TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

:rofl: :haha:

JJ I was asked to have a mammogram done before starting my DE IVF :thumbup: I think some clinics ask if you are over 40 and some if you are over 45. I think it is quite difficult to read a mammogram if you are too young as the breast tissue is still very dense from what I have read. :flower:

I have added the spoiler info to the thread title..... in my capacity of thread AUTHOR :winkwink:
dwrgi - :rofl:

door - good luck with your scan tomorrow. Glad it's looking good so far :hugs:

maddy - fingers crossed. Hope your little embryo is making him/herself comfortable in there :hugs:

Welcome Juniper and Briss :hi:

Hello ladies! :hugs:

Doorbell, any news?

How about the rest of you ladies? It's so quiet here.... :argh:

Hello all... I'm new to all of this so i'm not sure i'm even on the right board...i'm almost 40 and TTC our first. I had a CP started to bleed on 5/2 and had a smiley face for the last 2 days from my clear blue stick. I go back to my OB next week (not sure y he wanted to see me). But it's been helpful reading everyone's posts.

TGIF :wine::beer::drunk: ... or for those of us in the TWW ...:coffee::sleep:

JuniperJules...welcome :flower: I'm also an Aussie & currently in the TWW after our first IVF cycle through a not-for-profit clinic in Sydney. They didn't ask for a mammo but I did need both a HSG and pelvic ultrasound. Like HappyAuntie and Briss I went through IUI (3 times / 2 of which where chemical pregnancies) because DH and I were really freaked by the whole fertility assistance process. I guess it got us used to things and we've now done IVF. I've been very lucky & had almost no side effects from the medication or the egg retrieval op - now of course we feel really silly and I wish we'd done it 12 months ago :dohh:

Bash73... welcome to our mad bunch :flower:

Doorbell...how is your cycle going :flower: Are you having many side effects?

StirrupQueen...this TWW is so difficult isn't it. I've gotten heaps of little jobs done around the house though, since I don't want to be sitting and twiddling my thumbs :haha:

Dwrgi...:kiss: mwah! Bless you, you Madam Author.

Chicken...how ru feeling now :hugs2:

Ness, Pebble, Owl, DrH, Butterfly, Happy weekend ladies. Hope you can find something to smile about.

Welcome Bash, you're definately in the right place. Sorry about the CP, it sucks :nope: Hope you're stay here is short and sweet :flower:

Pebble & Maddy, no real news from me, Day 11 stimming, last scan in the morning when I wish I was :sleep: Doc thinks egg collection will be Monday, will find out for sure tomorrow :argh:
No side effects. I have done the short protocol the last 2 cycles and found I didnt really have any side effects. When I did the long, I got awful headaches and just generally didnt feel great. This protocol is a breeze :thumbup:

Maddy, when are you testing? It must be close now :flower:

Our first ever cycle of IVF (and our last EVER cycle of TTC) is now complete and I've tested:

Ladies how can I thank you enough for all the :dust:

It's a :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp:

Maddy
im so so so happy for you :happydance: i want to wish you a very happy and very health 9 months. You go girl, show us all how it is done :happydance:

Maddy
Amazing news, go girl!! Congrats to you and your DH, praying its a healthy 9 months for you :flower:

maddy
omg, omg, omg! Wonderful news! Happy and healthy 9 months for you! :happydance::hugs:

Maddy
I had a funny feeling when u described ur symptoms on ur thread that we were heading in a bfp direction! Congratulations.xx

Maddy-
this is just absolutely wonderful news! I have FBed you, but just repeating here. So delighted! Just enjoy every second and don't think of tomorrow, or next week, just one day at a time!!! Big :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Doorbell-is EC on Monday then? Are you triggering tonight? How many follies have you got? What's your womb lining like? Do you have a new nightie????????? Sorry, got carried away there! Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you and FX that this IS it!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Egg collection is Tuesday. I'm totally stressed out about it as doc said at scan yesterday morning I was ready and I should be in Monday, said he would be "very surprised if they let me go another day", after the lunchtime meeting they called and said I am in Tuesday :wacko: :shrug:
My follies are of the right size for trigger, think I had 2 or 3 over 2 and few more over 18 but I have now had another dose of stims so some may be way to big by Tuesday. I've been googling away of course :wacko: and it seems it compromised egg quality and fertilisation rates when you go on too long. Also, the large follicles start producing progesterone and your womb starts preparing for the embryo too early so your hormones are out of wack when the embryo does enter the womb. :cry:

I have a horrible feeling they are just too busy on Monday as they dont do egg collections Sundays, and I have been put on the long burner. Its my last go and I so wanted to be in with a chance. I feel like its a bust already :cry:

ps. sorry for the me me me post and I havent quite learned how to quote properly as you can see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->