TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dwrgi, No still no idea, so I guess who ever it was just wanted me to accept it with a smile. So I'm not wearing it and will do for some time, I figured this was the best was to say thank you. It so beautiful and the sentiment lovely.

door - thinking about you! Good luck - stimming must start any day now, right? :hugs:

maddy - how did the blood test go? Everything on track? Good luck on Friday. I hope they find lots of nice looking follies :flower:

tiger - welcome! :flower: Is that your cat in the avatar? He is beautiful!

irish - Wow, congratulations on running the marathon! That's so impressive!

chicken - what a wonderful and sweet idea to send you that bracelet! What a great person! :flower:

dwirgi - :hi:

Lots of love and hugs to all you lovely ladies :kiss::hugs:

Hi Miss Owl :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss: How are you? What are you up to, hun?

Thanks for asking about my E2 levels. They were pretty crap :growlmad: (only 600 after 7 days of a high dose of stims) so just gotta keep jabbing!

Hi Owl, how are you doing?

Thanks for asking. My stimming has been put on hold for another 10 days. Dwrgi kindly posted a link on her journal that got me thinking:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9...treatment.html

Its about scratching the womb before the IVF cycle to aid with implantation. So I went and had it done today, figured I may as well throw everything at it that I can :thumbup: Just means my cycle has been put back a bit.

:hi:to everyone else

Its about scratching the womb before the IVF cycle to aid with implantation. So I went and had it done today, figured I may as well throw everything at it that I can :thumbup: Just means my cycle has been put back a bit.

Yes, good idea! My new RE suggested the same before doing FET. I would have done it before IVF but I didn't even know about it. How was it? Did they knock you out for the procedure? Are you feeling ok? :hugs:

Hi Owl, how are you doing?

Thanks for asking. My stimming has been put on hold for another 10 days. Dwrgi kindly posted a link on her journal that got me thinking:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9...treatment.html

:hi:to everyone else

What was it like? Was it painful??? :shrug: Hope it wasn't too bad! And now the waiting to start stimms starts again....:nope::nope: Big :hugs::hugs:

Owl-lovely to 'see' you! How are you lovely??? :hugs::hugs:

Love to everybody!

:hugs::hugs:

Hi lovelies

Door so pleased you were the inaugural scratcher! Can't wait to see what happens this cycle!!!

Maddy - go oestrogen go. I hope your levels improve. Good luck for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicken... I am so pleased you have a guardian angel.... how lovely.

Welcome tiger 77...

My friends little girl just had heart surgery today.. She did well and life is good! hopefully she will be up to visitors soon.

How is everyone else???

The scratch was really painful. :cry: Not sure if its just me being a bit of a jessy but I nearly :sick: afterwards too, not a good morning!
On the bright side, it only lasts less than a minute once they are through your cervix :thumbup:and thats the only painful part when the "scratching" starts

Felt as right as rain last night. Cramps for about 2 hours after the procedure, then back to normal. Glad I had it done anyway, its worth a try. Just need a good embryo now :wacko: :thumbup:

DrH, glad your friends little girl is ok.

Hows everyone else doing?

Chicken, that is sooooooooooo cool about the bracelet! :cry: What a wonderful anonymous gesture! I sometimes wish more people in my real life know about the m/c. My darling OH brought me flowers, which I saved, but he can be a bit thick so, I kid you not, he brought me Baby’s Breath. :haha: Even at the time I was amused. He was horrified when I told him. Anyway, the point is that I saved them and put them in a nice vase. It’s a sweet little token. :cry: How are you feeling these days?? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ness, OMG, about the clomid rage! :shock: I hope those don’t happen often! That said, I do think we LTTC ladies (Do I qualify now, at the year mark? Sorry to presume, if not) are ENTITLED to some f**ing rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr: :grr: :grr: I know your cycle is super quick, but I don’t know where you are in it. Have you O’ed yet? :dust: Btw, what is ppi compensation?

Mirium, good to see you around again! :hugs: Are you actively TTC again?

Door, it’s fabulous that you did the scratch! :yipee: Sorry it was uncomfortable. And sorry about the little one encounter. As I said on another journal, I just avoid all contact with kids. And parents. And pregnant women. I don’t make eye contact, and I’ll go out of my way to avoid them in grocery stores and so forth. It’s the moments when they catch you off guard that are so painful. :hugs: I think you said two weeks of BC? Not too long!

