TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Had my jab but cried when the nurse asked if there was any chance I was pg! Poor woman didn't know what she was opening up with that one! We have the keys. Just waiting for boyf to finish work. I have a day off as my school is a polling station.x

Pebble, so sorry you're having a crappy time, I feel your pain on the friends announcements, there are little ones popping out left right and centre out of my circle of friends.Good idea to go and speak to the counsellor, you're half way there knowing you like her already :thumbup:

I'm not to sure how or where to post my schedule :wacko:
I havent even worked out how to quote someone in a post yet. :dohh:

Ness, congratulations on getting your house keys, nice to have something else to concentrate on for a while. I hope your new home is full of happiness :flower:

Maddy, hope your little one is coming along nicely [-o<

Had my jab but cried when the nurse asked if there was any chance I was pg! Poor woman didn't know what she was opening up with that one! .x

So sorry....its something of a double whammy when that happens, first the jab, then crying in front of someone....

afm--I still feel like I'm living a secret life--TTC and not telling people. I just don't want the prying eyes. Are y'all "out" about TTC?

Had my jab but cried when the nurse asked if there was any chance I was pg! Poor woman didn't know what she was opening up with that one! .x

So sorry....its something of a double whammy when that happens, first the jab, then crying in front of someone....

afm--I still feel like I'm living a secret life--TTC and not telling people. I just don't want the prying eyes. Are y'all "out" about TTC?

We've told very few people, which is part of why this forum is such a god-send for me. Of course, it also means that people in our lives are occasionally unwittingly insensitive (like my friend's recent twins announcement :cry:), which stings, but it feels less bad than having people asking us all the time how it's going. Or giving obnoxious advice. Or saying stupid stuff about things being "meant to be." Only 3 IRL friends know: one lesbian friend had 4 failed IUIs, so has given up unless she ever gets insurance that covers IVF; one friend who took 1.5 years and 3 IVF cycles to get her daughter; and another friend who had 2 mcs before she adopted her daughter from China. I really only wanted to share with people who would understand how difficult it can be. All parents were told about the mc in the fall, and it was fairly disastrous, so we don't talk to them about it anymore. God only knows how many people my mom told, so I'm sure others know that I'm not listing here.

We've told everyone - after nearly 4 years I got sick of people being insensitive - now at least if they're d**ks I can tell them they're d**ks!!

I'm with you there Twinkle.
But i had the most insensitive comment ever today, A phone call from my MW wanting to know why I didn't turn up for my scan last week WTF......

I'm with you there Twinkle.
But i had the most insensitive comment ever today, A phone call from my MW wanting to know why I didn't turn up for my scan last week WTF......

OMFG. :shock: :shock: :shock: There's NO excuse for that!!!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Big hugs again cc. As I said on fb its just unbelievable that the nhs can't manage the most basic of communication.

Pebs I complete agree with what u said about vaccinations. If I cd trust that even half of my class had been done then I wouldn't worry so much. My mum doesn't know how much time this is costing us in ttc time. No point upsetting her. To be fair in the 70s when I shd have been done the measles jab was linked to causing excema-sonething to do with the culture being griwn on albumen. I don't know the exact details. My older bro has excema so my mum didn't vaccinate any of us for measles. Had the mumps one and rubella tho but cos the only do the combined one now had to go whole hog. Am feeling relatively calm about
it buyt think thats cos a lot of my stress over the last few months has been caused by getting af then having to take the clomid the next day. Have stopped all supplements but am going to restart the folic acid this weekend.

CHICKEN that is true true true bollocks.

Twinks - you are wise to have called a spade a spade. You are helping IF gals everywhere.

Paddle - Hi, yes we were out.
I was lucky to fall within 4/12 but I only have 2.5 eggs left so still feel like an infertile/childless woman although I am lucky and pregnant. Everyone has a different story though and there is a range of ways of managing the "are you trying or are you really TRYING" conversations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF has been a hard hard journey for many women on here. This thread because of the most wonderful "long timers" still being very active has a few conventions that we try to adhere to as a group - as we are group of heterogenous people with respect to our fertility but all are very sensitive to other's needs. (I mean that we have a range from people who got preggers in month one to others have been trying for 10 years) Due to the variation this means there are some conventions that we generally try to observe e.g spoiling preggers talk/siggies and generally our conversations are about a few/many peoples news rather than a personal update about one's own fertility only. This is only a convention, but I'm sure newbies would not wish to unintentionally hurt others and newbies are welcomed to TTC 35+ with open arms. I'm reasonably new myself - having only been a poster here since June 2012!!!

