TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi gals! I hope you don't mind me butting in. I'm 37 and DH is 40 and we have been trying for a year now. I just get so worried that we are getting older and we won't figure out what is going on & we really want a baby!

Ness-Good luck with the COQ10. Hopefully it does the trick this cycle.

Twiggers-Hopefully you caught the egg and you’ll see that temp rise soon! My DH also has DE, so I understand the “science” of home insemination all too well. As for the EWCM, have you ever tried green tea? A few cycles back I was drinking a few cups a day from AF through ovulation, and it definitely thinned out my CM (although it was really watery, so perhaps I drank too much, and I WAS peeing constantly!). :loo:

Maddy-My fingers are crossed that your IUI goes well today!

Emily- You sound like a strong woman. I’m sure the thought of being a single parent seems scary, but if this is something you really want, then try not to second guess yourself. I work with a woman who decided to adopt on her own in her late thirties. Her son is now a happy 6-year old, and he lights up her world. I really hope you get your BFP this month.

Kismet-Regarding your temps, did you take them at the same time every morning and how did you sleep (tossing and turning, etc.)? Also, is this your first cycle taking the vitex?

DrH-I hope that you and your family are safe from the flood waters.

Pbl-Ugh! Sorry you got a UTI…those are the worst. Have you ever tried AZO? It’s a temporary fix for the discomfort while waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. I hope your nether-regions feel better soon so you’re able to take advantage of your fertile time. :dance:

Hope-Welcome! :hi: I’m in a similar situation…trying naturally for almost a year with no luck. Have you had any tests done yet? What next steps do you plan to take?

Hello and Happy Monday to Mirium, Chicken, Purps, LadyH, Moon, La Berg, and all other ladies on here. Hugs to everyone! :hugs:

AFM- I had a ten day bleed-several days of brownish spotting before a really strange (sporadic) and light AF, then more multi-colored spotting for several more days. That has never happened before. CBFM said I was “high” yesterday, so DH and I attempted to do the deed. He has DE, so no luck with ejaculation. We had to inseminate after, but I was exhausted :sleep: and couldn’t O. My temps are off (higher than usual), but I’ve been tossing and turning and not sleeping well the last few days, and I’m worried I might not ovulate after all…had to reschedule my FSH test due to crazy AF. I have a dr. appt. with a new ob-gyn in mid-February, but contacted Shady Grove over the weekend to get information on cost and insurance information. I still feel so confused about if I’m making the right decisions and trying not to waste time… :dohh:

Has anyone heard of the “Restoring Fertility” DVD? I’ve been thinking of purchasing this as another natural approach.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
:dust:

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok and so sorry to be jumping straight in with my question which is about supplements again. I am really hoping to get myself organised for next cycle with these and even though I have a marathon to do at the beginning of April there is no harm in getting my body ready. But I just have a few queries about dosage etc.

Omega 3 – Dwrgi you were saying Dashka’s advice is to take 1800g of EPA. This is probably a daft question but when researching Omega 3, the dosage of the EPA is different to the Omega 3 dosage. Is the 1800g the EPA dosage or the Omega 3?

Baby Aspirin – can this be taken throughout your cycle or on specific days?

EPO/B Complex/Bee Pollen/Royal Jelly – what is the best dosage to take?

Thanks for the help. x

And OMG! UTI! I can't imagine letting anyone come near me. I only had one but I couldn't even stand to wear pants. I was in college and had a roommate so I wore a skirt with no underpants around my dorm for two days. To me, that would be the month for the Instead cup!
By the way, with further reflection I think this is a brilliant idea. This particular UTI is a little rougher than usual, so I think lots of :sex: is a bad idea. Any tips for a newbie with the Instead cups? Will be trying tonight (OPK lines are getting darker!), and I've never used anything like these. OH once bought me a Diva cup as a gift (he's a super tree-hugger), but he bought the bigger size based on my age and I just couldn't get the damn thing up there. :haha: :blush: Glad we have a "female anatomy expert" around to help us out! :rofl:

Emily, I think the occasional moments of terror are normal. For many of us TTC lasts long enough for those to completely subside, although I imagine they return once one is actually pregnant.

