperwork for Shady Grove.

I'm just wondering...has this happened to anyone else on here?
If so, did your AF return to normal?
I have my CBFM and was all set to use it for ths first time this cycle, but I don't think I'm going to ovulate this time around. :nope:

I don't really know what's going on, but here's one idea: is it possible that you didn't O, and that your cycle will be longer than normal? It's not unusual to have an occasional anovulatory cycle.

This is the only thing I could think of. Hope things return to normal soon!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Ladies my FS appointment is booked for the 21st of Feb, Can any of the UK ladies give me a heads up about what will happen at our first appointment. I know it is with the consultant and it says bring your diary to book in further appointments but that is all the information we have recieved and I just like to know.

Thanks

Wow, this forum is quick!

To purplelou! :hi: Thanks so much for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! That is partially why I joined so that I don’t give up without at least trying.

To emily405! Thanks I hope it’s short too but I can tell already that I will enjoy my time with you ladies. I have just started taking the prenatals myself but all of the talk of needing the extra folic on the boards here has me curious about asking my doc for a prescription as well.

To nessaw & chickenchaser! Thanks for the welcome! :flower:

Ipen44:
Congratulations! Lots of sticky baby dust to you! :dust:

Also to chickenchaser: I am in the US so I imagine things are a bit different here, but my first appointment they took a lot of info about my history and my DH history, and made (as you said) further appointments to get bloodwork and an HSG and a SA for my husband. I hope things go well for you today!

Hi chicken, when I was first referred to the FS from my GP my first appt was just questions, request for more blood tests which I think was just CD3 and Rubella and I also had an internal scan of my ovaries. I think after that my next appt was to to tell me the outcome of the blood tests and my next step was a HSG. My appt after that was to tell me my HSG was fine and they were referring me to the IVF clinic. So all in all I seen my FS 3 times before going to the IVF clinic. Mind you though I am in Northern Ireland and things could be very different in England. I know my GP did all tests he could do with me so I didn't have to do them when I was referred.

Girls, I am doing some research on CoQ10 and I have found a seller on Ebay doing a bottle of 120 200mg for £22.99. I have worked out that to take 600mg per day this bottle could last me for 40 days so only have to take 3 per day. That's not as scary as 20 per day as I would feel as if I am overdosing. :haha:

Also, am I right saying that EPA is found in Omega 3? Sorry that is probably a daft question.

Hi Ladies - I've only been away from here since Friday and I'm sooooo behind!!! :wacko:Work is pretty busy again - but going to try to catch up sometime today hopefully....
if not just wanted to say hi and sending hugs and luvs to all!!!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Butterfly, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm cutting and pasting right. You wrote:

"Hi Jenny, yes I am going for donor eggs because I just think that if I do get pg at this age it would be much more likely to be a take home baby with DE. It is quite expensive but i will give it one go and if it doesn't work and I don't get frosties then I will go for donor embryo which would mean ending up as a single mum too"

I'm really happy to hear that you are going ahead with donor eggs. It's something I've thought about a lot and it's definitely an avenue I will go down if I need to. Because I'm new to this I'm not sure about some of the terminology. When you said it "would be much more likely to be a take home baby with DE" - what does that mean? The abbreviations throw me a bit.

It's so encouraging that there are other women out there doing this as well. I cant tell you what a relief it is. I've been chewing this over in my mind for so long - doing it on my own that is - lots of my friends have talked to me about doing the same thing, but no one else has had the courage to actually do it. I think it does take courage doesn't it?

I'm going to get my hormone levels checked on day 3 of my next cycle and then the FS will tell me if he thinks I need to take clomid. :flower:

Thanks Bloo and Irish, That is what I thought :thumbup:

Dash Love to you too honey :hugs:

Kismet, I'm off to your journal now :hugs:

Forgive me if this post shows up 3x but BNB ate it, then I saw the moderator "needs to check it" & that always meant - NO POST WILL EVER SHOW UP, so I am reposting w/no links this time. :growlmad: This thread is moving way too fast for me to keep up!

