TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hello ladies!

I am totally new here and wanted to share this amazing news with someone other than my partner. This is week 4 into pregnancy for me and haven't even told my mum - scared to!

I was diagnosed with poly-cystic ovaries when I was 27. I never had a normal menstruation and it was concluded that I did not ovulate. Nevertheless I was on the pill to regulate my hormone levels. I am now 37 and a couple of months ago I stopped taking the pill as my hormone levels needed to be tested before my GP could refer us to the fertility clinic. To my astonishment I started having periods (albeit irregular), which would indicate ovulation. My GP held fire on the referral and recommended daily ovulation testing and 'bonking on the first day of testing positive' - her words not mine. For one month I used these little gems daily from day 11 and thought I would never get a positive result although I did get some faint lines here and there. All of a sudden on day 26 I got a clear dark test line. We did as the doctor ordered while not expecting much at all, except to have some fun. Life carried on as usual until I realised that my period hadn't arrived at the expected time.

I tested positive for pregnancy this morning :happydance:

Hello ladies!

I am totally new here and wanted to share this amazing news with someone other than my partner. This is week 4 into pregnancy for me and haven't even told my mum - scared to!

I was diagnosed with poly-cystic ovaries when I was 27. I never had a normal menstruation and it was concluded that I did not ovulate. Nevertheless I was on the pill to regulate my hormone levels. I am now 37 and a couple of months ago I stopped taking the pill as my hormone levels needed to be tested before my GP could refer us to the fertility clinic. To my astonishment I started having periods (albeit irregular), which would indicate ovulation. My GP held fire on the referral and recommended daily ovulation testing and 'bonking on the first day of testing positive' - her words not mine. For one month I used these little gems daily from day 11 and thought I would never get a positive result although I did get some faint lines here and there. All of a sudden on day 26 I got a clear dark test line. We did as the doctor ordered while not expecting much at all, except to have some fun. Life carried on as usual until I realised that my period hadn't arrived at the expected time.

I tested positive for pregnancy this morning :happydance:

Wahooo:happydance::happydance::happydance: how exciting for you :) bet your in shock lol.....:haha:happy and healthy 9 months to you xxx

Da1sy much as I am delighted with your news, with all due respect did you read the title? Also coming on to a ttc thread without interacting with people first just to announce your pregnancy is let's just say a bit tactless.

I wish you all the best but please be thoughtful to others before you post in future. There are ladies here who have been trying to get pregnant for years. :flower:

Well said Butterfly. Respect and thought for others and care for each other is the name of the game here!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not sure if I'm over thinking this, but do you guys think it's weird that I've had NO cramping at all since I had my IUI? I've had 5 previous IUIs, so I know that cramping for me is normal from the day of IUI to about 6 days (sometimes longer). In fact, last IUI, the cramping and back pain was so consistant that I was rather sick and tired of it.

Now I suppose it could be because I did a combo of Femara and injectables, but I have used both before, too. I don't know. I guess my fear is that somehow, even with three mature follicles and the trigger shot, I never ovulated. Do you think it's possible that my body reacted differently this time and all is actually ok? Not having cramping has helped me not think about it and be zen so far...until I realized that I "should" be cramping. :wacko: I can't win! :haha:

Hi everyone... Can I join? I'm 37 and have been trying for 3 years. Weddi get a bfp last November, but ended in mc...

Kat S. if your other IUI's have not been successful than maybe the lack of cramps is a good things. I've always heard than anything not normal is a good sign

Kat - Yes my thought is that it's definitely possible that your body reacted differently, and hopefully in a very good way! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Hi there, i did not mean to be inconsiderate or disrespectful in any way. I am new to pregnancy fora and the abbreviations and thought this was a thread for over 35's with first pregnancy. I had no idea what TTC meant. I wish you ladies all the best of luck and will move on to another thread. X x

Hi there, i did not mean to be inconsiderate or disrespectful in any way. I am new to pregnancy fora and the abbreviations and thought this was a thread for over 35's with first pregnancy. I had no idea what TTC meant. I wish you ladies all the best of luck and will move on to another thread. X x

Congrats Daisy on ur lovely news. Your not the first person to have accidentally written something without realising the usual protocol being used in the thread, & u won't be the last. Unfortunately it's easily done. I did it myself when I was new to the forum, obviously with no harm intended. i had no idea what a spoiler was until someone pointed out that i shouldve used one. Im certain no one in here would want to make you feel inconsiderate for simply making an honest mistake or not being familiar with a particular threads rules.

