TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Happy Australia Day to any other Aussies out there - we need a little Aussie-flag-waving, beer swilling, Vegemite-eating emoticon :haha:

Emily..wow what a journey you're having. Good luck with thinking about maybe single parenting. I adopted twice and parented as a single and it was h.a.r.d. but totally doable :flower: Of course I adopted mine older, so it would be totally different but anyways...that's my 2 cents worth :thumbup:

La Bergere..welcome back :hi:

Twiggers..not sure about CM, I just put whatever I think on the day into FF. I don't get any eggy-whitey stuff at all :nope:

Dash..how's the bloat? The lady that does my scans says I'm super-gassy. In fact this week she couldn't see my left ovary at either scan with the dildo-cam. Had to scan from above. Bloody body betraying me again :blush::blush::blush:

Pebble..god am I hearing you or what. This morning I almost choked on my COQ10, folate, multi-vit, glucosamine (for my bad hip - old age!) cocktail. This process is bollocks :growlmad:

Pebbler and Moon...your sparkly dust WORKED :happydance: In the 48 hours from Thursday morning to this morning my Estradiol went from 333 to 886 and LH from 8.84 to 11.7. IUI Monday morning!

Yay, Maddy!!! :happydance: i'll keep everything crossed for you but my legs!!!! :dust:

And "dildo cam..." :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll be parenting alone. She was saying that she wanted to be a part of it, but her actions weren't showing it. It really changed my view of the whole relationship and made me really distant. Even she suggested we take a break.

Twiggers, your temperature will rise after you ovulate, and drop again when it's time for AF. Unless you're lucky enough to get pregnant this month, in which case your temp will stay high. The sure way to know that you've ovulated is that your temp will rise. FF says it's the day after ovulation, but I read elsewhere it can be longer after, I think the second day. Either way, you'll know it happened if your temp is up when you take it one morning.

Kismet, good call on letting go of the outcome. It's a good life philosophy. :thumbup:

Pebble, I'm not sure that a cup can really get stuck, though you have to be willing to stick your fingers in yourself and pull it out, and if you have a high cervix it will be pretty far back. I think a lot of women aren't used to pulling much more than a tampon out, though those ttc probably have an advantage because we check for fertile mucus. And where most of you have more experience with sperm and don't have "OMG what is this stuff?" freakouts while ttc, I'm pretty familiar with female anatomy. :blush:

Maddy -great news!! Good luck chick xx

Kismet -glad you are feeling better :hugs:

Twiggers -not sure about step, but BD every other day now should cover all bases until you see that temp rise! Fingers crossed for you x

Ness...it sounds like you are having an interesting time.....fingers crossed chick! Xx

Hi and hugs to everyone else xxxx
I've got an almost flat battery here..will have to plug in and come back later!

This is the first cycle I def know we've done everything 'right'. Timings vitamins lefs up etc so its really hard to keep the hope dampened down.

I got my coq10 gummies this morning. Shd I wait til af to start taking them?

Also I wd love to fall this month and not have to take the clomid. As I'm sure many of u will understand this is not I imagined getting pg wd be! But hey if it works.....!!

Kismet glad ur starting to c a way forward.

Love to all vx

Triggers try an Opk a little after lunchtime or before 4 pm, not sure looking at your chart if you did ovulate yet, need to see that temp continue upwards.

Ness I took the COQ10 throughout my cycle as I wanted to build it up, most vitamins take three months to make a difference. I only stopped it the day I found out we'd been successful so should be ok to start now.

Ness -Yep I'd agree with Ladyh, I was taking the coq10 till I got a bfp, so you should be fine to start now :)

Emily, I'm so sorry you are going to be physically doing this alone but mentally and emotionally please remember you have a whole lot of great ladies here very willing to help you through this XXX

PS I'm also sorry but I have had to laugh at your sperm distress. Don't worry it wont bite :haha:

Hi to everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend!

just a quick note to our Australian ladies - hope you are safe! ( seen on the news about areas in and around Queensland flooding and tornadoes)

Happy Sunday, ladies! Hope all is well with everyone. This thread is rarely so quiet, and I start to worry about people! I have nothing to report, although I'm angry at the universe for sending me a UTI right in the middle of my fertile period. :dohh: :grr: Had to happen sometime during TTC, since I've gotten them all my adult life and they're also linked to :sex: for me. Still waiting for the OPKs to get darker, but it's much harder to hold onto to pee long enough to get a valid test. :shy: :loo: I'm going to try and power through with SMEP during this, which I know the doctors will disapprove of, but I have my priorities.Bring on the cranberry and antibiotics! I have no idea if this will interfere or not, but FX that it won't. This month, like last, my body seems to build up to O in sputters. Couple days of EWCM, then nothin. Then more. Then nothin. I'm worried this means something. :nope: :cry: ](*,)

Emily, how do you think timing went this month?

Twiggers, it's possible your OPKs will be a bit unreliable this month, with your body figuring out it's not on BC. Purp's advice about EOD BD is really good.

Ness, still symptom spotting? :dust:

Kismet, how are you feeling? :hugs:

Maddy, when is the IUI? :dust:

Mirium, great big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you if you're reading.

Chicken, don't you have a test date coming up? :dust:

How are all of our UTD ladies?

NEWS, PEOPLE, I need NEWS!!!

I hope everyone is ok. I kind of know who is in the UK, who is in Australia, who is in Canada, and who is in the USA, but not really where everyone is within those countries. My knowledge of the geography of Australia is just fair. I know where Perth is (on the map; I've never been south of the equator) and which cities are on the east coast, but that's about it. I do know that your national anthem is not "Waltzing Matilda" but "Advance Australia Fair"!

Pebble, I think I got the timing of insemination right this time. I had my temp surge this morning, so it was definitely in the right window. I'm just feeling quiet because of the enormity of it all. Last time with the timing not quite right, I figured it was pretty unlikely. I know at my age there's only a 5-10% chance of getting pregnant in any given cycle anyway, but there's so much better of a chance this time with this timing, so now I'm feeling kind of scared. What if it worked? What have I done? I might be a single mother come October! I'm just trying to go about my normal life and figure it will be ok if I am pregnant and ok if I'm not.

And OMG! UTI! I can't imagine letting anyone come near me. I only had one but I couldn't even stand to wear pants. I was in college and had a roommate so I wore a skirt with no underpants around my dorm for two days. To me, that would be the month for the Instead cup!

Kismet, when my nephew was born I went through a lot of blinking back tears. It's much better now that he's older. If my sister has another baby before I do I imagine it will be the same again, though.

Hi girls we are flooding so have been moving things for last 24 hours am stuffed:(. Good luck all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->