TTC#2 for the 4th month

I just wanted to stop in with an update, I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp pains in my right lower abdomen. I went to the doctor and it was basically a waste of an hour. They did a pregnancy test and it was negative, then a urine analysis it was normal. She asked if I had had any surgeries and I said yea an appendectomy 10 yrs ago and she was like oh well then it's not your appendix. They did blood work and there was no sign of infection, she came back and asks me about my periods. I told they are irregular because of pcos. She says oh well you could have a cyst or it could be a issue in my colon and instead of running more tests tells me to go take some ibuprofen and schedule a gynecologist appt if it doesn't go away or if it gets worse go to the ER.
Hope you're ok Hun, drs are so stupid these days.

Poor baby :( When they have reflux it is so awful. DD had it and so many tummy issues. I thought maybe that was part of Travis' problem too, but he doesn't behave the way she did when her tummy or reflux was bothering her. That's not to say that he doesn't and acts differently. I think maybe it is just fear and all of the changes for him. Also, he is teething and one of his top front teeth is coming in. That may be some of the crying too. He is sleeping in a pack n play right now. I have a crib, but the mattress is at my grandmother's house. We are going there this week to get it. I didn't want to spend money on another mattress when I have a good one, it's just 4 hours away. He is use to sleeping in a crib, so hopefully when we have that he will have an easier time going to sleep and staying that way.

Glad you are making some progress :) dd had her moment s but in general was pretty good. It sounds like he's been through a lot lately so I'm sure it's all the change.

Athena, I can imagine your frustration. I hate how doctors don't tell you anything anymore, it really is bs. If find I can diagnose myself better on google than the fricken doctors. I actually went to an appointment once because I had a Rash and she went on google with me in the room , really are you kidding me. I hope you get it figure out and feel better soon.

Misscalais, did you book your vacation? I'm excited for you, we haven't been on a vacation in so long, it is really something that need to be done! And Bali just sounds amazing.

Nlb, how have you been? Have you been busy with cakes and work?

I went to the ER and I have to say it was probably the most pleasant visit I've ever had. We waited maybe 10 minutes and had probably the best ER doctor ever. He was thorough, I had urine tests, blood work, a pelvic exam, and ultrasounds (abdominal and transvaginal). I have bacterial vaginosis and a cyst on my right ovary. Dh said we should've gone there to begin with. What pisses me off is that the only reason the drs office didnt do any of that was because they wanted to leave. They closed at 5:00 and my appt was at 4:20 but I didn't go back til 4:45 and had to wait back there for a bit too. I left there at 5:20. I have to have a follow up with my gynecologist in the next few days. I'm thinking about going on birth control for a couple of months to regulate my cycles and so I can lose some weight. And hopefully get rid of this cyst.

Wow, I would be pissed! I hope you find a new doctor! The cyst should go away on its own right? I'm not sure, but I think I heard that cysts are pretty common and most women don't even know they have/get them. So I'm guessing that means you will put ttc on hold for a while? Glad you got the er doc was good and you got some answers :)

Glad you are making some progress :) dd had her moment s but in general was pretty good. It sounds like he's been through a lot lately so I'm sure it's all the change.

Athena, I can imagine your frustration. I hate how doctors don't tell you anything anymore, it really is bs. If find I can diagnose myself better on google than the fricken doctors. I actually went to an appointment once because I had a Rash and she went on google with me in the room , really are you kidding me. I hope you get it figure out and feel better soon.

Misscalais, did you book your vacation? I'm excited for you, we haven't been on a vacation in so long, it is really something that need to be done! And Bali just sounds amazing.

Nlb, how have you been? Have you been busy with cakes and work?

No I'm not working right now. I pulled my son out of daycare and we decided to keep him home for a while with me. I felt bad for pulling him out because he loves school but I didn't see the point of paying that much money when I'm at home. I started spotting yesterday so it looks like af is showing up.

I went to the ER and I have to say it was probably the most pleasant visit I've ever had. We waited maybe 10 minutes and had probably the best ER doctor ever. He was thorough, I had urine tests, blood work, a pelvic exam, and ultrasounds (abdominal and transvaginal). I have bacterial vaginosis and a cyst on my right ovary. Dh said we should've gone there to begin with. What pisses me off is that the only reason the drs office didnt do any of that was because they wanted to leave. They closed at 5:00 and my appt was at 4:20 but I didn't go back til 4:45 and had to wait back there for a bit too. I left there at 5:20. I have to have a follow up with my gynecologist in the next few days. I'm thinking about going on birth control for a couple of months to regulate my cycles and so I can lose some weight. And hopefully get rid of this cyst.

I hope you feel better so. I'm sorry you r having all this pain

athena, I'm glad you finally know what is going on and that it isn't anything too serious. I hope the cyst goes away quickly and doesn't cause too much discomfort.

nlb, sorry it looks like af is going to show. It is nice that you get some time home with your little one though. I have to find a daycare for Travis that we can afford. Luckily, there is one very close to campus, so I am hoping that we can afford that one.

Thank you ladies. I have an appt tomorrow at my gynecologist so I'll see what she suggests and go from there.