Maddy, you’re still stimming right? Get lots of rest! Can’t wait to hear about your scan! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Irish, we in the US are thinking lots of you marathoners these days. :hugs: It just seems to me the oddest terrorist target. :nope: I too run a teeny bit—badly, slowly, and not very long. I didn’t start running until my 30s, and I smoked for 15 years, so my cardiovascular capacity is unimpressive. I agree--I don’t think marathon training and TTC go together at all!

Owl, how’s our little hooter doing? :hugs: Hope you’re getting in lots of sushi and hot tubs before FET! Oh, and tons of :wine: !!

DrH, glad your friends LO is good! How’s the jabbing going? :hugs:

Big hugs to anyone I’ve missed. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nothing doin’ here. Just back from my trip, so I’m behind on all of life. And very groggy from travels, which makes it hard to catch up. I’ve got about 10 days til O, and this month will just be a trying-as-usual month. OH kinda messed up his SA. He didn’t know you have to schedule it a week in advance, so he called when he was getting ready to (ahem) produce a sample ( :haha: ) but they said they couldn’t take it until next week. By then we’ll be in full-on SMEP, so I think it has to wait. I would be miffed, but since we got a BFP before, I don’t think he’s the problem, :nope: so the SA doesn’t seem urgent.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day! For the northern hemisphere-dwellers, has spring sprung where you are? It just recently arrived to NYS! :happydance: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Oh Pebble, I'm sorry but that did make me laugh. Your poor DH I'm sure his intentions were nothing but good. I'm glad you are home safe, I hate jet lag I hope you feel more like yourself soon. As for DH SA I would wait, my DH fell right in our window too but he had no choice but go and it really messed up that month.

As for the weather it is much warmer here but still windy and raining......

Ladies I have a bit of a dilemma. As a teacher and with the present measles outbreak in south wales my mum calked last night and told me I hadn't had the measles vaccine as a baby. I had the mumps one and rubella as a teenager. So I called the gp for advice which is I should have the mmr jab which is 2 injections a month apart which isn't a prob but I would then have to wait 3 months before ttc as its a live vaccine. I know that I really shd have it but at my age 4
months out is a lot. We have the fs appt 8th may so will see what she thinks. What do u reckon?

Pebs ppi is an insurance that was added to loans and credit cards and it turns out wasn't needed or was too much. A lot of uk people are claiming the money back. I hope I explained that right.

Afm am not poas or counting days this month so absolutely totally completely definately don't know that I 'm 4 dpo today!

Nessaw that is a dilemma. The outbreak is still isolated to Wales I think. But when you do get pregnant and if it spreads outside of Wales that leaves you worrying. I agree maybe see what FS says. Sorry I can't be more help.:shrug:

Doorbell I'm sure the discomfort of scratching is worth it, hope you feel ok now.:hugs:

Hi to everyone else :hugs: thought we were about due some
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Ness I know it is 4 months and i totally agree but the risks to you and your baby if you do get a BFP are huge. I would go for it, the worry otherwise for me would be too much. But you need to do what is best for you honey XXX

Ness, oof, that's a tough one! I guess I'd see what your FS has to say, too. Hope you can get it worked out!!

:hugs: :hugs:

Ooh Ness, that's a tough question. Can you ask your FS to test your immunity :shrug: Some children get a really mild case of measles and it presents like a cold. So you might have actually had them and developed immunity as a child. (We had to do the blood test for immunity because my records were destroyed in a bushfire when I was a child, and in DH's country childhood vaccinations were rarely administered.) :hugs::kiss:

AFM....scan today, I'm now officially a 'slow responder' and it's marked on my file :nope: Back to stimming. I've written more on my journal - I didn't want to fill up a whole post here with my ranting :growlmad::haha:

I agree with Chicken-too big a risk to leave it! Can you telephone and ask to speak to your FS before your appointment? I think the outbreak will likely spread, but I'm no medical expert tho!

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

We are on stand by (the NHS) are ready for it to spread big time. Of cause they are not always right but........
Hope you get some answers soon XXX

So, this is an outbreak due to people not vaccinating their children? :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back