TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

AF just arrived for me boooooooo. Hubs SA came back ok. I'm going to have to get private tests done. The hospital unbelievably muddled up my blood tests.

This month I'm going to try pre-seed, a conception hypnosis cd, blue-green algae supplements and bee pollen!

Hope everyone is ok and staying positive

Baby dust to everyone :)

Hiya lovelies...

Just a quick note to say that I am now a mummy after the most gorgeous boy was born yesterday. mum and baby well. Thinking of you all.

drhouse I am so happy for you!!!!!! :hugs:

Regarding my own journey, I thought about posting on the WTT thread, but looking at it briefly seemed like all the ladies there are in their early 20s still and I'm not sure they could understand my relief:

So technically speaking we're waiting to try to ttc first child maybe next month or month after. frankly I'm ready to ttc NOW but we just got married and dh thinks we should wait for pre-approval on a mortgage to go through first so we can start house shopping before ttc, I keep telling him it won't be overnight at my age but he's so optimistic. Anyway I just started tracking my cycles last month so when he's ready I'll be prepared and I'm super happy my BTT showed ovulation on the first cycle I tracked :D

I'm so relieved cause all the ladies in my family menopause really early I've been worried even though I'm just 36, my mom started showing symptoms of perimenopause by 35 and I read somewhere the timing has a ton to do with when one's mom had it, but I'm thinking if my cycles are still regular and I still clearly O I should be cautiously optimistic? or should I be leaning on him harder to HURRY UP?

Everything I can find to read on the internet just generally confuses me or leaves me feeling panicked. I would appreciate any guidance or opinions, as you're all more experienced at TTC then I am :help:

Hi uni tsi

I'm 36 and 7 months old :). We got married and started trying the first month - that was 6 months ago. I can understand why your hubby wants to wait but I'd just get on with it. Trouble is, you have no idea how long it will take.

Also with all my friends - it's not been the ones with irregular cycles who have had probs - it's been the ones with regular cycles.

I'd just press on with it if I were you! If hubby doesn't agree then get all the recommended vitamins and supplements and make sure you are in the best condition for when you do start.

Baby dust to you :)

wow Jazzbird we are like exactly the same age, down to the month! It would be funny if we had the same birthday lol are you a Capricorn? DH and I will have to work out some sort of compromise on this timing issue, that's for sure. I'll share your story with him and see if that changes his mind at all.... so thank you for sharing with me :friends:

Also with all my friends - it's not been the ones with irregular cycles who have had probs - it's been the ones with regular cycles.
That's sort of scary to hear, but at the same time good to know! I will start on the vitamins and supplements right away. I hadn't really thought about starting them yet but it makes a lot of sense now that you've pointed it out

edit - oops I can't seem to figure out this quote thing properly. Not sure why it didn't work right this time

Welcome uni tsi and Born2b :hi: and good luck on your journeys :flower:

Uni I would also say start as soon as you can. If it happens straight away then you will figure out a way to deal with it but chances are it will at least be a couple of months and it's best not to waste time :thumbup:

AFM
Although I have been lurking more on this thread recently as I have turned to AC to get my :baby:, I have still been reading. And as I have been on this thread for a couple of years I thought I would let you know that I just got my :bfp: using donor eggs. It's early days but fingers crossed using the eggs of a 21 year old can only be good :happydance:

Uni tsi - I'm a Scorpio - perhaps a few weeks older than you. Birthday is mid November.

I agree with butterfly - you'll make it work if it happens right away. You still have to cook it for 9 months anyway!

And congrats butterfly. Always lovely to hear success stories.

Hello ladies.
A bit quiet on here this weekend. Does anyone have any good news? Or any news at all??

BF - am still so excited for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

drhouse - :happydance: hope you are well. So happy for you.

Hello to the new ladies. :hi:

AFM - af arrived today. Another c****y short cycle, another stoopid 9 day LP. The only good thing is that I finally have a doctor's appointment this week, and I'm not leaving until she refers me for tests. Need some positive action now.

Hope the sunshine is suiting the UK ladies - let's make the most of it before it disappears again! Have a good week everyone. :flower:

butterfly - fantastic news!!! :happydance: I'm so excited for you!