Enjoy ur news ; )

Hi JJ :hi:

Bear in mind that this thread is in the 'trying to conceive over 35' section and that here are 3 sticky posts at the top of the section, one in particular about pregnancy announcements within this section. :winkwink:

Da1sy I really do wish you all the best. Pregnancy is a very emotive thing which is why BnB lay out lots of info for new joiners to the boards :hugs:

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more. It's a shame this thread has gone a bit quiet these days, it has been such a great thread for a lot of people.

Some days I stay away from some B&B threads because despite these being TTC threads, they are full of ladies talking about their pregnancy or other children they have. I'm happy for them, but some days those conversations hurt, so I back away.

I'm only 5 dpiui today so I have nothing to report :) Spending my time tearing apart the house getting ready for our 1st yard sale. My house is a wreck from me opening every cabinet, drawer and box and pulling it all out to see what's in there to sell. Sick of the clutter and it would be nice to put money back into the nearly empty TTC account.

I go to the OBGYN today.. Hoping to get some answers. She is also a re... My insurance won't pay for anything fertility related so I'm hoping that I can get a few answers through the back door...

I go to the OBGYN today.. Hoping to get some answers. She is also a re... My insurance won't pay for anything fertility related so I'm hoping that I can get a few answers through the back door...

Hopefully she will. I think they understand our issues and know it is important to help us in what little ways they can by going around the insurance a little. :thumbup:

Wow, stop what you're doing and read this article! It's about the latest statistics for getting pregnant naturally in your late 30s, and the news is GOOD!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

I'm 41, so I wish the article had good news for me, too, but I'm getting assistance, so my odds are better than they would have been otherwise.

Hi everyone...I must admit I read here still but feel like an interloper since I'm no longer TTC. But I love to hear everyone's news and to see our progression through the TTC journey - wherever that takes us. I've learned so much here, I can't just give up the thread cold turkey :haha:

Kat...interesting article. How are you feeling now you have done a few IUI...what will your next steps be? Is your doctor happy to let you continue doing IUI indefinitely? I was under the impression that the possibility of success drops dramatically after 3 cycles? Sorry I may have missed an update in here somewhere :hugs:

Cary... hope your appointment was informative and gave you some ideas of ways forward :thumbup: Any chance you can switch insurers?

HappilyTTC, Juniper and long-termers :hi: and :kiss:

Maddy, I don't know what the statistics are for me. Wow, I hope what you said isn't true in my case :( Ugh, it's hard enough to keep my spirits up without hearing those statistics, eh? I did get pregnant on my 3rd IUI, so I feel like this is the 3rd try since then, so this feels like #3 again. We can't afford IVF. It's not covered under our insurance, so IUI is all I can do. I'll keep doing it until I either get pregnant or the insurance $ runs out.

My appointment was interesting at best... I had the usual pap done, and brought up my questions. She hadn't really dealt with someone who has had 5 days of positive OPK's... Before...my uterus is very retroverted (tipped) so that explains pain when DTD in certain positions...

They decided to do a vaginal ultra sound while I was there... They said my lining looked beautiful, but they couldn't find my right ovary... Then, they found it and dr looked at it and she made a face. Then she says to the technician... Why is she bleeding every month? (Talking about me). I asked her what was going on, but she just said let's wait for the blood tests.

So... I go next Friday for fasting blood work and then the Friday after that to meet with the dr and hopefully I will get some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->