TTC#2 and SO EXCITED! join me

im sure glad I tested last night then! I would be even more paranoid, lol!

ok, here we go! I know my husband is going to have a silly look on his face when he gets home tonight. Im going to cook him a nice, romantic dinner and Brady is going to bed early! This mama is having her last glass of wine tonight for the next 10 months! (hopefully!)

How long can an egg survive? Im getting all paranoid already!

Do the OPK's only show positive when ovulation has/is happening? Like when the egg is in so to speak? Are there only positive results during that 12-24 hr window? I thought they came up positive 1-2days before ovulation...am I wrong?

Took my OPK and still negative but my cm is getting more ew looking and I can feel my cervix is higher....trying to figure out why the OpK keeps saying no when every other sign is saying yes....errrrrrrr :cry: I want a positive too

Runnergrl :haha: you're hubby's in for some fun tonight! And I love your optimism...here's to your last glass of wine! Come on :bfp:!!!!!

You typically ovulate 12-36 hours from the time you get a +OPK. It just depends on how long your surge is, and when you catch it. Then the egg can survive for 12-24 hours once its released.

I know for me I typically get 3 days of positives I ovulate the last day I get the +OPK. I also start getting fertile cm a day or two before my +OPK. It's my very first sign that I'm entering my fertile window. Maybe it will be like that for you too?

You typically ovulate 12-36 hours from the time you get a +OPK. It just depends on how long your surge is, and when you catch it. Then the egg can survive for 12-24 hours once its released.

I know for me I typically get 3 days of positives I ovulate the last day I get the +OPK. I also start getting fertile cm a day or two before my +OPK. It's my very first sign that I'm entering my fertile window. Maybe it will be like that for you too?

Thanks Marieb...that's really what I'm hoping. It's a relief to hear that that's how it happens for someone else. Since the last couple days Ewcm hasn't been super stretchy or plentiful, maybe today is my first real day of Ewcm (so hard to interpret what type it is when you're new at this!) and maybe that means the o is still a day or two away. Thanks again! :hugs:

haha sounds about right!i actually have an excuse to force my partner into sex now! i'll be in bed and i'll text him and tell him to come up and he goes 'no i cant be bothered' or 'im too sore and tired' blah blah blah! so i text him back going 'so much for baby making!!!' and he comes up lol, wrapped round my pinkie finger! so happy for you, hope you get a BFP in two weeks time! x

Haha that's funny, same with my hubby. He told me last night that after I'm pregnant we're not having sex for months to give him time to recover lol Yeah right :haha:

my partner didnt want to have sex after i was pregnant because during my pregnancy he swore he could feel the baby moving and it was grossing him out lol! so i told him he'd better get as much sex now as he can, because in a few months time he wont want to come near my huge belly lol! x

I told my hubby that if we couldnt make time to BD then we probably didnt have the time to devote to a baby!! He agreed and havent had any issues since. He is now happy to comply with the "schedule"!

My hubby has always been at me for more sex and we :sex: pretty much everyday. Though he has commented that he finds TTC a huge turn on....I can't count how many times he's stopped mid-deed and asked if I wanted him to knock me up...ummm yeah!

My hubby has always been at me for more sex and we :sex: pretty much everyday. Though he has commented that he finds TTC a huge turn on....I can't count how many times he's stopped mid-deed and asked if I wanted him to knock me up...ummm yeah!

LOL that is hilarious! x

We have the exact opposite problem!
Ever since we started TTC, DH seems to feel like it's more of a chore.
I don't know what to do. I make it clear that sex isn't just about having a baby for me, and I make sure we DTD outside of my fertile window too.

haha sounds about right!i actually have an excuse to force my partner into sex now! i'll be in bed and i'll text him and tell him to come up and he goes 'no i cant be bothered' or 'im too sore and tired' blah blah blah! so i text him back going 'so much for baby making!!!' and he comes up lol, wrapped round my pinkie finger! so happy for you, hope you get a BFP in two weeks time! x

Haha that's funny, same with my hubby. He told me last night that after I'm pregnant we're not having sex for months to give him time to recover lol Yeah right :haha:

my partner didnt want to have sex after i was pregnant because during my pregnancy he swore he could feel the baby moving and it was grossing him out lol! so i told him he'd better get as much sex now as he can, because in a few months time he wont want to come near my huge belly lol! x

Haha yeah my husband wouldn't get away with that too easy...I'm pretty horny to begin with, my guess is I'm gonna turn into one of those crazy horny pregnant girls :haha:

We have the exact opposite problem!
Ever since we started TTC, DH seems to feel like it's more of a chore.
I don't know what to do. I make it clear that sex isn't just about having a baby for me, and I make sure we DTD outside of my fertile window too.

I know when we're TTC for ds he wasn't as into it. I think for him it felt like a lot of pressure. He didn't understand any of it aside from the sex part lol. For him, it helped when I explained fertile days etc. but don't get me wrong he's still pretty clueless about most TTC related things. I think once he saw the amount of work I had to do, it was relief that it didn't all fall to him.

