TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Small Helen - welcome back and I'm so sorry about AF...:hugs:

Kismet - glad you are going to give your FS a chance.... that is impressive that he would even take time out of his weekend! My RE has called me at 8pm at night a few times to answer questions I sent earlier in the day to the nurse and that he wants to answer personally. These guys work crazy hours. The good thing about your doc (same clinic) is that he is always there at 8am for cycle monitoring (whereas mine doesn't show up until 8:30 or 9:00!) Good luck catching the eggy!!!:thumbup::hugs:

Twiggers - GL with the OPKs!:thumbup:

Karevet - welcome :flower: and I'm sorry about your chemical....:hugs::hugs:

Chicken -
sorry to hear about the spotting - I'm sure it's all fine and a good idea to rest (while you're on vacation anyway!) and maybe not DTD... it will all be worth it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Owl- I'm sorry you are so down and totally understandable hun...:hugs::hugs::hugs: it's such a rollercoaster.... I've told a few people at work and some friends and know that if it's BFN it makes it harder to have to tell them that it didn't work... I think you will feel better after your app't and get the next plan going....:hugs: And yay for the adoption info class!!! that is how we started on the journey to get AD.

hello and hugs to all!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - tomorrow is Beta today and I'm sooo nervous. Today I have this crazy Dizziness and a little nausea and some sharp pains (not AF like though) in my lower abdomen. Don't know what to think but it's driving me MAD!!!:wacko:

Dash - good luck with the beta hun :friends:

SmallHelen - welcome back! Stick around, we are a nice bunch of barren old chicks :winkwink::haha:

Twiggers - hope this cycle is the magic one :kiss:

Karavet - Hi! :flower:

CC - Malaysia, you lucky ducky :hugs: I love Malaysian curries mmmmm nom nom. Hope the spotting stops.

Owl - Sorry you are feeling down honey. I'm sure discussing things will get easier with time Congrats on signing up for the adoption class :D I'm an adoptive parent and, well, what can I say? I love my two kiddos so much that now I want to try and make one :haha:

Kismet - hope that early-egg-hunt was productive :thumbup:

AFM Day 17 of the pill now. Skin like a 17yo, big red hard zit bumps all over my chin and, to add to the indignity, some back-ne as well...WTF :shock: And I haven't even started the Lucrin which will apparently send me into early menopause for 5-days and the Dr has marked on DH's calendar that I'm likely to be 'more hormonal than usual'. HA! :haha::growlmad:

Also...BIG NEWS...on the "looking forward, beyond TTC" front...I've applied for several overseas jobs with my employer. I completed my last overseas assignment 2+ years ago and I'm thinking that, should TTC not work out for us, it's time to go again.

Maddy - so sorry you are feeling crappy with the B/C -:hugs: I only took mine for 2 weeks prior to the Lupron (for IVF#1) and it was not pretty... I hear you on the face break outs - DHEA can also do that.... my chin has broken out the last few days!:wacko:

I'm not sure if the Lucrin is the same as Lupron - but sounds like it...it shuts down your hormones (menopause) -The main side effect I had from that was headaches.... BUT YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

It's nice to have a back-up plan though (hope you won't have to use it!!!) -so you would leave Australia then?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

AFM - still waiting on results from beta.....:wacko::wacko:

Yes Dash the Lupron/Lucrin sounds the same. I am so not/not looking forward to that one! But you're right, I can do it. And DH will be right there beside me when I'm :devil:

Beta is in - NEGATIVE....:cry::cry::cry: i am completely crushed.... and this is the end of the road for me after 11 years.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

thanks for everyone's support :hugs::hugs:- you ladies are wonderful and I wish and pray that all of you get your rainbow babies very soon...

Update
Hi Ladies I don't really know what to think, I started bleeding again yesterday but not heavy, I was OK with that but then had a clot, again not big about 3mm but that really scared me. I'm in a strange city in a strange country, half way across the world and apart from DH who is out all day I'm alone. I'm not having cramps, a few twinges but had them right from the beginning. I'm spending the day in bed as this seems to slow the bleeding but I would be grateful for any advice. I would have been on AF at the moment and I know a lot of ladies bleed at the time AF is due, so I'm holding on to that.

