TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hello everyone,

I was here before but did a disappearing act because I was busy training for a marathon in Paris.
Well, I finally done it at the weekend and so glad to get back to normality and to TTC.
Unfortunately, due to lack of funds we are unable to do IVF again so I am really clinging on the hope of having a miracle.

Welcome back Irish eyes. Congrats on running a marathon!

Hi small helen and welcome tiger77. Hope u get ur bfp straight away. Symptom spotting can be a minefield!!

Doorbell good luck with the ivf.

Afm last couple of days of hols. This round of clomid is giving me severe back ache which makes the bding slightly tricky!

Did anyone hear back from moondust? Was thinking about her the other day.

Kismet how lovely that u saw dashka. Give her my best when u see her again.

Hi and big buckets of baby dust to everyone.

Especially big hugs to cc and pebs.

Love vxx

Maddy thats so exciting! Thinking lots of eggie thoughts for next weekend.x

Hi All! :hi:

Thanks so much for the support in the past few days. I really needed it! You ladies are just the best. :hugs: :friends: :kiss: Feeling much better now, although I’m in the boring waiting-to-O phase. :coffee: AF FINALLY came last night (16 dpo!), but since it was expected it wasn’t upsetting. Usually by CD2, my hormones level off and I don’t feel quite as morose as the last few pre-AF days. Sigh. Aren’t the hormones of TTC fun!? I did learn a lot about how my body reacts to progesterone supps last month, so hopefully I’ll be prepared for the next round. If you look at my chart you would probably swear it was a BFP month, expect for that pesky negative blood test!

I really like all the ideas about observing the EDD somehow. I think I might plant something special. Not sure what yet. It’s possible that OH and I will be so disorganized that we won’t get all our raspberry plants in the ground until about then :haha: , so I may do that intentionally and say that the raspberry bed is a little memorial garden. Or maybe I’ll buy a special tree or something, paint or buy a little rock or sculpture that somehow symbolizes the lost wee one, and try to let it go there. Ness, what did you plant? It’s weird to me to celebrate the little life, since it was so short that it hardly even seems to count. I never saw an u/s or anything, so all it ever was for me was two little lines….and then the ectopic mass that required chemotherapy to destroy. :nope:

Ness, I never heard anything from Moon. I really hope she’s alright. It occurred to me that we’d never know if she’d had a car wreck or something, but I guess that’s not the most likely explanation. I hope she comes back when she’s able to tell us she’s okay.

Door, let us know your IVF schedule when you get an idea of it. We’ll all want to participate vicariously! :dust:

Has anyone heard from Jenny?

Welcome, tiger, and good luck to you!

Hi, Small! Hope you caught the egg! :dust: :dust:

Irish, good to see you! :hugs: Sorry about the IVF funds. I wish it weren’t so bloody expensive! :nope: I hope you get your miracle! :hugs: :dust:

Super excited for you, Maddy!

Big hugs and dust to you all! Sorry for anyone I’ve missed?!

:hugs: :kiss: :hugs: :kiss:

Hi Pebble, so pleased to see you are feeling better. We marked our loss yesterday (one week) with an evening out (cinema and dinner) and then let off sky lanterns once it got dark. Which was really nice. As we now have photos to tell the whole story. (Oddly DH took a photo of me cooking dinner the night we conceived, we have pictures of the BFP and now we have pictures of saying goodbye)
The nicest thing about yesterday was that I received a parcel through the post which contained a beautiful bangle engraved with 'happiness comes to those who smile' and it also had an angel charm on it. I have no idea who sent it and all of my friends and family are saying it isn't them, which is really odd. But who ever it was it did make me smile and I'm very grateful.

Pebs we planted hyacinths which have grown well but noy many flowers yet. Going to transplant it into the garden when we move.

Cc what a lovely bracelet. We looked at lanterns today. Sounds beautiful.xx

Ness, really recommend them they look so beautiful when they are floating away. Just make sure you get the wire free, we have a friend who is a farmer and he said that the ones with wire in them get chopped up in the farm machinery and can end up in the animal feed. Which obviously isn't good for the animals.

Well I guess I was lucky the last two cycles with the clomid cos today I enjoyed the full clomid rage!! Lost the plot when my computer updated itself and I lost the school work I'd been doing. Full on punching the walls screaming fit. It was scary just couldn't control myself or calm myself down. Not as scary as it was for the boyf!

Am in a lot of pain in my back and pelvis. Had a hot water bottle on most of the eve. Hoping I ov tom cos can't take it much more.

On a good note I've been wanting a writing desk/bureau for the new house and I found a really lovely shabby chic type one today and paid for it using money from a ppi compensation cheque!

Hi ladies just been catching up on the thread. I haven't suffered a mc, but the laterns sounds such a lovely idea for those that have.

Chicken - I hope you find out who sent you the bracelet - what a lovely gift.

Nessaw - I've also just received a ppi compensation cheque - I'm so pleased, I didn't think I would get anything back, so it's a real bonus. Not sure what I'm going to spend it on yet though.

