TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Got a pos opk tonight...cd13! I'm happy that ov has been pushed back a few days with the clomid. I have to admit, I didn't expect to get a pos for a few days. I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound to check number and size of follicles, though I hope I haven't ovulated by the time I get there. My ovaries are aching like crazy!

Oh Owl, I am so so very sorry :hug: I know nothing we say or do can make you feel better, but we are all thinking of you, hun.

Mirium, have you talked to the doc yet? :hugs:

And Maddy, big :hugs: for AF, although I know she was expected.

Ceil, good luck catching that egg!

Afm, nasty temp drop this am, and some disconcerting spotting. Def out this month. :cry: I'm heading to the cape this am, and I'm going to give myself a little bnb break while I'm there. I'll be thinking of you ladies!!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: and one more just for owl: :hugs:

Maddy, sorry about AF and Pebble, sorry about the spotting. :hugs: :hugs: I'm not sure what's up with my cycle, but I expect I'll be joining you on the next one shortly. :sad1:

Owl-I am very, very sorry to read your news, and know that you must be devastated. Do what you have to do to get you through the coming days and weeks, and we are all here for you if you need us for anything. This doesn't have to mean it's all over! :thumbup: Big :hugs::hugs:

Pebble-enjoy your retreat! Sounds fab. Am very sorry that you think nasty, evil biatch is about to show. Hate her! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Love to everybody!
:hugs:

Owl thinking of you. It does suck. It is unfair. Please get lots of hugs from your DH.

Kismet... I'm not sure you are out.

Owl - Oh hun - I am sooo soooo sorry.... I had so wished this was it for you...:cry::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: it's so friggin' painful I know:nope: - just grieve and take the time you need to heal...:hugs::hugs:

Pebble - sorry you are spotting... dammit.....:hugs::hugs:

Kismet - your chart still looks good I think...:hugs:

AFM - pretty sad -:cry: got the call this morning and it's not great -I guess they weren't golden eggs after all....- Out of 5 eggs - they could only ICSI two of them and only ONE fertilized.:shock::nope: I am devasted and am praying that the ONE lasts until Thursday's transfer. So much for taking all that crap to improve egg quality and low stims for increased egg quality - dammit I can't do this anymore.:nope: I balled my eyes out for half hour afterward. thank goodness I'm going to acupuncture in a few hours -hoping it will help my outlook on things.

hugs and luvs to all and thanks for all your support.....:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Dash am keeping everything crossed that your golden egg makes it to thurs and sticks. Big big hugs.xx

Hello. My dh and I are doing our first iui this week. It will be unmedicated. I am 38 and worried that we are wasting time with not taking meds. I seem to ovulate on my own but dh has a low sa on most measures so they said it would take several years without iui. Has anyone done iui unmedicated?

Hello again everyone. I'm sorry that I disappeared for a few weeks. I think I got a bit overwhelmed by the IVF roller coaster. It has been very intense and it was all I could do to get my butt to the scans and to work.

Owl, I'm really sorry to read that you cycle didn't work. I'm sad for you. It's such an intense experience to go through and the come down afterwards is really full on. I do hope you are looking after yourself. I know it may not feel like much of a comfort, but it is good that you have 4 frosties :hugs:

Dash, I also wanted to say that I really felt for you when I read about your experience. I really hope for you that your egg is good and strong. I've heard it so many times before that it only takes one good one.

AFM, I had my transfer on Sunday. I got 7 eggs, 5 fertilised and one was a healthy looking blast on day 5. The others were ok, but they said that they weren't good enough to freeze. I had already decided I only wanted to transfer one embryo because I'm doing this as a single woman and the idea of twins as a lone parent gives me the heebie geebies!

Anyway, I'm trying not to think about whether it has worked or not. I have to say I do feel really quite nauseous, my boobs are sore and I feel like I'm just about to get AF. But I do know that these symptoms are all side effects of the lovely progesterone suppositories that I'm using morning and evening. A friend of mine had IVF (she had twins after 3 cycles) She said that when you have IVF you really cant read your body at all because hormones all mimic pregnancy symptoms.

