TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Today, for Too Much of a Good Thing, I present you the following:
https://jezebel.com/5985517/texas-woman-births-two-sets-of-identical-twin-boys

Flippin' eck! Two sets of identical twins!!??? And NO fertility drugs! That is AAAAAAAAmazing! :wacko::wacko:

I know that waiting is THE worst, lovely. Let's hope those ten days fly past. Better to do more You Know What leading up to O, so that sounds more promising!! Big :hugs::hugs: and lots of love, Axxx:kiss:

Gosh Ness, and I was just musing to myself today how everyone else here has such stable emotions and seem so sure about things :thumbup:. Where as my emotions are all over the shop, even without the fertility meds. :shrug:

Dwrgi, yes grrrr hiss it's very unfair. Temper tanty city in my house at the moment :hissy:

Owl how r your eggies darlin? :smile:

AFM bloodwork today...things seem to be happening a little faster this cycle so I'm going back for more bloods and a scan tomorrow...

Good luck Maddy! It just shows how every cycle can be so different. Why the temper tanties? And yours or DH's?

Big :hugs: and good luck tomorrow! xxxx:hugs::hugs:

Welcome Doorbell. I'm sure you will get lots of support from the marvellous women on here! What's your history? What tests have you had done, and have you done any treatments??

Big :hugs: and good luck! :thumbup:

Am just going to get googling (sorry, Twigs, for your Google glums :wacko::hugs:) about a news item today: NICE are recommending lifting the age limit for women to have IVF on the NHS, from 40 to 42. Of course, I am more than positive that I will still be ineligible (especially as I've already had a few cycles, privately), but it's certainly worth looking into.. OH said that Radio 5 had a phone in about it this morning, and you can get this from the BBC website :shrug:

Big :hugs::hugs: to everybody. Twilight tonight, so didn't finish till 6, so I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally tired... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:winkwink:

Any use to anybody?

Fertility treatments should be offered on the NHS after two years of trying, not three, and up to the age of 42 (if you haven't had a cycle already).

Defo worth hassling your doctors about, UK girls!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21505578

Welcome Doorbell You are very welcome here XXX

Dwrgi, Yes I was pleased to see this this morning. However I don't think we will be doing IVF (If it comes to that) DH doesn't want to go down that road and I have to respect his wishes. Off for out first FS appointment tomorrow and very anxious about it. Hope you are OK my lovely XXX

Welcome Doorbell You are very welcome here XXX

Dwrgi, Yes I was pleased to see this this morning. However I don't think we will be doing IVF (If it comes to that) DH doesn't want to go down that road and I have to respect his wishes. Off for out first FS appointment tomorrow and very anxious about it. Hope you are OK my lovely XXX

Good luck with the appointment! You are very sanguine about DH's decision, and I do respect you for that too.

When I first started this, I was completely AGAINST any assisted conception; things change, so you never know.

Good luck and let us know how you get on, lovely lady, Axxxx:hugs::hugs:

Pebble – hope this is the month for you hun!:thumbup::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss: Some people have all the luck eh??:wacko:

Kismet – hmmm….interesting new-found mojo!!:thumbup: That didn’t happen to me when I took Vitex for almost a year! :nope:Are you sure it’s that? Have you been doing reiki?? Cause that seemed to help me a lot in that area last week! :blush:(we only DTD once at ov but it was 2 hrs after reiki! and UNFORGETTABLE:blush:)

Dragonfly – that’s great – I’ve heard good things about Hannam….. I go to Create which has a good reputation too. Good luck!:thumbup:

Maddy – no special plans here…. (pre IVF) really I would love that but so hard to arrange….. We didn’t even go out for Valentine’s as a couple - went out on the weekend though with AD. We have to start doing things – arranging once/month date like thing – I’ve mentioned it to him a few times (and it just doesn’t seem to happen) We saw a movie alone together last month (The Hobbit) and that’s the last time.:dohh: Glad to hear the ‘jabbing’ is going well – your IUI will be here soon! :thumbup:Good luck hun! :hugs::hugs:Oh just read about your SIL and brother – double ARGH!! for you! Are they crazy –no help??? They may change their minds quickly once baby arrives.:wacko:

Pad – oh no snot monster??!!!:nope: Hope you feel better soon….:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Owl – thanks hun! :hugs:So glad to hear you don’t have much side effects so far…..:thumbup: Do you think it will still be Friday/Sat for ER?? Good luck!! All positive eggy vibes your way !!!:hugs::hugs:

Chicken – Good luck at your FS app’t tomorrow!!!:hugs::thumbup:

Ness – no apology needed hun….. :hugs:that’s what we are here for…. Fingers crossed you get that house !!:thumbup:

Doorbell – Welcome to the best thread ever!!:flower:

Dwrgi – Oh yes I meant to ask you guys about that – re: NHS – I saw that Carole posted on FB a few days ago…. I really have everything crossed for you that you’ll be eligible! (and some other UK women too!):hugs::kiss:

Hugs and luvs to all!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - still having problems with shoulder/arm – but MUCH better than before. It was so bad that ES Tylenol did nothing for it…. But thank goodness it’s a LOT better. Hoping that acupuncture tonight will help with it too… Can’t believe I’ll probably be going to the clinic in a week for my baseline scan….yikes!:dohh:

Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome.