Chicken – Oh good on the appt, just one more month! :happydance: Can’t wait…

Ness – ugh, you had the “you’re not ovulating” thing too? :growlmad: Seriously, what a bunch of idiots & a-holes for them to put us through months of torment when all it would have taken was for them to ask one little question – 10 seconds of time???!!! Yay for “going whole hog” this month! :haha:

True – no probs, enjoy! :winkwink:

Pad - :haha:, yes I am! :hugs: Are you feeling better & back to work again? What a terribly scary thing to happen to you. PE’s are nothing to mess with & I’m just glad that you got in right away & they got it under control & have you on the extra meds. :hugs:

Twiggers – Well, I started off with the CD3 & CD21 tests (oh – I didn’t even put CD21 on there = progesterone, basically) & about 26 of the other tests. Then some more came later. If you have a good, thorough RE/FS, you should be getting a good lot of these tests. I got these tests after only 2 mc’s so I wasn’t even RMC yet (which requires 3+ mc’s). They are really for all types of infertility. Don’t worry about the chart – for your 1st month you may want to question every little rise & fall – don’t do it as daily fluctuations mean nothing (mine always looked like the Rocky mountains pre & post-Ov!). Wait until you have the whole picture & use OPK’s to detect the surge for :sex: part. Especially w/hormonal fluc’s from BCP. It will be much easier next month (if needed). For OPK’s, what does the directions say? Only CBE Digi usually uses FMU. The rest I know of you have to POAS after 11am?

BF – :dohh: FINALLY got it now :happydance: I swear I had it, but then I hated the full-string link so I put my own words in instead & thought it worked. But then I changed it again to put lil emoticons in & I think I f’d everything up. So went back & did it all over again! :wacko: (works!)

Beryl – sorry to hear about so much tragedy & suffering. That plagued my entire 30’s so I could not TTC, myself. Hopefully you made it out the other side even stronger & healthier. But cheers to getting past all of that & no matter how we all “arrived here”, may we all get our lil rainbows one day, right? And we will all sacrifice for it, but that’s quite OK – it will be so worth it. :thumbup:

Ipen – HELLOOOOO there! Thanks, hun – I’m getting there. Not sure where you left off last year but I ended up w/ 4 mc’s in all. I always wondered where you were in the adoption process & how you were doing?! And good for you for demanding the adoption be human – we have to have our standards, you know! :haha: Loved “TTGALTYAB”.
Wow, you got a :bfp:? Congrats!!! Sending sticky ~~~~ & :dust:!

Dwrgi – great rundown, lovely! Hope you are enjoying that snow day off of work today :thumbup:

DrH – eeek, more studying? Is it continuing education/licensing type of thing? We have to do 40hrs a year :sleep::sleep::sleep: You poor dear. :hugs: (yeah the link should finally work now – when are you getting one? Hint, hint :winkwink:)

Pebble – Welcome back to the frozen tundra! I’m so glad you had a nice time despite dreading the whole thing! Had to be a nice break from the cold, right? Most people would kill for less. :wacko: Yeah, I didn’t really consider NTNP as TTC, so never really mentioned it. But I guess it is important bc after 12 years (after 5) some kind of “accident” should have happened right? My link works now! I fiddled with it too many times & apparently messed it all up. :blush: I take 600mg CoQ10 also. Happy Bday to OH & let the games :sex::sex::sex: begin! :dust::dust::dust: Just saw your OPK’s – yes its normal to get faint lines early before O. Often a week or so early, even. But you may be gearing up as some getting darker, so start testing 2-3x/day now if you can. (think of lines as an early warning system :winkwink:). Hope it holds off a bit!!!

Dashka – here, here for a great 2-day :sex: fest over the weekend, major :dust::dust::dust: for you too!

Emily – hey, in case anyone didn’t mention it, if you wanna post your chart…. :haha: (j/k) I think people are going to get better & better with the whole gay couple thing. Some people just need a little time to warm up to something they don’t quite understand. :flower:

Mirium – updates?

Irish – yes, reiki is quite awesome, eh? I always tell people to go at least 3x as it seems to build & people start realizing what it really is after #3. Its wonderful & glad you like the angel cards too. I recommend boosting spirituality for everyone, really! Especially when going through something this tough in life, it really has helped me get through some bad times & remain eerily calm when the old me would have been freaking out entirely. As far as clotting & immunes tests, it’s the ones that I posted back a few pages, post #16678 (I think it “roughly” 2-29 that contain the clotting & immunes tests.) Clotting & Immunes are not just for RMC, but for LTTC infertility & implantation failure, as well. Some immune issues attack at the very outset of implantation so you’ll never know if you are failing to implant that way. Also other immune issues cause too much inflammation, then you have autoimmune & alloimmune issues (over 80 types of autoimmune issues

Jenny - :hi: & welcome to our thread! Hopefully it will keep you sane as it did for me – we are all good at insanity here! :wacko:

Bloo - :hi: & welcome to you too! GL with the tests this week & let us know how it goes. :flower:

Maddy – glad Sydney was nice! Hope leftie plays ball this Thurs – GL! :flower:

Kismet – :hugs::hugs::hugs: I’m so sorry the results are upsetting you. Many of us have DOR, if that helps. As far as endo, when would they know “for sure” (after HSG or???) Seems to me the toughest part so far is DH’s potential surgery. But, why don’t you two take it 1 step at a time, get the additional tests & then go from there? I don’t see any valid reason why you should stop TTC at this point unless it wasn’t worth the time & effort for you. The reason for the tests is to find out what’s wrong & now you know. The 2nd step is to do further tests & 3rd step is to do what you have to do to resolve the situation. Defo take your time to process & cry all you need to & beat the wall or whatever you need to do. But, I really think you should get back on that horse afterwards as I don’t feel you are out by any means. You are talking to a girl who has gene mutations, a septum removed, clotting disorders & borderline immune probs. I know you can do it. :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else I missed!!! Can’t remember everyone these days as I am just plain :jo:.