Maddy - am crossing fingers toes and legs for you... Can't beleive you are PUPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twinks - sorry you missed the fly by - can arrange to put it back if you want me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's the cider going down???

Dwrgi - need a picnic update - how was it?? Are you still running huskymarathons you sporty spice you???

Lils - hows goes the handover prep - mine is far far from done.

Ness - sorry about the jab hon, twas the right thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Door am thinking about your protein diet - are you trying Lils eggathon too??

BABY dust ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AFM
Four times a day jabbing with insulin coming my way. Bugger.

Growth scan monday - will upload now not technophobe if I can remember how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr H-good luck for growth scan! Will look forward to the update! I shall tell you what I ate in the picnic, in 53 days!!! Don't want to make you green!! :winkwink: But, it was lovely! Hope you have a lovely weekend planned! Big :hugs::hugs::kiss:

CC-you know my thoughts. There is just no excuse. If you're ready, give 'em hell!!! :grr::grr::grr::hugs:

Ness-this is a huge worry for you lovely, but you have done the right thing. And how marvellous to have a break from all things TTC! :thumbup:

Doorbell-day 4, ay?? How's it going??? Am willing those follies to grow! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi everybody!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Chicken--I'm so sorry. THat is without excuse. I'm with the others and saying "club 'em".

Drhouse--thanks. I needed that lesson. Lots to learn. Good luck!

Good luck and baby dust ladies.

Yay for a three-day weekend! Have all the UK ladies got something nice planned for the bank holiday?

PaddleGal - Hi! :hi: Welcome to the best thread on the forum.
On the TTC issue, we're not 'out'. The only people who know apart from us are my boss (who has had TTC problems herself, and is being very supportive) and one other colleague. So I find BnB great for asking questions and venting.

CC - :nope: b****y NHS. If you could face making a complaint, it might stop it happening to someone else.

Drhouse - ooooooo exciting. Let us know how it goes.

Ness - I sometimes worry about the bugs and viruses that the little darlings bring into school, especially as parents don't always let you know. It's always got to be better to be safe than sorry. Take the time to relax and not stress about temps and timing.

Maddy - sending positive sticky vibes your way. :hugs:

Dwrgi, Lils, Doorbell, Pebble, Twinkle and everyone else - may this week give you everything you need or hope for.:flower:

AFM - bit of a strange one at the moment. Last cycle had spotting 7 and 8 DPO, which looked a bit like implantation spotting (not that I've has it before, so I'm just going from what I read). Then it stopped, so I felt really quite positive, especially as I had sore bbs from 1 DPO, a dip in temp, and an aching ovary, like it was working really hard doing something (?!?). But then, after one clear day, AF started. Was a bit gutted, but as I hadn't even got to doing a test, I'll never know what was actually going on. I'm just hoping it was a step forward towards a BFP. I've started acupuncture, which might also make a difference. Am currently CD 12, expected to ov next week, so I've just got to keep my fingers crossed again, stay relaxed (hah!), and get busy!:haha:

Wow, three days with no posts here! :shock: I think that's a first since I joined! (I'm a newbie as well--September 2012.) Where did everybody go?? :shrug:

Small, sorry about the weird cycle. :hugs: I'm having weird spotting, too. :growlmad: Hope the acupuncture helps!

I'm just glad that someone had posted. I thought I had killed the thread :dohh:

Despite whatever my siggie says (stooopid FF), I am hopefully going to ov this week, so have warned DH that it will be busy time. :haha:

How is everyone doing? It's been lovely and sunny here today, which makes me smile. It's just a shame that I have to go back to work tomorrow.

smallhelen & pebs - I'm having weird spotting too - must be the month for it!

Twinks, that would be reassuring! Just some planet in retrograde or somesuch, right? :shrug:

Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Small! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->