TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Nice one Ness :thumbup:
Much more enjoyable when its for fun and not totally for the TTC thing :winkwink:

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: for Dash and Jenny and anyone else currently in the hellish TWW.

Ness - you know there is such a thing as lucky shags... just ask Lils...

And remember we got up the duff at 0200 when we had a shag because OH was going interstate at 0900 and that was the day before I ovulated!!!!!! Some babies are just meant to be.

Dwrgi - so pleased you are rugby'ed up! Yum Yum... grapes to assist!!
Maddy not long now...

Twiggers...
dude - on't worry be happy... It is "average" to get preggers at month 4. By 6/12 the rates of fertility decrease slightly and then again at one year.... if you are not UTD by 6/12 then get yourself some good medical advice... Nothing worse that shagging for a year to find out hubby has no Sperms.... and may help... my fiancee has a high sperm count so we changed our strategy, using SMEP and it worked!!

Lady H sending you growth vibes from here....:wohoo:

Butterfly - how goes the house sale...:thumbup: hope its all going well.... can't beleive you are so close to starting!!!!

Purps thinking of you.... some days will be a bugger.... I hope Lana's smile makes it just a little bit better... How lovely to have a guide rather than a "religious god parent":kiss:

Today is 24 weeks. My god. it has flown. I know it is technical V day and worth celebrating..and I thank you lovely ladies from the bottom of my heart..... but actually..............24-27 weeks is the most stressful time for the doctors amongst us... yes that is me.......when outcomes are crappy... Cerebral palsy rates are high.... So my Medical V day is actually 30 weeks....in six weeks time... that is when I actually will be ok..... as that really is the cut off in terms of all things going well..... just small and needing some warmth and cuddles... So for PAD and LADY H - you are there girlfriends.. and as for me, NO DTD til 30 weeks as it gives me an irritable uterus and I get lots of pain.... In fact we haven't since 18 weeks.. when the pain happened for the second time.. leading me to lie on the ground and feel TERRIBLE.... and yes we had steak and oh had wine on Friday.. if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr H-I had steak AND wine last night, if you know what I mean!! :haha::winkwink:
So sorry that you have to go through this lengthy wait to get your V Day, but I cannot believe how quickly the time is going, and it will be here before you know it! So, in the meantime, you'll just have to come up with more creative ways of getting intimate with your OH, and enjoy the experience whilst you're at it, so to speak! Big :hugs::hugs:

oooo err... Drh and Dwrgi you are making me blush!! Hahha:blush:

My poor Hubby has been banned for the duration... ahh well, he will get over it! There are other ways... nudge nudge wink wink...:winkwink:

I had no idea about that DrH! So does cerebal palsy etc show on scans? What happens at 30 wks?... I feel so clueless..:dohh:

Butterfly I hope that house sells quickly so that you can start your plan!!:hugs:

Hi pad no cp is often a disease associated with prematurity. At 30 weeks I stop worrying and yes march 14 is enough to make a girl blush!

Hi Ladies! :hi:

Thanks for that info, DrH! That’s great to know.
So sorry you and Pad have to endure celibacy for a few weeks, but it sounds like you’re still getting your fun in :winkwink: and it’s all totally worth it!

Pad, the writing retreat was just for my usual academic writing. So it was essentially doing the exact same thing I do every day, but in a more wonderful location than my boring office where students can find me at any moment. No best seller here. I’m not that creative. :nope:

LadyH,
any news? Let us know when you hear something!

Ness, hope you caught the egg!

Maddy, I’d love to hear your IVF plan when you get a chance!

Door, exciting about IVF4!!! Keep at it, and this damn thing will work! :thumbup:

Dash—will be visiting your journal. Grow and thrive, little emby!!!

Chicken,
hope you get an u/s Thursday—do you know if you will?

Sorry for AF, Twiggers, but two cycles is still NOTHING! :haha:

That’s all the new news I’m seeing, so I hope I’m not missing anything. As always, big hugs and dust to everyone!!! :hugs: :dust: :hugs: :dust: :hugs: :dust:

AFM, I JUST had my first FS appointment. :happydance: It went really well. I wrote a ton of stuff down, and put it all in my journal (Oh did I mention I have a journal now?? :blush: ) The short version is that I’ll be trying endometrin (progesterone) and Femara for 2-3 months. Then we’ll see depending on test results. I won’t have any blood tests until CD2 of next cycle, but OH will get a SA after O. See my journal for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on this.

I’m feeling really happy and optimistic, much because of the amazing support from all you ladies—I’m just so grateful for you all!!!!

:hugs: :kiss:

Dr H, Pad and Dwrgi, No steak here either DH has got it into his head that it isn't good until after 12 weeks and no matter how much I try to reassure him he says no. We are on holiday next week so I'm hoping for sun, sea, sand and steak :haha:

Pebble
No I wont get a scan tomorrow it is just my booking in appointment, here in the UK unless they are concerned you have to wait until 12 weeks for your first scan. Just lots of info tomorrow and booking my other appointments. Still looking forward to it though :hugs:

Oooh Dr H you naughty, naughty steak-with-the-lot girl, you :haha: Make me :blush: you do!