AFM – MY LINK WORKS NOW. :happydance: I’m out ½ day sick as I’ve been up all night w/really, really bad sinusitis. Been 2 weeks now w/asthmatic bronchitis & sinusitis. I only slept from 11:30 – 2:19am & been up ever since :wacko:. But bless the ENT for getting me in this afternoon... (thank you, God!) Hopefully he’ll go in there & open up my holes & numb it all up & give me something safe to help w/horrible pain. I can’t miss anymore work as I am still paying back sick leave (-70 hrs) from surgeries that my wonderful, angelic boss already let me borrow (was 240 hrs). I’m done, now – I’m complete toast - sayonara :sleep:. OH YEAH, My Baltimore Ravens are going to the Superbowl, babee!! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: (my hometown; American football for those not in USA)

Big :hugs: & luvs to all!

Ipenn-the open adoption sounds great!

Oh lovely...hoping for a sticky for you!

Lils -so glad you are seeing your ent! Hope be can make you feel better xx

There was more I w as going to say.... But I've forgotten it :dohh::dohh:

Anyway... Massive loves to all xxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Butterfly, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm cutting and pasting right. You wrote:

"Hi Jenny, yes I am going for donor eggs because I just think that if I do get pg at this age it would be much more likely to be a take home baby with DE. It is quite expensive but i will give it one go and if it doesn't work and I don't get frosties then I will go for donor embryo which would mean ending up as a single mum too"

I'm really happy to hear that you are going ahead with donor eggs. It's something I've thought about a lot and it's definitely an avenue I will go down if I need to. Because I'm new to this I'm not sure about some of the terminology. When you said it "would be much more likely to be a take home baby with DE" - what does that mean? The abbreviations throw me a bit.

It's so encouraging that there are other women out there doing this as well. I cant tell you what a relief it is. I've been chewing this over in my mind for so long - doing it on my own that is - lots of my friends have talked to me about doing the same thing, but no one else has had the courage to actually do it. I think it does take courage doesn't it?

I'm going to get my hormone levels checked on day 3 of my next cycle and then the FS will tell me if he thinks I need to take clomid. :flower:

Jenny if you want to quote one person you can just hit 'reply with quote' or if you want to quote more than one just hit 'multiquote' on each one then 'Post reply' at the end. Hope that makes sense :flower:

In answer, I think I would have more chance of taking home a baby with donor eggs because they are from a woman much younger (usually in her twenties) for those of us in our forties there is a higher rate of miscarriage unfortunately, due to our old eggs :jo: So for me at 45 there would be quite a high rate of m/c I think but if I got pregnant with donor eggs then I would be reasonably confident of not miscarrying and taking the baby to term :thumbup:

And yes, it does take courage so good on you for going for it :happydance:

Lils, hooray the link works :yipee:

Kismet I'm so sorry about your news :hug:

Okay I’ve been trying to catch up on this ALL DAY – a few minutes here and there in between work stuff…. Much harder to do now that it’s busy!! The thread is moving too fast for me boy! So for today – I’m not going to put in the smilies cause of lack of time!

Lils - YAY!!! You started a journal! I tried to click on it yesterday a few times but it wasn’t linked up yet I guess? I see it’s working today and I’m going to try to get there soon – work is getting in the way dammit!! Sorry I wasn’t much help in the instructions on how to start one… I meant to –but didn’t want to add to the peer pressure too much which you were feeling. I’m not even sure if I started mine the correct way – I just started a new thread is all I did?!! But it may be different if you are starting a pregnancy thread (there may be rules IDK??) Hope you had a nice holiday yesterday! Oops sorry just read you had no sleep and the sinusitis is awful!!! Hope you Feel better soon hun ….

Chicken – yay for app’t on Feb 21st!

Ness – I hope the cbfm works magic for you and you get lucky this month!