Thinking of you, Dr.H!

Also....

Welcome to Hope! FX your stay is short and sweet!

Irish and Iam, sorry I can't help with your questions. I'm sure some of the other ladies around here will know. :hugs: to you both!

Hi girls we are flooding so have been moving things for last 24 hours am stuffed:(. Good luck all!

Dr H-OMG, what an absolute nightmare. Am thinking of you and hope that you've managed to rescue most of your belongings! There's always something, isn't there?? :hugs::hugs:

And OMG! UTI! I can't imagine letting anyone come near me. I only had one but I couldn't even stand to wear pants. I was in college and had a roommate so I wore a skirt with no underpants around my dorm for two days. To me, that would be the month for the Instead cup!
By the way, with further reflection I think this is a brilliant idea. This particular UTI is a little rougher than usual, so I think lots of :sex: is a bad idea. Any tips for a newbie with the Instead cups? Will be trying tonight (OPK lines are getting darker!), and I've never used anything like these. OH once bought me a Diva cup as a gift (he's a super tree-hugger), but he bought the bigger size based on my age and I just couldn't get the damn thing up there. :haha: :blush: Glad we have a "female anatomy expert" around to help us out! :rofl:

Emily, I think the occasional moments of terror are normal. For many of us TTC lasts long enough for those to completely subside, although I imagine they return once one is actually pregnant.

Thinking of you, Dr.H!

I've done the cups! They're okay, although I've heard horror stories of the cup getting stuck, and having to get one's other half to pull the thing out (this didn't happen to me, btw!!! :blush::haha:). I forgot about mine, and left it in for two days once. Some people put loads of sperm friendly lube on the cup before it is inserted, so that the sperm can get an even better start. IDK-worth a try!! Good luck!! And sorry for the UTI-nasty! :hugs:

Omega 3 – Dwrgi you were saying Dashka’s advice is to take 1800g of EPA. This is probably a daft question but when researching Omega 3, the dosage of the EPA is different to the Omega 3 dosage. Is the 1800g the EPA dosage or the Omega 3?

Thanks for the help. x

You need 1800 of EPA, not Omega 3. So, I take almost 8 capsules of omega 3 every day, each one is worth about 250 EPA, which gets me to 1800 (well, 2000, obs!).

Aspirin every day, although I've heard some people use it only after O.

RJ-3 x 500mg per day. Bee propolis-1 x 500mg per day.

As you can see, it gets very expensive!

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for the help. x

You need 1800 of EPA, not Omega 3. So, I take almost 8 capsules of omega 3 every day, each one is worth about 250 EPA, which gets me to 1800 (well, 2000, obs!).

Aspirin every day, although I've heard some people use it only after O.

RJ-3 x 500mg per day. Bee propolis-1 x 500mg per day.

As you can see, it gets very expensive!

Good luck! :thumbup:

OMG! I am going to rattle and I will feel as if I am ODing but if it works it works. Yeah it is expensive but I am doing a bit of research to get the best possible prices. :winkwink:

Thanks for the info :hugs:

Ooooo DrH hope you are all OK. Keep safe and well chick xxx

Oooo uti... not nice! Get those cranberries and antibiotics I say!

Emily... wobbles affect us all I think... you suddenly reflect on what is and could be and it is like 'whoa.....'! I just think if loads of other people can do it I must be able to!

Dwrgi.... you got the mountain chart thing going chick!

Hi ladies. Sorry have read everything but can'tblooming remember much!

Dr h hope ur safe.

Hope-welcome.

Pebble-uti sucks. I got one right before my afs started post depo. Evilness.

Afm 8/9 dpo. Symptoms as follows:sore boobs, pulling sensation in left pelvic area, strange feeling in tummy, slight constipation, dizziness, ache in lower back for days. However am equally aware that all could be explained away!!

When I was pg before I wasn't expecting it so I can't really remember but I did have dizziness pulling and sore boobs.

Anyway being observed this week in school so that should keep my mind of it!

