TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Mirium so so sorry Hun xxx

Butterfly I thought mine did on the first cycle I used it, but it settled the next.

Pebble, I read here that high doses of CoQ10 could delay O. I'm not sure how many pages back. Obviously within the past month, since I've been here for just about exactly 28 days. I think I stared on CD11 of last cycle, and it's CD12 now. I'm glad it's not Moondust's experience.

Baby aspirin is regular aspirin. A regular adult aspirin tablet in the USA is 325 mg and a baby aspirin is 81 mg, so considerably less. The UK ladies here say theirs is 75 mg. No one actually gives aspirin to babies any more, though! Now it's baby tylenol for real babies, and baby aspirin for adults with heart conditions. And ttc women, as I have learned here. Guess I should pick some of that up today too.

Twiggers, I'm laughing to know that the supersperm phenomenon is widespread. I rarely discuss these things with the men in my life. Talking so much about this stuff with my donor is fascinating!

baby aspirin is 75mg in the uk, and yes the superdrug one is fine, its one a day.

twiggers..it probably didnt help at all...but i used to always out my feet up the wall to "keep it all in" after BD :haha: (maybe it did help...who knows!)

trueone - the ladies on this forum are THE best! you wont find better support or knowledge anywhere I am sure!!

Mirium - thinking of you today and sending a ton of loves your way xxx:kiss::hugs:

:hi: to everyone else. how are you all doing?
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have been taking CoQ10 for a really long time (over a year) and just upped it to 600mg in December and it hasn't delayed my ov either...

Also re: the baby aspirin - I take one /day and I can't remember if it's 75 or 80 mg. It's not called baby aspirin anymore - they call it 'low dose' aspirin.

good luck ladies!!:thumbup:

Pebble - hope you don't get sick! I hear you -we are having the same weather in Toronto and it's sooooo bloody cold minus -16C plus the windchill -I don't know what it actually feels like... yesterday the wind chill factor was -28C.... But it's supposed to go up to 5 C on Tuesday!! yippee!! What a friggin' shift!? it's no wonder people get sick! take care hun...

AFM - Yes that stands for "As for me"

AFM - I've been feeling really bloated for the last few days after ovulation - don't know what's going on.... like really bloated..... The last time I felt like this was after the ET for IVF....

take care ladies:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Hi ladies,
Boy are we due for some good news here soon, hey? Sorry I can't contribute any! We are doing our second IUI this month but my blasted eggies aren't playing ball again. The latest scan showed they didn't grow in the past 4 days, so I'm stuck with two immature follies (the largest just 11mm). I'll just continue to jab myself and hope they mature, I guess.
Otherwise though things are good. Going to be 34 Celsius here today (that's 93F) yay! I love the heat.
TGIF everybody (it's already Friday here).

Met my donor today. I have a bit of a drive to get there, so I got myself all worked up about parenting alone. Last month I theoretically had my girlfriend, even though the morning I was meeting the donor she decided she didn't feel well enough to go with me (her not feeling well whenever something important was happening had been a regular occurrence throughout the relationship) but I was still really excited to inseminate, and we hadn't had any discussions about the future of the relationship. I did say to my best friend that afternoon, "If I'm doing the insemination alone, I probably need to consider that I might be parenting alone." And throughout the month things have really taken a turn for the worse, and we had a talk about it. So I went to meet him today knowing that I am definitely doing this alone, and there I was in the ladies' room with my little Instead cup, thinking about what I was doing and all freaked out. So I couldn't get it in right. Where last month it had been really easy, and I'd practiced with it empty (with a little water in it) at home, I couldn't pinch it right. I'd used a little Preseed and everything, and I still managed to spill some getting it in. I hope I got enough in me. Ugh, I hope I just got it on my underpants but I need to wash my jeans now just in case. I must say that dealing with semen is a new experience!

I hope you are all amused by my trauma.

Twiggers, are you using fertilityfriend? It has categories of sticky, creamy, watery, and egg white. I looked up the different types online. I didn't look for pictures, but read that creamy is supposed to be a lotion-like texture. I put in what I get just before egg white as creamy. The stuff I call sticky is pretty dry. I don't have anything I call watery. I don't know if that helps you at all.

I have limited time because I know sperm doesn't live long outside the body, so by the time he does his thing in the men's room, hands it off to me, and I go into the ladies' room, it has already been a few minutes and I want to get it into me pretty quickly. Since we don't live right near each other and so far the right days have been weekdays after work, a home visit hasn't been possible. So it's been restroom off-the-highway thing. I think I will save that part of the story for adulthood when my kid starts asking questions about his or her origin!