My history - have had all the normal tests, day 3 & 21, I ovulate normally. HSG is clear, hubby's swimmers are good and in the normal range. We have been through 3 IVF's, last one resulted in our first BFP but was a chemical sadly. I guess my eggs are just a bit rubbish, I'm just hoping I hatch a good one at some point.

Thanks ladies for your good luck wishes.
I very thoughtful friend has just called me to let me know that one of the girls from work had her baby tonight. She didn't want me to find out as part of the group tomorrow, especially with my appointment in the afternoon. I thought this was really nice of her. She does understand what I'm going though it took her a long time to get her little boy then he was still born. She has another little boy now but still remembers what it is like to really want a child. She has been there for me a lot.

Dwrgi, I'm not totally accepting of it and it isn't what I would choose and yes I hope if push does come to shove he will change his mind. But if he doesn't then I will accept it.

Chicken back before my bfp I was due to go the the fs and I presumed I would be prescribed clomid. I was in 2 minds about it then mainly thinking that it wasn't how I planned to be pg. However 3 months later I've taken it and thinking why not if it helps us. But when the fs said she'll give us 3 months on clomid then straight to ivf I have to admit I did blanch and I think its something we're going to have to think very carefully about. Sorry I know thats not a particularly useful answer but its kinda where we're at.

Pebble...ah luv don't torture me with those twins. I can't think of anything worse. One smallish wiggly bub squeezed out my wazoo will do me just fine, thank-you-very-much!

Chicken...good luck with the FS. You have to do what's right for you. To be honest both DH and I still have mixed feelings and there are a lot of days when I feel IVF is not for us. But having decided on an "end date" for our TTC efforts has made a difference. Now we can now throw everything at TTC knowing that it's only for a short period and we are not getting onto an endless emotional and financial roundabout.

Dash..glad the shoulder feels better. YAY for baselines :)

maddy - good luck on this cycle. How are your follies looking?

door - welcome

chicken - It's wonderful that you and DH are on the same page and that you are respecting each others' wishes. I also was totally against fertility treatment in the beginning. But when nothing happened after a year, I said I would try clomid but not more. When clomid didn't work I said I will try injections and IUI's but NEVER IVF. Well, you can see how that worked out... not :wacko: It kind of spiraled down for me until there was no other option and I just wanted to be able to say that I've tried everything... I guess I don't really have a point to this story :dohh:

dash - glad to hear that your shoulder feels better. Ouch, that sounded painful! :hugs: I'm still hoping that you won't need that baseline :winkwink: and send your more :dust:

IVF update:
I've been to the clinic every day since sunday for monitoring. I now have 17 measurable follicles (they found 5 more since yesterday) and 9 of them are between 14 and 19mm. E2 is at 3400. I will probably trigger tomorrow with ER on Saturday. Will know for sure tomorrow.

:hug: to all!

.... the fs said she'll give us 3 months on clomid then straight to ivf...

Ness is your FS not doing any IUI along with the Clomid? Or was it your choice to do meds-only? :flower:

maddy - good luck on this cycle. How are your follies looking?

Owl...one lead follie at 14mm plus a bunch of smaller ones and 'excellent' lining. Yada yada - heard all this before! More bloods on Saturday morning.

Doorbell...join the mad bunch. Which country are you located in? Feel free to overshare :thumbup:

I think I posted elsewhere today...I had a dream last night that all these IUI cycles with multiple follicles sucked my ovaries dry and when we got to IVF had no eggs left. So NOT the dream you need to have one month before starting IVF!

Hi gals! New here! I'm 37 and my hubby is 40. We have been trying for a little over a year with three losses in that time. It's very frustrating as we don't understand why I can't stay pregnant past 6 weeks. My OB/GYN referred me to a FS and I have my first appointment this Friday. I am nervous and a little excited too.

Thanks for your words ladies, you may think they don't help but they do. We will see how we get on. We also disagree with our cut off age but again we will see. I guess we just wait and see. I am so anxious already I have been awake since 5. I'm really worried he is going to tell me I am far to fat (which I am) and to go away and come back when I am a better weight. I guess we will see. Hugs to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->