Poor baby :( When they have reflux it is so awful. DD had it and so many tummy issues. I thought maybe that was part of Travis' problem too, but he doesn't behave the way she did when her tummy or reflux was bothering her. That's not to say that he doesn't and acts differently. I think maybe it is just fear and all of the changes for him. Also, he is teething and one of his top front teeth is coming in. That may be some of the crying too. He is sleeping in a pack n play right now. I have a crib, but the mattress is at my grandmother's house. We are going there this week to get it. I didn't want to spend money on another mattress when I have a good one, it's just 4 hours away. He is use to sleeping in a crib, so hopefully when we have that he will have an easier time going to sleep and staying that way.
It's horrible hey, just not fair for them.
Aww teething is terrible too poor bubba boy, Seth was a night mate when he got teeth, Eli wasn't bothered thank god! Lol he just got bad runny poo when he got teeth.
I hope it pops through really soon for him. We found that putting a wet face washer/flannel in the freezer and giving that to them to chew on was good as the cloth massaged their gums while being nice and cool also those little mesh bag things that you can put buts of fruit in ( don't know if you guys get them over there? ) with and ice cube inside it to suck on worked a treat as well :)
I miss having a small baby in the house :)

I'm so glad you know what's going on now :) how do they treat the bacterial infection?
I hope you're appt goes well.

It's horrible hey, just not fair for them.
Aww teething is terrible too poor bubba boy, Seth was a night mate when he got teeth, Eli wasn't bothered thank god! Lol he just got bad runny poo when he got teeth.
I hope it pops through really soon for him. We found that putting a wet face washer/flannel in the freezer and giving that to them to chew on was good as the cloth massaged their gums while being nice and cool also those little mesh bag things that you can put buts of fruit in ( don't know if you guys get them over there? ) with and ice cube inside it to suck on worked a treat as well :)
I miss having a small baby in the house :)

I do have one of those mesh things. I did that with DD, but didn't even think of it for him. Thanks for reminding me! He slept all night last night, but then I was awake wondering if he was okay! lol I was afraid if I checked I'd wake him! I hope you have a little one in the house again really soon :)

No worries Hun :)
That's fantastic that he slept through the night! Yay :)
I hope so too, it's going to be very strange not TTC when I want to be so badly lol but in reality I don't particularly want another winter baby with how cold it gets here I'd be too worried about bub getting the flu easily, so we've chosen a good time to take a break :) I'm hoping for a spring or summer baby now so that will keep me going lol!

No worries Hun :)
That's fantastic that he slept through the night! Yay :)
I hope so too, it's going to be very strange not TTC when I want to be so badly lol but in reality I don't particularly want another winter baby with how cold it gets here I'd be too worried about bub getting the flu easily, so we've chosen a good time to take a break :) I'm hoping for a spring or summer baby now so that will keep me going lol!

It does feel weird not TTC. But, I will say now that we are not TTC sex has been extra amazing lol No pressure I guess and it's just for fun. So maybe on your break you will at least have some fun not having to schedule everything so closely. A spring baby would be great! I was huge with DD and she was born in September. I was so uncomfortable being that big all summer :/

They gave me an oral antibiotic.

I had an infection like that a few years back. It was so uncomfortable, but the oral antibiotics took care of it fairly quickly. I think it was like 3 days or so. I hope they work quickly for you.

I went to the dr and I am so beyond frustrated. She tells me that she doesn't think my problem is a gyno issue. That the cyst is too small to be causing any pain or anything even though the er doctor told me it was big enough to give me problems. So she then asks me about ttc and where I'm at with that. I said its been over a year now so we were ready to give medical treatments a shot now and that she and I had talked about birth control for a few months or Clomid. And she all of a sudden doesn't want me to try Clomid. Well she didn't say that but I bring it up and she was like well your going to have to go through a lot of testing before we get to the Clomid. I'm like are you kidding me you pushed it for months I'm ready to try it and I feel like now she is back pedaling. Ughhhh..... I don't know what to do, but what I do know is that if I have to go to the dr 1 more time and sit in the room and wait and hear someone next door listening to their babies heart beat I am going to scream.

Wow, is this the same doctor who you seem before the er? She seems like a piece of work, if I were you I would look into seeing someone new. Hope you can get some answers and a doctor with their head on straight

It does feel weird not TTC. But, I will say now that we are not TTC sex has been extra amazing lol No pressure I guess and it's just for fun. So maybe on your break you will at least have some fun not having to schedule everything so closely. A spring baby would be great! I was huge with DD and she was born in September. I was so uncomfortable being that big all summer :/
I hope so :) lol! We still aren't using protection though just the pull out method but we've never fallen pregnant using that method so I think we will have a 'surprise' pregnancy although I'm secretly hoping that we do happen to fall pregnant this way because I really do hate TTC lol!
We've booked our room for our holiday :D just have to organise flights etc. My cousin works at a flight centre so my sister asked her too keep her eye out for some cheap flights. Now we just need to come up with the money to pay everything lol hoping for a good tax return this year. We also don't have passports so we need to organise that as well.
I was pregnant two summers in a row with my boys but I was only very early on and not even really showing yet but it still took it out of me with the dreadful MS I had. So I think I will struggle being hugely pregnant in summer if that happens but ill be ok with that :) we bought a metal frame pool last summer so ill just live it that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->