Irish - well done for the Paris marathon, but sorry you don't have the funds for ivf - fx for you.

Lots of :dust: to you all x

Irish Eyes - well done on your marathon, I couldnt run any further than 100 metres without huffing and puffing :dohh:

Pebble, so glad you sound a bit brighter, I love your raspberry bed idea, I hope you find some peace from whatever you decide to do :hugs:

Ness, same to you. Them lanterns are beautiful, I think it would be really poignant watching them float off into the sky.
And yay for the PPI payment buying your new desk, what a bonus :thumbup:

Stirrup, glad you got a cheque too, so nice to get something back from the (b)ankers :haha: sure you have plenty of ideas what you want to spend it on.

Chicken, how lovely about the bracelet. Someone you know is very very thoughtful. And I really hope happiness does come your way.

Maddy, hope your follies are getting riper and riper :thumbup:

Thinking of Dash too and hope she is finding some strength at this time.

AFM, same old, still on BCP, finish them tomorrow, then start stimming once AF shows up.

Had a bad day yesterday-we were out walking the dog when we met a lady with her little girl coming the other way. She looked up and said "Mummy" and asked her some random question. My reaction took me by surprise, I burst into tears (not for everyone to see, I did manage to control it somewhat :blush:).My first thought was, I probably wont ever get to hear that word from a little being and it filled me with a huge sadness :cry:

Sorry for the me me post ladies. Hope you all enjoy whats left of the weekend.

Oh is it Sunday AGAIN :wacko: where'd the weekend go???

Ness ... oww the hormonal-Clomid rage, amazing. I'm imagining a combination of :hissy::devil::brat:](*,)

Pebble ... I think an EDD marker is a beautiful idea :thumbup: I didnt do anything to remember ours, I deliberately rushed through it in a blur of work and denial :cry: which I don't recommend.

Kismet ... so great you met Dash, thank you :kiss:

CC ... the sky lanterns made me tear up :sad2: what a lovely thing to do together. And the bangle sounds lovely.

IrishEyes ... a marathon =D> have you always been a runner or did TTC drive you to it :haha: I'm a beginner-runner and don't love it, but like it enough to keep trying! IVF $$ sucks.

Doorbell ... sorry about the teary mum-daughter experience :hugs: How was the rest of your weekend?

Tiger ... :hi: welcome...feel free to overshare and use lots of smilies in your posts :flower:

Lils ... :hug: are you sick? Hope you feel better soon...

SmallHelen, DrH, LadyH, StirrupQueen, NeverSayNever, Twiggers, Purps and everyone else... :kiss::kiss::kiss:

AFM....still stimming, no side effects. First blood test Tuesday and scan on Friday. ER sometime in the week of 22 April, so still some ways off....

Thanks for the warm welcome,ladies :). Well i feel dreadful this morning,been suffering with a very stuffy and runny nose,with lots of sneezing,since friday afternoon,and also (sorry TMI) during the night i was very wet downstairs and when i wiped after going to the toilet this morning,there was a couple of small red streaks on the toilet paper,this is not the norm for me!
I am off back to bed for a nap,only 10.30am!

Thanks for the warm welcome,ladies :). Well i feel dreadful this morning,been suffering with a very stuffy and runny nose,with lots of sneezing,since friday afternoon,and also (sorry TMI) during the night i was very wet downstairs and when i wiped after going to the toilet this morning,there was a couple of small red streaks on the toilet paper,this is not the norm for me!
I am off back to bed for a nap,only 10.30am!

Apologies that my post has come up twice,been having problems submitting,didn't realise :blush:

Had a bad day yesterday-we were out walking the dog when we met a lady with her little girl coming the other way. She looked up and said "Mummy" and asked her some random question. My reaction took me by surprise, I burst into tears (not for everyone to see, I did manage to control it somewhat :blush:).My first thought was, I probably wont ever get to hear that word from a little being and it filled me with a huge sadness :cry:

Sorry for the me me post ladies. Hope you all enjoy whats left of the weekend.

Funny how things catch us off guard. I'm sorry that you got upset-it's the 'normal' things like this that others take for granted, that are the worst. If only people knew. But, who's to say that this cycle won't work for you and that little girl will be yours one day, looking up to ask you a question? Keep the faith, lovely, and good luck! I shal be rooting for you! :thumbup::thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs:

CC-did you ever find out where the bracelet came from? What an amazing story! How are you feeling lovely? :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks everyone for the well wish for the doing the marathon. It definitely was an experience.

Nessaw, good luck with this round of Clomid

Maddy, I took up running two years ago and it was more to get fit and lose a bit of weight when I gave up smoking. However, I decided to do the marathon straight after my failed IVF cycle. I thought it would help me through the “I could have been pregnant” now stage especially since my sister-in-law announced her pregnancy during my TWW. I have to say it definitely helped but now it’s over I am getting those anxious feelings again that I will never be pregnant but I know if I go and sign up for another marathon, a miracle will never happen with all that intense training.

Good luck with the stimming. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"