TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Plus the number of children in my school who are new in the country without known vaccinations is high.

My fs is only at my clinic on a wed so will try and speak to her next week. I agree dwrgi
it will def spread. At present am thinking if not pg this month I will go for the first injection before fs appt cos the sooner I get it the sooner the four months will be up. I heard on the radio that the first injection gives you 90% immunity and the second takes it up to 95%.
Maddy hopefully the fs might suggest testing for immunity. I hadn't thought of that. Fingers crossed. Will pop over to ur journal.

And the big if-if I am pg this month its going to be a huge worry. Big if!

Ness, at least you are being proactive about it. I'm with Pebble on the :grr::gun: for those that don't vaccinate their children, especially if the parents speak enough English to negotiate the health system. I do feel sorry for migrants - heck I speak English and it was still a huge palaver to get my kids on a "catch-up schedule" when they first arrived in Australia. For a non-English speaker I can imagine it must be nearly impossible. :shrug:

Got another ppi chq this morning for nearly 300 squid. Cheered me right up!!

That's good Ness. I work for a financial services co and the PPI thing is a nightmare. people get pay outs that were not mis-sold products and we've lost so many staff through redundancies. It's a difficult time really. However if money is out there to be gained...go for it! Those PPI calls I get get short shrift from me though.

Chicken what a pita!

Ladyh I hadn't realised the other side. Feel a bit guilty.

Don't be daft! Claim away Babe you are entitled to it!

Kismet popped in on her journal a couple days ago. She's good. Gone back to NTNP, and taking it easy. :coolio:

In other news, Pad has welcomed Leo to the world! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: I don't know much aside from that. :shrug:

Hi lovelies

Sorry about the drive shaft chicken!!!

Lady soon soon soon!

Ness thanks for kismet update, sounds like ntnp is a good space to be in.

Maddy I am thinking eggy thoughts for you! Go follies go!!!!! May you be blessed with a bakers dozen!!!!!!

A - so pleased you are music positive. Next you know gasp what spotify is!!!!!!!!

And for me, one insulin shot down 78 to go. Hoping I can stay off four times a day. Grrrr.

Ness I'm thinking the measles outbreak is a big deal for you if you are around the great unwashed geeky germy classroom with questionable exclusions from school. They are most contagious with fever and flu sx, once the rash is there its too late :(

Exactly drh exactly!!

We completed on boyfs house up north this afternoon. Ready to transfer deposit for down here asap. Been out for celebratory meal with a few school night fizzt pops!!

And for me, one insulin shot down 78 to go. Hoping I can stay off four times a day. Grrrr.

My goodness, all that for the tiniest of testing margins :wacko: Tell me, are you into sensible shoes yet :haha:

Thats great about your new house Ness, getting exciting!! Hope all falls into place for you.

Maddy, egg retrieval Friday, wowee's, that seems to have flown! Hope you get some good eggs in there. It only takes one! :flower:

Chicken, thinking of you, hope you're being very kind to yourself.

Lady H,
not sure if I missed an update about Boo? Hope all is exactly as it should be :flower:

:hi:to all the other lovely ladies

Hi Maddie, Low kitten heels.. you would be proud. Not sure I can do homypeds quite yet!!!!! five is a lovely number. am crossing fingers that 5 stays five.

Congrats ness regarding the completion, a big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi doorbell - hope you are well!!!!!!!!!!!

maddy - oh how exciting! Egg retrieval on Friday :happydance: Good luck! I hope they'll find a big basket full of good quality eggs! Can't wait to hear about it :hugs:

afm - I really, really, really enjoy not TTC at the moment. Just enjoying normal life without injections, medications, Dr. appointments, POAS - it almost feels like a vacation :winkwink: Having plenty of sushi, :wine: and :beer:
Emotionally, I think I'm still not over my failed IVF. I'm totally fine until my friends (who all have babies) ask me with that pity tone how I was "feeling" about it. Then I just get sooo angry at them. I know they mean well, but I just don't want to talk about it with them. Hubby and I will go see a counselor on Monday and see if that is something that might help me/us to deal with it.
We did go to an adoption information meeting which was very informative but at the same time a little discouraging. So many things to figure out. Open vs closed adoption, domestic vs international, infant vs toddler, are we ready to do this - we just don't know. So much to think about and it's all very overwhelming.

Hope all you lovely ladies are having a wonderful week :hugs::kiss:

Owl thanks for asking about me hun :hugs: Feeling okay but was quite emotional yesterday - very unlike me to be teary and down.

Now more importantly...YOU!!! I think the counsellor is a brilliant idea. I think it's helpful to have an independent person just listen and help connect-the-dots a little sometimes. I hope the person is approachable and easy for you to open up to.

I hope you're okay that I'm going to repost some of my thoughts about adoption below, that I wrote to Kismet a few days back. Since you've been to the information session I doubt any of it will be news to you but anyway. FWIW I will put it in a spoiler and you totally don't have to read it if you are not ready. I know it's not for everyone and is especially hard to think about for those that are TTC and focused on a LO with their own DNA.

To be honest a break from TTC sounds brilliant to me right now. Especially the :wine: :winkwink::haha::haha::haha::haha:

as an adoptive mother I totally support anyone that wants to try. However - I won't sugarcoat it - the process is very harrowing. Like I am finding the emotional side of TTC process relatively easy compared to adoption. All those thoughts and feelings about parenting and children that you've expressed here, or held dear to your heart? You literally have to write them down and talk about them all in great detail with the adoption worker. And so does your partner - in many ways some of this is sooo much harder for the men because these will often be things they have never even articulated before. The social workers will ask for the most intimate details of every aspect of your life. NOTHING is sacred. And then you wait...and wait....and wait. Well at least in intercountry adoption you wait a long time. I'm not sure about domestic adoption where you are.

And you think you have no control over the TTC process? Adoption is just as bad, if not worse, because everything is controlled by people (rather than biological factors). So HUMANS are responsible for the delays, the process going slowly, mistakes being made. It's soooo frustrating!

That said, I would never discourage anyone from adopting. It is the most challenging thing I have ever done and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. My children are my life and they are absolutely, totally the best things that EVER happened to me And I'm sooooo excited that someone I "know" is thinking about going down this path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->