I really can't believe that my egg has survived the transfer. It just seems too unlikely. What is weird about it is that all the injections and scans and probing and prodding all culminate in the transfer of something that is probably the size of the tip of a needle. Weird. I'm 42, and whilst the doctor kept telling me I was doing really well at each stage, he did keep reminding me that the chances of success were small, so I'm trying not to let my mind speculate. I will be gutted if it's a negative, but somehow I will just have to keep on going.

Sorry once again for disappearing. I feel slightly less overwhelmed now and if I do another cycle at least I will know what is in store for me and I won't go AWOL again.

It's lovely to read everyones posts again :flower:

Dash - I pray that your golden egg is the one!!

Owl - thinking of you!!

Kismet - hope you're not out!

Pebble - Your retreat sounds wonderful. Hope you're not out!

I got my D&C results yesterday and it's not very revealing - no surprise. It stated that the fetus was a 'normal female' with normal chromosome count of 46. Because the mother is a female too, that result always come with speculation that the mother's tissue could have been tested instead in error. Now, even if it was the fetus that was a normal female - I believe that chromosome count could be normal but there could still be genetic problems. I did not really research that but that makes sense to me. The doc advised to 'repeat miscarriage testing'. I did not actually speak to him. His nurse just talked to me by phone. Seems like he's thinking that it could have really been a normal fetus and something in my body could be causing the miscarriages.

I will just soldier on and do my best. I am not sure I agree with doing miscarriage testing again. I am concerned about my uterus after all these procedures/surgery so I will have that checked again and maybe I'll see a regular family doctor again to run some tests again. I have a few dental fill ins - I'll consult a dentist about that. Also, I'll change my MTHFR (Lils mentions on her journal) supplements because MTHFR women trying to conceive advise not to use regular folic acid as advised by most docs. Who knows what to do so that's my plan. Have a great evening ladies.

Hello. My dh and I are doing our first iui this week. It will be unmedicated. I am 38 and worried that we are wasting time with not taking meds. I seem to ovulate on my own but dh has a low sa on most measures so they said it would take several years without iui. Has anyone done iui unmedicated?

Hi Baby, our Dr would not offer us unmedicated IUI due both to my age and DH's poor motility and morphology. In the end IUI didn't work for us anyway, but I do think it was a nice, *soft* introduction to fertility asistance, it's paved the way for us to progressto IVF.

Hi Baby, our Dr would not offer us unmedicated IUI due both to my age and DH's poor motility and morphology. In the end IUI didn't work for us anyway, but I do think it was a nice, *soft* introduction to fertility asistance, it's paved the way for us to progressto IVF.

My doctor also suggested only trying one IUI before doing IVF. Originally when I went to see him, I was asking for donor insemination, but he said that because of my age he didn't want me to waste valuable months doing IUI. I've just finished my first cycle of IVF. I have a hunch that it hasn't worked. :nope: I've just been googling about egg donation programmes. Gennet seems to be the most competitive, but there is another place in Russia called Ava Peter and I like the sound of them, though they are more expensive. Anyone out there had any experience with these clinics?

Owl I just wanted to say so sorry that you didn't get the result we were all hoping that you would get. Having experienced a failed procedure too... as many on here have... we know how crap it makes you feel. You know we are all here cheering you on xxx

Dash... don't give up hope yet darling... I know it is not what you expected, but there is still hope as you have 1 egg. Grow eggie grow! Relax and prepare yourself for the next stage chick. It is not over yet xx

Mirium I am sorry the results were not as conclusive as you needed them to be. 3 of mine were tested and as I only seem to conceive males they could rule out maternal material. It is still a devastating reminder though I know. In terms of the MTHR (sp?) I believe you need to high dose of folic acid - 5mg. In the UK this is only available on prescription. I know Lils will be able to talk you through it better than me!

Chicken.. hope your doing OK!

Hey Dwrgi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"