Am going out with a friend on fri night so will test then @12 dpo. Fingers crossed.

Love to all.vx

Pebble - sorry about UTI they are the worst. I hope you are feeling better soon. And yes you are right it is test time for me but nothing BNF and also no AF. Hanging in limbo. I really thought my cycles had sorted themselves out but it doesn't look like it. XXX Thanks for asking XXX

Pebble - Oh noooooooooo - am so sorry about the UTI!!!! Hope the antibiotics kick in soon!!! Those things are horrible!! Interesting that you say you build up to O in sputters... same thing for me too. Hope you feel better soon!!! (Oh and I would only hold it for 2 hours - not 4 - and would still be able to get a +OPK... so don't cause yourself too much pain holding it in so you can POAS!! A UTI isn't worth it!!!!) Take care and :hugs:

Twiggers - hope you start to see a pattern... :hugs:

Maddy - GOOD LUCK on your IUI today!!!! So happy the numbers went up!!!! Yaaayyy!! :thumbup::happydance:

Nessaw - FX for you big time!! Just a few more days of waiting! :flower:

DrHouse - Oh NO!!!! Am so so sorry about the flooding. Hope you were able to move enough things and get them to a dry area. :hugs:

Hi Hope - welcome :flower:

Iamtrue - crossing my fingers that you ovulate and catch it. It is so confusing figuring out when that happens and when you have to try to catch it. FX for you. :hugs:

Chicken - FX!!!! :flower:

Hi to all the other lovely ladies here. Hope you're having a good start to the week.

AFM - Am hoping I can get through the next few weeks... am still nervous but starting to feel more hopeful.

Hi ladies !

Maddy – did you have your IUI today??? how did it go???

Emily – sorry about your relationship but I’m glad you are not giving up your dream! Good luck!

La Bergere – welcome back! Sorry about your friends news…. We’ve all been there and know what that’s like…. Hang in there!

Moon –
glad you are well! Hang in there! When is your scan?

Ness – having fun with the symptoms eh? I’m 8DPO and I know what you mean!

Kismet – glad you’ve got your groove back on!

Pebble – aw hun re: your talk with DH….it’s frustrating sometimes right – they just don’t realize what we go through… You seem to have EWCM for a long time??? I never have it that long… You know you are really close to ovulation when it’s super stretchy and can pull it apart 2 inches without breaking (the stickiness I mean) and is the consistency of egg whites. Do you have any other symptoms ie. bloating etc? I tend to get bloated on my ov day…….Hmmm if you don’t think you are close I would say try tomorrow again if you did already yesterday. Good luck! 0h – just read about your UTI…. Yikes… that sucks! Yes Cranberry juice it up!!!!

Dr. H- on no re: flooding!!! Hope you are all okay !!

Hopthisyear – welcome to our thread! Good luck

Iamtrue – hoping things get easier for you….

Irish eyes – yes 1800 mg of EPA (actually I think I only take 4 which equals 1720mg –but close enough) So read your Omega 3’s label to check the amount of EPA in there… Also make sure it’s pharmaceutical grade –tested for purity and all that ….

Lils and Dwrgi – wrote in your journals!

Purps – how are you doing lovely?

Hello and hugs to everyone I missed!:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM – I’m 8DPO – still more bloated than usual but maybe I’m just getting more pudgy eating comfort foods? IDK …. Nothing really to report… Saw “The Hobbit” last night finally…. I loved the Lord of the Rings but thought this was more violent in a way (or maybe because it was 3D) I wanted more Hobbit and less orcs!! (sp?)

I went to pick up my prescription for the clomid and the doctor hadn't signed it!just as well I didn't leave it til cd1!!

Dashka-we can obsess together!

Chicken-fingers crossed for it being too early to test.

Moon-:):):):):)

Emily-I have doubts about this ttc malarkey all the time. The month I got pg I was thinking that maybe it won't happen and it was too scary so I'd think of another project!

Maddy-any news?

Irish I haven't taken any of those but the girls on here know wats what! Good luck.

Have been nosing round the 2ww and pregnancy test photo forums. Never been in them before. Not got anything else done tonight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->