TTC#2 and SO EXCITED! join me

There you all are! :). I'm on CD 17 now, all neg OPK's yesterday, temp still down, so no O just yet. My husban is pretty sick :( I am actually hoping I don't get my positive today. I don't know that he would even be up for DTD. He will probably even cancel his out of town trip (which is good for us baby-making wise) but not if he's sick! He probably wouldn't be able to perform! So hopefully I'll get my green light (smiley face) tomorrow!

That sucks that DH is sick! Mind you, both DH and I had swine flu the week we conceived Dom. So if there's a will there's a way! Hopefully DH is well enough to :sex: tomorrow!

Hi, sorry was out at a family BBQ last night!
My temps are still up, so that's good. But other than that (and tender breasts) there is nothing going on with me other than twiddling my thumbs while I wait :wacko: .
I reminded DH that would could test on the weekend and he was all freaked out! He kept saying he thought we were taking it easy and not testing :shrug: . Ummm, yeah we would need to test at some point lol. Men are funny little creatures. He was fine in the end but his expression when I reminded him was priceless lol.

I'm hoping to hear about you ladies Oing over the next few days!

Lol oh gosh...like you're not gonna test:wacko: men are dumb :haha:

There you all are! :). I'm on CD 17 now, all neg OPK's yesterday, temp still down, so no O just yet. My husban is pretty sick :( I am actually hoping I don't get my positive today. I don't know that he would even be up for DTD. He will probably even cancel his out of town trip (which is good for us baby-making wise) but not if he's sick! He probably wouldn't be able to perform! So hopefully I'll get my green light (smiley face) tomorrow!

No fun about DH being sick :nope: hope he feels better quick!

So how are all the ladies doing today? :) So today what has been looking like Ewcm seems to be gone for the moment, so annoying!

This morning at 6 am when I took my temp, it showed up and I exclaimed "oh my gosh baby!" I was sure my temp had jumped 2 full degrees! I must have ovulated after all...and then "oh no! We didn't :sex: yesterday, we missed it! All the while hubby is still so asleep all I get from him is some "huh"s and grunts. All this happens in about 20 seconds until I wake up enough to realize I was totally wrong. For whatever dumb reason I was latched onto the #7 in my temperature thinking its usually the first number...um, no dear self....that would be very unhealthy! Lol so the 9 at the front had totally excited me....man was I out of it this morning! In short, my brain was thinking I'd gone from 97.something to 99.something when in fact I was still 97.something. Makes no sense...I was still half asleep hahaha so then I realized my brain (and math) sucks and that my temp actually dipped down a bit....still no o. Oh well, at least we haven't missed it...nothing to miss apparently. Ugh!

So I'm wondering, are any of you reading ttc or pregnancy books at all yet? Anyone listen to podcasts? When hubby finally gave me the go ahead to start trying I was so excited I ran off to the library and raided the pregnancy section. Anyone have any good recommendations? Last week I read The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant. It was pretty funny, just a nice light and easy read compared to the monster books like What To Expect that lookalike encyclopedias (haven't gotten into that one much yet!). Today I've started reading Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs. Again another light easy funny read. Already halfway through it. Another I'm currently reading is called Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein. It's really good. They made a documentary called The Business of Being Born which totally opened my eyes about childbirth and what all our options are. Very good watch and read. I've also been listening to this podcast called Pregtastic I got off iTunes. It's been a lot of fun to listen to. Anyway, as I've gone complete pregnancy obsessed I wondered if anyone else has joined me there haha I know we're all TTC obsessed of course lol

So how are all the ladies doing today? :) So today what has been looking like Ewcm seems to be gone for the moment, so annoying!

This morning at 6 am when I took my temp, it showed up and I exclaimed "oh my gosh baby!" I was sure my temp had jumped 2 full degrees! I must have ovulated after all...and then "oh no! We didn't :sex: yesterday, we missed it! All the while hubby is still so asleep all I get from him is some "huh"s and grunts. All this happens in about 20 seconds until I wake up enough to realize I was totally wrong. For whatever dumb reason I was latched onto the #7 in my temperature thinking its usually the first number...um, no dear self....that would be very unhealthy! Lol so the 9 at the front had totally excited me....man was I out of it this morning! In short, my brain was thinking I'd gone from 97.something to 99.something when in fact I was still 97.something. Makes no sense...I was still half asleep hahaha so then I realized my brain (and math) sucks and that my temp actually dipped down a bit....still no o. Oh well, at least we haven't missed it...nothing to miss apparently. Ugh!