CC:

I wish I had some advice or educated comfort to give you, but this is outside my experience. :nope::hugs: Are you able to reach DH? Would any medical care be covered by your insurance? I confess I don't remember what country you're in and whether they would have good prenatal healthcare. Would it be possible to call your doc back in the uk?

Sorry for all the questions. All I can think to do is brainstorm. :shrug: I think you're doing the right thing by resting. I hope you're able to read or watch TV or do something to distract you a bit. If you can, it would probably help to relax, although that's likely impossible. :wacko: In the meantime, I'm sending you the biggest load of positive vibes and prayers ever. :hugs:

Kismet
Hi Yes DH is contactable by phone but there is no point disrupting his day unless I really need him. We talked about going to the hospital last night (we are Malaysia KL) but we both agreed that (looking on the positive side) nothing extra has happened since I spoke to the Midwife on Tuesday. So unless I start with pain or heavy bleeding there isn't really much point in racking up a big medical bill. I still have symptoms, painful BB and skickness off and on which is really reassuring. My head is telling me it is just a bit of spotting due to sex and AF but all my instincts are on edge. Thanks for thinking of me and I will keep you informed.

CC:

I'm glad you can reach DH if you need him. :thumbup: It's very positive that you still have symptoms! Given everything you've said, I think you're doing the right thing by resting and taking care of yourself. I'm heading to bed soon (it's 1am here), but I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and will check in ASAP tomorrow.

Remember, you may be physically alone right now, but the entire TTC 35+ sisterhood has got your back mentally and spiritually. :thumbup: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi lovelies, I don't come here much anymore but wanted to talk to chicken

Hun it could be the little clot is just a bit of leftover blood after DTD. Fingers and everything crossed that it is.
Usually in this case in the uk, you'd see your gp and he would refer you to the epu -early preg unit, you usually get an appointment within a few days unless you have pain, then they see you sooner in case of ectopic pregnancy. Either way you'd go and have a scan there.
Now I'm not sure how long you are away for, but taking it easy won't hurt, and watch the bleeding. If it gets heavy or you have pain, you must seek medical attention,
If its just light/spotty there probably isn't much that a doctor can do (hope that doesn't sound horrible-I don't mean it to). :hugs: so waiting a bit probably wouldn't make a difference iykwim.

It's good you still have symptoms!

I hope this is nothing Hun, just a minor blip but I know how scary it is, I had 2mc before our rainbow came along, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop a mc happening. Try and hang in there and let us know how you are doing xxxxxxx massive loves xxx

Cc
was going to write pretty much the same as purps. Keep resting up and as stupid as it sounds try not to worry although I know thats impossible. When r u back? Sending u big big hugs.xx

Dash have posted in ur journal. Thinking of u.xx

This one is for anyone who wants to play the symptom spotting game!

Am 10dpo. Since 8dpo have had a raging thirst. Can't get no satisfaction in a water sense! Whaddya reckon? Am pretty sure that this isn't in my head!
Happy easter everyone.x

This one is for anyone who wants to play the symptom spotting game!

Am 10dpo. Since 8dpo have had a raging thirst. Can't get no satisfaction in a water sense! Whaddya reckon? Am pretty sure that this isn't in my head!
Happy easter everyone.x

Ness that sounds promising! I'm keeping it all crossed for you! :hugs::hugs::hugs: hope you caught an Easter eggy!

Update
Hi Ladies I don't really know what to think, I started bleeding again yesterday but not heavy, I was OK with that but then had a clot, again not big about 3mm but that really scared me. I'm in a strange city in a strange country, half way across the world and apart from DH who is out all day I'm alone. I'm not having cramps, a few twinges but had them right from the beginning. I'm spending the day in bed as this seems to slow the bleeding but I would be grateful for any advice. I would have been on AF at the moment and I know a lot of ladies bleed at the time AF is due, so I'm holding on to that.

Chicken - I'm not in the 'wait and see camp'. There are EXCELLENT western-standard hospitals in Malaysia so don't hesitate if you need to....many of their doctors are Australian and British trained. If you bought travel insurance that covers you for pregnancy-related stuff then you shouldn't have a huge bill. Travel insurers have medical staff on duty 24/7, you can ring your insurer reverse charges and talk to a nurse and ask their advice and, if necessary, get a hospital recommendation. Seriously, this is my daily work CC - advising people that travel overseas and develop health or other problems while the are away. It is MUCH better to be safe than sorry. Just go honey xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->