I am True – good luck with the testing and getting a FS app’t!.... I am a rare one – have been TTC for 11 years… (after 2 years we went to FS and did Clomid and several IUI’s … then waited a few more years and tried almost every natural under the sun…then we adopted a few years ago and now we’ve been actively trying again for a couple of years and it took about 6 months to get FS app’t here where I live in Canada – started going last July 2011 ) I turned 40 last May.

Beryl, Twiggers and Maddy – hugs…

Pad – such a scary experience!!! We are so glad you are ok….

Dr H –
Happy 16 weeks! I hope you can get some rest soon!

Ipen – so happy to see you here again…. Wondered about you a lot….Good luck with the adoption! As you know I also have an AD and originally didn’t like the idea of open adoption (one of the reasons we went with international adoption) but the more I learned about it and now that I have AD I think open adoption is a good idea and really is important for putting their ‘pieces of the puzzle’ together in your child’s mind in future…it’s part of their identity whether we like it or not… Unfortunately I don’t know whether we will have that option now that AD came from an orphanage so far far far away… Although I know birth mother’s name (thank you for always referring to mother as ‘birth mother’ too –that’s important) I don’t know if we could ever track her down –but we’ll deal with that when AD gets older and if she is curious or not (some adopted kids have no desire to know them and some do)

and I hope you have a sticky this time!!

Pebble – glad you are back safe and sound! And glad the sunny conference went well…. Good luck with DH and SMEP !!!

Irish Eyes –I don’t know what that could be?? Hmmm…. Yes EPA and DHA make up your Omega 3s! yes it took some convincing on my part to convince DH re: adoption… it wasn’t easy and basically I said if it happens naturally during the process or afterward then so be it –but I didn’t want to wait anymore to be a mom… I also told him that if we could love love love our little doggie with all our hearts as we do –imagine how much we could give a child!!! That really helped him see things…plus going to info sessions etc about adoption.

Owl – glad skiing was fun – but damn the cold!

Jenny & BlooBelle– welcome to the thread!

Maddy – oh Sydney sounds fab!! Yay on 2 follies on your scan! Good luck hun!

Kismet – I’m so sorry hun you are gutted re: your results…. Did they say anything about doing a laparoscopy re: endometriosis? That is the ONLY way to really know that you have it…and they can often remove it (or most anyway). My doc indicated that I may have it too (although the blood test didn’t show it) he said you don’t know for sure unless you do the laparoscopy. We decided to skip that step and go straight to IVF since it’s the inflammation you are trying to ‘bypass’ with IVF…. About DH’s results – 36% doesn’t sound that bad? Is it the morphology or motility? Sorry not an expert on that one –but there is lots he can take to improve that I think –unless it is a ‘structural’ problem…(sorry not sure of the term)… hang in there hun!!!

Hugs and luvs to all! :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM – think I ovulated yesterday as I had the twinges last night – and we Bd’d on Sat & Sun this time and had +OPKs both days (so I’m praying for a pre-IVF#2 miracle!)… Although chart shows my temps going up on Monday I think that may have been because I didn’t sleep well and got up to pee etc before taking temps. IT’S FRIGGIN’ COLD HERE today – it feels like -23 C with windchill factor (tonight -26C)…OUCH! Now work is getting in the way of me checking my BnB!!

Aaaaackkkk....can't keep up....! Hello all, hugs to those who need them.

ipen
ekkkkk stick stick stiiiiiiiick

:hugs:

Hi Ladies - WOW you have been busy posting!!!!!! I was gone for 4 days and there were 11 pages of unread posts!!! I did read through all of the pages and now my head is spinning trying to think of everything I wanted to say to everyone.

Hi to the newbies!! And welcome!! May your stay be very short. This is a wonderful thread.

Pad, so glad to see you on here... and SO relieved to hear that you're ok. That would be so scary. Take care of yourself and baby padster!!! I loved your post about continuing to hope. I'm trying to keep that in mind this week. :flower::hugs:

Pebble - welcome back from the conference!! So glad to hear your talk went well! Sometimes those conferences can be a blast - I always loved seeing my propulsion friends from all over when I would go to a yearly conference. :thumbup:

Lils - loved your journal!! :thumbup:

Nessaw - FX for you this month with the CBFM!!! Hope it goes well. :flower:

Kismet - :hugs:I'm so sorry your results were upsetting. I agree with the others that the first step is getting your test results... after that you can learn what you need to do going forward. Hugs :hugs::hugs:

It's getting late in the day now, so I need to log off, and can't do a good job of replying to everyone - I'm so sorry. Hi to all the other ladies... :flower:

I am still focusing on one day at a time, and am focusing on hope (like Pad said) especially this week.

Ack!! So many pages and so many new posters! Can't keep up. LOL!!

Welcome to all new ladies! Hope your stay here is short but sweet :D

:hugs: for everyone else. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"