So I'm wondering, are any of you reading ttc or pregnancy books at all yet? Anyone listen to podcasts? When hubby finally gave me the go ahead to start trying I was so excited I ran off to the library and raided the pregnancy section. Anyone have any good recommendations? Last week I read The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant. It was pretty funny, just a nice light and easy read compared to the monster books like What To Expect that lookalike encyclopedias (haven't gotten into that one much yet!). Today I've started reading Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs. Again another light easy funny read. Already halfway through it. Another I'm currently reading is called Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein. It's really good. They made a documentary called The Business of Being Born which totally opened my eyes about childbirth and what all our options are. Very good watch and read. I've also been listening to this podcast called Pregtastic I got off iTunes. It's been a lot of fun to listen to. Anyway, as I've gone complete pregnancy obsessed I wondered if anyone else has joined me there haha I know we're all TTC obsessed of course lol

Well luckily you didn't miss your O! I've had moments like that in the mornings...look at my temp and see something that isn't there lol.
I have Your Best Birth by ricki lake and Ina May's Guide to Child Birth. Both were very helpful and I would recommend. For TTC, I have Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni weschler. This book is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I honestly recommend it to anyone who is TTC. Explains A LOT lol. I'm not big into the podcasts, unfortunately. I mostly do research online, or chat with friends (in particular if it's about product reviews etc).
Your TTC #1 right?

Code:

Well luckily you didn't miss your O! I've had moments like that in the mornings...look at my temp and see something that isn't there lol.
I have Your Best Birth by ricki lake and Ina May's Guide to Child Birth. Both were very helpful and I would recommend. For TTC, I have Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni weschler. This book is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I honestly recommend it to anyone who is TTC. Explains A LOT lol. I'm not big into the podcasts, unfortunately. I mostly do research online, or chat with friends (in particular if it's about product reviews etc).
Your TTC #1 right?

Yes just saw you are TTC #1 in your signature. If you have ANY questions I would be happy to answer. With my first I went with a midwife, but had a hospital birth.

sooo, i just got my smiley face! OF COURSE! he is going to have to suck it up, lol! Ill post a pic becuase that smiley is just so darn cute!

DH, you better get to feeling better fast, LOL!

Attachments

• gotime.jpg
    gotime.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
thanks! I just texted the pic to my hubby with the caption, "its brother making time" (he wants another boy) and his response was, "BABE Im doing an enrollment!!" Lol, men!..

what I wanted to say was, "come home now and take your pants off" :haha:!

haha sounds about right!i actually have an excuse to force my partner into sex now! i'll be in bed and i'll text him and tell him to come up and he goes 'no i cant be bothered' or 'im too sore and tired' blah blah blah! so i text him back going 'so much for baby making!!!' and he comes up lol, wrapped round my pinkie finger! so happy for you, hope you get a BFP in two weeks time! x

thanks! I just texted the pic to my hubby with the caption, "its brother making time" (he wants another boy) and his response was, "BABE Im doing an enrollment!!" Lol, men!..

Omg you're too funny! Woohoo for 'O'! :happydance:

sooo, i just got my smiley face! OF COURSE! he is going to have to suck it up, lol! Ill post a pic becuase that smiley is just so darn cute!

DH, you better get to feeling better fast, LOL!

Yay!!!!! :happydance: for you! (and jealous! Haha) Your poor DH haha good luck to him and Godspeed little swimmers! Next up for you the big TWW!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

haha sounds about right!i actually have an excuse to force my partner into sex now! i'll be in bed and i'll text him and tell him to come up and he goes 'no i cant be bothered' or 'im too sore and tired' blah blah blah! so i text him back going 'so much for baby making!!!' and he comes up lol, wrapped round my pinkie finger! so happy for you, hope you get a BFP in two weeks time! x

Haha that's funny, same with my hubby. He told me last night that after I'm pregnant we're not having sex for months to give him time to recover lol Yeah right :haha:

Holly, that's so cool you used a midwife...I never thought I would consider it, I thought I'd be the "epidural now!" type :haha: But my best friend had her first in the hospital and had an awful experience so her second time around she did her homework and ended up having a home birth with a midwife and loved it! So much so that she became a doula. Her experiences made me start researching and asking a lot of questions and the more I learn the more confident and convinced I am that midwives and home births just plain make sense if you have a healthy normal pregnancy. I'm grateful medicines there for when it's needed but I will not be one of those women who get force interventioned right into an operating room for unnecessary c section. So insane! How did you like the midwife experience. How did you feel about it In a hospital? Did you go natural? :) I love hearing how people's births went....anyone else want to share theirs too? I know most of you are TTC #2 :)

So my big news is that I did another cm check about an hour ago and the Ewcm is back and getting stretchier! (TMI? Lol well hey, if we can't share that stuff here where can we right? :haha: ) so I'm going to OPK here in just a bit....

:laugh2: oh my gosh you crack me up!!!:haha:

ok, here we go! I know my husband is going to have a silly look on his face when he gets home tonight. Im going to cook him a nice, romantic dinner and Brady is going to bed early! This mama is having her last glass of wine tonight for the next 10 months! (hopefully!)

How long can an egg survive? Im getting all paranoid already!

ok, here we go! I know my husband is going to have a silly look on his face when he gets home tonight. Im going to cook him a nice, romantic dinner and Brady is going to bed early! This mama is having her last glass of wine tonight for the next 10 months! (hopefully!)

How long can an egg survive? Im getting all paranoid already!

I've heard 12-24 hours. So plenty of time!

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->