Pebs...I'm going a "long down-reg cycle" (I had to Dr Google that one!):
BCP for 3 weeks (started last week).
2 April - start Lucrin for 4-5 days
Around 7 April - start Gonal-F until eggs ready (Dr estimates 10-14 days)
Antibiotics - start once EPU is scheduled
EPU currently forecast for the week beginning 22 April
My Doc only does 5-day transfers.

Am spending the 3 weeks of BCP being very healthy and focusing on trying to lose a few more kg before the IVF-bloat hits...

Thanks DrH.
I had no idea that was the case. You never get told things like that over here so it is really useful to know. Roll on to 30 wks Lil Roo!!

Chicken
stand by to get bombarded with info at your appt! You come out with armful of leaflets and Bounty packs lol.
Pbl I am sure you are that creative... not so difficult to let your mind wander and put it on a page x
That appt sounds like it went to well and it is good to have a plan and something to work towards. YAY!

LadyH
any news?

Maddy.... OMG so 22nd April is the big day! That is so exciting and not really so long away. I did much the same thing before this BFP... some exercise, eating well and taking all the prenatal vits, folic acid etc.

Dash am hoping your golden embie is getting comfy in there! Are you doing OK?

Twiggers being patient is something I struggle with! LOL:dohh:

Well girls it's 24 hours or so till my big E day. Hmmm.... Tis great it will soon be over. Then I can get back to the real world, working hard, b and b, sleeping in, cafe culture, exercise (haven't done as much as I would have liked to!)

I can't wait.

Sending you all big squishy hugs and baby dust...

Well girls it's 24 hours or so till my big E day. Hmmm.... Tis great it will soon be over. Then I can get back to the real world, working hard, b and b, sleeping in, cafe culture, exercise (haven't done as much as I would have liked to!)

I can't wait.

Sending you all big squishy hugs and baby dust...

Good luck Dr H! You will do just brilliantly!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::thumbup::thumbup:

DrH, good luck on the exam!

Chicken, hope your appt goes well!

Maddy, that looks like quite a plan! Think lots and lots of healthy thoughts. Are you drinking TONS of water too? :thumbup:

Been browsing on here for a while but not contributed much !

Just wondering about Ovulation kits . Last month got a "smiley" face on CD10 and AF on Day 27. So this month, same Ovulation kit had a 48 hour warning on CD10. When is the earliest day to test ? A bit too impatient to wait until CD27 but on the other hand don't want to test too early and get a BFN!

Thanks all

Just wondering about Ovulation kits . Last month got a "smiley" face on CD10 and AF on Day 27. So this month, same Ovulation kit had a 48 hour warning on CD10. When is the earliest day to test ? A bit too impatient to wait until CD27 but on the other hand don't want to test too early and get a BFN!

Thanks all

Hi, Fbs! It's possible to get a bfp anything after about 7 dpo, but pretty unlikely until about 11 dpo. Even so, lots of women won't get a positive test until 14 dpo or even later. This web page has lots of good info.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Earliest-to-take-HPT.html

:flower:

My turn for a question for the lovely ladies here: baby aspirin. One a day all cycle long, right? And stop when you get a + HPT?

Thanks!

Thanks all

Hi, Fbs! It's possible to get a bfp anything after about 7 dpo, but pretty unlikely until about 11 dpo. Even so, lots of women won't get a positive test until 14 dpo or even later. This web page has lots of good info.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Earliest-to-take-HPT.html

:flower:

My turn for a question for the lovely ladies here: baby aspirin. One a day all cycle long, right? And stop when you get a + HPT?

Thanks!

Thanks pbl_ge that's great going to have to be patient !!

Quick update for those asking
saw Midwife yesterday and she was happy when she saw all the other measures from the scan. It's just the weight that is a worry as she is about 1lb under. Am resting on left side when I can and eating more protein. 9 days left at work and counting! :happydance:

Lady H
Great news, you must be so relieved, keep growing Lil Boo!

Maddy, good luck with your treatment. You sound like you're taking everything in your stride, way to go!

I was wondering about the baby asprin too Pebble. Great news on your meeting with the FS. Its so nice to get the party started and get the :baby: making show on the road. Good luck :thumbup:

Special thoughts for Dash, grow, thrive lil one.

Jenny, have you tested? Cant remember exactly where you were but sure it should be around now? Hope all is well :flower:

Chicken, enjoy your holiday, I'm sooo jealous. You and nugget put your feet up in the sunshine. Actually, is it sunny in Malaysia at this time of year, I have no idea :wacko:

Owl, hope you are feeling much much better and looking forward to being reunited with your snowy owls :flower:

AFM, 8 dpo, zero symptoms as per usual, so no doubt will be starting BCP on day 1, and onto short protocol after that.

:wave: to all the other ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->