The Instead cup is supposed to work really well, though obviously I'm not pregnant yet. But others who have had to do on the road DIY swear by it because you don't have to lie down after. You can put it in and get back in the car and go. It's also good for at home because you're not losing anything in transferring the sample from the jar to the syringe to you. He goes in the cup, you stick it inside you and leave it in for a while, and it's right up there by your cervix.

Emily - i am sorry your partner doesn't seem committed to parenting. If you have to do it alone, remember that lots of people do, and that although it can be so very hard....you will also get 100% of the cuddles and smiles xxxx

Kismet how are you feeling today lovely? :hugs:

Mirium-:hi: and :hugs: take care chick xxxx

:hi: to everyone else! Massive hugs and loves xxx

Twiggers - sounds about right to mark it down as sticky! I think FF looks for egg whiter watery cm as a clue to fertile mucous.
Do you get ewcm?
I never did ever until I started drinking grapefruit juice every day! I know there is a cough syrup you can take which has the same effect and Dwrgi swears by a little bit of light ogling of John Taylor :haha:

Hi Ladies,

Wow you lot talk a lot! I have gone back 10 pages and still not even close on catching up with everything.
I hope you are all OK and that 2013 speinkles us all liberally with some well needed baby dust (I'd prefer glitter actually!)

Kismet - sorry to hear about your results. I hope the next steps you take point you in thr right direction. I'm thinking of you!:hugs:

Emily405 - Wow! That's one hell of an interesting journey you're on! You're super brave to do that alone. I really did laugh about the insemination on the highway.... :) :haha:

AFM
Sorry I've been offline, work has been crazy and the whole TTC thing got a bit much. Two of my closest friends announced their pregnancies over Christmas; one happily annoucing "It was a complete accident!!" (I hate her!! :) ) And for the first time it hit me quite hard. My hubby got quite worried about me as I got so down and so I went to the docs for some advice. They were really good and reassured me that its perfectly normal for me to take a while to get there (on cycle 8 now) and to come back in a couple of months to go for tests if we've had no joy. I know I'm OV'ing and my diet and overall health is good etc. I've cut down on the caffeine (which is my only vice) and have been keeping myself busy and trying to do normal things to distract myself from symptom spotting and overthinking everything.

Anyway - I hope you lovely ladies are doing well and if you're not - I hope you'll be doing well soon!
L x

I don't know if I get ewcm since this is my first month TTC.

I did get a really big temp dip this morning. Went from around 97.1 to my lowest of 96.6. No clue what's going on!!! I think I need to stop obsessing over these temps :)

Then fingers crossed you will!:thumbup:
Don't worry too much about dips...it's the temp jump after ov you need to see!
Fingers crossed it happens soon!

Hi la bergere -I am so sorry that you had to get the news about your two friends! It's so hard when people thoughtlessly say "it was an accident" or "we only tried one month" etc etc :hugs::hugs::hugs:
We are all here to listen when you need us xxx

Emily - so sorry the gf wasn't there with you. But glad you finally got the cup inside :thumbup:... LOL ya semen can be pretty snotty/sticky!!!

Twiggers - all of the EWCM categories can be so confusing. There's a video that DrH told us about (it's on youtube) called The Great Sperm Race... a midwife on there cracked open an egg and let the egg white come out slowly... she said apparently that's what it's supposed to be like. I think I've actually noticed EWCM a couple times, but it's still hard to tell. Good luck!! :flower:

Maddy - Grow follies!!!! Hope they keep growing. Remember last time you had a great big one so FX that happens this time too!! :dust:

Dash - hmmm hopefully the bloating is a good sign of a big healthy egg, and you catch it!!! FX!!! :dust:

LaBergere - waiting is so hard, but in the end if we are able to have a baby it will all be worth it. Lots and lots of babydust to you!!! :dust:

Nessaw - the TWW is about half over now right? Hope you are doing well! FX for you!

Mirium :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Purps, Iamtrue, Irish_Eyes, Pebble, Butterfly, Beryl, Kismet, Chicken, Lils and all the other ladies here.

AFM - still hoping that things are going well. Keeping my FX.

Its all in my mind. Its all in my mind. Its all in my mind!

Moon peaks on cbfm were last sat/sun. From googling most seem to count from the following high. Anyone else do this? In which case 5dpo. Will not give my symptoms credit by mentioning them!!

