TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

So, I am a few months shy of that 35 mark (SEPTEMBER BDAY), but by the time we get pregnant, I will prolly be 35. I'll for sure be that when I deliver.

This is a rant of sorts about the husband. He wants to have a baby; he has been more certain of that than anything. The thing is... he doesn't want to :sex:

It makes me pretty sad and that is my ONLY point of contention with him, but it's a big one, especially with my PCOS diagnosis a few years ago. I lost a lot of weight and it is completely under control now, but still... I know I have a little higher battle than some. And I'm gonna be 35.

We were pregnant back in January (from our honeymoon, actually) :blush: but that ended in an MMC.

:witch: just left. She only stays three days, so I'm lucky with that. No idea when I o, though.

That's where my rant factors in... how do I make a baby when he doesn't wanna have sex? Well, I mean, we do, but maybe 3 times a month. (Woohoo!)

Sorry to be such a downer. Not my personality at all! But I had to post this somewhere to get it out... :shrug:

Here's to hoping that this is a different month. We're only been trying since 09/10- 2012, but this is so frustrating.:dohh:

I so much understand you. I have the same problem with my oh. We bd so little that I need to make sure we at least time it right, and that’s what makes me so anxious. I never had this problem in my previous relationships, it was actually the other way round, I was the one making excuses . . .

My oh also wants kids but sometimes I think he missed biology lessons at school. It also makes me feel quite insecure about myself at times thinking what’s wrong with me, he hardly ever initiates intimacy with me. People say this can get only worse, does it mean in ten years we will stop completely? It is very frustrating and I even considered leaving several times but we have built so much together and well, I am 35  I don’t really have any advice for this, just saying you are not alone. We bd 3 times last month which is a good score for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This month only once so far and I can’t see anymore coming, I am tired of trying when I feel he is not really interested.

I think all this TTC also affect every man differently, my oh said he does not want to hear a word ‘ovulation’ anymore for example. To get him to do sperm analysis is also a struggle. He is just a man I need to push into everything but then I am a ‘nagger’. My friend said to me that he is ‘too chilled’ for somebody so ‘into action’. I really sympathise with you. Lots of baby dust your direction x

I so much understand you. I have the same problem with my oh. We bd so little that I need to make sure we at least time it right, and that’s what makes me so anxious. I never had this problem in my previous relationships, it was actually the other way round, I was the one making excuses . . .

Thanks for the thoughts. It's hard when you think you're the only one. I know- I'm always telling him he's lucky how much I want it. And the insecurity is not good- I have lost weight, gained weight, and nothing makes me feel better. I feel like maybe he doesn't find me attractive, but he insists this isn't true.

Yup! They need a Biology lesson for sure. And I completely feel you on the nagging thing... but, it's like, I wanna get things done. I'm 35. We do not have all the time in the world!

Thanks soooo much for taking the time to reply! :hugs:

Girls, I thought you might be interested in this thread..

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...569389-lack-intimacy-dtd-45.html#post28164971

Great bunch of girls who also have partners who usually require a bit of pushing & shoving - mentally of course!!! ; ) - to BD... For all sorts of reasons.

It does help to realise LOTS of other girls have the same kind of issues going on with their men!

Wanted to pop in and say Happy Weekend!

And.....for DrH (another errant Aussie)

GOOD LUCK ON SUNDAY

20130624_150529.jpg

Ok I think I've attached a pic of the ring. Fingers crossed!

Hiya lovelies...

Just a quick note to say that I am now a mummy after the most gorgeous boy was born yesterday. mum and baby well. Thinking of you all.

Nessaw - Love the ring!! :cloud9: And fab proposal story!!! :thumbup:

DrH - so happy for you!!! Congrats momma!!! :crib::baby:

Hiya lovelies...

Just a quick note to say that I am now a mummy after the most gorgeous boy was born yesterday. mum and baby well. Thinking of you all.

Yay!! Congrats DrH - pictures! We need pictures!!!:happydance:

Dr H
Huge congratulations to your and your fella

Ness, beaut ring, way to go girl!! Congratulations on the engagement. Let the fun begin :happydance:

I will be 37 next month and we are TTC. Just started trying but here is my question...I need to know ALL the acronyms you guys are throwing out here so I can catch on. I obviously know what TTC is but what's all the other stuff?

Born2BeAMom :hi: and welcome. Which acronyms in particular are causing you grief? It's a whole new language :winkwink:

I will be 37 next month and we are TTC. Just started trying but here is my question...I need to know ALL the acronyms you guys are throwing out here so I can catch on. I obviously know what TTC is but what's all the other stuff?

It's helpful to google one or two acronyms, and you'll find a page that lists 'em all! Then you'll be a pro in no time :)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Common-Abbreviations.html

View attachment 637071

Ok I think I've attached a pic of the ring. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your engagement! How exciting!

Any news on your TTC journey?

How about everyone else? Where are you in your cycles?

:dust:

I'm on CD8. :coffee: I took Femara from CD3-7 and then switched to injectables (Gonal F). I have a scan tomorrow to see how things are progressing. Hoping I end up with 2 or more mature follicles on this protocol, but really I'll be happy with ONE viable egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->