Haha that's funny Holly :haha: I wish my hubby would want it more often...well he always says its not he doesn't want to, he's just tired on week nights after working all day. Guess that's what a get for marrying an older man lol

My OPK's came!!! So of course first thing I did was take one :)
It's the 46th day of my cycle so I guess I wasn't expecting so much color or something. I know it's def not positive..but do yours still have pink after you ov? Do I still have a chance do you think?
xx

Attachments

• OPK1.jpg
    OPK1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 9
Mine always have at least a light pink line

Hahaha! All this talk about dtd and stuff. You girls are very lucky. I get it once or twice a month-literally ever since my husband got his hernia. Sex and golf and lifting heavy things are painful for him, but he refuses to go get it checked out. He knows it will require surgery, and that's not something he wants to do. Plus he thinks we can't afford it ($6500) which we can't. Anyway- please pray he's feeling better and in the mood tonight. I really want him to want this as much as I do. Not just do it to appease me!

I cant imagine how anxious those of you that have gone through multiple cycles feel. I feel like every hour that I am waiting to O is like a year, and Im only on my FIRST cycle. I though waiting for AF to come back was bad, this is like pulling teeth!

Based on the limited knowledge I have gained about charting, I *think* I will O in the next two days, but I am not sure. My temp dropped on day 10 and then went up on day 11 and back again on day 12 (today). Im thinking I should just disregard the day 11 temp. I am having a hard time telling what my CM is really like the day after BD becuase it seems to be watery but then goes back to C or S the next day.

I have so much to learn!

Holly, that's so cool you used a midwife...I never thought I would consider it, I thought I'd be the "epidural now!" type :haha: But my best friend had her first in the hospital and had an awful experience so her second time around she did her homework and ended up having a home birth with a midwife and loved it! So much so that she became a doula. Her experiences made me start researching and asking a lot of questions and the more I learn the more confident and convinced I am that midwives and home births just plain make sense if you have a healthy normal pregnancy. I'm grateful medicines there for when it's needed but I will not be one of those women who get force interventioned right into an operating room for unnecessary c section. So insane! How did you like the midwife experience. How did you feel about it In a hospital? Did you go natural? :) I love hearing how people's births went....anyone else want to share theirs too? I know most of you are TTC #2 :)

So my big news is that I did another cm check about an hour ago and the Ewcm is back and getting stretchier! (TMI? Lol well hey, if we can't share that stuff here where can we right? :haha: ) so I'm going to OPK here in just a bit....
I am on the fence about what to do for a second birth (MD or Midwife). Sad for me, in our area we just had two midwives dragged through the mud in the media due to some deaths that allegedly could have been prevented had they intervened appropraitely. Im sure my MD is going to convince me that he is the way to go. Pretty nice guy, but Im still not sure. My first time I had to be induced due to high blood pressure. I was hooked up to the fetal monitor the whole time since I received Pitocin. HOLY COW that drug is awful! Within 15 minutes of receiving the Pitocin I had full blown contractions 2-3 minutes apart. They were SOOOOOO painful. I had to wait to get an epidural for about 2 hours since the Anesthesiologist would not give me one until I had two FULL bags of saline given through my IV. The poor nurses were practically sitting on the bags trying to get them in me faster! It took four times for the epidural catheter to be placed in my spine, and of course the whole time I was having some serious contractions! After the epidural started going, it wasnt too bad. I ended up getting an anti-naseau med since I was heaving and slept for 4 hours. In all, my labor was only 11 hours and I pushed (well he pretty much *popped*) out a 9 lb baby with a huge head, so pretty proud of myself.

I do think next time though no matter who I have or where I go, if I can avoid getting induced I will. I will try everything possible to start contractions and have my water break without intervention. Im pretty sure I will end up in a hospital and not a birthing center though as I think i would be kidding myself if I said I could do it without an epidural. My SIL is pregnant with her 8th baby, and with the first 6 she did it without an epidural, but decided to have one with #7 and said she would never go back!! Everyone is different though, and I might just be a wuss:)

Ok girls- I am sad to say this, but it's not gonna happen for us this month. We just looked over everything we have insurance wise and with all the waiting periods for coverage and getting paid for supplemental, it's just smarter to wait the full 30 days than to risk being denied coverage. I hate it, but it really is the 'responsible' thing to do. And it will be worth $2500.
I am upset though that I am wasting that egg that is just sitting there waiting to be our Valentines Day baby! (what would be our due date) :cry:

At least now I know about when I ovulate!

Hi ladies im new to this site. can i join yall but im trying for baby # 3 . me and my husband have been trying since april and its my 2nd cycle . im 9 days late today i have taken 3 test all negative ..so now im just waiting for my period to come so we can start again. but my doctor said i can still be pregnet but it still be too early to test .. i have two gurls 5 year old and 23 old month old and im trying to for baby#3 im so nervous ....do you ladies have any tips yall can share what i can do..?

Hahaha! All this talk about dtd and stuff. You girls are very lucky. I get it once or twice a month-literally ever since my husband got his hernia. Sex and golf and lifting heavy things are painful for him, but he refuses to go get it checked out. He knows it will require surgery, and that's not something he wants to do. Plus he thinks we can't afford it ($6500) which we can't. Anyway- please pray he's feeling better and in the mood tonight. I really want him to want this as much as I do. Not just do it to appease me!

Sending prayers and :dust: your way! That's so hard with your hubby's health :nope: so sorry to hear that. Hope he's feeling okay and able to give you some loving tonight. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->