Happy weekend all.

Big hugs to those needing them.xx

Kismet, so glad to see you’re back to your usual self! :hugs: And good for OH for getting on the same page! :thumbup: You will make an awesome parent one way or another!!! And don’t worry about us. You definitely have to pull back to take care of yourself sometimes. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nessaw – Oooooh, good luck! I hope it’s not all in your head. :hugs:

Moon
I’m keeping my FX for you!!! :yipee: Stickystickystickystickystickysticky….. :hugs:

SuzyQ, I see you lurking!!!! :flasher: :argh: Sit down and join us!

Twiggers, I didn’t understand CM until I starting checking *internally*. :blush: Then it was all extremely clear and easy. The stretch test is really what it’s all about.

LaBerg, I definitely hear you about friend’s pregnancies. The “we just acidentally fell pregnant” thing is pretty obnoxious to those who have had to WORK for it! I had an outright hissy a few pages back. :brat: :brat: :brat: I’m glad your doc was reassuring and supportive. I hope you get a BFP soon and that it sticks!!!

Purps, so glad to hear Lana’s doing so well! She must be really happy to be back to normal clothes and out of the brace! :awww:

Dash, could that bloating be a sign? :winkwink: I probably shouldn’t encourage symptom spotting. Bad influence! :argh:

Maddy, could your follies just be shy? :shy: Last time they developed late, so FX the same thing will happen now. I’m sending you lots of :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:!!!!!!!!!!! And I’m jealous of your warmth! Last night was 5 (-15C). But nice and toasty under the big comforter cuddling :)winkwink:) with OH!

Emily, your “trauma” is hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious! :rofl::rofl: I’ve never used softcups. Can’t they get stuck, too? :haha: And, truth be told, semen is pretty gross. I hate the dripping on your leg stickiness. :blush: :haha: I was really glad to read (AND NO ONE MAY CONTRADICT THIS) that 30 minutes is all the time the sperm need, and that after that it’s okay to go kegel the excess out. (Still not quite sure I get this kegel thing, but that’s another story for another day.)
I’m sorry to hear that your partner may not stick around for this, either. :hugs: If I hadn’t met my OH when I did I would be trying this on my own. This seems like the easy part, so if she’s not committed now, the 1, 3, and 5 AM wake-ups probably won’t help matters.

I told OH today that this whole thing seems really imbalanced. Here I am giving up things that I love (COFFEE), eating things I hate (ROBITUSSIN), taking about 8000 pills a day, checking CM every few hours, peeing on sticks, getting dehydrated so that peeing on sticks will work better, reading endlessly about supplements, temping every morning, charting everything, trying not to obsess about all symptoms, but being hyper-aware of them nonetheless, and all that lucky ******* has to do is have more sex. :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: I asked him if that seemed fair, and he is it did not, but that he promised to pull his weight in later stages, “when things get worse.” :dohh: Sigh.

In other news, I have a dilemma: Today is an off night for SMEP, but I have tons of EWCM. OPKs still giving the same faint line they have this whole time. Do we follow SMEP and skip tonight, or go for it? :shrug: :help:

:kiss::hugs: :kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs: to all the lovely ladies here!!!!!

Happy Australia Day to any other Aussies out there - we need a little Aussie-flag-waving, beer swilling, Vegemite-eating emoticon :haha:

Emily..wow what a journey you're having. Good luck with thinking about maybe single parenting. I adopted twice and parented as a single and it was h.a.r.d. but totally doable :flower: Of course I adopted mine older, so it would be totally different but anyways...that's my 2 cents worth :thumbup:

La Bergere..welcome back :hi:

Twiggers..not sure about CM, I just put whatever I think on the day into FF. I don't get any eggy-whitey stuff at all :nope:

Dash..how's the bloat? The lady that does my scans says I'm super-gassy. In fact this week she couldn't see my left ovary at either scan with the dildo-cam. Had to scan from above. Bloody body betraying me again :blush::blush::blush:

Pebble..god am I hearing you or what. This morning I almost choked on my COQ10, folate, multi-vit, glucosamine (for my bad hip - old age!) cocktail. This process is bollocks :growlmad:

Pebbler and Moon...your sparkly dust WORKED :happydance: In the 48 hours from Thursday morning to this morning my Estradiol went from 333 to 886 and LH from 8.84 to 11.7. IUI Monday morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->