I hope you are all doing well :kiss::hugs:

Just popping in to say Hi to all the new people here. This thread literally saved my life ttc. Wishing you all stacks of dust https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/cats/cat-hug-and-love-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hello ladies.
A bit quiet on here this weekend. Does anyone have any good news? Or any news at all??

BF - am still so excited for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

drhouse - :happydance: hope you are well. So happy for you.

Hello to the new ladies. :hi:

AFM - af arrived today. Another c****y short cycle, another stoopid 9 day LP. The only good thing is that I finally have a doctor's appointment this week, and I'm not leaving until she refers me for tests. Need some positive action now.

Hope the sunshine is suiting the UK ladies - let's make the most of it before it disappears again! Have a good week everyone. :flower:

I'm so sorry AF got you again :( Glad you have an appointment and hope you get your testing scheduled very soon!

Hi everyone, happy Monday.

It has been a bit quiet, but nice to see some new members :flower:

AFM
I had my 12 week scan today and everything is looking good :thumbup:

Hiya lovelies...

Just a quick note to say that I am now a mummy after the most gorgeous boy was born yesterday. mum and baby well. Thinking of you all.

Lovely DrH -
Even though we are in touch on FB & my journal, I realized didn't get to officially celebrate on 35+ so... :yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::headspin::awww::awww::awww::drunk::drunk::drunk::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::bunny::bunny::bunny::crib::crib::crib::blue::blue::blue::baby::baby::baby: i'm so happy for you!!!

Ness - bling bling - great rock chic!

Maddy -

Congrats on a great 12wk scan & passing the nuchal measurement! :happydance:

BF -

Put way more in your journal, of course but sooooo excited for you chic! :yipee::wohoo:

Welcome to all the new ladies! :flower: Like LadyH said this thread was a lifesaver for me & many BNB'rs dealing with IF & RMC. I don't know what I would have done thru all my mc's w/o these ladies & w/o them I'd never, ever have gotten this far. The ladies here are so kind, caring & knowledgeable & there are no egos or judgments. Some have gotten me on the right supplements while others have told me which tests I needed (advice coming up: never assume that you've "had all the tests" until you get a list of IF & RMC tests out there - 95% of Dr's won't test you for all of it! I have a list on my journal - 1st page in the spoiler if interested).

This info. is more precious than gold itself & they totally helped me to get a sticky BFP & to get thru my really scary weeks & milestones. DH even realizes that it wasn't only he who knocked me up that night. :sex::blush::haha: And a bonus is that now I have "friends" all over the world. :thumbup: Some that I've actually had the pleasure of meeting in person too! :friends: (that's the upside of having TTC take so long. If you are a kind & caring person yourself, you'll meet some really beautiful people here...:hugs:)

Kat - GL w/the IUI :thumbup:

Owl - When are we thinking about thawing out some snowbabies? :cold::winkwink:

Smells - give her all you got, hun :bodyb: GL :flower:

Dwrgi, Pad, LadyH, DrH (where for art thou?), Moon & everyone else :hugs: <3 :friends:

Hi everyone, happy Monday.

It has been a bit quiet, but nice to see some new members :flower:

AFM
I had my 12 week scan today and everything is looking good :thumbup:

Maddy
Congrats on the 12 week milestone! Its so nerve wracking isn't it! But lovely to see your little one for the first time! :thumbup:

Owl - When are we thinking about thawing out some snowbabies? :cold::winkwink:
:hi: Lil,
That's coming up next month! I'm on BC now, had the hysteroscopy done last week (all good) and will start lupron tomorrow. It's nice to see you! I hope you are doing well! :hugs:

Welcome to all the new ladies :hugs:

:kiss:

I'm on day 3 of my TWW. Doing fine. Not symptom spotting at all...yay me!

How are the other TWWers doing??

I'm on day 3 of my TWW. Doing fine. Not symptom spotting at all...yay me!

How are the other TWWers doing??

My system is super wacky, so no idea when I o. I might've o'ed on 7/2 or I might be o'ing today or tomorrow, which will start my TWW. I have noticed ewcm today when I used the ladies' room and I will take an OPK when I get home. I OPKed last night, but the line was a faint pink, so no go yesterday. We'll see. The hubs and I have been :sex: as often as possible. I "made" him :sex: this morning and we will be :sex: tonight, too! Let's catch that egg!

:spermy: :spermy: :spermy:

:dust: to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back